PDA

View Full Version : I think we have seen enough of Casey Printers

ILChief
08-17-2006, 08:43 PM
I wish him luck back in the CFL. Let's go Brodie.

Mecca
08-17-2006, 08:43 PM
Pack it up dude after these 2 preseason games I've seen enough of about every player on the team let's cut them all.

PastorMikH
08-17-2006, 08:45 PM
To be fair, I doubt Trent would fair much better with the lack of protection that Printers is getting.

OnTheWarpath15
08-17-2006, 08:46 PM
To be fair, I doubt Trent would fair much better with the lack of protection that Printers is getting.

Even when he had time, he missed the mark......

jspchief
08-17-2006, 08:46 PM
To be fair, I doubt Trent would fair much better with the lack of protection that Printers is getting.Regardless of pressure, the guy's mechanics are a mess, he has no touch, and he can't progress through his reads.

It's more than just having pressure in your face. He looks like a HS QB.

Mecca
08-17-2006, 08:47 PM
Brodie Croyle isn't going to look any better.....it's more than just Printers the entire team looks like shit.

Vancouver Canuck
We don't want him back in Canada...

Eleazar
It's halfway through the preseason and he hasn't shown anything yet. Even with the benefit of way more snaps than he could have anticipated.

He's cut.

jspchief
08-17-2006, 08:48 PM
Brodie Croyle isn't going to look any better.....I'll bet he does.

PastorMikH
Regardless of pressure, the guy's mechanics are a mess, he has no touch, and he can't progress through his reads.

Though I agree with you, he still looks better in preseason than any other QB on the team not named Green.

Hammock Parties
We most certainly have not. God his protection sucks. He made a couple of bad throws tonight but his receivers also dropped a couple of passes.

Hammock Parties
08-17-2006, 08:49 PM
I want to know why Huard was only allowed to throw 4 passes.

Mecca
08-17-2006, 08:51 PM
It's halfway through the preseason and he hasn't shown anything yet. Even with the benefit of way more snaps than he could have anticipated.

He's cut.

Who's shown something? Honestly through this preseason I've seen 0 bright spots on this team. No one has stood out, not even young players in garbage time. Page and Pollard are playing in the 4th quarter against scrubs they aren't standing out. Right now NO ONE looks impressive.

jspchief
08-17-2006, 08:51 PM
I want to know why Huard was only allowed to throw 4 passes.Me too. Maybe they wanted to give Printers a second chance to prove he isn't Pro material.

PastorMikH
08-17-2006, 08:52 PM
With Croyle's injury history, I doubt he lasts too long with the way our OL is letting defenders past them.

Mecca
I'll bet he does.

He'll look better getting blasted and going on IR, a staple of the "I'm made of glass" game that Brodie Croyle brings to the table.

I hope you had fun watching Rob Johnson tonight because that's our future.

chief2000
We don't want him back in Canada...

Funny !!!!!1 ROFL

jspchief
08-17-2006, 08:56 PM
He'll look better getting blasted and going on IR, a staple of the "I'm made of glass" game that Brodie Croyle brings to the table.

I hope you had fun watching Rob Johnson tonight because that's our future.Glass Brodie Croyle has already done more than Casey Printers simply by getting drafted.

As for Rob Johnson, he couldn't be more different than Croyle, other than looks. Johnson has always been a mobile QB, while Croyle is a classic pocket passer. If anything, in regards to playing style Printers is your Rob Johnson.

PastorMikH
08-17-2006, 08:59 PM
...while Croyle is a classic pocket passer...

I have yet to see a "Pocket" for the QB out there after the first quarter.

Iowanian
08-17-2006, 09:20 PM
He's done.

Pretty pathetic when SMoker, who has been in camp an entire week, looked more poised and capable of completing a pass.

rad
08-17-2006, 09:54 PM
Printers > Huard.

whoman69
08-17-2006, 10:13 PM
I don't think too many QBs would have been successful facing 5 sacks on 17 dropbacks as he did in the first game. Its obvious he's not caught onto the speed of the game and doesn't know how to step up into the protection when the rush is coming to get an extra second. His footwork is what needs the most work.
Why was Huard out there for 4 snaps? As bad as he is, we can't afford to put him out there with our 2nd team line. I don't think its horrible at every position, but there are some huge holes. Luckily we don't have to keep too many of our backups. The ones we do keep may not be the ones responsible for the lack of protection.

picasso
08-17-2006, 11:40 PM
What is really obvious is that some folks on this board think that Webb is the next great receiver and are slamming Printers for Webbs drops. Webb looked like the second coming of Bartee but on offense.
Printers hit him in the chest a few times and he kept dropping the ball.

DenverChief
08-17-2006, 11:42 PM

Because he sucks worse than Todd Blackledge?

Reerun_KC
08-17-2006, 11:55 PM

Because he absolutely SUCKS!

25.9 % passer rating in the last 2 preseasons. Completed less than 40% of his passes 0 TD's and 3 Picks? What else do you need to know?

Info per Lenny Dawson during tonights broadcast.

Halfcan
08-17-2006, 11:59 PM
Hey Casey,
say "Goodday eh" to Rush for me when you get back to Canada, thanks,

Half

RealSNR
08-18-2006, 12:00 AM
What is really obvious is that some folks on this board think that Webb is the next great receiver and are slamming Printers for Webbs drops. Webb looked like the second coming of Bartee but on offense.
Printers hit him in the chest a few times and he kept dropping the ball.Uhh... I watched that entire ****ing game. I know because I had the urge to stick my weiner in a light socket. But that's not the point. I saw Webb make some important catches, and the ones he dropped from Printers were just plain shittily thrown balls. Fault goes to the QB on that one.

Besides, not counting Kennison, Parker, Hall, and Gonzalez, who else on this ****ing team could catch those passes that Printers threw? I don't care how bad our young receivers are... those drops were mostly Casey's fault

RealSNR
08-18-2006, 12:02 AM
I want to know why Huard was only allowed to throw 4 passes.It was announced during pregame that Huard would play, but not much just because he isn't 100% healthy yet. They wanted to play him one series so he could get a feel back, but not overexert himself

Mosbonian
08-18-2006, 06:07 PM
Regardless of pressure, the guy's mechanics are a mess, he has no touch, and he can't progress through his reads.

Rep.........

mmaddog

Hammock Parties
08-18-2006, 06:08 PM
BTW, if you noticed, Printers DID show improvement over his first game. He wasn't so indecisive. He stepped up in the pocket and fired downfield.

I'd really like to see him get some reps with the first team o-line.

RedandGold
08-18-2006, 06:14 PM
BTW, if you noticed, Printers DID show improvement over his first game. He wasn't so indecisive. He stepped up in the pocket and fired downfield.

I look at Printers performance like a pile of dog shit in the backyard.
After a week, it doesn't stink as bad, but it's still a pile of shit.

Hammock Parties
08-18-2006, 06:16 PM
You folks just have no patience. You disgust me.

ChiefFan31
08-18-2006, 06:18 PM
He definitely looked more calm in this game than his first, but he still threw a couple of bounce passes to our receivers.

One play I saw him scramble and then actually settled down to make a pass. I yelled out good job, right as I was done saying it the pass hit the ground in front of the receiver. Yikes.

I think he is PS material. I dont just want to dump him he is still very raw, but is talented IMO.

Hydrae
08-18-2006, 06:27 PM

Go back and watch him on those passes. His ankle is still bothering him a lot, he didn't step up into any of those passes. I don't think he has any confidence in the ankle. Heck, he looks like he is aiming the ball instead of throwing it, like a dart.

tk13
08-18-2006, 06:27 PM
Did you expect differently? When Croyle gets back there and gets killed because he can't run for his life like Printers can, people are going to call him a bust too. You have to remember, if some people made the personnel decisions, Larry Johnson, Kawika Mitchell, and Dante Hall all would've been cut 4 years ago. A really great football team, this would be.

Personally, I do like Croyle better just because I prefer pocket passers, but if we kept Printers as a 4th QB I wouldn't complain. I think he has a long, long way to go, but that doesn't mean we have to whack him yet.

Mr. Laz
08-18-2006, 06:33 PM
everyone needs to be glad all to hell that casey printers did play most of our first 2 preseason games.

neither Green or Croyle would of survived all the heat he was feeling.

whoman69
08-18-2006, 07:01 PM
Go back and watch him on those passes. His ankle is still bothering him a lot, he didn't step up into any of those passes. I don't think he has any confidence in the ankle. Heck, he looks like he is aiming the ball instead of throwing it, like a dart.
If you've been watching him since he came here, he has no aim. He throws the ball like he is throwing one of the pumpkin shaped balls they used to use in the 30s and 40s.

Mosbonian
08-18-2006, 08:13 PM

Do you have money riding on Printers making this team? Because something is clouding your judgement on assessing his talent (or lack thereof).

mmaddog

Mosbonian
08-18-2006, 08:15 PM

Excuse me....I've been a fan of this team longer than you have been alive.

Don't try to lecture me on having patience.....

mmaddog

Hammock Parties
08-18-2006, 08:17 PM
Excuse me....I've been a fan of this team longer than you have been alive.

Don't try to lecture me on having patience.....

mmaddog

Patience with a team and patience with a player are two separate things. Casey Printers has played in two preseason games. He's thrown 22 passes in this league. People already want to give up on him. It really frustrates me to no end.

Hammock Parties
08-18-2006, 08:18 PM
Do you have money riding on Printers making this team? Because something is clouding your judgement on assessing his talent (or lack thereof).

mmaddog

Printers is oozing with talent. He just needs some seasoning. Paprika, perhaps. Maybe a little salt.

Mark M
08-18-2006, 08:21 PM
I'd like to see them put him on the practice squad, but not sure if someone else would take a flyer on him -- he's got some physical ability that other teams may be willing to develop.

Of course, it's the mental part I'm worried about. For a guy with "professional" experience, he looks as lost as a 5-year old blind kid trying to cross an 8-lane freeway.

MM
~~:hmmm:

Mosbonian
08-18-2006, 08:25 PM
Did you expect differently? When Croyle gets back there and gets killed because he can't run for his life like Printers can, people are going to call him a bust too. You have to remember, if some people made the personnel decisions, Larry Johnson, Kawika Mitchell, and Dante Hall all would've been cut 4 years ago. A really great football team, this would be.

Personally, I do like Croyle better just because I prefer pocket passers, but if we kept Printers as a 4th QB I wouldn't complain. I think he has a long, long way to go, but that doesn't mean we have to whack him yet.

I guess we will have to see when it comes to Croyle. But Printers isn't a rookie like Croyle, and should be more fundamentally prepared than he is right now.

I'm all for giving Printers one more opportunity, but I'm not so busy trying to wear his cheerleader outfit, that I can't be realistic about his inability to adapt to the NFL.

mmaddog

Mosbonian
08-18-2006, 08:30 PM
Patience with a team and patience with a player are two separate things. Casey Printers has played in two preseason games. He's thrown 22 passes in this league. People already want to give up on him. It really frustrates me to no end.

All those years of being a fan has me trying to be patient with players too....

Shall I mention Todd Blackledge, Mike Elkins, Paul Palmer, Ethan Horton, Percy Snow, & Trezelle Jenkins among the more recent....

I have a long list of players we Chief's fans have been trying to be patient with.

mmaddog

plbrdude
08-18-2006, 10:03 PM

Shall I mention Todd Blackledge, Mike Elkins, Paul Palmer, Ethan Horton, Percy Snow, & Trezelle Jenkins among the more recent....

I have a long list of players we Chief's fans have been trying to be patient with.

mmaddog
that's definately a who's who list of impact star players who almost were good enough.

jspchief
08-18-2006, 10:06 PM
Patience with a team and patience with a player are two separate things. Casey Printers has played in two preseason games. He's thrown 22 passes in this league. People already want to give up on him. It really frustrates me to no end.You better prepare yourself GoPrinters, because it's not just fans that have given up on him. He's not going to make the roster unless Huard or Croyle is injured.

rad
08-18-2006, 10:09 PM

mmaddog

Don't forget Sims......

hypersensitiveZO6
08-18-2006, 10:11 PM
I watched him at Training Camp. He seemed poised and relaxed.

He chokes horribly under pressure.

rad
08-18-2006, 10:13 PM

Wasn't it you that argued not too long ago that Huard was suitable as backup, even though he had only thrown 1 pass in 5 yrs?

Would you say Printers is better as a backup than Huard now?

Hammock Parties
08-18-2006, 10:13 PM
No, of course not.

rad
08-18-2006, 10:17 PM
So you still like Huard?

Hammock Parties
08-18-2006, 10:17 PM
He's clearly the No. 2 QB at this point.

rad
08-18-2006, 10:22 PM
Man, that sucks.

What's Jeff George up to these days?

ILChief
08-19-2006, 07:57 AM
He's clearly the No. 2 QB at this point.

I think Huard and Printers both play like "number 2", if you get my drift

Hound333
08-19-2006, 09:12 AM
I hope they end up keeping 4. I don't think Printers or Croyle are ready to be a number two. Both have a much bigger upside than Huard. I would lean more towards keeping both young guys instead of Huard for one reason. If Huard is in the game because Trent is hurt we are done anyways. Might as well get a young guy experience.

RealSNR
08-19-2006, 09:50 AM
I'm not suggesting cut him for crying out loud. But I do think that once Croyle has a chance to show what he can do in this league, there will be no question that Printers is the odd man out. If we can keep him on the PS and have him back for next year, that would be fantastic.

FringeNC
08-19-2006, 10:13 AM
Tom Brady is the best QB in the league, and how physically gifted is he? Michael Vick is the most physically-gifted man ever to play QB and I think he is a terrible QB.

All this talk of upside -- I don't see it. Who really cares if Casey Printers is physically gifted if he has the "deer in the headlights" look?

I'd much rather have a QB with average physical skills, and have him be mentally-gifted like Joe Montana or Tom Brady or even Trent Green.

boogblaster
08-19-2006, 12:06 PM
Daunte Printers hasn't got what it takes to be No. 2..He does have the speed to be a roll-out QB..they need to work on that for him in case he does have to play..Right now the team as a whole needs to step up if they want to fight for this divison...10-6 to 11-5 season hope thats good enough... BOOG HOPES....

Mr. Laz
08-19-2006, 12:10 PM
I watched him at Training Camp. He seemed poised and relaxed.

He chokes horribly under pressure.
that can be learned ... can be developed

it's the mental part that worries me

if he isn't smart enough ... he isn't smart enough

BamMorris
08-19-2006, 03:05 PM
First of all, I don't think we have to worry about who's playing quarterback. We will never see them anyway. If the damn d-line can't stop the run, and I'm not just talking about the misdirection or draw plays that seem impossible to stop. It seems that we have to get lucky to even stop a straight gap handoff. As for Printers I would like to see him stick around, because if our line does'nt protect better we're going to need some legs behind center.

ChiefsCountry
08-19-2006, 09:15 PM
Don't forget Sims......

Sorry dude Sims isn't a bust, he is at worst a serivceable starter. A true bust doesnt see the field.

------------------------

Now back to Printers. I sort of agree a little with GoChiefs, crap that is scray. Now he has looked like crap I will admit. But consider this - at TCU he was an option QB same at Florida A&M. And in Canada its let her rip type of offense. Basically its lot of throwing and scrambling. And I know he wasn't the starter all the time up there, actually only for one year I believe. He looks like he is told to stay in the pocket, which has made his hesitant. He has looked like crap but he is a project. Keep him on the PS and then send him to Europe. I doubt he is are future QB but hopefully we can groom him so we can get something out of him.

hypersensitiveZO6
08-19-2006, 09:19 PM
Sorry dude Sims isn't a bust, he is at worst a serivceable starter. A true bust doesnt see the field.

Not really.

Sims is most definitely a bust, until proven worth anything....

ChiefsCountry
08-19-2006, 09:25 PM
Not really.

Sims is most definitely a bust, until proven worth anything....

Dude, he has been a starter. He is servicable journeyman type. That is not a bust. A bust is a Trezzelle Jenkins type who never sees the field. Is he playing up to a 6th overall pick, no not at all, but he has been a starter and contributed. Thats not a bust.

FringeNC
08-19-2006, 09:42 PM

If Sims was taken in the 6th round, he wouldn't be a bust; given that he was taken #6 overall in the draft, he's a huge bust. If Sims wasn't such a high draft pick, his ass probably would have already been cut.

hypersensitiveZO6
08-19-2006, 09:48 PM
Dude, he has been a starter. He is servicable journeyman type. That is not a bust. A bust is a Trezzelle Jenkins type who never sees the field. Is he playing up to a 6th overall pick, no not at all, but he has been a starter and contributed. Thats not a bust.

I haven't seen these "contributions."

He's also been anything but "servicable."

ChiefsCountry
08-19-2006, 10:04 PM
I haven't seen these "contributions."

He's also been anything but "servicable."

Has he been a starter? Thats servicable.

Mecca
08-19-2006, 10:09 PM

He's a bust......being picked 6th overall means you are suppose to be a cornerstone player, not a serviceable starter. Because the Chiefs have a player like Trezelle Jenkins on it's draft history who was about as big of a must as one could possibly be doesn't make another player not a bust. By those standards no player the Chiefs ever pick is a bust because none of them are as bad as him.

Sims has played like an ok 3rd-4th round pick, not a 6th overall pick that makes him a bust.

hypersensitiveZO6
08-19-2006, 10:09 PM

...a starter on one of the worst defenses for a long time. When you say "servicable" do you mean fill a roster spot? Yes, he did that.

Do you actually believe Sims hasn't been a bust?

Mecca
08-19-2006, 10:10 PM
Consider John Henderson went after Ryan Sims in that draft...........Sims is a bust. If we had John Henderson at DT we'd be a better team.

rad
08-19-2006, 10:58 PM

------------------------

Now back to Printers. I sort of agree a little with GoChiefs, crap that is scray. Now he has looked like crap I will admit. But consider this - at TCU he was an option QB same at Florida A&M. And in Canada its let her rip type of offense. Basically its lot of throwing and scrambling. And I know he wasn't the starter all the time up there, actually only for one year I believe. He looks like he is told to stay in the pocket, which has made his hesitant. He has looked like crap but he is a project. Keep him on the PS and then send him to Europe. I doubt he is are future QB but hopefully we can groom him so we can get something out of him.

What's all this "bust" talk?

I mentioned Sims in response to a thread that mentioned "players we have been trying to be patient with".

Nobody mentioned the word "bust".