PDA

View Full Version : So with Vermeil we did have a bad defense, but....

Frankie
08-18-2006, 08:52 AM
... at least we had a good offense. :banghead:

Our lines absolutely suck on both sides of the ball. Yeah yeah it's preseason, yada yada and we went 0-4 last preseason. But our first unit (at least on the 'O') were competative. This sh!t does not inspire any hope for the real season.

Please tell me we are deliberately playing vanilla on both sides of the ball WHILE THE OTHER TEAMS HAVE PLAYED THEIR REGULAR SEASON PLAYBOOKS!!

Fire Me Boy!
08-18-2006, 08:57 AM
Law said we had a bag of tricks. I personally see Law and Surtain and the rest of our D showing up against the Bengals with plastic pumpkins begging for candy.

Amnorix
08-18-2006, 08:59 AM
PREseason. It's the PREseason.

Pats went 4-0 in preseason and 1-15 or 2-14 in the real season one time. That's all you need to know about PREseason games in terms of W-L.

petegz28
08-18-2006, 09:00 AM
Another "Wea re doomed oh we suck" thread....WOW

The Bad Guy
08-18-2006, 09:01 AM
I don't put much stock in preseason, but Kevin Sampson should be riding the pine.

He is absolutely terrible.

Mecca
08-18-2006, 09:02 AM
I don't put much stock in preseason, but Kevin Sampson should be riding the pine.

Got any better ideas? Basically everyone playing Tackle looks terrible.....

The Bad Guy
08-18-2006, 09:03 AM

I only saw last night so I don't know how he looked against Houston.

Put Black back at RT.

Hammock Parties
08-18-2006, 09:03 AM

Pats went 4-0 in preseason and 1-15 or 2-14 in the real season one time. That's all you need to know about PREseason games in terms of W-L.

Praise jebus for someone that gets it.

Mecca
08-18-2006, 09:04 AM

Put Black back at RT.

He looked like a swinging door when he was at Tackle against Houston........guys ran right around him numerous times.

MOhillbilly
08-18-2006, 09:05 AM

remember when madden was talking about 'nose over toes'? sampson is a classic case.

bad footwork will make you wanna stand up, in your mind you know that to get leverage you gotta stay low.
nose over toes is what happens.

jspchief
08-18-2006, 09:06 AM
Last night, our offensive line was missing 3 of it's 5 starters from last year. That has nothing to do with the loss of Vermeil or the addition of Herm.

MOhillbilly
08-18-2006, 09:07 AM
the loss ot T-rich is a bigger loss than roaf.

turley can be serviceable, cruz hasnt showed anything thus far. Doesnt look confident in his PB.

Fire Me Boy!
08-18-2006, 09:08 AM
Praise jebus for someone that gets it.

But... I don't even believe in Jebus!

http://www.livejournal.com/userpic/19522261/1052797

sedated
08-18-2006, 09:13 AM

why does anyone even bring up records? they don't matter.

playing like absolute garbage, however, does.

oldandslow
08-18-2006, 09:41 AM

Exactly. It's like the Vikes/Raiders game the other night. Even tho the Raiders won, I would have rather been a Viking fan at the end of it. They "played" much better.

Frankie
08-18-2006, 09:43 AM
I normally don't post "We're Doomed" threads. But my recently traumatized ticker deserves a winning Chiefs team. And this one looks totally lost.

Frankie
08-18-2006, 09:45 AM
I wonder if our OC has any direct input in the O-Line. Could it be we went from NFL's best OL coach to one of the worst in one off-season? THAT is my big nightmare.

Frankie
08-18-2006, 09:48 AM

Put Black back at RT.
We looked the same way against Houston. Maybe a bit better!! By all accounts we looked terrible against the Vikes in the scrimmage too.

Frankie
08-18-2006, 09:49 AM

EXACTLY!

Mr. Laz
08-18-2006, 09:55 AM

so why don't you just make another "calm down" thread to offset it.

:banghead:

Frankie
08-18-2006, 12:01 PM
I wonder if our OC has any direct input in the O-Line. Could it be we went from NFL's best OL coach to one of the worst in one off-season? THAT is my big nightmare.
Does this bother anybody else?

htismaqe
08-18-2006, 12:06 PM
Does this bother anybody else?

Why would it?

A guy doesn't wake up one morning having forgot everything he's ever known...

Frankie
08-19-2006, 02:38 PM
Why would it?

A guy doesn't wake up one morning having forgot everything he's ever known...
I see your point. But my question was more geared to long term. Do we still have an O-line coach who can create great linemen out of former TEs or DEs? Solari showed that he could. That's why I wanna know if he is still specially involved with the O-line too or are we to hope that our current O-line couch is half as good as Solari? I obviously want this great O-line tradition to continue for the Chiefs. If so we need to see backups who are capable enough to start if a starter goes down, with minimum drop in the O-line quality. Frankly the quality of our O-line depth scares me. Shields is last year's Roaf. Great player but old and fragile. Who knows if he can do an entire season now.

Adept Havelock
08-19-2006, 02:49 PM
the loss ot T-rich is a bigger loss than roaf.

I want some of what you are smoking. :bong:

The loss of an FB, a great FB, but still an FB, is worse than the loss of an All-Decade, First ballot HOF LT? :shake:

rad
08-19-2006, 03:28 PM

That's what I was going to say. W-L doesn't matter. The effort I saw does matter. They need to shake that funk before the season starts.

On the other hand, maybe they were just tired.