PDA

View Full Version : Didnt like their music anyways...Fu*kin Pri*k!

kczoo
08-17-2006, 06:39 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/08/16/people.troyleegentry.ap/index.html

Brock
08-17-2006, 06:41 AM
That's pretty disgusting.

jspchief
08-17-2006, 06:43 AM
What a fuggin clown.

Like bear hunting on some game farm isn't easy enough, this puss has to shoot a caged one? Seriously, what's the point?

Chieftain58
08-17-2006, 06:43 AM
What an Idiot. Ignorance is bliss..

Al Bundy
08-17-2006, 06:51 AM
What a clown, I always knew there was a reason I hated country music.

jidar
08-17-2006, 06:55 AM
lol

makes this kind of a funny video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsTmcnWKfaQ

Eleazar
08-17-2006, 06:56 AM
Their music can't be worse than that 'swing batter batter' song. :Lin:

Radar Chief
08-17-2006, 06:58 AM
What a fuggin clown.

Like bear hunting on some game farm isn't easy enough, this puss has to shoot a caged one? Seriously, what's the point?

Got me. :shrug:

IA_Chiefs_fan
08-17-2006, 07:07 AM
Country music is the Devil's music! ROFL

Fish
08-17-2006, 07:30 AM
Yeah.... he's quite the hunter.... even better than that kid playing Deer Hunter 3 at the arcade....

These kinds of people really piss me off. No respect for the animals they "hunt". They just wanna look cool and feel tough killing something...

pathetic.....

JBucc
08-17-2006, 07:38 AM
I've seen video of people doing that with wild cats which is bad enough, but buying a tamed bear to shoot it? WTF?

Saulbadguy
08-17-2006, 07:39 AM
Never heard of him.

Rooster
08-17-2006, 07:57 AM
I hope he gets the full punishment of the law. What a chicken $hit..... :cuss:

Iowanian
08-17-2006, 08:04 AM
Aahhhhhhh how cute, they gave the bear a name "cubby".

I'm not a fan at all of enclosed hunting, but I think its important to understand that the "enclosed pen" probably wasn't a dog kennel. I'm guessing it was several hundred acres. There are hunting and deer ranches all over the country, one near my home that is 10,000 acres of high fence, privately owned animals.

Valiant
08-17-2006, 08:23 AM
Yeah.... he's quite the hunter.... even better than that kid playing Deer Hunter 3 at the arcade....

These kinds of people really piss me off. No respect for the animals they "hunt". They just wanna look cool and feel tough killing something...

pathetic.....

Is chuming for a fish fry okay???

jspchief
08-17-2006, 08:27 AM

I'm not a fan at all of enclosed hunting, but I think its important to understand that the "enclosed pen" probably wasn't a dog kennel. I'm guessing it was several hundred acres. There are hunting and deer ranches all over the country, one near my home that is 10,000 acres of high fence, privately owned animals.Certainly a possibility. My biggest problem is with the "tame" label they apply to the bear. Plus, I wonder what the issue is with using a license to tag a game farm bear.

The article certainly makes it sound like more than just a private farm type of killing.

Gonzo
08-17-2006, 08:28 AM

I'm not a fan at all of enclosed hunting, but I think its important to understand that the "enclosed pen" probably wasn't a dog kennel. I'm guessing it was several hundred acres. There are hunting and deer ranches all over the country, one near my home that is 10,000 acres of high fence, privately owned animals.

Whats your fuggin point? It was a tame bear. It probably rode it's unicycle right up to him while wearing a fez or somthing. There is no excuse for this type of behavior. It gives good hunters like myself a bad image.

Brock
08-17-2006, 08:29 AM

Agreed, but where's the rush in killing a bear that would probably stand on its head if you told it to?

Iowanian
08-17-2006, 08:34 AM
There isn't. I wouldn't approve of that, and wouldn't do it personally.

If you go to Alaska or Canada to hunt Wild bears, usually you sit in a tree stand sitting over a barrel of dog food.

I don't see it as much different than the rich guys who pay to 'hunt monster whitetails' near where I grew up, in a high fenced area, with timed feeders. The difference I see here, is the bear has a cute name.

I'm in no way defending what he did as "sportsman", but I think there is a difference between tieing the family pet to a tree and calling it a hunt, and purchasing a privately owned animal thats turned out. The same thing is done with Elk, Buffalo, Exotics on game ranches every day.

Maybe I"m missing something. He obviously did something wrong with the tag and deserves punishment if guilty.

GoHuge
08-17-2006, 08:34 AM
lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsTmcnWKfaQLOL that's some funny shit, considering.

Iowanian
08-17-2006, 08:36 AM
What is a "tame" bear?

Was it laying on its back getting its tummy scratched by the owner right before the hunt?
Was it privately owned and in a cage/pen?

I think all hunters realize that what he did wasn't necessarily something we would approve of, but I keep in mind that the article as written by a CNN reporter who likely knows very little about hunting.

jspchief
08-17-2006, 08:40 AM
What is a "tame" bear?I don't know. I consider "tame" something entirely different from pen raised.

The article isn't clear enough to really determine the details like that. I just question if it would even be newsworthy if it was just him shooting an animal on a game farm.

Iowanian
08-17-2006, 08:42 AM
Would the author of the article know the difference? Do they despise hunting? For all I know, the reporter of this story is a Peta activist.

I don't agree in concept with what he did at all, and I'm not defending the accused, but I'd like to know a little more about the story before I'm of the mind to think he Murdered a teddy bear.

I thought the reason he was charged, was for shooting a privately owned animal, and tagging it with a DNR wild game tag?

MichaelH
08-17-2006, 08:51 AM
Would the author of the article know the difference? Do they despise hunting? For all I know, the reporter of this story is a Peta activist.

I don't agree in concept with what he did at all, and I'm not defending the accused, but I'd like to know a little more about the story before I'm of the mind to think he Murdered a teddy bear.

I thought the reason he was charged, was for shooting a privately owned animal, and tagging it with a DNR wild game tag?

EXACTLY! :clap:

I am a fan of him and their music. And, I am a hunter. I don't agree to shooting tame animals or animals in captivity. I haven't read what really happened and am very interested to know the whole story. I heard a statement his lawyer gave on the radio this morning. Troy had no idea what he did was unlawful. It would be nice to hear it from a source other than a very liberal biased CNN.

Bob Dole
08-17-2006, 09:47 AM
Cubby nooooooooooooo!

sedated
08-17-2006, 10:03 AM
tame does not equal trained.

he didn't pick it up at the local circus.

and this wouldn't even be in the news if this guy wasn't a celebrity for some reason (I have no clue who he is)

InChiefsHeaven
08-17-2006, 10:13 AM
Personally, I can't understand why you would kill a bear in the wild, let alone on a preserve. I suppose if you planned on eating it...

...I'm a hunter, but I eat what I hunt. I don't like the idea of shooting predators...except when you are attacked by one.

Fish
08-17-2006, 10:13 AM
Is chuming for a fish fry okay???

If you see no difference between fishing for food and killing a tame bear in an enclosed cage for "sport"...... then no.....

dipshit......

MichaelH
08-17-2006, 10:21 AM
Personally, I can't understand why you would kill a bear in the wild, let alone on a preserve. I suppose if you planned on eating it...

...I'm a hunter, but I eat what I hunt. I don't like the idea of shooting predators...except when you are attacked by one.

Yeah. good point. I only kill what me and my family eat as well. I have hunted black bear before but never shot one. You can eat them but there's far better game meat out there. I guess some people like the trophy rug to have in front of the fire.

Iowanian
What if the Bear wasn't tame enough to pet...and the "cage" was 500 acres? What if he ate the bear meat, tanned the fur into a rug and has the skull bleached?

I fail to believe that he shot Yogi the Friendly Circus bear in a dog kennel.

I'd like to take a bear with a bow once.

Demonpenz
tame bear population numbers are out of control anyways

sedated
08-17-2006, 10:33 AM
this thread makes me wanna break out the old Oregon Trail game.

InChiefsHeaven
08-17-2006, 10:33 AM
What if the Bear wasn't tame enough to pet...and the "cage" was 500 acres? What if he ate the bear meat, tanned the fur into a rug and has the skull bleached?

I fail to believe that he shot Yogi the Friendly Circus bear in a dog kennel.

I'd like to take a bear with a bow once.

Oh, don't get me wrong, people who hunt bears or mountain lions or whatever, it's your choice. Personally, I won't do it, but as long as it is a regulated hunt so the population doesn't get decimated, have at it.

...and I agree, he probably was on a large acreage or something. Not shooting a bear in a playpen...

InChiefsHeaven
08-17-2006, 10:34 AM

Heh. I always died somewhere in the plains...spent my money stupid...

PunkinDrublic
08-17-2006, 10:35 AM
What a ****ing pussy. Yeah it takes a real man to go hunt for something in an enclosed space that doesn't shoot back. Go enlist to fight over in Iraq if you're feeling like such a badass. I'm no member of PETA but these are the actions of a repressed homo.

Demonpenz
08-17-2006, 10:38 AM
What a ****ing pussy. Yeah it takes a real man to go hunt for something in an enclosed space that doesn't shoot back. Go enlist to fight over in Iraq if you're feeling like such a badass. I'm no member of PETA but these are the actions of a repressed homo.

quit stereotyping gays. Not every one of them is a big game hunter the media makes them out to be

Valiant
08-17-2006, 10:56 AM
If you see no difference between fishing for food and killing a tame bear in an enclosed cage for "sport"...... then no.....

dipshit......

Listen you moronic twunt, it is an inside joke for some on here... If you do not know then I feel sorry for your dumb ass...

JBucc
08-17-2006, 10:59 AM
twuntnever seen that one before

ChiefsKing
08-17-2006, 10:59 AM
I bet the person that is really upset by this, besides the peta people, is that bear activist grizzly guy. Oh wait, him and his girlfriend were mauled and eaten alive by one of these cute lovable teddy bears.

sedated
08-17-2006, 11:06 AM
What a ****ing pussy. Yeah it takes a real man to go hunt for something in an enclosed space that doesn't shoot back.

no, but it doesn have deadly weapons on each hand and in it's mouth.

not that it makes it a fair fight, but you better kill him with the first shot

jidar
08-17-2006, 11:07 AM

You have died of Desentry.

jidar
08-17-2006, 11:07 AM
quit stereotyping gays. Not every one of them is a big game hunter the media makes them out to be

hahaha

Fish
08-17-2006, 11:20 AM
Listen you moronic twunt, it is an inside joke for some on here... If you do not know then I feel sorry for your dumb ass...

If it's an inside joke, don't quote someone who won't get it....

dipshit˛...

KcMizzou
08-17-2006, 11:25 AM
I don't care what size the pen is, buying an animal to put in an enclosure and kill isn't "hunting".

I'm not a hunter personally, but I don't have a problem with it. I'd think having the animal in a pen would take all the fun out of it. Not much sport there...

Iowanian
08-17-2006, 11:27 AM
I guess I'll not bother advertising my idea for a unique bow hunting experience. Retired shetlin party ponies tied on a carosel.

Once again...this "Enclosed pen" could easily be a high fence around thousands of acres.

alanm
08-17-2006, 11:48 AM
Some of them are sheep farmers. :D

ChiefsKing
08-17-2006, 12:00 PM
are you saying that fishing with dynamite is wrong?

ChiefaRoo
08-17-2006, 12:01 PM
That's pretty disgusting.

I completely agree, completely disgusting and immoral. That's why I only hunt hobos.

ferrarispider95
08-17-2006, 12:21 PM
whats your feeling about hunting caged beaver?

Brock
08-17-2006, 12:41 PM
I completely agree, completely disgusting and immoral. That's why I only hunt hobos.

Understandable. Hobos harm property values.

MichaelH
08-17-2006, 12:47 PM
So that an educated opinion may be formed, this is directly from their website. http://montgomerygentry.musiccitynetworks.com/?inc=5&news_id=8154

To Montgomery Gentry Fans and Friends
August 16th, 2006To Montgomery Gentry Friends and Fans:

You are probably aware of the allegations made against Troy Gentry in a federal indictment filed in Duluth, MN yesterday. Unfortunately, the false accusations made against Troy in the indictment have been reported in the media as a statement of fact.

These charges are very serious, and the potential penalties are very severe. Troy has hired the best trial lawyer in the state of Minnesota to represent him in this manner. Accordingly, Troy's attorney has advised him not to make any statements about the facts of this case.

Since Troy cannot speak for himself, I feel it is important to give you some perspective on this case that has not yet been reported in the media. Troy is accused of conspiring with a professional hunting guide to improperly fill out a hunting tag. To back up this charge, the indictment claims that Troy shot a tamed bear in a cage, then made a video to appear that he did not shoot the bear in a cage, but in the wild. These claims are wildly inaccurate.

The bear in question was never in a cage or pen; not when it was killed or at anytime prior to that. This wild bear occupied its own habitat (consisting of several acres of woodlands) on a game preserve owned by the codefendant. Troy shot the bear with a bow and arrow from a tree stand mounted on the private game preserve. Troy did video tape this hunt for his personal use, but did not edit it to make it appear anything other than what it was. He did not distribute the video for commercial use or intend to use it to mislead anyone.

Troy is an avid environmentalist and hunter who supports and follows all game laws. Before he killed the bear he was told by the bear guide that it was proper and legal to kill the bear which again was not a tamed bear and was never in a pen or cage. Troy reported the kill to the wildlife authorities and tagged the bear per the guidance of his professional guide. This all occurred in October 2004.

Troy is disheartened that he has been falsely accused, and looks forward to speaking with the US Attorney's handling this case. A press release regarding the indictment was serviced to the media by the US Attorney's office in Minneapolis immediately following the arraignment. Although they were aware of Troy's legal counsel, they did not include his contact information in their press release as is customary. Thus the media ran with the false information on Tuesday evening without contacting anyone on Troy's behalf.

The result is that Troy has been convicted in the court of public opinion without fair representation. A true travesty of justice for a guy who truly loves God's creation, treats it with respect, and obeys the laws designed to preserve and maximize its splendor.

Please continue to support Troy and Montgomery Gentry in this time of crisis.

Sincerely,
Johnny Dorris
Hallmark Direction Company

To me, it sounds like the bunny huggers are a little off base on this one.

jspchief
08-17-2006, 12:50 PM
That response certainly makes the article out to be very misleading.

InChiefsHeaven
08-17-2006, 01:00 PM
whats your feeling about hunting caged beaver?
mmmmmmmm...beaver... :drool:

Spicy McHaggis
08-17-2006, 01:07 PM
lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsTmcnWKfaQ

Wow. That is some hat he wears.

memyselfI
08-17-2006, 01:09 PM
With any luck that bear and him will meet again some place, somewhere...

mikey23545
08-17-2006, 01:10 PM
Agreed, but where's the rush in killing a bear that would probably stand on its head if you told it to?

Where's the rush in killing a bear that wouldn't?

vailpass
08-17-2006, 01:17 PM
So that an educated opinion may be formed, this is directly from their website. http://montgomerygentry.musiccitynetworks.com/?inc=5&news_id=8154

To Montgomery Gentry Fans and Friends
August 16th, 2006[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2][font=arial,helvetica][font=Arial][size=2]To Montgomery Gentry Friends and Fans:

To me, it sounds like the bunny huggers are a little off base on this one.

Props to Iowanian for maintaining a level head and questioning the veracity of the article. It appears he was exactly spot-on. ****ing manipulative reporting practices suck.

jspchief
08-17-2006, 01:20 PM
Where's the rush in killing a bear that wouldn't?If you've never hunted, you wouldn't get it.

Brock
08-17-2006, 01:24 PM
Where's the rush in killing a bear that wouldn't?

Obviously, you're not a golfer.

mikey23545
08-17-2006, 01:26 PM
If you've never hunted, you wouldn't get it.

Wow, I bet I have to turn in my man card now, huh?

Brock
08-17-2006, 01:30 PM

Either that, or you could just continue to condescend to people who may like hunting. It hardly matters.

mikey23545
08-17-2006, 01:35 PM
Either that, or you could just continue to condescend to people who may like hunting. It hardly matters.

Damn, I forgot that not being a "real" man I'm not entitled to an opinion...

Thanks for setting me straight...

jspchief
08-17-2006, 01:36 PM
Wow, I bet I have to turn in my man card now, huh?I didn't say a thing about man cards, nor did I imply that hunting was any type of indicator of machismo.

You asked what the rush is in shooting a bear. My response was an honest answer. If you've never hunted, you wouldn't understand that there is a rush. There's an incredible rush that goes with many aspects of hunting. Whether it's stalking, trying to remain hidden while an animal approaches, or actually taking a shot intended to kill the animal. I've done a lot of "exciting" things in my life and very few provide the rush that comes with hunting.

I don't care if you or anyone else hunts. I also don't care if you're against it, I can certainly see how people would oppose it.

If you have an insecurity issue with your own manhood, it's your problem. You're the only one that brought that into the conversation.

Brock
08-17-2006, 01:39 PM

Nobody said you're not entitled to your opinion. It just appears that you are shitting on an activity you don't know much about. Carry on.

Iowanian
08-17-2006, 01:42 PM
"The bear in question was never in a cage or pen; not when it was killed or at anytime prior to that. This wild bear occupied its own habitat (consisting of several acres of woodlands) on a game preserve owned by the codefendant. Troy shot the bear with a bow and arrow from a tree stand mounted on the private game preserve. Troy did video tape this hunt for his personal use, but did not edit it to make it appear anything other than what it was. He did not distribute the video for commercial use or intend to use it to mislead anyone.

Troy is an avid environmentalist and hunter who supports and follows all game laws. Before he killed the bear he was told by the bear guide that it was proper and legal to kill the bear which again was not a tamed bear and was never in a pen or cage. Troy reported the kill to the wildlife authorities and tagged the bear per the guidance of his professional guide. This all occurred in October 2004."

Holy crap....it sounds like Iowanian was onto something.

ChiefFan31
I bet the person that is really upset by this, besides the peta people, is that bear activist grizzly guy. Oh wait, him and his girlfriend were mauled and eaten alive by one of these cute lovable teddy bears.

Haha, did you ever watch that documentary that was released about that absolutely crazy mo fo??

Ahh man, the DVD was here at work. He had me and some co-workers busting up ROFL

and oh yeah - PETA the protectors of all animals warm and fuzzy :clap: Pack of Tards IMO

mikey23545
If you have an issue with your own manhood, it's your problem.

I don't have an issue with my manhood...Obviously, if I did I'd take up hunting to <i>prove</i> what I man I was....

Iowanian
08-17-2006, 01:44 PM
Don't be that way Sir. You're entitled to an opinion, regardless of if you hold a current man-card or not. Its just that it would be more appropriate for it to be on interior decorating, expensive shoes, or the proper dinnerware to use for a keish and custard party.

now....as for "rush'...I get a Rush when I make the decision to take any animal...be it sqirrel, turkey, coyote, rabbit, or deer. I get a rush when I SEE a deer for the first time of the day, or if its been a couple of hours, or if its a shooter(big enough buck).

I can absolutely see the RUSH of seeing a bear in the wild.

The bar for me was set when my buddy was dropped off in Alaska last year, 400 miles from civilization with a back pack, bow, tent and tags for caribu, dall sheep and a grizzley. I posted the pic of that griz here.

|Zach|
08-17-2006, 01:44 PM
Wow, what a drama queen.

jspchief
08-17-2006, 01:45 PM
I don't have an issue with my manhood...Obviously, if I did I'd take up hunting to prove what I man I was....You're the one that brought "manhood" into the discussion. I don't know if it's insecurity, or what. But you're the only one trying to tie it into hunting in this thread.

If anyone here didn't think you were a bitch, you are certainly changing their opinions now. And it doesn't have a thing to do with whether you hunt or not.

Iowanian
08-17-2006, 01:49 PM
Personally....I wish ALOT of people would stop hunting....preferably people from colorado, chicago, california who keep coming to Iowania and competing for my hunting rights, or like now...buying my best bow hunting land out from under me.

Hunting is the cause of terrible things. You should tell everyone you know to find a new hobby.

Iowa is closed.

Immaculate
08-17-2006, 01:52 PM
Time to lock him up with a real bear..... Right?

ChiefaRoo
08-17-2006, 02:12 PM
I once shot a hobo in Reno...... just to watch him die.

JBucc
08-17-2006, 02:18 PM
Holy crap....it sounds like Iowanian was onto something.
Uh...I was with you the whole way....yup damn manipulative media.