PDA

View Full Version : Attention: If You're a Jets Fan Troll...

Pages : [1] 2

hypersensitiveZO6
08-18-2006, 03:09 PM
...Get back on the bus and head back home unless you're going to contribute some thought.

I have even provided a shortcut:

http://www.jetsinsider.com/

http://www.theganggreen.com/

That is all.

Chiefsplaneteers: Please don't troll their boards. Let's handle this the right way.

htismaqe
08-18-2006, 03:16 PM
If you want to encourage them to go home, fine.

But if you're encourage people from here to troll over there, and I think you might be, DON'T.

We don't like it when they piss in our flowerpot. For us to go over there and act the same would be ridiculously hypocritical.

hypersensitiveZO6
08-18-2006, 03:18 PM

But if you're encourage people from here to troll over there, and I think you might be, DON'T.

We don't like it when they piss in our flowerpot. For us to go over there and act the same would be ridiculously hypocritical.

My intention was to just have then return to their BBs.

luv
08-18-2006, 03:20 PM

I really don't see why anyone would desire to go troll another team's BB anyway. What, are we in high school or something?

StcChief
08-18-2006, 03:21 PM
The trolls, will bring more trolls, will likely come in droves now.......

this will bring the server down quicker..... :D

|Zach|
08-18-2006, 03:25 PM
I really don't see why anyone would desire to go troll another team's BB anyway. What, are we in high school or something?
It is fun sometimes to get a different perspective. I just don't see it automatically as us vs. them. We are all football fans. Not all rival fans are trolls.

hypersensitiveZO6
08-18-2006, 03:26 PM

It's one thing to contribute.

It's another to troll.

Chief fans have a pretty good repuation for being contributers: GoChiefs, 4th and Long, etc.

jidar
08-18-2006, 03:27 PM
Or they could just stay around and razz us. Either way works really, I'm indifferent.

luv
08-18-2006, 03:28 PM
It is fun sometimes to get a different perspective. I just don't see it automatically as us vs. them. We are all football fans. Not all rival fans are trolls.
I understand that. I just don't see the point of going to another fan's BB in order to see how long it takes to get yourself banned. I've seen people come on here and brag about such things, and it just makes little sense to me.

ct
Maybe i don't know some history of the guys who started that thread, but what I read from my fellow Chiefs fans was a pathetic response.

Do NOT assume another team's fan is automatically a troll.

hypersensitiveZO6

If you contribute input (meaningful), you aren't a troll.

Regardless if your a chief fan or not.

|Zach|
08-18-2006, 03:29 PM
Maybe i don't know some history of the guys who started that thread, but what I read from my fellow Chiefs fans was a pathetic response.

I agree.

luv
08-18-2006, 03:32 PM

Yeah, I'm particuarly enjoying the "yo momma" jokes... :rolleyes:

hypersensitiveZO6
08-18-2006, 03:33 PM
Yeah, I'm particuarly enjoying the "yo momma" jokes... :rolleyes:

Redrum wannabees. :p

pr_capone
08-18-2006, 03:43 PM
It's one thing to contribute.

It's another to troll.

Chief fans have a pretty good repuation for being contributers: GoChiefs, 4th and Long, pr_capone, etc.
FYP

:p

nycdan
08-18-2006, 03:58 PM

I'm a lifelong Jets fan and came over to see what the ruckus was all about. I'm not going to comment on Herm or the preseason but I did want to applaud this sentiment.

I root for the Chiefs when they play the Bills, Dolphins or Patriots. Otherwise, I'll watch them on DirecTicket during commercials. I have no 'bone to pick' with any fans here.

If I met any of you in an airport bar, chances are we could have an interesting, enjoyable conversation about football. For some reason, the same two people can escalate a thread in a forum until they hate each other. Sometimes it's just best to ignore a dumb troll or move the post to a garbage dump if it's particularly offensive. Happens on all our boards.

Any way...good luck righting the ship.

-nycdan

htismaqe
08-18-2006, 04:06 PM

The history is that, since Herm's hire, we've had Jets fans here that feel the need to pat us on the head like their autistic brother and tell us how sorry they are that we have to endure Herm.

Many people here are tired of it and them showing up to do it again IMMEDIATELY after that PATHETIC showing by the Chiefs last night was the straw that broke the camel's back.

|Zach|
08-18-2006, 04:09 PM
I'm a lifelong Jets fan and came over to see what the ruckus was all about. I'm not going to comment on Herm or the preseason but I did want to applaud this sentiment.

I root for the Chiefs when they play the Bills, Dolphins or Patriots. Otherwise, I'll watch them on DirecTicket during commercials. I have no 'bone to pick' with any fans here.

If I met any of you in an airport bar, chances are we could have an interesting, enjoyable conversation about football. For some reason, the same two people can escalate a thread in a forum until they hate each other. Sometimes it's just best to ignore a dumb troll or move the post to a garbage dump if it's particularly offensive. Happens on all our boards.

-nycdan
Thanks for the input...

I echo a lot of the sentiments in your post. I think there is an issue of timing here...I think this post made from that thread relay what the situation is...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3368745&postcount=330

Hope to see you around the board.

Rain Man
08-18-2006, 04:22 PM
Jets fans are visiting here to harass us about Herm? Aren't the Jets the team that hired Brian Schottenheimer as their offensive coordinator? Seriously, that's messed up. His dad hired him away from Chik-Fil-A, and now he's an offensive coordinator?

Bwana
08-18-2006, 04:36 PM
Jets fans.....BA-HAHAHAHA

Rain Man
08-18-2006, 04:40 PM
No kidding. When was the last time they won a Super Bowl? 1969? That's embarrassing.

|Zach|
08-18-2006, 04:41 PM
No kidding. When was the last time they won a Super Bowl? 1969? That's embarrassing.
ROFL

Rain Man
08-18-2006, 04:44 PM
ROFL

I don't get to pull that weapon out of my arsenal very often. It's a rusty blunderbuss.

|Zach|
08-18-2006, 04:48 PM
I don't get to pull that weapon out of my arsenal very often. It's a rusty blunderbuss.
IT BELONGS IN A MUSEUM!

http://www.fantasymagazine.it/imgbank/NEWS/indiana_jones.nb.jpg

Hammock Parties
08-18-2006, 04:50 PM
SO DO YOU!

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/1496/indyin2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

nycdan
08-18-2006, 04:58 PM

See...now THAT'S funny! I had to think for a second while my 'troll-meter' twitched, but it got a laugh out of me. Thanks.

Spott
08-18-2006, 04:58 PM
It's kind of ironic how everyone got all ticked off at Jets fans telling us the same thing that we have been telling Charger fans about Marty.

|Zach|
08-18-2006, 04:59 PM
It's kind of ironic how everyone got all ticked off at Jets fans telling us the same thing that we have been telling Charger fans about Marty.
You mean we talked about it amongst ourselves on our own board?

Frazod
08-18-2006, 05:06 PM
Thank God for the Jets and the Vikings. If not for them, I'd have to shoot myself. :bang:

Raiderhater
08-18-2006, 05:08 PM

Bullsh!t. That ain't how we roll 'round here, see? It's guilty until proven innocent, biatches.

Rain Man
08-18-2006, 05:09 PM
See...now THAT'S funny! I had to think for a second while my 'troll-meter' twitched, but it got a laugh out of me. Thanks.

No. Thank YOU.

hypersensitiveZO6
08-18-2006, 05:21 PM

-nycdan

We could use you.

You may be able to communicate with them......

hypersensitiveZO6
08-18-2006, 05:26 PM
Bullsh!t. That ain't how we roll 'round here, see? It's guilty until proven innocent, biatches.

hehe

JohnnyJet
08-18-2006, 05:34 PM
Hey guys Im not a troll I actually like the Chiefs and their personnel. I hope Herm doesnt mess up your team like he did ours. I think the makority of Jet fans are just letting you guys know that we feel screwed by this guy. Hes a liar and a bad coach on sundays thats all. I for one wish you all the luck in the upcoming season and I hope we play you in the AFC championship game. Dont see that happenin this year as we are re-tooling and you have Herm but ya never know. Not tryin to Flame just post our opinion. You will see in time as a leopard doesnt change his spots.

Hammock Parties
08-18-2006, 05:37 PM
Actually, Johnny, there are several examples of head coaches who were mediocre during their first head coaching jobs only to move on and have great success. You're basically saying Herm can't learn from his mistakes. The guy was an undrafted free agent who became an extremely successful cornerback. He worked his way up from scout, to assistant head coach, to head coach. He couldn't be in the position he is in today if he didn't learn from his mistakes.

Furthermore, the guy had 2 more playoff wins than our last head coach had during his tenure here. He's definitely an upgrade.

grandllama
08-18-2006, 05:39 PM
You mean we talked about it amongst ourselves on our own board?

even you know better than that.

|Zach|
08-18-2006, 05:41 PM
even you know better than that.
I don't remember people going to SD boards...maybe it happened...

No way it happened as much as it did here.

rad
08-18-2006, 05:43 PM
I went over there to see what they were all saying about this. They thought it was all pretty funny judging by some of the posts so I threw in a few posts over there trying to convey how these first two came off. They wouldn't hear it. I tried to keep it civil though.

JohnnyJet
08-18-2006, 05:43 PM
Thats just it ,he NEVER learned from his mistakes with us. It was always someone elses fault, the DC, The OC never herm. Shoot we even had dick Curl on board to tell herm when to call a time out and they couldnt even get that right. I hope it works out for you but i personally dont think it will. Hes not the worst but he middle of the road.

ct
08-18-2006, 06:06 PM
The history is that, since Herm's hire, we've had Jets fans here that feel the need to pat us on the head like their autistic brother and tell us how sorry they are that we have to endure Herm.

Many people here are tired of it and them showing up to do it again IMMEDIATELY after that PATHETIC showing by the Chiefs last night was the straw that broke the camel's back.

I'm aware of all that, but trolls are a case by case basis.

luv
08-18-2006, 06:15 PM
Something just isn't right here. We are communicating. Where are all of the "yo momma" jokes? :p

Just kidding. Threads like this are more interesting to read than the smack talk threads.

teedubya
08-18-2006, 06:27 PM
Actually, Johnny, there are several examples of head coaches who were mediocre during their first head coaching jobs only to move on and have great success. You're basically saying Herm can't learn from his mistakes. The guy was an undrafted free agent who became an extremely successful cornerback. He worked his way up from scout, to assistant head coach, to head coach. He couldn't be in the position he is in today if he didn't learn from his mistakes.

Furthermore, the guy had 2 more playoff wins than our last head coach had during his tenure here. He's definitely an upgrade.

Sayeth the General and Herm Warfare Organizer in Chief.

Hammock Parties
08-18-2006, 06:29 PM
I've recanted.

bogie
08-18-2006, 06:34 PM

The voice of reason.

nycdan
08-18-2006, 07:09 PM

He may very well be an upgrade (although we'll have to destroy the tapes of game 1 last year just to be safe). He definitely may help the defense if you have the right match of personnel and system. His experiment with bringing Cottrell in from BUF as DC his first year didn't pan out for precisely that reason.

What I will say is that there will very possibly be several occasions this year when you will want to gouge your eyes out of your head with a spoon rather than watch the clock run down in a critical end-of-half/end-of-game situation and Herm staring at the clock like it was 4,000 light years away and sporting Chinese characters, then looking wildly around for a burning bush to indicate he should call a time-out.

Now, you may consider this trolling, but I'm just trying to describe a feeling all Jets fans know well from the past few years. Herm had some definite strengths as a head coach, but clock management was clearly his kryptonite. Tuck this post away and hope you never find yourself searching for it to link it to a post after a game this year.

-nycdan

burt
08-18-2006, 07:13 PM
He may very well be an upgrade (although we'll have to destroy the tapes of game 1 last year just to be safe). He definitely may help the defense if you have the right match of personnel and system. His experiment with bringing Cottrell in from BUF as DC his first year didn't pan out for precisely that reason.

What I will say is that there will very possibly be several occasions this year when you will want to gouge your eyes out of your head with a spoon rather than watch the clock run down in a critical end-of-half/end-of-game situation and Herm staring at the clock like it was 4,000 light years away and sporting Chinese characters, then looking wildly around for a burning bush to indicate he should call a time-out.

Now, you may consider this trolling, but I'm just trying to describe a feeling all Jets fans know well from the past few years. Herm had some definite strengths as a head coach, but clock management was clearly his kryptonite. Tuck this post away and hope you never find yourself searching for it to link it to a post after a game this year.

-nycdan

Even if I disagree with you, I enjoy your presentation....welcome.

Bwana
08-18-2006, 07:18 PM
Even if I disagree with you, I enjoy your presentation....welcome.

I agree, that's some quality work. ROFL

blueballs
08-18-2006, 07:20 PM
Chief fans were wounded with last night' play
the first few JETS fans brought what
amounted to salt to rub in

nycdan
08-18-2006, 07:27 PM
Thanks.

I just found out I'm actually going to be in KC on opening day. Seriously I'll be there from Sunday-Tuesday. Now I'm *really* glad I didn't piss off the entire city. Wish I were free to take in the game. Never been to Arrowhead (is it still Arrowhead?).

-nycdan

P.S. Endelt...fifty thousand + posts and that's the best you've got?

Lzen
08-18-2006, 07:42 PM
Very well spoken. :clap:

Lzen
08-18-2006, 07:44 PM
nycdan,
What you've conveyed is better than starting a thread with the title "Herm Will Ruin the Chiefs". That is the difference between conveying varying opinions and just plain trolling.

BTW,
Welcome to Chiefs Planet.

burt
08-18-2006, 08:24 PM
No.

yes

tk13
08-18-2006, 08:49 PM
Come on ENDelt, bust out some of that nasty time zone smack.

jspchief
08-18-2006, 09:10 PM
Is this where I start calling people crackwhores and cumdumpsters?

Chief Faithful
08-18-2006, 09:17 PM
Aren't the Jets the team that hired Brian Schottenheimer as their offensive coordinator?

They did it to erase the memory of Paul "Can't" Hackett. ROFL

Their bitterness is so strong it is fun to pick at them and they don't even realize what we are doing because they are so blinded by their hate for Herm. I hope they keep trying to pick on us.

Skip Towne
08-18-2006, 09:18 PM
Thanks.

I just found out I'm actually going to be in KC on opening day. Seriously I'll be there from Sunday-Tuesday. Now I'm *really* glad I didn't piss off the entire city. Wish I were free to take in the game. Never been to Arrowhead (is it still Arrowhead?).

-nycdan

P.S. Endelt...fifty thousand + posts and that's the best you've got?
I'm pissed off at you. And what do you mean "Is it still Arrowhead". Are you insinuating we are a bunch of cheap whores who would sell out to the highest bidder? Well, are you punk?

Hammock Parties
08-18-2006, 09:21 PM
HERM hired Jimmy Raye and Paul Hackett.

HOWEVER...he appears to have learned from that mistake.

Chief Faithful
08-18-2006, 09:22 PM
Thats just it ,he NEVER learned from his mistakes with us. It was always someone elses fault, the DC, The OC never herm. Shoot we even had dick Curl on board to tell herm when to call a time out and they couldnt even get that right. I hope it works out for you but i personally dont think it will. Hes not the worst but he middle of the road.

Paul Hacket was the OC and your coming over here to tell us it was Herm? ROFL

Hey, do you guys want to know about your latest OC? Just a note things are not going to get better this year in Jets land. :)

Chief Faithful
08-18-2006, 09:26 PM
HERM hired Jimmy Raye and Paul Hackett.

HOWEVER...he appears to have learned from that mistake.

Brian Schottenhiemer makes it a hat trick! So when will Marty's brother find his way to NJ?

Chief Faithful
08-18-2006, 09:30 PM

It turned out to be more like salve than salt.

jetsfan115
08-18-2006, 09:40 PM
hi new to the boards. i'm not a troll. i'm just curios to hwo you feel about herm

jspchief
08-18-2006, 09:44 PM
hi new to the boards. i'm not a troll. i'm just curios to hwo you feel about hermDerrick Blaylock sucks

hypersensitiveZO6
08-18-2006, 09:47 PM
Derrick Blaylock sucks

ROFL

...starting RB as of now.

Vilmatime51
08-18-2006, 09:54 PM
Derrick Blaylock sucks
nice well thought out post..you guys can't even have a football knowledge argument without replying "your a troll", "dumb jets fans", "new yorkers are dumb", so i have a one liner for you thats the truth...

HERM IS THE DEVIL AND WILL DESTROY YOUR TEAM!

http://img311.imageshack.us/img311/8886/hermhornsad6.jpg

jspchief
08-18-2006, 09:59 PM
hi new to the boards. i'm not a troll. i'm just curios to hwo you feel about hermOK, honest answer...

Most Chiefs fans are fully aware of Herm's shortcomings from his days coaching the Jets. We're hoping he learns from past experiences.

The thing you have to realize is that he was an ideal fit for what this team needed.
1. We weren't some gutter-dwelling team that had fired it's head coach in hopes of starting from scratch. We had a team that was on the brink of the play-offs, that lost a coach to retirement. We needed a guy that could come in and work with the existing talent. You guys knock Herm for getting the job done with Parcells' players, but that's basically exactly what we're asking of him... get it done with Vermeil's players (to a point).2. We needed a defensive minded guy. Say what you will about Herm as a head coach, but he's been around a lot of good defenses as a coach of varying degree. We have a veteran offense that should run like a well-oiled machine (at least before the retiremnts on the O-line), but we need someone to get production on the other side of the ball. Herm has also had some success with getting production out of young players, and our D is made up mostly of youth.
It's not necessarily that Herm Edwards was the best coaching candidate out there. It's just that he was a good fit to try and eek out that little bit more that this team needs to get into the play-offs.

hypersensitiveZO6
08-18-2006, 10:06 PM
nice well thought out post..you guys can't even have a football knowledge argument without replying "your a troll", "dumb jets fans", "new yorkers are dumb", so i have a one liner for you thats the truth...

HERM IS THE DEVIL AND WILL DESTROY YOUR TEAM!

I'm not sure what reaction you want.

Derrick Blaylock does suck....that's why you brought in Suggs.

hypersensitiveZO6
08-18-2006, 10:09 PM
Willie Roaf

rad
08-18-2006, 10:16 PM
Blaylock isn't that bad. Besides, don't they have a younger guy, Cedric Houston?

jetsfan115
08-18-2006, 10:50 PM
OK, honest answer...

Most Chiefs fans are fully aware of Herm's shortcomings from his days coaching the Jets. We're hoping he learns from past experiences.

The thing you have to realize is that he was an ideal fit for what this team needed.
1. We weren't some gutter-dwelling team that had fired it's head coach in hopes of starting from scratch. We had a team that was on the brink of the play-offs, that lost a coach to retirement. We needed a guy that could come in and work with the existing talent. You guys knock Herm for getting the job done with Parcells' players, but that's basically exactly what we're asking of him... get it done with Vermeil's players (to a point).2. We needed a defensive minded guy. Say what you will about Herm as a head coach, but he's been around a lot of good defenses as a coach of varying degree. We have a veteran offense that should run like a well-oiled machine (at least before the retiremnts on the O-line), but we need someone to get production on the other side of the ball. Herm has also had some success with getting production out of young players, and our D is made up mostly of youth.
It's not necessarily that Herm Edwards was the best coaching candidate out there. It's just that he was a good fit to try and eek out that little bit more that this team needs to get into the play-offs.

the problem with herm was he wasn't getting it done with parcells players. he blamed cottrell for the defense and fired him, then blamed hackett for the offense and fired him then when he ran out of people to blame he weaseled his way out.

also herm said he'd be happy if he left the jets better of then when he got here that was his goal. he took over a playoff team and left them 4-12. thats a bad coach. he wrecked this team pretty badly and never gave younuger guys a chance to win a starting job.

i'm not saying herm was the worst coahc available. (tice owns that crown) but he isn't that good. i guarentee in 4 years your team sucks. no offense cause right now u have a team that has a great chance to make the playoffs, but so did we 1st year of herm. we wound up with a 4-12 team thugh.

also he let chad play with a torn rotattor cuff and take all the blame and scrutiny to save his own job. that made me lose respect for him alot.

jspchief
08-18-2006, 10:55 PM
i guarentee in 4 years your team sucks. Thanks.

I wonder why Jets fans get run out of here.

rad
08-18-2006, 10:58 PM
The Jets were a F'ed up team when Herm took over. Nobody wanted that job. Where's Al Groh right now? College. It was Herms FIRST HC JOB.
I'm sure he's learned from his mistakes. How did Belichick do in Cleveland his first go around?(just as an example)

Nightwish
08-18-2006, 11:02 PM
...Get back on the bus and head back home unless you're going to contribute some thought.

That is all.

Chiefsplaneteers: Please don't troll their boards. Let's handle this the right way.
You do realize this never works, right?

jspchief
08-18-2006, 11:05 PM
The Jets were a F'ed up team when Herm took over. Nobody wanted that job. Where's Al Groh right now? College. It was Herms FIRST HC JOB.
I'm sure he's learned from his mistakes. How did Belichick do in Cleveland his first go around?(just as an example)Parcells and Belichick both recognized what a terrible organization it was and bailed out.

Will Herm be better here than in NY? Hard to say. But the fact is, he's taking over a team that is on the brink of collapse anyway. He came to one of the oldest teams in the NFL. The offense is likely to have a mass exodus in the next few years, so unless he can fill those holes whil fixing the D, this team probably won't amount to much anyway.

My biggest beef is with these "I guarantee he'll ruin your team" comments. These idiots have no way to actually support such predictions. Jets fans need to realize that their organization is just plain f*cked up. Jesus Christ couldn't fix that mess.

Hammock Parties
08-18-2006, 11:07 PM
Jesus Christ couldn't fix that mess.

Are you trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?

jetsfan115
08-18-2006, 11:10 PM
Thanks.

I wonder why Jets fans get run out of here.

i like how you take one line out of a 2 paragraph post and reply to that one line. fact is its true. herm will ruin anyteam he goes too. he's gonna try a play ball control, run johnson 40 times a game (which will lead to him getting hurt) and you'll lose every close game. you have alot of talent now that will help make the payoffs but herm will never find a suitable replacement for talent lost. he signs vets that are done. great example is roaf retires and he signs turley? a guy who couldn't keep a job at the o-line so he started to try d-line, fialed, tried TE, failed, and retired and herm signs him to replace roaf? then brings in ty law again? after he knows ty law isn't the corner he once was?

the shutout the gianst handed you was one a prefix to the bumpy ride your in for

rad
08-18-2006, 11:14 PM
No. Turley was signed. THEN Roaf retired. He was signed to backup Willie or play RT. Get your facts straight, man.

SLAG
08-18-2006, 11:16 PM
Damn..

only two games into PRE-SEASON and Jets fans still cant let go of Herm they have to come here to wish he was his coach

This cat is pathetic

i like how you take one line out of a 2 paragraph post and reply to that one line. fact is its true. herm will ruin anyteam he goes too. he's gonna try a play ball control, run johnson 40 times a game (which will lead to him getting hurt) and you'll lose every close game. you have alot of talent now that will help make the payoffs but herm will never find a suitable replacement for talent lost. he signs vets that are done. great example is roaf retires and he signs turley? a guy who couldn't keep a job at the o-line so he started to try d-line, fialed, tried TE, failed, and retired and herm signs him to replace roaf? then brings in ty law again? after he knows ty law isn't the corner he once was?

the shutout the gianst handed you was one a prefix to the bumpy ride your in for

jspchief
08-18-2006, 11:16 PM

the shutout the gianst handed you was one a prefix to the bumpy ride your in forI took that one line out because it was the one I wanted to respond to. The reality is, making a claim like that is completely absurd. You don't have the slightest clue what level of success he'll have here.

You also don't have a clue about the timeline of the Turley signing, since we brought him in a month before Roaf announced his retirement.

I blame Herm Edwards for your inability to use a shift key, spell, or use punctuation. Please sue your school district.

Hammock Parties
08-18-2006, 11:17 PM
LOL @ 40 times a game. Some of these guys are ****ing morons.

rad
08-18-2006, 11:18 PM

Like we don't have any other RB's. Morons.

jetsfan115
08-18-2006, 11:22 PM
Damn..

only two games into PRE-SEASON and Jets fans still cant let go of Herm they have to come here to wish he was his coach

This cat is pathetic

i'm telling u form 5 years of herm experiance. i was once hopefull and suportive of herm but now i'm smarter then that to fall for his banter. herm isn't a good coach, and isn't a good x's and o's guy. he's a good motivator.

and no i don't wish herm was my coach.

blueballs
08-18-2006, 11:25 PM
Herm must have wiped his dick
on the curtains before he zipped
up and left

SLAG
08-18-2006, 11:27 PM
i'm telling u form 5 years of herm experiance. i was once hopefull and suportive of herm but now i'm smarter then that to fall for his banter. herm isn't a good coach, and isn't a good x's and o's guy. he's a good motivator.

and no i don't wish herm was my coach.

So why are you here..

we heard all this shit when he got hired

you point has been duely noted

you can leave now

jetsfan115
08-18-2006, 11:28 PM

herm had jordan as a back-up (who is a starter now and a 1200 yard back in oakland, and is better then any back up you have, since priest is hurt) and instead had martin carry the ball 35+ a game and jordan would get only garbage time carries or maybe 1 real carry a agme. i think i would know more about herm since he was my coach for 80 games and yours not even for one yet.

and sorry about the turley thing but the fact he even wanted him as a back-up is sad.

jetsfan115
08-18-2006, 11:29 PM
So why are you here..

we heard all this shit when he got hired

you point has been duely noted

you can leave now

why are you guys being so hostel? i though you were supposed to be classy fans. i wanted to know how you feel about herm and no one's given a straigh answer.

Hammock Parties
08-18-2006, 11:30 PM
You're a moron. Curtis Martin never averaged more than 23 carries a game.

Hammock Parties
08-18-2006, 11:30 PM
You just called Lamont Jordan better than Larry Johnson? ROFL

rad
08-18-2006, 11:33 PM
why are you guys being so hostel? i though you were supposed to be classy fans. i wanted to know how you feel about herm and no one's given a straigh answer.
Here's one

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3369394&postcount=77

Satisfied?

jspchief
08-18-2006, 11:35 PM
herm had jordan as a back-up (who is a starter now and a 1200 yard back in oakland, and is better then any back up you have, since priest is hurt) and instead had martin carry the ball 35+ a game and jordan would get only garbage time carries or maybe 1 real carry a agme. i think i would know more about herm since he was my coach for 80 games and yours not even for one yet.

and sorry about the turley thing but the fact he even wanted him as a back-up is sad.Sounds to me like you don't know very much about your own team.

Curtis Martin only had 30+ carries 3 times in 5 years under Herm Edwards, with 32 being the most carries in a game under Herm.

Once you figure out your own team, then you can come back and make more stupid comments about the Chiefs.

jetsfan115
08-18-2006, 11:39 PM
You're a moron. Curtis Martin never averaged more than 23 carries a game.

curtis martin led the NFL in attempts in 2004, and for the period of 2001-2004 he has the most carries. he also has the most 30+ and 35+ carry games in the last 5 years.

sorry those numbers are career. parcells also ran the hell out of him before that but herm added on. and anytime a back gets 30 carries its too much.

Hammock Parties
08-18-2006, 11:41 PM
curtis martin led the NFL in attempts in 2004, and for the period of 2001-2004 he has the most carries. he also has the most 30+ and 35+ carry games in the last 5 years.

AGAIN....Curtis Martin's HEAVIEST LOAD under Herm Edwards was 23 carries a game.

Larry Johnson isn't going to carry the ball 30 times a game this year.

jspchief
08-18-2006, 11:41 PM
he also has the most 30+ and 35+ carry games in the last 5 years.Wrong and wrong.

He only has 3 30+ carry games in the last five years, and zero 35+ carry games.

But don't let the facts get in the way of you making stupid comments.

rad
08-18-2006, 11:42 PM
Man, I'm gettin' sick of warding off these Jets trolls.

We need a Chiefs win to scare them off. The losing aura has them swarming like flies to a honeyjar. Losing's like an attractant to them, that's all they know.

jspchief
08-18-2006, 11:47 PM
curtis martin led the NFL in attempts in 2004, and for the period of 2001-2004 he has the most carries. Yea, he had a whopping 5 more carries than Shaun Alexander in that time span.

jetsfan115
08-18-2006, 11:47 PM
Wrong and wrong.

He only has 3 30+ carry games in the last five years, and zero 35+ carry games.

But don't let the facts get in the way of you making stupid comments.

funny your guy above you said his biggets load was 23 and you say its 30+ but i can't get my facts straight lol.

maybe 40 was an exaggeration but guarentted he gets 25 a game average. which is 400 carries. in 05 he had close to that many.

and those numbers are hard sometimes cause if the jest are behind their gonna throw more. herm is also the idiot who said any drive that ends in a kick or punt is successful. also remember he let martin play with injuires like 2 badly sprinked ankle (he needed a bigger shoe size to fit them in) and a torn muscle off his tale bone the whole year

jetsfan115
08-18-2006, 11:48 PM
Yea, he had a whopping 5 more carries than Shaun Alexander in that time span.

and alexander was overran which is why no team traded for him with a 2nd rounder. he will break down soon like martin did. i doubt you wnat your stud RB worn down in the playoffs and broke down by 28 do you?

Pasta Little Brioni
08-18-2006, 11:51 PM
most running backs break down when the become martin's age. if you have a stud back you ride them...look at shaun, LT, and edge they all get the touches martin got.

Hammock Parties
08-18-2006, 11:51 PM
Larry will NOT average 30 carries per game. No Herm Edwards running back has EVER averaged 30 carries per game.

jspchief
08-18-2006, 11:53 PM
funny your guy above you said his biggets load was 23 and you say its 30+ but i can't get my facts straight lol.

maybe 40 was an exaggeration but guarentted he gets 25 a game average. which is 400 carries. in 05 he had close to that many.

and those numbers are hard sometimes cause if the jest are behind their gonna throw more. herm is also the idiot who said any drive that ends in a kick or punt is successful. also remember he let martin play with injuires like 2 badly sprinked ankle (he needed a bigger shoe size to fit them in) and a torn muscle off his tale bone the whole yearHe averaged 23 carries per game under Herm.

He never exceeded 32 carries, and only had 30 or more carries 3 times.

If you can't get simple facts about your team correct, why should we believe you have the slightest clue when talking about Herm Edwards?

I don't think you know much of anything about Herm Edwards or the Jets in general. I think you are just buttsore over losing your coach, and can't move on.

Hammock Parties
08-18-2006, 11:53 PM

He was talking about INDIVIDUAL GAMES.

I was talking about SEASON AVERAGE.

Since you're obviously CLUELESS, here's the breakdown for you:

Curtis Martins heaviest workload under Herm Edwards was 23 carries per game on average.

He had 3 individual games of 30+ carries under Edwards.

Do you now understand?

Nightwish
08-19-2006, 12:07 AM
also remember he let martin play with injuires like 2 badly sprinked ankle (he needed a bigger shoe size to fit them in) and a torn muscle off his tale bone the whole year
I'm not sure what a "sprinked" ankle is, but if it's anything like a "sprained" ankle, are you saying that Curtis wasn't smart enough to take himself out, under those circumstances?

greeniemeanie
08-19-2006, 12:19 AM
all this anomosity towards Jets fans? What about the damned Oakland fans and Denver Fans?

Nightwish
08-19-2006, 12:29 AM
great example is roaf retires and he signs turley? a guy who couldn't keep a job at the o-line so he started to try d-line, fialed,
Yep, he "failed" by starting in 95 of 96 games, and being voted to almost every speculative all-star lineup there is (except the Pro Bowl itself). What a failure!

tried TE, failed,
He never played TE. When the Chiefs signed him, he openly speculated that they might want to groom him at Tight End, to compliment Tony Gonzalez, as they didn't know at the time that Roaf was going to retire. But he's never played or attempted the position, at least not in the NFL.

and retired and herm signs him to replace roaf?
He didn't retire. He was cut after sitting out two seasons with a back injury.

after he knows ty law isn't the corner he once was?
You do know Ty Law was a Pro Bowler last year, right? He is older and maybe a step or two slower than he used to be, but he's still a top tier performer and can still outplay 9 out of 10 younger players on the field.

If you think a preseason game is indicative of where the team is going to be once the regular season gets underway, you're dumber than you sound. There was this one team that went 0-5 in the preseason last year. What was their name? Oh yeah, the Colts. Remember what their record was at the end of the season? 14-2.

Nightwish
08-19-2006, 12:32 AM
all this anomosity towards Jets fans? What about the damned Oakland fans and Denver Fans?
Mostly the animosity has been coming from the Jets fans, who, chagrined over losing the coach that took them to three playoff berths, have decided to troll our boards.

cyborgtable
08-19-2006, 06:55 AM
I'm new to this board and have been a jets fan for quite some time, I do not intend to "troll" these boards because there is no point in doing so unless you are a prepubescent teen with no other way of feeling good. I came here because I have begun to like the chiefs as of late and wish to talk intelligle football with their fans.

On the topic of Herm Edwards my hate of him blinds me some of the time; however, what you need right now is what he is, a motivator that if given talent can make it work.

P.S. I suck at spelling

burt
08-19-2006, 08:53 AM
I'm new to this board and have been a jets fan for quite some time, I do not intend to "troll" these boards because there is no point in doing so unless you are a prepubescent teen with no other way of feeling good. I came here because I have begun to like the chiefs as of late and wish to talk intelligle football with their fans.

On the topic of Herm Edwards my hate of him blinds me some of the time; however, what you need right now is what he is, a motivator that if given talent can make it work.

P.S. I suck at spelling

Welcome, please forgive us if we associated you with the New York trolls that came here in the last 24 hours to solely bash Herm. I am sure you can see how we, unfortunately, assumed you were going to be one of "those".

Ugly Duck
08-19-2006, 09:08 AM
Jets fans.....BA-HAHAHAHAHey now.... we RaiderFanz dig JetsFanz - that is one hella rowdy buch! JetsFanz at the draft has become an NFL event. ChiefsFanz at Oakland are generally very quiet, JetsFanz at Oakland are raucous & cocky - we respect that. You should be honored to have them visit your site....

luv
08-19-2006, 09:12 AM

P.S. I suck at spelling
Half of this board can't spell. The other half corrects them. If one of the correctors makes a typo, then it's open season.

Just remember the differences in:
your, you're
there, their, they're
to, too, two

You'll be okay. Just watch out the 4th and Long. ROFL

banyon
08-19-2006, 09:35 AM
Hey now.... we RaiderFanz dig JetsFanz - that is one hella rowdy buch! JetsFanz at the draft has become an NFL event. ChiefsFanz at Oakland are generally very quiet, JetsFanz at Oakland are raucous & cocky - we respect that. You should be honored to have them visit your site....

Yep. I can see how criminals and goons would have an easier time relating to one another.

Dartgod
08-19-2006, 09:44 AM
he [Herm] took over a playoff team and left them 4-12
Someone else said he took over a great team and now this. :shake:

It is amazing that you idiots come here claiming to know so much about our team, yet you know nothing about the recent history of your own.

Pre-Herm:
1999: 8-8, fourth place in the AFC East
2000: 9-7, third place in the AFC East

Now I maybe a little off base here, but I'm pretty sure finishing 3rd or 4th in your division with a record like that will not make you a playoff team.

Florida_Bronco
08-19-2006, 09:46 AM
Chief fans have a pretty good repuation for being contributers: GoChiefs, 4th and Long, etc.

You must be talking about a different GoChiefs, because he brings nothing positive to the Mane. The lone exceptions to this are his brown nosing threads that pop up usually after he gets a beatdown of epic proportions.

Crazyhorse, Red Rage and Naptown, on the other hand, actually bring some meaningful conversation to the forums.

|Zach|
08-19-2006, 09:55 AM
You must be talking about a different GoChiefs, because he brings nothing positive to the Mane. The lone exceptions to this are his brown nosing threads that pop up usually after he gets a beatdownof epic proportions.

Crazyhorse, Red Rage and Naptown, on the other hand, actually bring some meaningful conversation to the forums.
Compared to what you have brought to Chiefs Planet...

Florida_Bronco
08-19-2006, 10:00 AM
Compared to what you have brought to Chiefs Planet...

OrangeMane is my home, that's where I spend my time. Other than my thread started to get under Bobo's skin (which by the way, I received more POSITIVE rep for than I did NEGATIVE rep) I haven't done any trolling.

jspchief
08-19-2006, 10:12 AM
all this anomosity towards Jets fans? What about the damned Oakland fans and Denver Fans?When a Bronco fan or Raiders fan comes in telling us we're going to suck for the next 4 years., they get the same treatment as a Jets fan that does it.

What's beyong me is that there are this many Jets fans that are so stupid as to think we want or care about your predictions for Herm Edwards as the Chiefs coach. Whether you're right or wrong is irrelevant, we don't want to hear it from you guys.

jspchief
08-19-2006, 10:13 AM
OrangeMane is my home, that's where I spend my time. Other than my thread started to get under Bobo's skin (which by the way, I received more POSITIVE rep for than I did NEGATIVE rep) I haven't done any trolling.Good, go back home.

By the way, the fact that gochiefs has gotten to you so much that you need to follow him to other BBs tells me that he's owning you.

Florida_Bronco
08-19-2006, 10:25 AM
Good, go back home.

By the way, the fact that gochiefs has gotten to you so much that you need to follow him to other BBs tells me that he's owning you.

Not at all. I actually don't mind Bob, he's a pretty decent guy.

The thread I started was actually meant as payback for him posting a OM members pics here without permission in an attempt to get a laugh and a pat on the back for himself. Several of us OManers were not too happy about that and we came here and posted the one thing we knew would drive him up the wall. It worked pretty well, as you saw the mini-meltdown he had.

jspchief
08-19-2006, 10:28 AM
Getting gochiefs to melt down is about as tough as getting a 13 year old a boner at a whore house. Not exactly anything to pat your back over.

So far your posts here have been more crap than constructive. If you're looking to be become the Bronco version of gochiefs, you're on the right path.

Florida_Bronco
08-19-2006, 10:39 AM
Getting gochiefs to melt down is about as tough as getting a 13 year old a boner at a whore house. Not exactly anything to pat your back over.

Over at the Mane he usually laughs along at the jokes we make at him (the "23 Year Old Virgin" movie poster that someone photoshopped his head onto is a great example of this) so I don't see too many meltdowns over there.

So far your posts here have been more crap than constructive. If you're looking to be become the Bronco version of gochiefs, you're on the right path.

Excluding the thread about GoChiefs, care to provide some examples? Before you go make a fool out of yourself, I'll have you know I've made several posts in your preseason game threads that were more pro-chiefs than some of the takes your fans were making as they proceeded to go into meltdown mode.

08-19-2006, 10:53 AM
Parcells and Belichick both recognized what a terrible organization it was and bailed out.

thats not true..it was having an unstable ownership situation in 1999 that caused all the problems..

let me introduce myself..I am also A Jet fan..I am not here to start any crap..I come in piece...

hypersensitiveZO6
08-19-2006, 11:17 AM
You do realize this never works, right?

obviously.

It was worth an effort.

Iowanian
08-19-2006, 11:19 AM
why do these Jetards not fathom that CHIEF FANS KNOW ABOUT MARTYBALL and losing close games?

We're not football illiterate in the midwest, even though we don't scream like Chunk on the goonies every year on ESPN draft day.

GgggHRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr gnot gDat mguy!

hypersensitiveZO6
08-19-2006, 11:20 AM
You must be talking about a different GoChiefs, because he brings nothing positive to the Mane. The lone exceptions to this are his brown nosing threads that pop up usually after he gets a beatdown of epic proportions.

Seriously man.

GoChiefs probably contributes more on the Mane than you do.

I'm sure of it.

Florida_Bronco
08-19-2006, 11:24 AM
Seriously man.

GoChiefs probably contributes more on the Mane than you do.

I'm sure of it.

And how do you draw that conclusion? Have you actually been over on the Mane and compared our contributions, or are you just talking out of your ass because I'm a Broncos fan?

milkman
08-19-2006, 11:32 AM
thats not true..it was having an unstable ownership situation in 1999 that caused all the problems..

let me introduce myself..I am also A Jet fan..I am not here to start any crap..I come in piece...

Piece of what?

Wouldn't "unstable ownership" fall into the definition of "terrible organization"?

|Zach|
08-19-2006, 11:33 AM
OrangeMane is my home, that's where I spend my time. Other than my thread started to get under Bobo's skin (which by the way, I received more POSITIVE rep for than I did NEGATIVE rep) I haven't done any trolling.
Whatever you can do to avoid talking any football?

Florida_Bronco
08-19-2006, 11:36 AM
Whatever you can do to avoid talking any football?

Yeah that's it. I've only posted in 3 threads here and haven't made a single post related to football.

You got me dead to rights there, Zach.

|Zach|
08-19-2006, 11:39 AM
Hopefully someday we can all follow GoChiefs around the internet...

Someday...

Florida_Bronco
08-19-2006, 11:43 AM
Hopefully someday we can all follow GoChiefs around the internet...

Someday...

Got me again Zach. How'd you know I came here just to punk GoChiefs?

08-19-2006, 11:52 AM
Piece of what?

Wouldn't "unstable ownership" fall into the definition of "terrible organization"?

I had heard that immature rantings and ravings were the norm here..but..I guess I just had to see it myself..

you have great debating skills :rolleyes:

milkman
08-19-2006, 11:57 AM
I had heard that immature rantings and ravings were the norm here..but..I guess I just had to see it myself..

you have great debating skills :rolleyes:

Excuse me?

I asked a legitimate question.

I apparently do have great debating skills, since you don't have an answer.

That, or you are just a dumbass that hasn't a freakin' clue.

As much as I would like the correct choice to be the former, I believe the latter is the case.

08-19-2006, 12:05 PM
and since I was greeted so nicely..I thought I would tell you people that I am a regular poster on chiefshuddle..and the posters and mods over there are courteous..knowledgeable...and like to engage in debate..not childish drivel like I just got greeted with here. :shake:

jspchief
08-19-2006, 12:09 PM
and since I was greeted so nicely..I thought I would tell you people that I am a regular poster on chiefshuddle..and the posters and mods over there are courteous..knowledgeable...and like to engage in debate..not childish drivel like I just got greeted with here. :shake:That's the difference between Chiefsplanet and Chiefshuddle. This place is a "gloves off" BB. If you don't like the atmosphere, you don't have to stay.

It's the beauty of having so many sites to choose from, you can find one that suits you best. Clearly you don't have the grit for this place.

milkman
08-19-2006, 12:09 PM
and since I was greeted so nicely..I thought I would tell you people that I am a regular poster on chiefshuddle..and the posters and mods over there are courteous..knowledgeable...and like to engage in debate..not childish drivel like I just got greeted with here. :shake:

:deevee:

Did you get sand in your gina?

08-19-2006, 12:12 PM
:deevee:

Did you get sand in your gina?

why yes I did..and it was caused by the wind howling between your ears yosemite

milkman
08-19-2006, 12:12 PM
That's the difference between Chiefsplanet and Chiefshuddle. This place is a "gloves off" BB. If you don't like the atmosphere, you don't have to stay.

It's the beauty of having so many sites to choose from, you can find one that suits you best. Clearly you don't have the grit for this place.

Grit?

How the hell can he survive anywhere?

I made a harmless joke about his use of the word "piece", and then asked a simple question.

I didn't insult or "rant" or "rave".

08-19-2006, 12:13 PM
That's the difference between Chiefsplanet and Chiefshuddle. This place is a "gloves off" BB. If you don't like the atmosphere, you don't have to stay.

so what your saying is this is the junior varsity message board??got it :p

Iowanian
08-19-2006, 12:14 PM

Please, in effort to make amends for your damaged feelings, please apply this to the collective Bruised vagina of jetville. Apply 3-4 times per day until swelling subsides.

http://www.scoresports.com/images/products/smallimg/ice.jpg

08-19-2006, 12:15 PM
Grit?

How the hell can he survive anywhere?

I made a harmless joke about his use of the word "piece", and then asked a simple question.

I didn't insult or "rant" or "rave".

please..you had no intention of answering to my post..you are just a message board clown..and a good one.. ROFL

jspchief
08-19-2006, 12:16 PM
so what your saying is this is the junior varsity message board??got it :pCall it whatever you want, I don't really care. I'm certainly not going to apologize for the character of this BB.

This place is a lot closer to biker bar than country club. If you're concerned about getting a snag in your cardigan, you're not going to like it here.

All I know is this place has exponentially more traffic than chiefshuddle, so it must appeal to somebody.

08-19-2006, 12:16 PM
Please, in effort to make amends for your damaged feelings, please apply this to the collective Bruised vagina of jetville. Apply 3-4 times per day until swelling subsides.

http://www.scoresports.com/images/products/smallimg/ice.jpg

haha..lmao..I'm starting to like this place..

milkman
08-19-2006, 12:17 PM
please..you had no intention of answering to my post..you are just a message board clown..and a good one.. ROFL

No.

I want to know the answer to the question I posed.

How is an unstable ownership situation not a symptom of a terrible organization?

Iowanian
08-19-2006, 12:18 PM
Maybe when your testicles drop, you'll be able to hang here.

Oh yeah...Floriduhdonk. I've YET to see you really land more than a glancing blow vs gochiefs. I think he's your daddy.

08-19-2006, 12:22 PM
No.

I want to know the answer to the question I posed.

How is an unstable ownership situation not a symptom of a terrible organization?

when a team is going through the process of being sold..the head coach does not know who or what he is going to be dealing with..thats a problem..

it was a terrible organization from 90-96..and turned around in 97 when somebody compitent came in..

Florida_Bronco
08-19-2006, 12:24 PM
Maybe when your testicles drop, you'll be able to hang here.

Oh yeah...Floriduhdonk. I've YET to see you really land more than a glancing blow vs gochiefs. I think he's your daddy.

I landed blows great enough for him to add me to his ignore list here and the OM and ask for me to be banned here (which your mods openly laughed at)

milkman
08-19-2006, 12:27 PM
when a team is going through the process of being sold..the head coach does not know who or what he is going to be dealing with..thats a problem..

it was a terrible organization from 90-96..and turned around in 97 when somebody compitent came in..

I don't follow the Jets that closely, but didn't they have a couple of prospective buyers drop out before it was finally sold?

And weren't there some questions about Hess's ability to actually afford to run the operation before he was approved by the league?

08-19-2006, 12:34 PM
I don't follow the Jets that closely, but didn't they have a couple of prospective buyers drop out before it was finally sold?

And weren't there some questions about Hess's ability to actually afford to run the operation before he was approved by the league?

the final 2 bidders were dolan and woody johnson..do you mean hess or johnson couldn't afford to run the operation??

woody johnson has been a joke..I have had season ticks since 1978..and with hess..you would send money in for your playoff tickets in november..now if you did not get a home game hess would return the money asap..in 2001..johnson held my money for almost 8 months..I had 5 tickets at that time..and that west side stadium was a fiasco from the start..

|Zach|
08-19-2006, 12:39 PM
All I know is this place has exponentially more traffic than chiefshuddle, so it must appeal to a shitload of people.
Fixed your post.

milkman
08-19-2006, 12:39 PM
the final 2 bidders were dolan and woody johnson..do you mean hess or johnson couldn't afford to run the operation??

woody johnson has been a joke..I have had season ticks since 1978..and with hess..you would send money in for your playoff tickets in november..now if you did not get a home game hess would return the money asap..in 2001..johnson held my money for almost 8 months..I had 5 tickets at that time..and that west side stadium was a fiasco from the start..

Yeah, I mean't Johnson.

hypersensitiveZO6
08-19-2006, 01:47 PM
And how do you draw that conclusion? Have you actually been over on the Mane and compared our contributions, or are you just talking out of your ass because I'm a Broncos fan?

It has nothing to do with being a Donk Fan.

You came to CP with the purpose to cause problems.

You're being a prick. Go back to the mane.

jetsfan115
08-19-2006, 02:39 PM
He was talking about INDIVIDUAL GAMES.

I was talking about SEASON AVERAGE.

Since you're obviously CLUELESS, here's the breakdown for you:

Curtis Martins heaviest workload under Herm Edwards was 23 carries per game on average.

He had 3 individual games of 30+ carries under Edwards.

Do you now understand?

i'm clueless but your telling me stuff i already know and that you had to look up on NFL.com lol.

anyway i renegged my statement and said johnson will average 25 a game as long as he doen'st get hurt

|Zach|
08-19-2006, 02:41 PM
i'm clueless
Indeed

jetsfan115
08-19-2006, 04:20 PM
Indeed

once again i'll stick to the game and ignore those comments.

anyone can look up stats. doens't make you smart. do u remember off the top of your head every carry that holmes had? i doubt it. all i remember is saying why is herm running martion so much. he looks worn down. put in jordan, give martin a drive or 2 off. keep him fresh for the 4th. and you'll be thinking similar things when herms running the show. you have a QB that throws for 4000 yards every year and herm wants to make him a dink and dunk guy now. guarenteed by week 8 you'll be complaining about herms inefficency as a head coach.

jspchief
08-19-2006, 04:27 PM
once again i'll stick to the game and ignore those comments.

anyone can look up stats. doens't make you smart. do u remember off the top of your head every carry that holmes had? i doubt it. all i remember is saying why is herm running martion so much. he looks worn down. put in jordan, give martin a drive or 2 off. keep him fresh for the 4th. and you'll be thinking similar things when herms running the show. you have a QB that throws for 4000 yards every year and herm wants to make him a dink and dunk guy now. guarenteed by week 8 you'll be complaining about herms inefficency as a head coach.You can't even get simple facts straight. You try and support these ridiculous predictions about Herm with fake stats.

Why should we believe your opinions have any more merit that your imaginary statistics?

All you've done so far is prove that you have an opinion that's supported by bullshit., and you don't know shit about Herm Edwards' stint as the Jets head coach.

jetsfan115
08-19-2006, 04:43 PM
You can't even get simple facts straight. You try and support these ridiculous predictions about Herm with fake stats.

Why should we believe your opinions have any more merit that your imaginary statistics?

All you've done so far is prove that you have an opinion that's supported by bullshit., and you don't know shit about Herm Edwards' stint as the Jets head coach.

martin averaged 23 carries a game in 04, i said LJ would average 25 if he stays healthy. how is that imgainry. and ok averging 40 is an exagerration on my part. i thought you would pick up on it, but since u didn't to be nice i said i'll reneg my statement and take the "hit" for making a dumb comment.

and i wouldn't be suprised if LJ has 3 30+ games this year and avergaes 25 a game and leeds the NFL in carries.

jspchief
08-19-2006, 04:46 PM
and i wouldn't be suprised if LJ has 3 30+ games this year and avergaes 25 a game and leeds the NFL in carries.Yea, I wouldn't be suprised either considering he had five 30+ carry games in only 9 starts last year.

So what's your point? That Herm is going to run him less than Vermeil did? Oh, the horror.

Hammock Parties
08-19-2006, 04:49 PM
Good old Florida Bronco.

I post useless crap...like 291 hi-resolution photographs of the Denver Broncos from 2002-2005.

Raiderhater
08-19-2006, 05:42 PM

That's because they are a bunch of pussies. We're hardcore here, muthaf#ucka!

jetsfan115
08-19-2006, 05:43 PM
Yea, I wouldn't be suprised either considering he had five 30+ carry games in only 9 starts last year.

So what's your point? That Herm is going to run him less than Vermeil did? Oh, the horror.

the point is vermial makes some of the same mistakes herm does. however your famouse 1 yard play with 6 seconds left that won you the game wouldn't have happened with herm. he would have taken the FG

chiefs4me
08-19-2006, 05:46 PM

someone actually greeted you...now I'm pissed..:harumph:

Raiderhater
08-19-2006, 05:54 PM
HARDCORE!

I'll smash your teeth in, bro!

I come from an old school Italian family, if you know what I mean...

jetsfan115
08-19-2006, 06:15 PM

That is all.

i'm not form any of thsoe boards lol

burt
08-19-2006, 06:25 PM

It must be beer thirty in NY.....

Raiderhater
08-19-2006, 06:39 PM

I thought it was beer thirty every where....

rad
08-19-2006, 06:41 PM

Nah. It's Saturday night. Libraries stay open late.

|Zach|
08-19-2006, 06:44 PM
the point is vermial makes some of the same mistakes herm does. however your famouse 1 yard play with 6 seconds left that won you the game wouldn't have happened with herm. he would have taken the FG
Along with most every coach in the NFL. So go ahead and change your point again so it can be gutted and we can all wash rinse and repeat.

Florida_Bronco
08-19-2006, 06:50 PM
It has nothing to do with being a Donk Fan.

You came to CP with the purpose to cause problems.

You're being a prick. Go back to the mane.

Like I said, give me examples of these "problems" I cause.

The only thing I've done to cause problems was in that thread that Bobo posted with 2 of my friend's pictures in it. I made a few comments about the board that I shouldn't have, but that is all that you could call "causing a problem"

You're talking out of your ass.

Florida_Bronco
08-19-2006, 06:52 PM
Good old Florida Bronco.

I post useless crap...like 291 hi-resolution photographs of the Denver Broncos from 2002-2005.

That was a cool thread, but it doesn't give you a free pass for all the trolling and thread hi-jacking you do over that.

That being said, I wouldn't have it any other way. Everyone enjoys smacking you down and watching Mediator12 school you is some of the greastest comedy I've ever seen on a message board.

jspchief
08-19-2006, 06:54 PM

The only thing I've done to cause problems was in that thread that Bobo posted with 2 of my friend's pictures in it. I made a few comments about the board that I shouldn't have, but that is all that you could call "causing a problem"

You're talking out of your ass.Well over half of your posts on this site have been nothing but troll posts. Just because you confined them to one thread doesn't change that.

If you don't want to be treated like a troll, I suggest you reconsider the way you make your first impression. You're going to have to do something to change people's opinions at this point.

No one gives a shit if you think you're punking gochiefs. Given the choice between him and you, the members of this BB would overwhelmingly choose him.

There are plenty of rival fans that get along just fine here. If you want to be considered among that group, stop acting like a douche. It's not that hard.

Florida_Bronco
08-19-2006, 07:01 PM
Well over half of your posts on this site have been nothing but troll posts. Just because you confined them to one thread doesn't change that.

If you don't want to be treated like a troll, I suggest you reconsider the way you make your first impression. You're going to have to do something to change people's opinions at this point.

No one gives a shit if you think you're punking gochiefs. Given the choice between him and you, the members of this BB would overwhelmingly choose him.

There are plenty of rival fans that get along just fine here. If you want to be considered among that group, stop acting like a douche. It's not that hard.

I really don't give a shit how YOU treat me. After seeing your posts in the other Jets fans thread and other places on this site, it's told me everything I need to know about what a classless prick you are. I can take anything you want to throw at me, so bring it on.

It's funny you bring up that thread again. You do know I received only 1 negative rep comment from a Chiefs fan while I got 3 positive ones? With the exception of you and maybe 2 others, I've had no problems with anyone on this site, and I've been generally impressed with most the members. I also get along very well with most of the Chief fans over on the OM, Crazyhorse especially.

You are one of the select few here who have got your pretty pink panties up in a bunch over me being here, but that's ok, some people are just sensitive like that.

Raiderhater
08-19-2006, 07:07 PM
I really don't give a shit how YOU treat me. After seeing your posts in the other Jets fans thread and other places on this site, it's told me everything I need to know about what a classless prick you are. I can take anything you want to throw at me, so bring it on.

It's funny you bring up that thread again. You do know I received only 1 negative rep comment from a Chiefs fan while I got 3 positive ones? With the exception of you and maybe 2 others, I've had no problems with anyone on this site, and I've been generally impressed with most the members. I also get along very well with most of the Chief fans over on the OM, Crazyhorse especially.

You are one of the select few here who have got your pretty pink panties up in a bunch over me being here, but that's ok, some people are just sensitive like that.

I've met JSP personally on a couple of different occaisions, and a classless prick he is not. And frankly, you can't hold the man's jock on this whole football message board thing.

Skip Towne
08-19-2006, 07:11 PM
What grade are you in? And do you think they will get around to teaching you spelling any time soon? Your friend, Skip

jspchief
08-19-2006, 07:17 PM

You are one of the select few here who have got your pretty pink panties up in a bunch over me being here, but that's ok, some people are just sensitive like that.My pink panties aren't in a knot, but they are riding up a little.

You're the one going around trying to convince people you're only here to talk football, yet you still have offered very little in the way of constructive conversation. My last post was an honest response to you. You seem to think you're being misjudged, but the reality is you're lying in the bed you made for yourself. I'm really not sure why I bothered. I'd much rather you continue to be a dick, because to be honest I really enjoy watching idiots get kicked around here like a soccer ball at a brazilian pinata party.

The fact that you think getting a few reps from a gochiefs thread is significant just tells me how clueless you are. There are enough morons on this site that you could get reps for shitting your pants. So keep crowing about your outstanding two reps you got for being a douche while you can, I have a feeling those green boxes aren't going to last long.

Hammock Parties
08-19-2006, 07:34 PM
Just go away, Florida. I suggest you all put him on ignore as I have done.

blueballs
08-19-2006, 07:44 PM

for the love of all that's right
stay down
the mat is your friend

hypersensitiveZO6
08-19-2006, 07:51 PM

You're talking out of your ass.

You haven't posted one thing to convince me you have any sort of common sense.

Obviously, you have no idea what causing a problem is. An indication may be everyone hates you. I'm not saying you can't be a contributer, but you had better stop with this shit. You're just going to embarrass yourself even more.

Skip Towne
08-19-2006, 08:08 PM
My pink panties aren't in a knot, but they are riding up a little.

You're the one going around trying to convince people you're only here to talk football, yet you still have offered very little in the way of constructive conversation. My last post was an honest response to you. You seem to think you're being misjudged, but the reality is you're lying in the bed you made for yourself. I'm really not sure why I bothered. I'd much rather you continue to be a dick, because to be honest I really enjoy watching idiots get kicked around here like a soccer ball at a brazilian pinata party.

The fact that you think getting a few reps from a gochiefs thread is significant just tells me how clueless you are. There are enough morons on this site that you could get reps for shitting your pants. So keep crowing about your outstanding two reps you got for being a douche while you can, I have a feeling those green boxes aren't going to last long.
Nice work!! Skip is very proud!

Iowanian
08-19-2006, 08:10 PM
What is funny about floriduh, is on the mange, he fancies himself "a troll killer". He tries to be some type of spidur clone, enforecer.

He doesn't seem to be a drooling tard, and has a chance. He's at the fork in the road and can either be a contributor, or kindling and gas.

08-19-2006, 09:18 PM
someone actually greeted you...now I'm pissed..:harumph:

jackass1..hello there

That's because they are a bunch of pussies. We're hardcore here, muthaf#ucka!

jackass2..hello there

08-19-2006, 09:20 PM
Chiefs | Edwards says team is complacent
Sat, 19 Aug 2006 11:38:08 -0700

Tully Corcoran, of the Topeka Capital-Journal, reports Kansas City Chiefs head coach Herman Edwards says the team has become complacent. "Right now, we're a team, in my estimation, living off our laurels. We're living off what people are predicting us to be. Us thinking that we're a good football team, we haven't played like that yet," said Edwards. The team has lost two preseason games and not shown any improvement on defense.

doesn't the frickin jackass know who the head coach is???

unreal..he will fit right in with you circus performers here..haha..lmao!!

luv
08-19-2006, 09:26 PM
Well, the last time I checked this thread, people were being civil and talking football. Oh well, can't expect a good thing to last forever.

Raiderhater
08-19-2006, 09:28 PM
jackass1..hello there

jackass2..hello there

All sarcasm aside, do you seriously have nothing better to do with your time than to go to a BB of a football team of which you are not a fan and make an idiot of yourself? If not, I would like to introduce you to these things called "jobs"......

luv
08-19-2006, 09:29 PM
All sarcasm aside, do you seriously have nothing better to do with your time than to go to a BB of a football team of which you are not a fan and make an idiot of yourself? If not, I would like to introduce you to these things called "jobs"......
Ugh! Don't remind me. I've been on vacation all week, and I have to go back on Monday. :(

|Zach|
08-19-2006, 09:30 PM
Speaking of jobs, I start a new one tomorrow morning. Should be interesting.

hypersensitiveZO6
08-19-2006, 09:30 PM
Well, the last time I checked this thread, people were being civil and talking football. Oh well, can't expect a good thing to last forever.

It was much better IMO.

luv
08-19-2006, 09:31 PM
Speaking of jobs, I start a new one tomorrow morning. Should be interesting.
What and where?

|Zach|
08-19-2006, 09:35 PM
What and where?
Serving job at highland springs country club...

lots of $$$

Should be more money for the time I work than my previous gig and more flexability for my photography.

luv
08-19-2006, 09:37 PM
Serving job at highland springs country club...

lots of $$$

Should be more money for the time I work than my previous gig and more flexability for my photography.
Sounds cool. Good luck and have fun.

hypersensitiveZO6
08-19-2006, 09:37 PM
lots of $$$

I smell a holdout.

|Zach|
08-19-2006, 09:38 PM
I smell a holdout.
I am just not interested in Chiefs Planet slapping the franchise tag on me.

sedated
08-19-2006, 09:40 PM
Sounds cool. Good luck and have fun.

enough of the civility bullshit.

luv
08-19-2006, 09:43 PM
enough of the civility bullshit.
You don't want me to be a bitch. I don't like to. Besides, being one in this case would only fuel the fire, so to speak.

hypersensitiveZO6
08-19-2006, 09:44 PM
I am just not interested in Chiefs Planet slapping the franchise tag on me.

...we wasted another 6th overall pick. :shake:

08-19-2006, 09:45 PM

no..and to be honest with you..I'm starting to like it here..I might stay a while..I dont have to work on saturdays at the local BBQ like I am assuming you do..I have the weekends off..got hammered last night..so..I will work off my hangover on chiefsplanet..

I only came here because I really find you guys here on ''chiefsplanet''..''amusing''..in all seriousness..

|Zach|
08-19-2006, 09:46 PM
...we wasted another 6th overall pick. :shake:
I am all pro bitch. I make things happen.

luv
08-19-2006, 09:48 PM
no..and to be honest with you..I'm starting to like it here..I might stay a while..I dont have to work on saturdays at the local BBQ like I am assuming you do..I have the weekends off..got hammered last night..so..I will work off my hangover on chiefsplanet..

I only came here because I really find you guys here on ''chiefsplanet''..''amusing''..in all seriousness..
Only 12 posts? You must not be that hungover. :p

Actually, I'm thinking drunk. It might be rather difficult to type with a hangover.

hypersensitiveZO6
08-19-2006, 09:52 PM
I am all pro bitch. I make things happen.

You're an all pro bitch?

....I can't believe we traded up.

08-19-2006, 09:55 PM
Only 12 posts? You must not be that hungover. :p

Actually, I'm thinking drunk. It might be rather difficult to type with a hangover.

it's much easier typing hungover..Im actually recovered by now..time to refuel..I just made me a mojito with fresh mint..

sedated
08-19-2006, 10:03 PM
..I just made me a mojito with fresh mint..

I had no idea you were a woman.

I mean, I knew you had sand in your gina, but still

08-19-2006, 10:03 PM
Try not to spill any on your skirt.

jesus..almost 60,000 posts in 4 years..you need a life my friend..

08-19-2006, 10:07 PM
I had no idea you were a woman.

I mean, I knew you had sand in your gina, but still

go help your sister dorothy..she said a storm is brewing

luv
08-19-2006, 10:11 PM
it's much easier typing hungover..Im actually recovered by now..time to refuel..I just made me a mojito with fresh mint..
What's in a Mojito? Never mind. I don't really care for mint. I am curious though.

08-19-2006, 10:15 PM
What's in a Mojito? Never mind. I don't really care for mint. I am curious though.

It's rum.light rum..with a mojito mix which is like mint juice..and fresh mint leaves..it's a cuban drink..haven't you seen the bacardi commercails about that drink??

sedated
08-19-2006, 10:16 PM
What's in a Mojito?

I think they sell them right next to this

sedated
08-19-2006, 10:18 PM
go help your sister dorothy..she said a storm is brewing

wow, ny trolls on the board and it takes 14 pages to hit the first dorothy smack.

original.

luv
08-19-2006, 10:19 PM
It's rum.light rum..with a mojito mix which is like mint juice..and fresh mint leaves..it's a cuban drink..haven't you seen the bacardi commercails about that drink??
Guess I missed them. Excuse me for asking.

08-19-2006, 10:28 PM
wow, ny trolls on the board and it takes 14 pages to hit the first dorothy smack.

original.

oh rely???thanks for informing everybody..your absolutely brilliant :deevee:

chiefs4me
08-19-2006, 10:38 PM
jackass1..hello there

jackass2..hello there

Jackass?? WTF....is that a joke...or did you forget that you are the donkey lover...:rolleyes:

blueballs
08-19-2006, 10:41 PM
...I got hammered last night..

TMI

milkman
08-19-2006, 10:42 PM
Jackass?? WTF....is that a joke...or did you forget that you are the donkey lover...:rolleyes:

You know, smacking trolls is made more dificult when you show up.

chiefs4me
08-19-2006, 10:44 PM
You know, smacking trolls is made more dificult when you show up.

didn't we already have this conversation...:hmmm:

milkman
08-19-2006, 10:49 PM
didn't we already have this conversation...:hmmm:

It wasn't me.

But I have no doubt you have had this conversation before.

rad
08-19-2006, 10:51 PM
It wasn't me.

ROFL

08-19-2006, 10:53 PM

no it's not a joke..and no..I didn't forget

chiefs4me
08-19-2006, 11:04 PM
It wasn't me.

yea, we did, and you even know my answer..

chiefs4me
08-19-2006, 11:06 PM
ROFL

shut up, :rolleyes: and who the hell are you anyway...

rad
08-19-2006, 11:08 PM
shut up, :rolleyes: and who the hell are you anyway...

Nobody.

I just thought it was funny.

Geesh....

luv
08-19-2006, 11:09 PM
Nobody.

I just thought it was funny.

Geesh....
You're not a nobody.

Florida_Bronco
08-19-2006, 11:13 PM
My pink panties aren't in a knot, but they are riding up a little.

Again I ask, give some examples of all these problems I've caused. Other than the one thread I admit to getting pretty fired up, you're not gonna much of anything.

If you're gonna make these statements, back them up. Come on, I've only got 70 some posts, it wouldn't be hard to sort through.

Florida_Bronco
08-19-2006, 11:14 PM
I've met JSP personally on a couple of different occaisions, and a classless prick he is not. And frankly, you can't hold the man's jock on this whole football message board thing.

I haven't met him, I can only go off what I've read from him so far. His postings on the threads I've seen has told me all I care to know about him. He may be a great guy in real life and he may know his shit when it comes to football, but I've formed my opinion about him and I'm sticking to it until I see otherwise.

rad
08-19-2006, 11:15 PM
You're not a nobody.

I meant nobody "poking fun at her" type of nobody.

Florida_Bronco
08-19-2006, 11:18 PM
You haven't posted one thing to convince me you have any sort of common sense.

Obviously, you have no idea what causing a problem is. An indication may be everyone hates you. I'm not saying you can't be a contributer, but you had better stop with this shit. You're just going to embarrass yourself even more.

Talking out of your ass again? Or are you going to back up any of your statements either? Either you haven't looked at my other posts or you are just conviently ignoring them, otherwise you'd see my contributions and some very civil conversation between me and some board members.

Of you can continue to blindly throw punches, that's always fun too. ROFL

luv
08-19-2006, 11:19 PM
I meant nobody "poking fun at her" type of nobody.
Okay. I just don't like hearing (or seeing) anyone say that. That and loser. Even in jest, those words just bother me.

jetsfan115
08-20-2006, 12:03 AM
What grade are you in? And do you think they will get around to teaching you spelling any time soon? Your friend, Skip

3rd yera of college starting soon. getting a bachelors in accounting. who cares if i'm making a quick post on a board and get a typo?

jetstream23
08-20-2006, 12:04 AM

Amen. A voice of reason. Although I like coming here to read what some of you guys have to say and engage in intelligent football conversation. A KC fan posting on a Jets site isn't necessarily a troll as the same goes for Jets fans posting at KC sites. A troll is a troll and they're easily spotted!

luv
08-20-2006, 12:04 AM
3rd yera of college starting soon. getting a bachelors in accounting. who cares if i'm making a quick post on a board and get a typo?
Maybe presentation and first impressions? :shrug:

milkman
08-20-2006, 12:51 AM

"A" typo?

ROFL

milkman
08-20-2006, 01:03 AM
yea, we did, and you even know my answer..

No.

I've never actually gotten involved in these trollfests before, so I wouldn't of had any reason to make that observation.

08-20-2006, 06:23 AM
Again I ask, give some examples of all these problems I've caused. Other than the one thread I admit to getting pretty fired up, you're not gonna much of anything.

If you're gonna make these statements, back them up. Come on, I've only got 70 some posts, it wouldn't be hard to sort through.

dude..you have been nothing but intelligent with your posts..and all the ''posters'' who reply to you are just really bad at personal attacks..it's like kindergarten here..you are a very classy troll in my opinion..keep going..

and remember your dealing with some people who have a mind boggling number of posts..like they live here or something ROFL :p

08-20-2006, 06:30 AM
Q&A with HERM EDWARDS - 8/19
Aug 19, 2006, 6:38:29 PM

TRAINING CAMP

Q: How was practice today?

HERM EDWARDS: “Practice has been good. We’ve just got to do what we do on the field what we do in practice.”

Q: Why is it? You talk about practice being good; you like the tempo and they’re practicing hard but it’s not translating into the game?

EDWARDS: “No, it hasn’t the last two games. I feel certain it will this week. The good thing about this team is it has character players. They know where they’re at right now; they haven’t played the way they’d like to play. We’ve got to play with some emotion and obviously when you play at home you’re going to have more emotion than when you’re on the road.

“That was the thing we talked about. We know we’re going to play with emotion at home. But there’s nothing you can do about it now, it’s over with. We just have to play like we practice. We’ve had some good practice and I we’ve got to play that way this weekend.”

Q: You said after the game (vs. the Giants) that you weren’t playing together as a team.

EDWARDS: “Together means this: offense has to help the defense and the defense has to help the offense and special teams and you don’t do that when certain things happen. There are some glaring things that have transpired over the last two games.

“The first two possessions on offense the last two weeks we’ve had bad field position and we get off the field. The next thing you look at is our time of possession in the last two games. Our opponents have had it 37 minutes and we’ve had it 22 (minutes). So, we’re not converting on third downs.

Effectively, we’re not getting off the field either and that’s why teams are running the ball on us. If you look at our pass defense our longest pass (against us) is 15 yards in the last two games. So pass defense is pretty good but the run defense is not any good and the reason is we’re on the field too long. Some of that is due to defense. We’ve got to get off the field. We’ve allowed the Texans to run the ball 41 times and (NY) ran it 36 times.

“When you stay on the field and don’t score points it puts us down early on the road. It’s very difficult to come out of that situation. And then what we don’t do is make a play on either side of the ball. That’s why I say the offense has to help and the defense has to help.”

Q: You said you thought the team was resting on its laurels. What exactly did you mean?

EDWARDS: “You get into the off-season and there are expectations for all kind of teams. This team is supposed to do that. That team is supposed to do that. You can’t live off of that. That’s easy to say and easy to write about in the off-season but then you’ve got to do it.

“Now, whether we had won these two games or not…I would have liked to win. I like to win pre-season games. Going into this year we were 15-6 in the pre-season. The only team that had won that many games in the NFL in five years was us (NY Jets) and Denver. I don’t want anyone to think we’re just playing pre-season games to play ‘cause we’re not. We’re trying to win ‘em.

“But obviously when you come in with a new system on defense and a new coordinator on offense you’re not going to be clicking and I understand that. The way we’ve played the last couple of games has been pretty vanilla, too. We’re trying to evaluate players, but still you’ve got to play with more urgency than we’ve played. That’s what we’ve got to do this week.”

Q: What about Will Shields’s health?

EDWARDS: “I don’t know right now. He’s got a high ankle (sprain) similar to what Ingram had had. I talked to him today. I don’t know if he’s going to play this week or not. But we’ll see.”

Q: Are you confident he’ll [Shields] be back for the season opener against Cincinnati?

EDWARDS: “Oh yeah. Yeah. Absolutely.”

Q: What about Willie Roaf? Have you talked to Willie?

EDWARDS: “No, I haven’t.”

Q: Do you know what he said on ESPN?

EDWARDS: “No. Don’t know.”

Q: So as far as you’re concerned there still is a possibility he’ll play this year?

EDWARDS: “I don’t know that. At this point, I’ve got to get these guys ready to play. That’s my obligation.”

Q: Isn’t it time to put that subject to rest, to put Roaf’s return to rest?

EDWARDS: “I’m not talking about it. I’m just answering your questions the best way I know how.”

Q: You had a lot of players back today: Tamba Hali, Lenny Walls, Michael Bennett, Brian Waters.

EDWARDS: “That’s good and really in the nick of time. This is the third pre-season game and as you know this is the one where your veterans are going to play most of the game. They’re going to play into the third quarter and then get ‘em out. It’s important and I think the veteran guys know that here.”

Q: Any chance Waters will play Saturday night?

EDWARDS: “We’ll see how he does this week. He’s got to get in condition. If he can get some reps that would be good, but he won’t play as much as the other starters.”

Q: What about Ty Law and Greg Wesley not being here and Jared Allen?

EDWARDS: “And (Jimmy) Wilkerson. They were all excused. They had personal things they had to handle and I knew that going into today. They’ll all be back Monday.”

Q: You have a lot of guys who haven’t practiced on the defensive line. Is it correctible from what you’ve seen?

EDWARDS: “On yeah.”

Q: Do you need to get new players?

EDWARDS: “Nah. That’s the ironic thing about playing one-gap defense. If you’re off they’re going to make yards. We didn’t do a good job at times with our linebackers filling in. If you look at what (NY) did: they ran the ball for about 153 yards and five of those runs were about 57 yards and one was a reverse actually. So, we have to play better control of our gaps, know where they are and trust each other. If you don’t they gash you and with the ability to run the ball 36 times they’re going to make a 100 yards rushing. That’s not very hard to do if you run 36 times.

“We didn’t make any big plays on either side. On offense we made only one big pass play so far and that was against the Texans. We’ve got to make some plays.”

Q: Did the offense take a step back?

EDWARDS: “No, I don’t think we took a step back. We were actually in the same mode we were the week before. We did the same thing. We had 10 possessions and punted nine times. We had six three-and-outs on offense. You can’t do that. You just can’t do that because you only have 10 possessions and if you do it six times you’re giving the other team the opportunity. They had 77 plays and we had 44. This offense is used to get 80 plays a game some time when we’re rolling and we’ve got to get rolling.”

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2006/08/19/qa...m_edwards__819/

Raiderhater
08-20-2006, 10:11 AM

That's how it is supposed to be made.

Raiderhater
08-20-2006, 10:17 AM
I haven't met him, I can only go off what I've read from him so far. His postings on the threads I've seen has told me all I care to know about him. He may be a great guy in real life and he may know his shit when it comes to football, but I've formed my opinion about him and I'm sticking to it until I see otherwise.

More or less how we feel about you.

sedated
08-20-2006, 10:17 AM
Q&A with HERM EDWARDS - 8/19
Aug 19, 2006, 6:38:29 PM

WE'VE LANDED ON THE MOON.

that's only the 37th time that info has been posted.

but thanks.

...really :rolleyes:

burt
08-20-2006, 10:20 AM
Amen. A voice of reason. Although I like coming here to read what some of you guys have to say and engage in intelligent football conversation. A KC fan posting on a Jets site isn't necessarily a troll as the same goes for Jets fans posting at KC sites. A troll is a troll and they're easily spotted!

I have only read this 1 of 5 post from you but it appears that a welcome is in order! Fans from other teams are a welcome change...but do understand we have had a plethora of Jets trolls lately..so please do not judge our fine board by some of the posts to the trolls. Welcome!

Raiderhater
08-20-2006, 10:21 AM
dude..you have been nothing but intelligent with your posts..and all the ''posters'' who reply to you are just really bad at personal attacks..it's like kindergarten here..you are a very classy troll in my opinion..keep going..

and remember your dealing with some people who have a mind boggling number of posts..like they live here or something ROFL :p

This coming from the guy who used local BBQ smaque? What a f#cking joke.

Of course, I guess we can't expect too much from you Jets' fans; it was, after all, your fan base that used time zone smaque leading up to last year's game......

burt
08-20-2006, 10:28 AM

Gee, how admirable....I graduated from College before you were born...doesn't mean anything...you are judged by what you present. You are not presenting very anything positive, including the fact that we have to decipher your posts.

This MAY be obvious....but going to the BB of another team than yours, posting negative bullshit, with mega-spelling errors makes you look absolutly ignorant. Now, you, like everyone else, has a chioce on your presentation to the board....your choice.... Be a contributor and be welcome, or be a troll.

08-20-2006, 10:32 AM
WE'VE LANDED ON THE MOON.

that's only the 37th time that info has been posted.

but thanks.

...really :rolleyes:

anytime bro..I just cant get enough of my daily herm fix.. ROFL

luv
08-20-2006, 10:33 AM

Bad personal attacks? You consider calling people jackasses good? Hypocrite.

burt
08-20-2006, 10:33 AM

I did...and you have posted some very interesting viewpoints. Maybe it is your signature pic. I don't appreciate the pig with a KC logo on it...I do not like constantly seeing the act in the picture...it was cute at first...now it is annoying.

Maybe it is the lack of respect that you display. I enjoyt posters from other teams, but if you continue to jab my friends on the board with a stick... instead of being a polite guest...or member even...then you will be appointed troll...and you to, sir...have that choice. I would rather see you as a valued member of the board....but you make the call.

luv
08-20-2006, 10:34 AM
anytime bro..I just cant get enough of my daily herm fix.. ROFL
Why don't you go rub one out and come back when you get over him?

jspchief
08-20-2006, 10:34 AM
Herm Edwards was the 2nd best coach the Jets have had in 25+ years.

They had a monumental run of bad luck '05, which Jet fan blames all on Herm.

08-20-2006, 10:35 AM

Of course, I guess we can't expect too much from you Jets' fans; it was, after all, your fan base that used time zone smaque leading up to last year's game......

who said I was a Jet fan???

I am the antiherm!!!lets get it straight..and by the way..I have been to kc..your BBQ is better than texas..at least you guys cook it into the meat and dont slop a million gallons of sauce on it like in texas..

08-20-2006, 10:37 AM
I was attacked by guys for nothing FIRST..and now I'm the bad guy??please..you f*ckin guys are hypocrites..

burt
08-20-2006, 10:37 AM

Having read most of this thread....bill parcels is nothing more than an insignificant gnat. Quit wasting your time.

08-20-2006, 10:38 AM
Herm Edwards was the 2nd best coach the Jets have had in 25+ years.

They had a monumental run of bad luck '05, which Jet fan blames all on Herm.

you have no clue about the jets..and if you keep thinking like that..I wish you alot of luck this year ROFL

luv
08-20-2006, 10:39 AM
I was attacked by guys for nothing FIRST..and now I'm the bad guy??please..you f*ckin guys are hypocrites..
OMG. You did not just say the whole "they started it" crap. ROFL
It's not a matter of who started what, I was commenting on good vs. bad.

1. I'm not a guy.
2. When have I been a hypocrite?

jspchief
08-20-2006, 10:40 AM
you have no clue about the jets..and if you keep thinking like that..I wish you alot of luck this year ROFLLook at the W/L record.

Other than 3 years of Parcells and one year of Al Groh, Edwards is the most successful coach you've had in 3 decades.

See, that's the thing. Jets fans think Edwards has ruined their franchise, but the reality is that franchise has been in the toilet for the better part of the last 30 years.

08-20-2006, 10:40 AM
Why don't you go rub one out and come back when you get over him?
never..until the train wrecks in good ole kc I will feel better..

Raiderhater
08-20-2006, 10:41 AM
who said I was a Jet fan???

I am the antiherm!!!lets get it straight..and by the way..I have been to kc..your BBQ is better than texas..at least you guys cook it into the meat and dont slop a million gallons of sauce on it like in texas..

So your not even a Jets' fan? Than why in the hell do you hate Herm so much? Sorry, but something doesn't add up there.

Regardless of how good KC BBQ is, it was still an extremely week attempt at a personal attack. You got busted for the very thing you accused us of, sack up and admit it.

08-20-2006, 10:42 AM
Look at the W/L record.

Other than 3 years of Parcells and one year of Al Groh, Edwards is the most successful coach you've had in 3 decades.

See, that's the thing. Jets fans think Edwards has ruined their franchise, but the reality is that franchise has been in the toilet for the better part of the last 30 years.
well than..dave wandstett and jim haslett have the same track record..do you consider them good coaches???they are out of football now..

sedated
08-20-2006, 10:42 AM

don't forget the very original "dorothy" smack.

that's gold!

[/sarcasm](in case the concept hasn't made it out to the east coast yet)