:hmmm:Then this means you approve? ROFL Nada

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
08-17-2006, 07:22 PM
Gonzo caught a pass
Wilkerson showed enough to cut Hicks

mlyonsd
08-17-2006, 07:23 PM
Peterson's hair was absolutely perfect.

Bonus, he as reservations later for the late show on Broadway.

|Zach|
08-17-2006, 07:23 PM
I am trying to really get down on this preseason stuff...I really can't do much. Missing players...other teams running friggen reverses...

I do remember how stellar our defense looked in the preseason of 2004.

OnTheWarpath15
08-17-2006, 07:24 PM
What a goddamn disgrace.....

O-Line didn't block the first teamers or the second teamers.....

Defense.....'nuff said.........

Hill should have to find his own way home after that piss-poor effort of Colquitt's beautiful punt. Just fuggin stood there like an idiot.

Preseason or not, this isn't good.......

Hydrae
08-17-2006, 07:24 PM
No injuries

Hmmm, that's about it.

JBucc
08-17-2006, 07:25 PM
Trent did not die

Mecca
08-17-2006, 07:28 PM
You know it's been a bad game when your punter is the most impressive player......

grandllama
08-17-2006, 07:31 PM
I've got nothing.

KCfanfromNC
08-17-2006, 07:34 PM
someone remind me why Eric Hicks is still on the team? I would rather stick my d@#k in the oven then watch him play anymore............

Mecca
08-17-2006, 07:36 PM
Yea it's time for Hicks to go, some scrub can do what he does and do it cheaper.

PastorMikH
08-17-2006, 07:39 PM
We are learning who needs cut. Problem is, I think we'll only have 15 - 20 players left after the cuts.

Otter
08-17-2006, 07:41 PM
I am trying to really get down on this preseason stuff...I really can't do much. Missing players...other teams running friggen reverses...

I do remember how stellar our defense looked in the preseason of 2004.

Am I mistaken or is the only defensive player missing Tambi Hall?

And those BAAAaaaaDDDD New York Giants running reverses with their pre-season team against our pre-season team. How rude of them.

Since when the **** weren't they supposed to be able to stop a reverse in the pre-season?

Pre-season? Yes. Meaningless? No.

CanadianChief
08-17-2006, 07:41 PM
We've managed to contain the bootleg so far!! :)

|Zach|
08-17-2006, 07:44 PM
Am I mistaken or is the only defensive player missing Tambi Hall?

And those BAAAaaaaDDDD New York Giants running reverses with their pre-season team against our pre-season team. How rude of them.

Since when the **** weren't they supposed to be able to stop a reverse in the pre-season?
I was talking about the team overall...we are missing more than that.

I just think its funny they brought out plays like that for preseason.

Call me skeptical when it comes to the idea that we play this soft zone all year. Gameplanning for preseason games. If you want jump off a cliff be my guest.

Otter
08-17-2006, 07:50 PM
I was talking about the team overall...we are missing more than that.

I just think its funny they brought out plays like that for preseason.

Call me skeptical when it comes to the idea that we play this soft zone all year. Gameplanning for preseason games. If you want jump off a cliff be my guest.

I'd be more likely to jump off a cliff if they won in the post-season.

The sentence where you said that teams running reverses against the D was somehow unexpected and unfair caught me as stupid.

blueballs
08-17-2006, 07:56 PM
FOX jersey wringles
looks like it reads FUK

OldTownChief
08-17-2006, 07:57 PM
Preseason or not, this is a very bad football team.

PastorMikH
08-17-2006, 08:02 PM

Agreed. Right now they look worse than any Chiefs team I've seen since starting to follow them in the late 80s.

kaplin42
08-17-2006, 08:07 PM
Wow, all I can say is This Team SUCKS!!!!

The offensive line looks like a red speedbump. If they don't play better in the regular season, Trent Green will be joining PH on the career ending injury list.

On defense, I thought DJ, Mitchel and Allen all looked good, but then after that, it looked like the rest of the team didn't even realize they were on the field. No pass rush, no run protection what so ever.

Hill should go back to the locker room at the end of the game and find a pink slip on his locker.

Basicaly this team has a long way to go. It is really sadening when you hear great things comming from camp, and then you see nothing but a giant pile of red crap on the field. Preseason or not, this has been a serious display of exactly what not to do on a football field.

Logical
08-17-2006, 08:14 PM
What is going on here, I was looking for the positive.:evil:

kaplin42
08-17-2006, 08:17 PM
Oh, one more thing about the D. It looks like they all have been playing madden football too much and want the big hit instead of tackling. I can't count the times I saw some one hit the guy with the ball, and bounce right off, only to have to be tackled 3 or 4 yards up the field by 3 guys.

noa
08-17-2006, 08:21 PM

No, its really not. What you saw tonight does not give you enough material to say that this is a "very bad football team." Its a preseason game. That's all.

noa
08-17-2006, 08:23 PM
Wow, all I can say is This Team SUCKS!!!!

The offensive line looks like a red speedbump. If they don't play better in the regular season, Trent Green will be joining PH on the career ending injury list.

On defense, I thought DJ, Mitchel and Allen all looked good, but then after that, it looked like the rest of the team didn't even realize they were on the field. No pass rush, no run protection what so ever.

Hill should go back to the locker room at the end of the game and find a pink slip on his locker.

Basicaly this team has a long way to go. It is really sadening when you hear great things comming from camp, and then you see nothing but a giant pile of red crap on the field. Preseason or not, this has been a serious display of exactly what not to do on a football field.

Our first string offense was on the field for two possessions. That's not enough to predict doom. Don't forget that we don't have Brian Waters back yet. He will make a big difference.
As for the defense, they looked bad, but they will get better. This is just a preseason game, don't lose any sleep over it.

OldTownChief
08-17-2006, 08:35 PM
No, its really not. What you saw tonight does not give you enough material to say that this is a "very bad football team." Its a preseason game. That's all.

No, it really is. What I've seen in 36 years of following Chiefs football, including preseason gives me plenty of material to say with complete certainty that this is "a very BAD football team".

Agreed. Right now they look worse than any Chiefs team I've seen since starting to follow them in the late 80s.

Strong resemblance to the team the Chiefs fielded during the strike year.

Mecca
08-17-2006, 08:36 PM
Our first string offense was on the field for two possessions. That's not enough to predict doom. Don't forget that we don't have Brian Waters back yet. He will make a big difference.
As for the defense, they looked bad, but they will get better. This is just a preseason game, don't lose any sleep over it.

You can try to spin it as preseason but so far the Chiefs haven't looked good in any aspect of the game. They've looked piss poor, they've giving no one anything to feel good about. They're losing with the starters in and losing with the backups in.

As far as laughing about the Giants running a reverse, if you watch alot of preseason games. Alot of teams run reverses and bootlegs in preseason if it's a big part of thier offense. Alot of teams consider those basic parts of offense now, not trick plays. It's to bad some of us think a reverse is a trick play because our defensive players don't know how to defend one.

08-17-2006, 08:48 PM
Allen looked like shit today. And I would like to apologize to Mohillbilly who basically said Sampson has no future in the NFL. I thought differently and it turns out he was right

Hammock Parties
08-17-2006, 08:53 PM
Kendrell Bell actually had 4 tackles tonight. In like two quarters, if that. That's pretty good compared to last year when he made 4 tackles during the entire season.

chief2000
08-17-2006, 08:54 PM
Crap Thorpe caught one.

Coach
08-17-2006, 08:55 PM
Phhhtt.. the only thing the Chiefs did worth a damn was just the Goddamn punter!

The starters got punked.
The backups got punked.
Hell, the 3rd stringers got punked.

Everyone, including the coaches, except the punter, got flat out dominated for 2 f**king weeks. Pitiful. :shake:

08-17-2006, 08:58 PM
The only thing positive I can say is that Waters should help Wiegmann play better. Anybody pay attention to Svitek? I'm almost ready to see him start at RT even though he played in Europe this year.

kaplin42
08-17-2006, 09:21 PM

The offense could have been in there for two quarters and it didn't look like it would have made a differance. Not because of TG, but because of the line. They didn't look like they could block my grandmother in her wheel chair.

The Defense was just horrible. There is no excuse to let any team do that to you in any game.

I know preseason doen't matter for our record, but it is a direct correlation of how the team is looking, in fundamentals at least, and I have to say, it looks patheticaly bad.

noa
08-17-2006, 09:24 PM
The offense could have been in there for two quarters and it didn't look like it would have made a differance. Not because of TG, but because of the line. They didn't look like they could block my grandmother in her wheel chair.

The Defense was just horrible. There is no excuse to let any team do that to you in any game.

I know preseason doen't matter for our record, but it is a direct correlation of how the team is looking, in fundamentals at least, and I have to say, it looks patheticaly bad.

I don't understand why everyone is eagerly willing to ignore Brian Waters' absence. He is a pro bowler. He will make a big difference when he returns. Trust me, when he comes back, they'll be able to block your grandmother.

FringeNC
08-17-2006, 09:33 PM
I'm not going to panic about the offense. When Waters gets back, and when the games matter, either the OTs will play well or the won't. I think we'll be okay.

...but on D, I know it's just the preseason, but goddamnit, after how it has cost us so much over the past five years, this is just downright depressing. I thought Gunther was completely incompetent these last two years, and this year's preseason has done nothing to make me change my mind.

Hammock Parties
08-17-2006, 09:46 PM
You think Law is going to be playing 10 yards off the receiver on third-and-3?

No way in hell.

FringeNC
08-17-2006, 10:08 PM
You think Law is going to be playing 10 yards off the receiver on third-and-3?

No way in hell.

I don't buy that we were purposefully trying to look bad.

htismaqe
08-18-2006, 06:06 AM
I don't understand why everyone is eagerly willing to ignore Brian Waters' absence. He is a pro bowler. He will make a big difference when he returns. Trust me, when he comes back, they'll be able to block your grandmother.

Exactly.

People bitch and bitch and bitch about guys like Chris Bober, but when he's in the game the team MAGICALLY sucks and nobody thinks about Chris Bober.

It was Eric Hicks last week, Chris Bober this week.

Hammock Parties
08-18-2006, 06:12 AM
I don't buy that we were purposefully trying to look bad.

Neither do I. But I think they were content to sit in soft zones for whatever reason. There is no way Ty Law is not right up in the receiver's grill on a 3rd-and-3 play during the regular season.