PDA

View Full Version : Skins/Saunders/Collins etc.

Hammock Parties
08-15-2006, 12:54 AM
Here's a little tidbit for all the Saunders homers:

Redskins scored 3 points in their preseason opener.

First-team offense did not score.

Casey Printers threw for more yards, had a better completion percentage and led more scoring drives than Todd Collins. They also threw the same number of interceptions. :D

Food for thought.

Moooo
08-15-2006, 12:58 AM

Casey Printers threw for more yards, had a better completion percentage and led more scoring drives than Todd Collins. They also threw the same number of interceptions. :D

Food for thought.

I like printers... for how much of a project he is I thought he showed great upside by taking the sack and not freaking out and scrambling.

As food for thought... this food tastes good...

Moooo

keg in kc
08-15-2006, 01:14 AM
He has upside, but I think it's years away if he ever achieves it. The play where he threw it away from the pocket made that obvious in my mind. He's just a raw talent at this point. And I wonder if he wouldn't be better suited to a Randle-El or Hines Ward mold. But time we have (I hope). And options (I hope).

I'm interested in seeing Croyle, but it doesn't look like it'll be before the 3rd preseason game, if then.

DaWolf
08-15-2006, 01:24 AM
I would also not equate our system as the easiest system to learn. It sometimes takes a year or two to really get it down. We have complicated verbiage, and it isn't condusive to a young QB. Event Trent sucked his first year here, and he had been in the system for years, but others hadn't...

Logical
08-15-2006, 01:27 AM
Why are you obsessesed with Printers, you got something against Croyle?

jspchief
08-15-2006, 05:52 AM
Herm Saunders must be returning the Redskins to Martyball.

Skip Towne
08-15-2006, 05:55 AM
Why are you obsessesed with Printers, you got something against Croyle?
I have something against him. His injury history.

htismaqe
08-15-2006, 06:51 AM
Jesus is just hustling the unbelievers...

MOhillbilly
08-15-2006, 07:01 AM
who needs O when youve got a D like that?

jidar
08-15-2006, 07:03 AM
Printers has some physical talent, but it isn't the type to do well in this offense.
Just give me a pocket passer please, Croyle can be the QBOF
I don't like scramblers, they're always the ones who make the dumb throws.

sedated
08-15-2006, 07:48 AM
Collins looked AWFUL in that game.

His first three passes were:
1. an interception to a D-Lineman
2. nearly another interception, dropped by D-Lineman
3. Intentional grounding (*EDIT* in the end zone)

Rain Man
08-15-2006, 08:17 AM

3. Intentional grounding

But at least the intentional grounding was in the end zone, so they didn't lose any yardage out of it.

I felt kind of bad for Odd Todd. He was a great backup who never played for us for many years.

ROYC75
08-15-2006, 01:02 PM

3. Intentional grounding

To be fair, that 2nd string OL, or was it 1st string was horrid. The pass rush was all over him, very quick.

I could hear Todd saying to himself, Dammit Al, we're not in KC anymore...........

chiefsfan1963
08-15-2006, 01:55 PM
right now printers is our backup. croyle has potential but if he can't shake the injury bug he's not going to make it in the nfl. I think printers is better than what many are giving him credit for. Such as life.

Moooo
08-15-2006, 01:56 PM
right now printers is our backup. croyle has potential but if he can't shake the injury bug he's not going to make it in the nfl. I think printers is better than what many are giving him credit for. Such as life.

Is Huard going to be ready? Despite what others think, we need him, if only for one more year.

Moooo

chiefsfan1963
08-15-2006, 02:01 PM

sedated
08-15-2006, 02:02 PM

:eek: :stupid:

that might be the most ignorant post I've ever seen.

if printers doesn't improve (fast), he'll get cut.

he looked like a retard in Houston, and he's got more to worry about than being our backup...like not tripping over his own feet

jspchief
08-15-2006, 02:04 PM
right now printers is our backup. croyle has potential but if he can't shake the injury bug he's not going to make it in the nfl. I think printers is better than what many are giving him credit for. Such as life.I'll make a wager.

Barring injury, our depth chart at the start of the season will be:

1. Green
2. Huard
3. Croyle

The only way Printers makes the team is if we carry 4 QBs or someone else is injured.

Moooo
08-15-2006, 02:06 PM
I'll make a wager.

Barring injury, our depth chart at the start of the season will be:

1. Green
2. Huard
3. Croyle

The only way Printers makes the team is if we carry 4 QBs or someone else is injured.

How do you know Croyle is better than Printers? I'm not doubting you, but I haven't seen him do anything, and have heard very little...

If you could link me up or just explain it to me I'd appreciate it.

Moooo

JBucc
08-15-2006, 02:08 PM
How do you know Croyle is better than Printers? I'm not doubting you, but I haven't seen him do anything, and have heard very little...

MooooIt doesn't matter if he's better or not at this point, he's a third round pick and Printers is an NFL hopeful who didn't look good at all against a bad team's backups.

jspchief
08-15-2006, 02:11 PM

MooooI don't know it for fact. But I've seen Croyle play, and I believe he's got the potential to be a good NFL QB.

There's a reason one guy got drafted, while the other went to Canada. Sure, sometimes teams miss players, but I'll still play the odds and say Croyle is more likely to pan out.

Moooo
08-15-2006, 02:13 PM
It doesn't matter if he's better or not at this point, he's a third round pick and Printers is an NFL hopeful who didn't look good at all against a bad team's backups.

I don't base their performance on one game. For all I know Croyle is worse, and I didn't think Printers was that bad. You can call me crazy, but I'm just saying that I think this Thursday will go more smoothly for him. At least he had the balls to stay in the pocket and try the throw as opposed to tucking and running.

I've said it a million times, but staying in the pocket is something that's very difficult to learn (it took McNabb years and Vick hasn't yet) and he has already done it. I'm not saying Printers is as good as the aforementioned QBs, but all scramblers face this same dilemma, and he's already overcome it from what I saw. The rest is just learning the schemes and hanging around long enough to get it.

Moooo

chiefsfan1963
08-15-2006, 02:29 PM
I don't base their performance on one game. For all I know Croyle is worse, and I didn't think Printers was that bad. You can call me crazy, but I'm just saying that I think this Thursday will go more smoothly for him. At least he had the balls to stay in the pocket and try the throw as opposed to tucking and running.

I've said it a million times, but staying in the pocket is something that's very difficult to learn (it took McNabb years and Vick hasn't yet) and he has already done it. I'm not saying Printers is as good as the aforementioned QBs, but all scramblers face this same dilemma, and he's already overcome it from what I saw. The rest is just learning the schemes and hanging around long enough to get it.

Moooo\

good point! I hope Croyle is as good as everyone believes, but the guy's potential means nothing if he' s unreliable and always injured.

i think printers has potential. he's a hell of an athlete, sturdy and durable and I think he can improve and surprise a lot of people on this board if given the chance. it will be intersting to watch what happens.

FloridaMan88
08-15-2006, 06:12 PM
I watched several preseason games this weekend, and it is pretty clear the Chiefs left themselves with one of the thinnest QB depth charts in the league. It would have made sense to me to have another veteran like say Gus Ferrotte (who was a free agent this offseason) to compete for the back-up role with Huard, rather than having a Ted White-wannabe in Casey Printers who has ZERO chance of making the Chiefs or any NFL roster.

FloridaMan88
08-15-2006, 06:18 PM
Herm Saunders must be returning the Redskins to Martyball.

Hardly. You could see on the opening drive for the Redskins what Al Saunders was going to bring to their offense. Lots of downfield passes, aggressive playcalling etc. The fact the Redskins' offense struggled was more a product of poor execution and the fact they were still learning a new offense (and losing Portis on the first drive didn't help either), than it was a reflection of Al Saunders' playcalling.

Al Saunders' playcalling, even for a preseason game which meant no multiple formations, no shifting, etc still displayed aggressively trying to get the ball downfield and pick up chunks of yards and score as quickly as possible, compared to Herm Schotteneheimer putting the breaks on the Chiefs offense, where the Chiefs seemingly didn't have a play go for more than 10 yards until that big pass play late in the game (not to mention a complete LACK of imagination in the playcalling, with a run play being called virtually every single first down).

Calcountry
08-15-2006, 06:25 PM

Food for thought.Here is some food for thought Chiefie: 39

Hammock Parties
08-15-2006, 06:28 PM
You and your late-inning heroics last night. :(

Calcountry
08-15-2006, 06:33 PM
You and your late-inning heroics last night. :(THat was a great game to be in attendance.

Especially when the beer guzzling Seattle Dork had the nerve to turn arround after a great Sea. defensive play in about the 7th inning and gloat. They were winning 4-3 at the time.

Gloat? are you kidding me? Where are your friends dude? you are like the ONLY Sea. fan here so shut up mr 8 games back, last place, then lost 12 in a row.

He says, "But I can gloat right now, cant I". I give him the throw down stare and say, "yes, right now you can."

Well uhhh,

After the Swisher hit, I was chanting "Eat some crow ow" in stead of Lets go Oakland.

Phil Jackson said it best, he how crows last crows loudest, so I should take a cue from that and leave you alone for a while, eh Chiefie?

Anyway, great game, and I am going back tonight.

:D