PDA

View Full Version : how big is beer in your football watching experience

blueballs
08-20-2006, 11:43 AM
do you usually have a beer/s while watching?
or you just have one if one is handy?
a must have?

jspchief
08-20-2006, 11:45 AM
peas & carrots

Buster's Dad
08-20-2006, 11:46 AM
I don't drink, so for me the quistion is mute

jspchief
08-20-2006, 11:47 AM
I'm deaf so the question is moot

Hound333
08-20-2006, 11:48 AM
I rarely drink when im watching football. Everyone else around me seems to though.

Nzoner
08-20-2006, 11:48 AM
I generally like a 24 oz. Blvd Wheat

blueballs
08-20-2006, 11:52 AM
would a dry stadium still
draw a sell out?

Bugeater
08-20-2006, 11:53 AM
I generally like a 24 oz. Blvd Wheat
Just one?

Nzoner
08-20-2006, 11:55 AM
Just one?

He didn't ask how many,he asked how big......

btw,did you get your ticket,I mailed it tuesday.

Bowser
08-20-2006, 11:55 AM
draw a sell out?

Probably not. The team would have to be perennial Super Bowl participants.

tyton75
08-20-2006, 11:56 AM
I don't drink anymore anyway.. so.. none

Adept Havelock
08-20-2006, 11:56 AM
draw a sell out?

Yes, but only from the Chiefs Fan auxiliary of the Women's Temperance Movement.

Is BYU a dry stadium?

jspchief
08-20-2006, 11:57 AM
draw a sell out?All NCAA stadiums are dry and they sell out larger stadiums than the largest in the NFL.

Bugeater
08-20-2006, 11:58 AM
draw a sell out?
The University of Nebraska has sold out every football game since November 3, 1962, and hasn't ever sold alcohol that I know of.

Bugeater
08-20-2006, 11:59 AM
He didn't ask how many,he asked how big......

btw,did you get your ticket,I mailed it tuesday.
Affirmative. :thumb:

blueballs
08-20-2006, 12:00 PM
so beer is a happy option?
hooorrayyyyyy beer!

sedated
Beer is a huge part of my Chiefs experience.

even bigger if we play like we did against the Giants

StcChief
All NCAA stadiums are dry and they sell out larger stadiums than the largest in the NFL.

Yeah. As student 'the flask of whiskey' and get a coke from concession stand.

Now with NFL. Beer at Arrowhead Blvd Wheat, Fat Tire. or Pony Express

Bowser
08-20-2006, 12:01 PM
The University of Nebraska has sold out every football game since November 3, 1962, and hasn't ever sold alcohol that I know of.

Yeah, because there isn't shit else to do in that state. Isn't Memorial Stadium the third or fourth largest city in Nebraska during home games?

And, you have a plethora of establishments literally within a stone's throw of the stadium. Everyone is usually wasted at the game.

Nzoner
08-20-2006, 12:02 PM
Beer is a huge part of my Chiefs experience.

even bigger if we play like we did against the Giants

When they have games like that it's time for the liquor.

Bowser
08-20-2006, 12:02 PM
so beer is a happy option?
hooorrayyyyyy beer!

Booooooo dry stadiums!

Psyko Tek
08-20-2006, 12:13 PM

you ever been to a game there?

you would be hard press to find people without a buzz and/or a hipflask

I miss UNofL beer breakfasts

football without beer, is like sex without coming...
it's still good,but you know it could be one hell of a lot better

Bugeater
08-20-2006, 12:19 PM
Yeah, because there isn't shit else to do in that state. Isn't Memorial Stadium the third or fourth largest city in Nebraska during home games?

And, you have a plethora of establishments literally within a stone's throw of the stadium. Everyone is usually wasted at the game.
It edges out the city of Bellevue, NE for 3rd. And yes, everyone just gets drunk before the game, which has been extremely helpful the last few years...

The Dude Abides
08-20-2006, 12:20 PM
Beer, no. Maybe a little smoke to take the edge off. Mary Jane doesnt make me sick the next day

Bugeater
08-20-2006, 12:24 PM
you ever been to a game there?

you would be hard press to find people without a buzz and/or a hipflask

I miss UNofL beer breakfasts

football without beer, is like sex without coming...
it's still good,but you know it could be one hell of a lot better
Uh, yeah, I've been to a few. I'm sure that's the case with most college stadiums.

Adept Havelock
08-20-2006, 12:47 PM
Beer, no. Maybe a little smoke to take the edge off. Mary Jane doesnt make me sick the next day

Go Chiefs! Go Chiefs....kick their......uhhh..what was I saying?

chief52
08-20-2006, 01:20 PM
draw a sell out?

I think it would still sell out. I do not usually drink when I am at a game live. Too much waiting in line...for a beer...dump the piss...another beer...It sucks. I will tail gate before and definitely after.

Now when I am set up to watch a Sunday of games at home, you can bet the beer is cold and ready. I am not going to run out.

mikey23545
08-20-2006, 01:31 PM
I simply had no idea there were so many football fans who don't drink beer....

I've been rooting for the Chiefs for damn near 40 years now, and let me tell you this - you people are never gonna have any longevity if you keep watching the Chiefs sober....

Chan93lx50
08-20-2006, 01:56 PM
All NCAA stadiums are dry and they sell out larger stadiums than the largest in the NFL.

Ummm, Minnesota Gophers sell beer! Of course where they play is off University property so they can get away with it!

jspchief
08-20-2006, 02:05 PM
Ummm, Minnesota Gophers sell beer! Of course where they play is off University property so they can get away with it!Are you sure about that?

I thought the NCAA made a rule against selling alcohol at their events.

jspchief
08-20-2006, 02:06 PM
Like a cow's opinion?I was going to say that, but to be honest I was too embarrassed to reference an episode of Friends.

Dave Lane
08-20-2006, 02:15 PM
Not at all...

Dave

Bugeater
08-20-2006, 02:15 PM
Are you sure about that?

If they did, it must not apply to events in all sports then. They sell beer at Creighton basketball games at the Qwest Center. Which again, is off university property, so there may be some kind of loophole with that.

Sure-Oz
08-20-2006, 02:17 PM
Doesn't matter to me. Last season i didn't drink a single beer and if i did it was maybe 1 or 2. This year i see more beer drinkin cuz ill be going over to a buddys house that will be cookin and have LOTS of beer handy so...but i am crazy as hell during games without beer, who knows what i'll do if im intoxicated, maybe ill throw a chair instead of my hat!

jspchief
08-20-2006, 02:17 PM
If they did, it must not apply to events in all sports then. They sell beer at Creighton basketball games at the Qwest Center. Which again, is off university property, so there may be some kind of loophole with that.I must be mistaken then. Maybe I thought it was all events, but instead it's just on-campus events.

milkman
08-20-2006, 02:20 PM
If they did, it must not apply to events in all sports then. They sell beer at Creighton basketball games at the Qwest Center. Which again, is off university property, so there may be some kind of loophole with that.

My guess would be the off campus venues are not owned by the schools that paly there, and the NCAA has no authority over the management of those facilities.

macdawg
08-20-2006, 06:57 PM
beer is more of a friday or saturday night thing for me, usually during the games i'm recovering.

i just want to focus on the game and not miss anything talking or being drunk, i might drink a boulevard or two at most, but mostly i'm just zoned into the game.

Chief Roundup
08-20-2006, 07:38 PM
No beer has no affect on football for me. Unless it is someone spilling one on me at a game.

Demonpenz
08-20-2006, 07:56 PM
they sell beer at the big twelve tourny

ChiefsCountry
08-20-2006, 07:59 PM
draw a sell out?

College football does

ChiefsCountry
08-20-2006, 07:59 PM
they sell beer at the big twelve tourny

Its not located on a college campus, so therefore they can.

TinyEvel
08-20-2006, 11:39 PM
I almost always drink beer during games.

In fact, hearing that FOX NFL music makes me crave a beer in a Pavlovian way.

NOTE: We were doing ads for Coors Light, and we were talking to young beer drinkers (21-25) about football and beer.
One guy talked about how they get cases of beer and get together Sunday morning, watch the morning game, pass out half-way through the afternoon game, and wake up at some point during the Sunday night game.
The other guys in the room were like "yeah...yeah." Like it was an experience they could all relate to.

Demonpenz
08-20-2006, 11:40 PM
i ususally have my fantasy board up so i don't drink until after the games are over

greg63
08-20-2006, 11:46 PM
...Don't drink.

jidar
08-21-2006, 12:15 AM
It used to be but I traded my beer for a defensive tackle.

Frazod
08-21-2006, 01:02 AM
Even when I was a kid and drank like a fish, I almost never drank at concerts or sporting events. IMO, drinking is something you do at a party, a bar or at home. I've never understood the point of drinking EVERYWHERE YOU GO, although I've known lots of people who do. Why get hammered at a special event like that? I prefer to enjoy the experience sober. And I sure wouldn't pay $7 a glass for the f#cking swill they serve at most stadiums. To hell with piss warm Miller Lite, Budweiser or (god forbid) Coors Light - if I want a drink, I'll have a REAL BEER (Sam Adams) or some good scotch when I get home.

I did sneak a flask of scotch into Arrowhead once - I'm sure Brad appreciated it :D but I don't think I even drank a full shot's worth of it the entire game. It was a waste of time for me.

Logical
08-21-2006, 02:25 AM
i ususally have my fantasy board up so i don't drink until after the games are overSmart, your ff teams probably perform better sober.

jspchief
08-21-2006, 07:40 AM
In fact, hearing that FOX NFL music makes me crave a beer in a Pavlovian way.I'm glad I don't have the same reaction.

That Fox NFL music is the ringtone on my cell.

jspchief
08-21-2006, 07:42 AM
I've certainly done that. Though, nothing's more fun than going to the bar for the early game, and just drinking all goddamned day and night through the night game. That's pretty much every NFL Sunday that I don't go to the game.

In fact, we tailgate in front of the sportsbar on the morning of opening day. The owner shows up to us grilling in the parking lot, already drinking.

Inspector
08-21-2006, 09:45 AM
My beer looks, smells and taste just like green tea.

I usually have a cup or two per game.

I love green tea.

Saulbadguy
08-21-2006, 09:49 AM
Are you sure about that?

I think Colorado might sell beer at their stadium, or at least their basketball arena (Coors event center). I'm not sure, though.

Saulbadguy
08-21-2006, 09:51 AM
Even when I was a kid and drank like a fish, I almost never drank at concerts or sporting events. IMO, drinking is something you do at a party, a bar or at home. I've never understood the point of drinking EVERYWHERE YOU GO, although I've known lots of people who do. Why get hammered at a special event like that? I prefer to enjoy the experience sober. And I sure wouldn't pay $7 a glass for the f#cking swill they serve at most stadiums. To hell with piss warm Miller Lite, Budweiser or (god forbid) Coors Light - if I want a drink, I'll have a REAL BEER (Sam Adams) or some good scotch when I get home.

I did sneak a flask of scotch into Arrowhead once - I'm sure Brad appreciated it :D but I don't think I even drank a full shot's worth of it the entire game. It was a waste of time for me.
I agree with you. I'll drink while i'm watching the Chiefs at home or a bar, but the hell if i'm paying 7 bucks for a beer.

Phobia
08-21-2006, 09:56 AM
It used to be a large part of my experience until I realized that I was a little out of control with it. I had an incident last fall that alerted me to my excessive intake at games and now I've reduced all my intake.

Iowanian
08-21-2006, 10:04 AM
I enjoy beer and I enjoy football, they are not however mutually dependent on one another. I can enjoy beer and I can enjoy football without each other, or together.

I usually drink a beer or two while watching at home, but don't like to drink alot at the game because I don't like the pissing lines....or urinal trough spatter.

DaneMcCloud
08-21-2006, 10:08 AM
Unless the Chiefs have the Sunday or Monday night game, I don't drink at all during the games. Drinking at 10am is not my thing, especially since taking 3.5 hours out of a Sunday is difficult enough.

ZepSinger
08-21-2006, 10:13 AM
Quit drinking 10 years ago. But even when I did, it didn't figure into sports much..

Z

MOhillbilly
08-21-2006, 10:15 AM
beer & Q are a must.

Predarat
08-21-2006, 10:27 AM
Its pretty big for me but when the team startssuckin I need something a little stronger.

jspchief
08-21-2006, 01:48 PM
It used to be a large part of my experience until I realized that I was a little out of control with it. I had an incident last fall that alerted me to my excessive intake at games and now I've reduced all my intake.Is that the game where you grabbed my ass?

yea, you were way over the line that day.

Bugeater
08-21-2006, 02:29 PM
I think Colorado might sell beer at their stadium, or at least their basketball arena (Coors event center). I'm not sure, though.
They used to sell it at their football games, but I don't believe they do anymore. Now whether it was the NCAA that put a stop to it, or it was because of their asshat fans, I don't know.

sedated
08-21-2006, 03:23 PM
that's why football season is so great, it's the only time I have an excuse to start drinking the second I wake up.

I usually do, but at least then I have an excuse.

Calcountry
08-21-2006, 03:28 PM
do you usually have a beer/s while watching?
or you just have one if one is handy?
a must have?you post english?

you very confusing

i no understand

sedated
08-21-2006, 03:29 PM
we tailgate in front of the sportsbar on the morning of opening day. The owner shows up to us grilling in the parking lot, already drinking.

what a great idea

Donger
08-21-2006, 03:35 PM
I don't drink, so for me the quistion is mute

"Speak up quistion, I can't f*cking hear you!"

jspchief
08-21-2006, 03:36 PM
what a great ideaIt got our picture on the wall.

There's probably some legality issues, but the bar I go to isn't exactly in a location that gets heavy police patrol at 8am on a Sunday.

|Zach|
08-21-2006, 03:45 PM
I like having a few drinks tailgating beforehand at a game or with some people.

But I don't drink during games...just not interested. I def don't get drunk at all during a game.

Jilly
08-21-2006, 03:50 PM
I think it would be less of a part of my experience if these two yahoos that drank it the entire game wouldn't shove past me to pee every five minutes.

sedated
08-21-2006, 03:53 PM
I think it would be less of a part of my experience if these two yahoos that drank it the entire game wouldn't shove past me to pee every five minutes.

that would be less of an issue if you had something less than DD's. :)

(not that I'm complaining, just noting)

jspchief
08-21-2006, 03:54 PM
I think it would be less of a part of my experience if these two yahoos that drank it the entire game wouldn't shove past me to pee every five minutes.It's probably hard on your Jimmy Choos to walk in spilt beer too.

Hammock Parties
08-21-2006, 03:58 PM
I don't drink beer.

Rausch
08-21-2006, 03:58 PM

Relax, I won't be in your row next time...

Jilly
08-21-2006, 04:00 PM
Relax, I won't be in your row next time...

I'm sorry, that sounded bitchy didn't it? I don't ask much, just for them to wait until the play is over.

Rausch
08-21-2006, 04:02 PM
I'm sorry, that sounded bitchy didn't it? I don't ask much, just for them to wait until the play is over.

Could be worse, you could have some douchebag spill a full beer all over himself and then sit next to you for 1/2 the game...

Otter
08-21-2006, 04:03 PM
Is it legal to watch football without drinking beer?

Rausch
08-21-2006, 04:04 PM
Is it legal to watch football without drinking beer?

Should be.

You can always chug NA...

pak1983
08-21-2006, 05:23 PM
really big. i drink as much as possible. any connection with that and being a chiefs fan not sure. most likely it is. sedated loves drinking during games, just ask him about the time he got thrown out of the chiefs panthers game 2 years ago.

StcChief
08-21-2006, 05:50 PM
I'm a fan of 16 or 23 oz's Beers. But 12 oz's Beers work too.

Should be illegal if you don't drink beer. Get rid of 'Whine and Cheese crowd' :p