chagrin
08-16-2006, 10:33 AM
This is creepy

http://www.wesh.com/news/9688285/detail.html

Woman Says Man Tried To Kidnap Her In Parking Garage

POSTED: 11:43 am EDT August 16, 2006
UPDATED: 12:14 pm EDT August 16, 2006

Email This Story | Print This Story

MAITLAND, Fla. -- A woman said a man tried to kidnap her on Wednesday morning in front of her Maitland office.

She said she drove to her office at the corner of Lucien Way and Lake Destiny Drive, and when she got out of her car, another one pulled up beside her and a man jumped out.

She told police that he grabbed her and put her into his car, but the car wouldn't start, WESH 2 News reported.

She said when he got out to check under the hood, she locked all the doors and rolled up the windows.

She said she then began honking the horn to draw attention, and the man fled on foot.

Somebody else called the police.

Officials said the man was caught on state Road 434 in Altamonte Springs about 90 minutes later and taken to the Maitland Police Department to be questioned. Police said they are interviewing Edwin Arvelo, 21.

Investigators said he has two prior arrests for indecent exposure and trying to procure a prostitute.

The woman is being examined, although police said they do not believe she was sexually assaulted. They are searching her for DNA because she said she struggled with the man.
Copyright 2006 by WESH.COM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed

This happened in our parking garage, which is specifically used by our company. The kid grabbed her by the throat and threw her in his car, she locked him out while he was still outside and then he took off.

She is a newlywed and obviously this is a trauma for her. What worries me the most is, not just that it happened and happened here (We are in a high foot traffic area, alot of people walking back and forth) but that this kid is 21, obviously he is already a predator but if nothing happens to him or he doesn't get the help (mostly prison time but someone should try and figure him out) he will be a pro in about 5 more years.

sedated
08-16-2006, 10:38 AM
note to self: when kidnapping women, take reliable transportation

chagrin
what do you mean? It really happened. I walked in today and everyone is talking about it, the garage is still taped off outside. The gal who was attacked works in the NOC (Network Operations Center - we are Telecomm) and was previously the Level III Repair Manager.

Unless you think she made it up. That was my first thought as well, but then 2 other employees here were eyewitnesses to the guy throwing her into the car and then tried to catch him when he ran.

Rain Man
Never, ever turn off your getaway car. In every movie ever made, it won't start again when you need it.

Glad the woman's okay. The story is a bit odd, though - makes me wonder if this could be an ex-boyfriend thing or something? Or do you know her and it really was a nutcase?

JBucc
08-16-2006, 10:40 AM
He should've used a white van like in the movies.

wutamess
What happens to these people when they're incarcerated? Do they get man love from Bubba or what?

DMAC
What kind of car was it?

chagrin
08-16-2006, 10:41 AM
Never, ever turn off your getaway car. In every movie ever made, it won't start again when you need it.

Glad the woman's okay. The story is a bit odd, though - makes me wonder if this could be an ex-boyfriend thing or something? Or do you know her and it really was a nutcase?

She's older and doesn't, or didn't, date Spanish dudes.

Of course for all I know she could be a prostitute and he was trying to procure her

JBucc
What kind of car was it?
I bet it was a GM

Demonpenz
We had this happen twice where i work one of the times the lady someone else clipped the guy with a car then took off.

sedated
08-16-2006, 10:44 AM
What happens to these people when they're incarcerated? Do they get man love from Bubba or what?

I think the happens no matter the crime.

that's why they call it "federal pound-you-in-the-ass prison."

why? looking for a cheap way to get some man-love?

Halfcan
08-16-2006, 10:45 AM
Thank god they caught the guy-I hope they never let him out.

wutamess
08-16-2006, 10:52 AM
I think the happens no matter the crime.

that's why they call it "federal pound-you-in-the-ass prison."

why? looking for a cheap way to get some man-love?

Just the opposite... Wanna give it. :drool:

ChiefFan31
08-16-2006, 10:58 AM
Wow, that sucks man. That would be a wierd situation for that to happen with someone you work with.

Im glad the dude ****ed up and got caught.

I agree with the poster who talked about the dude needed help. At 21 and he is full blown ****ed in the head. He seems like the kinda guy that should never be a free man.

chagrin
08-16-2006, 10:58 AM
Just the opposite... Wanna give it. :drool:

umm, :spock:

chagrin
08-16-2006, 11:00 AM
Here's the picture of the guy

http://www.local6.com/2006/0816/9688664_240X180.jpg

Iowanian
08-16-2006, 11:00 AM
Its unfortunate that she didn't remove a .45 from her purse, unlock the door and as he came back in, blow pieces of his heart through his shoulder blade.

StcChief
08-16-2006, 11:23 AM
I bet it was a GM
ROFL awaiting the Recxjake rebuttal.

chagrin
08-16-2006, 11:28 AM
As it turns out, it was a Toyota

burt
08-16-2006, 11:47 AM

HA!!!

J/K

StcChief
08-16-2006, 01:44 PM

yeah... an un-maintained one....with 400K miles on it.

Idahored
08-16-2006, 01:48 PM
Its unfortunate that she didn't remove a .45 from her purse, unlock the door and as he came back in, blow pieces of his heart through his shoulder blade.

This just the reason that I insist that my wife carry her 357 mag loaded with hollow points. She knows how to use it and I taught her to not even remove it from her purse. Just reach in, point and fire till it's empty.

Mecca
08-16-2006, 04:02 PM
She's older and doesn't, or didn't, date Spanish dudes.

Of course for all I know she could be a prostitute and he was trying to procure her

When kidnapping women it's generally best to go for younger rather than older........

Mecca
08-16-2006, 04:04 PM
Here's the picture of the guy

http://www.local6.com/2006/0816/9688664_240X180.jpg

He looks like a boyband member.........how imposing.

Rain Man
08-16-2006, 06:32 PM
When kidnapping women it's generally best to go for younger rather than older........

It apparently is a good idea to have a mechanic look over your car first, too.

Mecca
08-16-2006, 06:34 PM
It apparently is a good idea to have a mechanic look over your car first, too.

Maybe he should have kidnapped a female mechanic to solve both problems.

RJ
08-16-2006, 06:42 PM
I'm assuming that car was really old as she is said to have "rolled up" the windows. When is the last time you did that?