PDA

View Full Version : Time to face facts: A Franchise LT is critical for this team.

banyon
08-17-2006, 09:22 PM
I've heard all of the apologists for a while now.

"Turley will be fine", "So what if he's 270 (maybe), today's DE's are small" "Svitek killed in Europe".

Roaf is a first ballot HOF'er.

He elevated our level of play, especially in the run game probaby > 400 yards worth. I remember several opposing coaches and scouts saying last season "We knew that they were going to run left, there was just nothing we could do about it".

Also, of course, he was a pass blocker par excellence. Now Green has about 3 seconds to get rid of the ball.

I said in an earlier poll that Roaf was worth 2 wins. I revise. He is worth 4 games. the two he elevated us with his greatness and minus the two because we do not even have an average replacement.

There is no way this team makes the playoffs if he doesn't return.

petegz28
08-17-2006, 09:23 PM
How did teams with less talent than Roaf ever win the Super Bowl? How does LT get all those yards without Roaf? how did Terrell Davis get all those yards without Roaf?

Hammock Parties
08-17-2006, 09:24 PM
Larry Johnson averaged over 5 yards per carry without Willie Roaf.

dirk digler
08-17-2006, 09:26 PM
Not many NFL teams have a franchise LT. We have been lucky to have several.

banyon
08-17-2006, 09:27 PM
Larry Johnson averaged over 5 yards per carry without Willie Roaf.

Yes, he set a Chiefs Record against the pathetic Texans, which skews those numbers quite a bit.

petegz28
08-17-2006, 09:28 PM
Yes, he set a Chiefs Record against the pathetic Texans, which skews those numbers quite a bit.

I guess other teams that put up big numbers went up against nothing but top rated run defenses heh?

Hammock Parties
08-17-2006, 09:28 PM
Not really. He averaged about 5 yards per carry against the Texans, too.

banyon
08-17-2006, 09:31 PM
How did teams with less talent than Roaf ever win the Super Bowl? How does LT get all those yards without Roaf? how did Terrell Davis get all those yards without Roaf?

Now did I say that every successful team has to have a Franchise LT?

Of course not.

This team needs it. Trent Green is old and needs the blindside protection. He is not exactly elusive. Larry Johnson is a power runner, not an elusive runner. Who's Kyle Turley supposed to overpower? The only team that runs successfully with undersized linemen is the :donkeys: because they all use Vaseline and cheat. We are not doing that, or any of that cutback type crap on a regular basis.

With our personnel and window of opportunity we need a LT.

Halfcan
08-17-2006, 09:34 PM
Turdley got thrown down with one arm like a little biatch. We are screwed.

banyon
08-17-2006, 09:37 PM
Not really. He averaged about 5 yards per carry against the Texans, too.

Are you using an alternate base number system to divide 211 by 36?

Also, LJ was 8 rushes for 13 yards against the donkeys w/o Roaf.

Iowanian
08-17-2006, 09:38 PM
Turley was ruined on 1 play. Another play he was beaten inside, but I think that was Bober's responsibility. Every tackle in the NFL gets beaten.

I do however, not wish to hear anything further about how "ready" Svitek is, as he is obviously not.

Rain Man
08-17-2006, 09:42 PM
As good as he was, Willie Roaf never recorded a sack.

whoman69
08-17-2006, 09:45 PM
At this point Turley should be the right tackle. Unfortunately we have nobody good enough to take the left side. Turley has done pretty well covering, but he is undersized. We don't have any other answers for this year.

keg in kc
08-17-2006, 09:45 PM
I think you left the "C" out of "Capologists".

Hammock Parties
08-17-2006, 09:48 PM
Are you using an alternate base number system to divide 211 by 36?

No. 211 divided by 36 is 5.86. That's ABOUT five yards per carry. It's not eight or nine yards per carry. It didn't skew his average like you claim.

plbrdude
08-17-2006, 09:48 PM
As good as he was, Willie Roaf never recorded a sack.

he didn't stop peyton in 03 either

Chiefs Pantalones
08-17-2006, 09:49 PM
Sure, you want to play well, but I'm not real concerned. It's just preseason.

Although, it's good to see most of the BB is in mid-season form as far as the "sky is falling" bit goes. heh

Hammock Parties
08-17-2006, 09:50 PM
Yeah, and it's ****ing annoying. We've got some real dipshits around here.

banyon
08-17-2006, 09:55 PM
Yeah, and it's ****ing annoying. We've got some real dipshits around here.

You don't expect a few negative/critical threads after 2 of the worst looking games we have seen in several years?

Also, try discussing the substance of my post instead of your cheap-shot petty insults.

RealSNR
08-17-2006, 10:06 PM
I believe the Giants have a backup QB who would look good on the left side of the line. Let's bring him in.