PDA

View Full Version : Does Sweeney want to lose?

Pitt Gorilla
08-17-2006, 02:53 PM
We have a heck of a rally going and Sweeney decides that he needs to put an end to it. We get it; you like to make a lot of money and not play well. :shake:

leviw
08-17-2006, 02:56 PM
Bitter much? It's the '06 Royals. Did you expect a different conclusion to that? He'll be gone soon enough. Counting down the days to '08 when this team begins for real.

DMAC
08-17-2006, 03:01 PM
Just stop watching them, man. I did. Then the losing just...goes away.

Pitt Gorilla
08-17-2006, 03:02 PM
Bitter much? It's the '06 Royals. Did you expect a different conclusion to that? He'll be gone soon enough. Counting down the days to '08 when this team begins for real.Yes, I did. I think Shealy, Berroa, and DeJesus did as well.

Calcountry
08-17-2006, 03:06 PM
Bitter much? It's the '06 Royals. Did you expect a different conclusion to that? He'll be gone soon enough. Counting down the days to '08 when this team begins for real.What is happening in '08?

Eleazar
08-17-2006, 03:09 PM
It's supposed to say "Does Sweeney want to loose", moran!

leviw
08-17-2006, 03:09 PM
Yes, I did. I think Shealy, Berroa, and DeJesus did as well.

I'm not talking about the players, although losing this much, it would get difficult to think you're still in anything --save the Red Sox series.

I'm talking about from a fan's perspective. I know you've seen this team play enough this year to know that 9 times out of 10 they're not going to win a game like today. You shouldn't expect it to happen, and you sure shouldn't be upset when it doesn't happen. It's a bad team playing a good team in a close game. Nice looking rally, but Sweeney killed it. Nothing we havn't seen before. Nothing we won't see again.....in the next week.

leviw
08-17-2006, 03:10 PM
What is happening in '08?

Alex Gordon
Billy Butler
Chris Lubanski
Luke Huchevar

etc.

Eleazar
08-17-2006, 04:02 PM
btw... a pitcher against a hitter, an out will happen most of the time.

baitism
08-17-2006, 04:04 PM
Alex Gordon
Billy Butler
Chris Lubanski
Luke Huchevar

etc.

Unfortunately 4 players arent going to make up for a mediocre/poor rest of the roster.

leviw
08-17-2006, 04:10 PM
Unfortunately 4 players arent going to make up for a mediocre/poor rest of the roster.

I'm guessing the roster between '06 and '08 won't be comparable at all. DeJesus, Teahan (maybe), Shealy, Buck....and who knows on the pitchers...will be the only carry overs, by my guess.

Your contribution is appreciated, though.

Jenson71
08-17-2006, 04:11 PM
Luke Huchevar

etc.

He only pitched two innings, but they say he did really well in his first start in Burlington the other day. Struck out two, gave up no hits, four fly outs. One guy got in on an error or something.

I'd like to make a trip down to Burlington, when this kid's pitching full games. On Monday he'll move up to about 50 pitches. (Pitched 32 earlier)

Pitt Gorilla
08-17-2006, 04:17 PM
btw... a pitcher against a hitter, an out will happen most of the time.One out, sure. Two?

BigRock
08-17-2006, 05:22 PM
It's well known that Sweeney wants to lose. In fact, last week when he got that 2 out walk-off hit off Papelbon, he was trying to strike out but he couldn't even get that right. :banghead:

petegz28
08-17-2006, 05:49 PM
I'm guessing the roster between '06 and '08 won't be comparable at all. DeJesus, Teahan (maybe), Shealy, Buck....and who knows on the pitchers...will be the only carry overs, by my guess.

Your contribution is appreciated, though.

I will admit I pulled a 180 on the guy.....but why do people keep talking about a Teahan trade? Gordon???

Do you actually think we would trade Mark Teahan right now just to bring someone up from the minor's?

Teahen is one of the hottest players in baseball right now. WTF would you trade him? You BUILD around guys like that.

leviw
08-17-2006, 05:56 PM
I will admit I pulled a 180 on the guy.....but why do people keep talking about a Teahan trade? Gordon???

Do you actually think we would trade Mark Teahan right now just to bring someone up from the minor's?

Teahen is one of the hottest players in baseball right now. WTF would you trade him? You BUILD around guys like that.

Eh. Agree and disagree. Teahan was Baird's guy. Not Dayton's. Granted, Gordon was Baird's too, however Gordon is considered a can't-miss, no-brainer and would have been anyone's pick in that spot. That's the guy you build around. Right now and over the next year, you play Teahan, hope he stays hot and trade him. Get a couple young arms --maybe more --for him and plug Gordon in at third.

Your only other option would be to try to change his position or Gordon's. As of now, it doesn't look like they're going to do that, as Shealy looks to be the long-term guy at first, and Gordon is still playing third in Wichita, and Teahan is still playing third up here.

petegz28
08-17-2006, 05:59 PM
Eh. Agree and disagree. Teahan was Baird's guy. Not Dayton's. Granted, Gordon was Baird's too, however Gordon is considered a can't-miss, no-brainer and would have been anyone's pick in that spot. That's the guy you build around. Right now and over the next year, you play Teahan, hope he stays hot and trade him. Get a couple young arms --maybe more --for him and plug Gordon in at third.

Your only other option would be to try to change his position or Gordon's. As of now, it doesn't look like they're going to do that, as Shealy looks to be the long-term guy at first, and Gordon is still playing third in Wichita, and Teahan is still playing third up here.

I never said anything about Teahen being Baird or Moore's guy. I would not argue Teahen was Baird's guy.

Gordon, can't miss, all-world, sure thing......so good they are trying him in Left Field last I heard.

leviw
08-17-2006, 06:03 PM
I never said anything about Teahen being Baird or Moore's guy. I would not argue Teahen was Baird's guy.

Gordon, can't miss, all-world, sure thing......so good they are trying him in Left Field last I heard.

What I was getting at was: by being Baird's guy, not Moore's, he's more apt to get traded by Moore, which I think they'll eventually do.

petegz28
08-17-2006, 06:08 PM
What I was getting at was: by being Baird's guy, not Moore's, he's more apt to get traded by Moore, which I think they'll eventually do.

T.O. a sec there......that is absurd. Baird could find talen he just didn't know how to run a baseball team.

Prime Example:
Last year Baird held out for a corner outfielder and really wanted Mench from Texas and he never got it.

Moore comes in says the samething...we need a corner outfielder. Nest thing you know we have one. his name is David DeJesus. Then Moore went and got the fastest centerfielder in the game for a song.

Baird had what he wanted in front of him the whole time. He just didn't know it.

Moore did things Baird was too stubborn to do like get rid of Affeldt, bring in pitchers and not hang your hopes on guy named Grienke who can't get out of AA ball.

As far as Teahen and Gordon go. Right now Gordon better learn to play left field, SS or 2nd base and we move Grudz to SS. Butler will replace Sanders in RF and Brown will probably be traded for more pithcing but we need a catcher!

grandllama
08-17-2006, 06:16 PM
It's well known that Sweeney wants to lose. In fact, last week when he got that 2 out walk-off hit off Papelbon, he was trying to strike out but he couldn't even get that right. :banghead:

Don't defend the pussy, pussy. It was just a matter of time before Sweeney returned to help contribute to another 100 loss season.

Pitt Gorilla
08-17-2006, 07:26 PM

Your only other option would be to try to change his position or Gordon's. As of now, it doesn't look like they're going to do that, as Shealy looks to be the long-term guy at first, and Gordon is still playing third in Wichita, and Teahan is still playing third up here.What has Gordon done at the major league level? Nothing. Zero. And you want to trade a young guy who is producing at the major league level to make room for him?
:shake:

leviw
08-17-2006, 07:31 PM
What has Gordon done at the major league level? Nothing. Zero. And you want to trade a young guy who is producing at the major league level to make room for him?

Who said I wanted to do anything?

grandllama
08-17-2006, 07:39 PM
What has Gordon done at the major league level? Nothing. Zero. And you want to trade a young guy who is producing at the major league level to make room for him?

Calm down Pitt, we've just got to get used to sucking at football & baseball... (and give us a year so we can suck at basketball and / or hockey too!) ROFL

Pitt Gorilla
08-18-2006, 09:13 PM
Give me the crow; I prefer it smoked with some Gates original or Woody's.