PDA

View Full Version : 0-2? Of Course..STOP FREAKING OUT!

petegz28
08-17-2006, 09:27 PM
Keep in mind the Cheifs have not seen their beds since the last week of July. BOTH teams they have had to play have all been able to sleep in their own beds before both games besides playing on their own home field.

One thing to play on the road. Another to play on the road 4 weeks straight..LITERALY!

Halfcan
08-17-2006, 09:28 PM
:deevee: :deevee: :deevee: :deevee: :deevee: :deevee:

noa
08-17-2006, 09:31 PM
Thank you good sir

Rain Man
08-17-2006, 09:33 PM
BRING THESE MEN THEIR BEDS!

BIG K
08-17-2006, 10:17 PM
BRING THESE MEN THEIR BEDS!

Why does anyone need to bring them their beds when they have demonstrated that they have no problem being asleep while playing the game? If anything, Herm needs to teach them to sleep at night time and not during games....

Logical
08-17-2006, 11:49 PM
Carl needs you to write excuses for the team. You could be a pro. Do you ever go by Rufus?

FloridaMan88
08-17-2006, 11:53 PM
Keep in mind the Chiefs have not seen their beds since the last week of July. BOTH teams they have had to play have all been able to sleep in their own beds before both games besides playing on their own home field.

One thing to play on the road. Another to play on the road 4 weeks straight..LITERALY!

This goes along with my belief that the Chiefs are putting themselves at a great disadvantage, compared to virtually every other team in the league by holding training camp so far away from home.

SPchief
08-17-2006, 11:55 PM
This goes along with my belief that the Chiefs are putting themselves at a great disadvantage, compared to virtually every other team in the league by holding training camp so far away from home.

Yeah, thats the reason why we looked terrible, its because we hold training camp in Wisconsion. Are you really that retarded?

Logical
08-17-2006, 11:56 PM
Yeah, thats the reason why we looked terrible, its because we hold training camp in Wisconsion. Are you really that retarded?You have been reading this guys posts and really need to ask?

greg63
08-18-2006, 12:11 AM
I"M FREAKING OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I JUST CAN"T HELP IT!!!!!!!!!

...That is all. :p

Demonpenz
08-18-2006, 12:19 AM
hali looked good!

greg63
08-18-2006, 12:26 AM
hali looked good!

Well, that's all that matters then. :p :D

Nite Planet!

ROYC75
08-18-2006, 01:01 AM
There's something about Vanilla and preseason that always cause's the chinese firedrill alarm to go off with some fans.

Ya want to know what we will look like, wait till the 1st half of the last 2 preseason games . You should get a better answer then. We will start to put the wheels in motion, a little game planning and having certain players ready to play.

Tribal Warfare
08-18-2006, 04:06 AM
No shit, the game sucked so much I fell alsleep during halftime. It was that goddamn depressing

MichaelH
08-18-2006, 04:53 AM
There seems to be an arguement every year about preseason games and their worthlessness. All I know is that every year the Chiefs start out slow and take a few games to get moving. And every year by mid way through the season, it's panic time and must win games for a glimmer of hope to make the playoffs. I am going to wait until the Rams game before I start to worry. I just wish both sides of the ball showed a hint of being a playoff team on national TV last night. They simply played terribly and were not at all prepaired regardless of their travel and sleeping situations. It's the NFL and they get paid huge amounts of money to play regardless of the "terrible" hardships they face.

blueballs
08-18-2006, 05:02 AM
the rental schwins are no
Bentley or Landcruiser

petegz28
08-18-2006, 06:37 AM
Some of you are such sissy ass whiners.

WHA we lost a preseason game....WHAT LJ only ran the ball 4 times and we lost ..WHA ...the other team we played hasn't been away from home for 4 weeks...

I feel sorry for your spouses during the regular season

MahiMike
08-18-2006, 08:18 AM
Get those boys their 'binkies' and 'blankies'!!!

petegz28
08-18-2006, 08:24 AM
Get those boys their 'binkies' and 'blankies'!!!

Glad to see you people keep perspective on things.

I bet your wives have to ut up all the sharp objects every Sunday huh?

stanleychief
08-18-2006, 08:27 AM
Some of you are such sissy ass whiners.

WHA we lost a preseason game....WHAT LJ only ran the ball 4 times and we lost ..WHA ...the other team we played hasn't been away from home for 4 weeks...

I feel sorry for your spouses during the regular season

I don't think it's the fact that we lost. I think it's the fact that we didn't have one good play in the entire game. There were no long runs, no long returns, no bonecrushing tackles, no deep passes, and no points. In short, I think the good people of this bulletin board would have been equally effective (if not more comical) at playing against the Giants. It's one thing to lose, it's another thing to just sleepwalk through the game. Give us some tiny flash of good things to come, and I'll be a happy camper.

I honestly don't know how the coaches will be able to evaluate individual players from a game like this. What do you do when everyone pretty much sucked all night?

petegz28
08-18-2006, 08:29 AM
I don't think it's the fact that we lost. I think it's the fact that we didn't have one good play in the entire game. There were no long runs, no long returns, no bonecrushing tackles, no deep passes, and no points. In short, I think the good people of this bulletin board would have been equally effective (if not more comical) at playing against the Giants. It's one thing to lose, it's another thing to just sleepwalk through the game. Give us some tiny flash of good things to come, and I'll be a happy camper.

I honestly don't know how the coaches will be able to evaluate individual players from a game like this. What do you do when everyone pretty much sucked all night?

LJ 4 carries....Casey Printers played 3 Q's.....again what the hell did you expect? CASEY PRINTERS????? DING_DING man sheesh! I actualyl thought our backup D did ok given how much they were on the field.

jspchief
08-18-2006, 08:37 AM
LJ 4 carries....Casey Printers played 3 Q's.....again what the hell did you expect? CASEY PRINTERS????? DING_DING man sheesh! I actualyl thought our backup D did ok given how much they were on the field.

LJ - 4 carries, 8 yards
Tinki Barber - 5 carries, 22 yards

What did I expect? Some level of success from our starters. I don't care that we lost. I care that we looked clueless and disinterested.

The point is, while Chiefs fans are sitting back saying it doesn't matter, we've faced two teams that haved been coached and have played like it does matter. It would be different if both teams came out sucking, but the Giants came out like they are preparing to tear the NFL an new asshole, while the Chiefs came out like they were auditioning for the lead part in the Weekend at Bernie's play at UWRF.

petegz28
08-18-2006, 08:40 AM
LJ - 4 carries, 8 yards
Tinki Barber - 5 carries, 22 yards

What did I expect? Some level of success from our starters. I don't care that we lost. I care that we looked clueless and disinterested.

The point is, while Chiefs fans are sitting back saying it doesn't matter, we've faced two teams that haved been coached and have played like it does matter. It would be different if both teams came out sucking, but the Giants came out like they are preparing to tear the NFL an new asshole, while the Chiefs came out like they were auditioning for the lead part in the Weekend at Bernie's play at UWRF.

Again you need to lost the tunnelvision guy. I am saying that once people put their emotinons on hold and look at the big picture it is easy to see whyt he Chiefs looked flat against the Giants.

Nevermind they had 2 day sof practice when the Giants had 3. Nevermind the giants were well rested and comfy for a couple nights before and the Chiefs have been sleeping in Dorms for 4 weeks.

Oh yea and this is the 2nd road trip in 5 days. Yeah I know these guys have no reason to be tired at this point do they?

stanleychief
08-18-2006, 08:42 AM

I would expect to see a football game, one in which we would at least look semi-competent. I am fully aware this is preseason and these games don't mean anything, but come on.. they did nothing last night but mail this one in. I'd think at least some of the guys trying to make the team would have stood out, but even they looked asleep at the wheel.

The backup D looked okay, but still nothing stood out really. After most preseason games, I at least walk away with a good feeling about one or two players that will stand out this year. So far I got nothin'. I'm hoping the energy at Arrowhead will give them some inspiration, because right now they are very flat.

sedated
08-18-2006, 08:43 AM

your and idiot

LJ's only getting 4 carries was a good thing, keep him fresh and healthy.

Casey Printers playing 3 quarters doesn't matter.

It's the horrid performance by our OLine and defense that has everyone depressed.

Plus Shields got hurt, so that leaves us with only 1 healthy returning starter from last years OLine - Wiegmann.

It's not the loss that hurts, it's the preview of the terrible season we are about to have.

jspchief
08-18-2006, 08:43 AM
Again you need to lost the tunnelvision guy. I am saying that once people put their emotinons on hold and look at the big picture it is easy to see whyt he Chiefs looked flat against the Giants.

Nevermind they had 2 day sof practice when the Giants had 3. Nevermind the giants were well rested and comfy for a couple nights before and the Chiefs have been sleeping in Dorms for 4 weeks.

Oh yea and this is the 2nd road trip in 5 days. Yeah I know these guys have no reason to be tired at this point do they?Yea, I'm sure that 1 extra day rest is what made the difference for the Giants.

Every excuse you make could apply to our opponent as well, yet they still came out and looked like winners.

InChiefsHeaven
08-18-2006, 08:47 AM
I predict we will do well against the Lambs at home, but we need to be more intense on the road. That's what I was looking for. A team that shows the will to win. Maybe it was vanilla, maybe like Herm said they are resting on their laurels, I don't know. But there was no heart on the field last night from the Chiefs.

Even last pre-season, I was able to take away many positives from our play. Not so much this year. We looked worse last night than last week, but we also played a playoff calliber team last night. It's just a little unsettling.

petegz28
Yea, I'm sure that 1 extra day rest is what made the difference for the Giants.

Every excuse you make could apply to our opponent as well, yet they still came out and looked like winners.

Yes I am sure it did. Sleeping in your bed and sleeping in hotel after sleepign in a dorm for 4 weeks is a big difference.

You can call it excuses but those facts. But go on with your doom and gloom you need it obviously.

Chan93lx50
Preseason or not when I see shit I call it shit!

Otter
08-18-2006, 08:53 AM
I never realized that grown men were effected so broadly by being away from home for a couple weeks. Maybe Carl should issue teddy bears to each bed.

I think jspchief summed it up very well:

I'll also add; the guys fighting for their jobs didn't look all that great either. I didn't see one standout player outside of a couple plays by Mitchell.

Hicks and Bell are absolutly AMAZING at getting to the play exactly 2 seconds after the tackle has been made. It was amazing, I could have set my watch to it.

I can't believe I stayed up till 1:30am to watch that mess. It's not the end of the world but the last two games ARE an indication that this team isn't ready to compete with the big boys on some level.

jspchief
08-18-2006, 08:54 AM
But go on with your doom and gloom you need it obviously.Doom and gloom? I'm just calling a spade a spade, while you make excuses for them.

I made an entire thread breaking down the performance of the starters, and talking about what looks correctable.

If it looks like shit and smells like shit, there's a good chance it's shit. You just keep drinking your kool-aid and making excuses about their beds not being comfy enough. God knows you can't build a championship football team with out fluffy pillows, soft blankies, and warm milk.

petegz28
08-18-2006, 08:55 AM
Preseason or not when I see shit I call it shit!

4 weeks into things...we have played 2 game in 5 days both ont he road against teams who have been able to see their own beds, wives, whatver and ours haven't.

WTF would you not be tired and starting to drag compared to those who have not been doing the same?

If you thinkt hat don't make a difference, especialyl this early in the year you are crazy.

These guys are just getting their legs and they have already gone through a tough run with the quick travel and short practice time

Intangibles

petegz28
08-18-2006, 08:58 AM
Doom and gloom? I'm just calling a spade a spade, while you make excuses for them.

I made an entire thread breaking down the performance of the starters, and talking about what looks correctable.

If it looks like shit and smells like shit, there's a good chance it's shit. You just keep drinking your kool-aid and making excuses about their beds not being comfy enough. God knows you can't build a championship football team with out fluffy pillows, soft blankies, and warm milk.

Drinking Kool-Aid? What are you some kind of Liberal FUG-Tard?

No I am stating it is to be expected tha tone team who has seen been in their own homes and beds will be more energized than a team that has been away for 4 weeks, played 2 road games in 5 days and we are only 4 weeks in.

So go play in your shit if that's what you want. Some of us aren't as emotional as you.

I'll take Kool-Aid over shit anyday.

Mecca
08-18-2006, 09:01 AM

No I am stating it is to be expected tha tone team who has seen been in their own homes and beds will be more energized than a team that has been away for 4 weeks, played 2 road games in 5 days and we are only 4 weeks in.

So go play in your shit if that's what you want. Some of us aren't as emotional as you.

I think Dick Vermeil rubbed off on you quite a bit........so let me get this right, the Chiefs look bad because they aren't at home in their comfy beds being coddled? Uh ok, this is exactly why this team has problems they're a bunch of pussies, and what you said in your belief backs that up.

Otter
08-18-2006, 09:02 AM

So what you're saying is that not being in their own homes is effecting them.

Please, explain further. I'm not sure I understand.

Mecca
08-18-2006, 09:03 AM
So what you're saying is that not being in their own homes is effecting them.

Please, explain further. I'm not sure I understand.

He's saying our players are pussies.......something I think most of us know by now.

Otter
08-18-2006, 09:05 AM
He's saying our players are pussies.......something I think most of us know by now.

They're not sleeping in their own beds!!!! Are you people stupid?!?!?

petegz28
08-18-2006, 09:06 AM
I think Dick Vermeil rubbed off on you quite a bit........so let me get this right, the Chiefs look bad because they aren't at home in their comfy beds being coddled? Uh ok, this is exactly why this team has problems they're a bunch of pussies, and what you said in your belief backs that up.

No I said when you take a team that has been away from home for 4 weeks, play them 2 game son the road in 5 days against 2 teams that have been home that you are going to see a big difference in energy levels. Especialyl 4 weeks into the preseason.

Why is that such a hard concept for people to grasp?

I guarantee your ass's wouldn't be all super energized either.

Mecca
08-18-2006, 09:07 AM
No I said when you take a team that has been away from home for 4 weeks, play them 2 game son the road in 5 days against 2 teams that have been home that you are going to see a big difference in energy levels. Especialyl 4 weeks into the preseason.

Why is that such a hard concept for people to grasp?

I guarantee your ass's wouldn't be all super energized either.

That sounds like the same pussy shit as to why this team couldn't win meaningful road games the entire time Vermiel was here......

petegz28
08-18-2006, 09:08 AM
That sounds like the same pussy shit as to why this team couldn't win meaningful road games the entire time Vermiel was here......

Oh I am sorry when did we sleep in dorms for 4 weeks straight during the regular season last year?

I must of missed that pussy shit :cuss:

Mecca
08-18-2006, 09:11 AM
Oh I am sorry when did we sleep in dorms for 4 weeks straight during the regular season last year?

I must of missed that pussy shit :cuss:

I can't believe you really think sleeping in a dorm has anything to do with how piss poor this team looks. What you are saying is exactly what alot of us think the problem with this damn team is. They have 0 mental toughness they are not a tough team. They are soft......and bunch of pussies as I like to put it and your arguement does nothing but support this being a soft team.

sedated
08-18-2006, 09:17 AM
SHUT UP ABOUT THE F*CKING BEDS!

petegz28
08-18-2006, 09:26 AM
SHUT UP ABOUT THE F*CKING BEDS!

FUG YOU Gayhawk lover!

Wile_E_Coyote
08-18-2006, 09:47 AM
all Chiefs players must have families like those in '50s sitcoms. There are times I come home from a hard days work, that I want to turn around & put in another 8-10 hours.

The wife and kids are just waiting at the door with slippers and a martini if you play in the NFL

jidar
08-18-2006, 10:19 AM
It's too late. I've already jumped off a bridge.

greg63
08-18-2006, 10:34 AM
There's something about Vanilla and preseason that always cause's the chinese firedrill alarm to go off with some fans.

Ya want to know what we will look like, wait till the 1st half of the last 2 preseason games . You should get a better answer then. We will start to put the wheels in motion, a little game planning and having certain players ready to play.

Yup; I'm glad I didn't see this game. I try to temper my frustrations until I see them completely fall apart in a regular season game. However, I think I hear Jets fans laughing in the distance, and getting Herm for a number four draft pick seems to be more and more like a shrewd bargain on their part. …Just my two cents.