PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs camp buzz - No Hali on Thursday

Hammock Parties
08-16-2006, 02:22 AM
Dammit.

CHIEFS CAMP BUZZ

HERMISM

“It’s like the last day of school. To say the least, they’re probably excited now about going home and seeing their family and their loved ones. I know I’m excited about seeing my wife and my little girl.”

That’s a wrap

There was no long final horn, a la the Dick Vermeil days, but the Chiefs’ final practice of training camp was nonetheless spirited. Starting safety Greg Wesley was knocked to the ground in a jump ball with a linebacker. At least five passes were either tipped, swatted down or picked off.

Coach Herm Edwards said he learned a lot about his new team over the last three weeks, and that he has some “good-character players.”

“I think character’s the thing that always keeps you steady and gives you the ability to get through the hard times,” Edwards said, “when the season kind of goes up and down for you. We've got guys on this team that can handle being 1-3."

Edwards didn’t give the team a freebie in the last workout. The Chiefs practiced for roughly an hour and 45 minutes in up-tempo fashion. When it was over, a smattering of claps came from the 200 or so fans who stuck around.

This afternoon, the Chiefs will fly to New York for a Thursday night preseason game with the Giants, then head back to River Falls to pack and return to Kansas City.

More Trent, Larry?

Unlike last weekend’s game at Houston, Edwards said his starters will get more of a workout in East Rutherford. The No. 1 units will play into the second quarter, though some of them might be pulled earlier than that.

When Edwards passed running back Larry Johnson at the Rodli Commons earlier Tuesday, Edwards cracked, “You might be wearing that baseball cap a lot this week.” The Chiefs have been trying to manage and limit Johnson.

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT …

THE OFFENSE

For the second straight day, backup quarterback Damon Huard practiced. He still might not play Thursday because of a sprained foot. “If he can move, that’s the whole key,” coach Herm Edwards said. “I don’t want to put a quarterback in there with a bad foot, because these guys bring a lot of pressure. You want a quarterback to at least be mobile. Time for Casey to get his ass kicked again!"

THE DEFENSE

The Chiefs did a decent amount of blitzing in Tuesday’s workout, which was in shells. One player who won’t be rushing the quarterback Thursday is first-round draft pick Tamba Hali. He watched again Tuesday, still nursing a rib injury. … Rookie Marcus Maxey came up with two near picks Tuesday, both on passes from Green.
INJURY REPORT

Quarterback Brodie Croyle (shoulder); running backs Michael Bennett (hamstring) and Priest Holmes (neck); wide receiver Scott McCready (shoulder); offensive linemen Brian Waters (foot) and Peter Heyer (calf); defensive linemen John Browning (back), Hali (ribs), Carlos Hall (knee) and Stephen Williams (knee); and defensive back William Bartee (Achilles’ tendon) did not practice. Defensive tackle Junior Siavii (knee) did not participate in team drills.

SCHEDULE

Meetings and a flight to New York.

08-16-2006, 02:28 AM
For the second straight day, backup quarterback Damon Huard practiced. He still might not play Thursday because of a sprained foot. “If he can move, that’s the whole key,” coach Herm Edwards said. “I don’t want to put a quarterback in there with a bad foot, because these guys bring a lot of pressure. You want a quarterback to at least be mobile. Time for Casey to get his ass kicked again!"

ROFL :shake:

tk13
08-16-2006, 02:29 AM
Just to save the pointless trouble, Herm didn't actually say the 1-3 line. That's gochiefs work.

tk13
08-16-2006, 02:30 AM
Oh, he did some other edits too, sorry. I quit reading after the Herm line.

alanm
08-16-2006, 03:44 AM
ROFL :shake:
I get the feeling that Printers will probably end up on the PS and play NFLE next spring. :hmmm:

08-16-2006, 04:00 AM
I get the feeling that Printers will probably end up on the PS and play NFLE next spring. :hmmm:

I am really kind of shocked that Herm said that. Talk about a kick to the groin.

Baby Lee
08-16-2006, 05:34 AM
I am really kind of shocked that Herm said that. Talk about a kick to the groin.
That was all GoJamesFrey's doing.

OldTownChief
08-16-2006, 05:38 AM
Just to save the pointless trouble, Herm didn't actually say the 1-3 line. That's gochiefs work.

Man thats getting old.

Fire Me Boy!
08-16-2006, 06:29 AM
GoChiefs, I'm not one to rail on you, but adding your little comments to a story is quickly getting tired. As a journalist now, for two football mags or websites, you should have better respect for the writing.

Please knock it the **** off. At least put your comments in red, or italics or something. Quit adding it like it's part of the quote.

headsnap
08-16-2006, 06:45 AM
GoatCheese edits = WEAK!!!

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-16-2006, 07:00 AM
Very quickly any Gochiefs article will not be taken seriously as reported news. you should go to the middle east and write for Al-Jazeera.

StcChief
08-16-2006, 07:11 AM
Very quickly any Gochiefs article will not be taken seriously as reported news. you should go to the middle east and write for Al-Jazeera.
ROFL Cover local soccer.