PDA

View Full Version : Preseason or not......

OnTheWarpath15
08-17-2006, 08:48 PM
Under 300 yards of total offense in TWO games is ri-god-damn-diculous.....

Without looking it up...when was the last time we were shut out?

I'm going with 1994, at Arrowhead, against the LA Rams.

Edit: Beer fog lifting....maybe 2002 @ Oakland......

Either way...this sucks

noa
08-17-2006, 08:50 PM
How many possessions were led by Trent Green? How many included LJ? How many included Brian Waters (hint: zero). That's why our numbers don't matter.

Hammock Parties
08-17-2006, 08:52 PM
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/2725/chickenkcmz1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

OnTheWarpath15
08-17-2006, 08:56 PM
How many possessions were led by Trent Green? How many included LJ? How many included Brian Waters (hint: zero). That's why our numbers don't matter.

Poor excuse. Every guy who makes the 53 man roster is expected to contribute. And of the possessions that WERE lead by Trent and LJ over two games, haven't exactly set the world on fire.

So you're saying it's OK to suck if Waters misses some regular season games? The rest of the "starting" OL was intact. NONE of them looked good.

Preseason is supposed to prepare you for the regular season.....

To say these last two games "don't matter" is ridiculous.

chief2000
08-17-2006, 08:57 PM
I thought the backup qbs for the NY Giants looked better than all of the Chief QBs.

noa
08-17-2006, 09:01 PM
Poor excuse. Every guy who makes the 53 man roster is expected to contribute. And of the possessions that WERE lead by Trent and LJ over two games, haven't exactly set the world on fire.

So you're saying it's OK to suck if Waters misses some regular season games? The rest of the "starting" OL was intact. NONE of them looked good.

Preseason is supposed to prepare you for the regular season.....

To say these last two games "don't matter" is ridiculous.

On the contrary, I think that to say that these two games did matter is ridiculous. We looked bad last preseason and still won 10 games. It does not predict whether or not you will do well in the regular season.
Trent looked fine. His first drive was stalled by penalties. LJ didn't get enough rushes to make any judgements. With the way our offense will be, we are going to punish defenses the first three quarters and excel in the 4th quarter, and you can't see a reflection of that style in preseason games. Its how we were with Priest as well. Very few RBs put up their best stats in the first quarter.

Mecca
08-17-2006, 09:03 PM
Some people are going to ignore it as 'vanilla" or "preseason" but this team looks like total shit. NO ONE is standing out whatsoever, no one looks good. Preseason or not the entire team should not look that pathetic.

Tactical Funky
08-17-2006, 09:04 PM
On the contrary, I think that to say that these two games did matter is ridiculous. We looked bad last preseason and still won 10 games. It does not predict whether or not you will do well in the regular season.
Trent looked fine. His first drive was stalled by penalties. LJ didn't get enough rushes to make any judgements. With the way our offense will be, we are going to punish defenses the first three quarters and excel in the 4th quarter, and you can't see a reflection of that style in preseason games. Its how we were with Priest as well. Very few RBs put up their best stats in the first quarter.
Egads!

What's this? A voice of reason?!?! ROFL :clap:

Mojo Rising
08-17-2006, 09:06 PM

Either way...this sucks

Those were painful games. Unfortuneately, I attended both.

Deberg_1990
08-17-2006, 09:10 PM
Just for a little perspective.....The Indianapolis Colts went winless last year in Preseason, then went on to win 14 games in the regular season. Preseason games are about 99% waste of time.

Mecca
08-17-2006, 09:12 PM
Just for a little prespective.....The Indianapolis Colts went winless last year in Preseason, then went on to win 14 games in the regular season. Preseason games are about 99% waste of time.

Did their entire roster look like shit? It's one thing to lose preseason games with 3rd stringers in, it's another to be beaten in every aspect of the game with starters and backups, with no one at all standing out.

KChiefs1
08-17-2006, 09:12 PM
It's time they shorten the preseason to two games with 18 regular season games....

boogblaster
08-17-2006, 09:13 PM
This team had better get its shit together or they wont even go 8-8...That was one of the worst games Ive ever seen pro players play...The offence is flater than Twiggy and the defence couldnt defend my 3rd grade fort I had as a youth...BOOG MAD....

noa
08-17-2006, 09:15 PM
This team had better get its shit together or they wont even go 8-8...That was one of the worst games Ive ever seen pro players play...The offence is flater than Twiggy and the defense couldnt defend my 3rd grade fort I had as a youth...BOOG MAD....

A lot of those guys will not be pro players for long

Deberg_1990
Did their entire roster look like shit?

I wouldnt say Green, Gonzalez, Kennison, LJ or Parker look like crap. They all look the same to me. They have only played about 10 snaps though. Everyone needs to calm the F*** down and relax. If the D still looks like this in Oct. then its time to panic.

rad
I thought Turley held his own pretty well against Osi.

OnTheWarpath15
08-17-2006, 09:16 PM
We looked bad last preseason and still won 10 games.

We may have looked bad in your opinion last year, but we look much worse this year.

Trent looked fine. His first drive was stalled by penalties.

Penalties count the same in the preseason as in the regualr season.

With the way our offense will be, we are going to punish defenses the first three quarters and excel in the 4th quarter.

Spoken like a Broncos fan. Living in the past helps no one. With two new O-Tackles and a new OC, they need to prove it.

Very few RBs put up their best stats in the first quarter.

Barber and Co. didn't seem to have that problem.

I'm not saying the season is doomed. I'm saying shit better get straightened out before 9/10.......

Mecca
08-17-2006, 09:18 PM
I thought Turley held his own pretty well against Osi.

He ran right around Turley atleast 3 times......

InChiefsHeaven
08-17-2006, 09:19 PM
Well, pre-season or not, we definately looked like total shit. Biggest thing for me was the re-assertion of the FACT that if Trent goes down, we're done. Damon looked like sheot for 2 drives and Casey was just screwed. Granted, he didn't have the starters blocking for him, but Trent did and got bitch slapped all over the field. I hope like HELL Waters is OK, which he is supposed to be, but even our core starters like Shields and Weigman did not look good at all.

I'm not throwing us under the bus, but we have got to improve by leaps and bounds by the beginning of the season, or we will start out in the hole and God knows we can't afford that...

...it just might be a long season. We'll see.

noa
08-17-2006, 09:20 PM
We may have looked bad in your opinion last year, but we look much worse this year.
Penalties count the same in the preseason as in the regualr season.
Spoken like a Broncos fan. Living in the past helps no one. With two new O-Tackles and a new OC, they need to prove it.
Barber and Co. didn't seem to have that problem.
I'm not saying the season is doomed. I'm saying shit better get straightened out before 9/10.......

All I'm saying is that I think we have plenty of time to have things straightened out by the Cincy game. Yes, we haven't looked great, but we have time to improve. If we have weaknesses at the offensive line, then I'm glad we hired Mike Solari as our OC because he understands the importance of that unit more than anyone. I truly think LJ and our OLine will show much more in the regular season than they showed tonight. As long as that happens, I see no reason to push the panic button yet.

petegz28
08-17-2006, 09:21 PM
Houston nor NY had to play a 3rd-4th string QB most of the game as we have.

Keep in mind these guys haven't been home for almost 4 weeks now.....Houston and NY got to sleep in their own beds

noa
08-17-2006, 09:21 PM
Well, pre-season or not, we definately looked like total shit. Biggest thing for me was the re-assertion of the FACT that if Trent goes down, we're done. Damon looked like sheot for 2 drives and Casey was just screwed. Granted, he didn't have the starters blocking for him, but Trent did and got bitch slapped all over the field. I hope like HELL Waters is OK, which he is supposed to be, but even our core starters like Shields and Weigman did not look good at all.

I'm not throwing us under the bus, but we have got to improve by leaps and bounds by the beginning of the season, or we will start out in the hole and God knows we can't afford that...

...it just might be a long season. We'll see.

I think a lot of teams would be screwed if their #1 QB goes down.

rad
08-17-2006, 09:23 PM
He ran right around Turley atleast 3 times......

Did he sack Trent?

I saw a couple times where Turley stood him up and used decent footwork to keep him off. I even saw him put him on the ground and then laid on him.

InChiefsHeaven
08-17-2006, 09:36 PM
Did he sack Trent?

I saw a couple times where Turley stood him up and used decent footwork to keep him off. I even saw him put him on the ground and then laid on him.

Turley looked pretty good, I think...

InChiefsHeaven
08-17-2006, 09:37 PM
I think a lot of teams would be screwed if their #1 QB goes down.
ROFL Yeah, I re-read my post and thought "Holy Crap, I AM Captain Obvious!!"

It's just pre-season. That's how I will get to sleep tonight...

Mecca
08-17-2006, 09:37 PM
Did he sack Trent?

First pass they threw Umenyiora ran around Turley and hit Trents arm causing a flutter ball.....LJ caught it but still he was right on Trent in about 2 seconds in a 3rd and long.

alanm
08-17-2006, 10:06 PM
Just for a little perspective.....The Indianapolis Colts went winless last year in Preseason, then went on to win 14 games in the regular season. Preseason games are about 99% waste of time.
Has anyone stopped to realize that we haven't won a preseason game since 04. ROFL

alanm
08-17-2006, 10:09 PM
I wouldnt say Green, Gonzalez, Kennison, LJ or Parker look like crap. They all look the same to me. They have only played about 10 snaps though. Everyone needs to calm the F*** down and relax. If the D still looks like this in Oct. then its time to panic.
I'd be a little worried if they look like tonight next week. :(

noa
08-17-2006, 10:11 PM
I'd be a little worried if they look like tonight next week. :(

Precisely....we should be more worried if they look like this next week, then legitimately worried if they look like this in the last preseason game, and of course supremely, Rodney-King-riots-worried if they play like this against Cincy in week one.

OnTheWarpath15
08-17-2006, 10:13 PM
Has anyone stopped to realize that we haven't won a preseason game since 04. ROFL

I could care less if they win. In the W/L aspect, these games DON'T mean anything......

However, PS is supposed to be a "dress rehearsal" for the real deal. Through two games, the punter is the only one I have confidence in "remembering his lines".......

alanm
08-17-2006, 10:14 PM
Precisely....we should be more worried if they look like this next week, then legitimately worried if they look like this in the last preseason game, and of course supremely, Rodney-King-riots-worried if they play like this against Cincy in week one.
Next week the starters(that play anyway) will go into the 3rd quarter. The 4th game will be exclusively scrubs.

alanm
08-17-2006, 10:17 PM
I could care less if they win. In the W/L aspect, these games DON'T mean anything......

However, PS is supposed to be a "dress rehearsal" for the real deal. Through two games, the punter is the only one I have confidence in "remembering his lines".......
Well.. that's what I mean. These games are for the rookies and the bench warmers to merit a spot on the roster. For the starters all it is to get the rust off and ready for the season. How many guys didn't play tonight that will be in the lineup opening day?

noa
08-17-2006, 10:21 PM
Next week the starters(that play anyway) will go into the 3rd quarter. The 4th game will be exclusively scrubs.

Fair enough. I recant.

htismaqe
08-18-2006, 06:09 AM
Well.. that's what I mean. These games are for the rookies and the bench warmers to merit a spot on the roster. For the starters all it is to get the rust off and ready for the season. How many guys didn't play tonight that will be in the lineup opening day?

It's not just "guys" that didn't play. It's KEY guys, like Brian Waters and Tamba Hali...

InChiefsHeaven
08-18-2006, 06:17 AM
Man, I hope we're not all putting too much stock in Tamba...

MahiMike
08-18-2006, 07:10 AM
I thought the backup qbs for the NY Giants looked better than all of the Chief QBs.

I was thinking the same thing. Of course Trent was trying to throw from his butt most of the night. But still, Coughlin has got some depth there. The Giants are a good team. We used to be...

htismaqe
08-18-2006, 08:16 AM
Man, I hope we're not all putting too much stock in Tamba...

When you're missing a STARTER, you're missing a starter. Doesn't necessarily matter how good or bad he is...

Jets Babe
08-18-2006, 08:27 AM

Either way...this sucks
you are a logical fan.