PDA

View Full Version : Looks like my cousin will be the starting Punter for USC this year

Mojo Rising
08-20-2006, 10:02 PM
Because of LA's lack of NFL team we made an agreement a couple years ago that I would support USC and he would back the Chiefs. He is a pseudo-Chiefs fan. Let's send the Chiefsplanet Mojo USC's way this year!

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/sports/college/abox/article_1249193.php

Mecca
08-20-2006, 10:27 PM
I'm about the only USC fan around here........everyone else prefers to bash on them it seems.

Basileus777
08-20-2006, 10:31 PM
Let's send the Chiefsplanet Mojo USC's way this year!

Thats a good way to damn them....

RealSNR
08-20-2006, 10:45 PM
Yeah, and I used to live next to TE Jim Kleinsasser's parents.

(Seriously)

Basileus777
08-20-2006, 10:57 PM
I went to highschool with one of USC's linebackers. I enjoyed seeing him get humilated by Vince Young on national television.

DaKCMan AP
08-21-2006, 03:11 AM
Pac10 is garbage.

Simplex3
08-21-2006, 05:29 AM
I had several classes in HS w/ Don Davis, same graduating class. I can tell you this, if his g/f hadn't been doing his homework for him...

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/3331

Come to think of it, he chose to play at KU because that's where she went. Of course the guy has two Super Bowl rings and was one year seperated from two more, will be getting NFL vet pension and has been making pretty good money for 11 years now.

StcChief
08-21-2006, 06:32 AM
Well as a Punter, it will likely keep you healthy.
If good NFL future.

jspchief
08-21-2006, 06:49 AM
So did his parents get a new house? Or is that just RBs?

chagrin
08-21-2006, 07:04 AM
So did his parents get a new house? Or is that just RBs?

ROFL

Yeah, he's rolling around in a black Escalade with an X-Box in the back and a bed.

TheChiefofSoCal
08-21-2006, 08:28 AM
USC has punters?I havent seen one in years.

SCTrojan
08-21-2006, 08:35 AM
Don't let the haters get you down, Mojo.

People on the USC website I frequent say good things about your cousin. Tell him to Fight On! and Beat the Irish.

Frosty
08-21-2006, 08:52 AM
Could you talk him into shanking a few when they play the Beavers?

Please?

SCTrojan
08-21-2006, 09:58 AM
Here's a pic of your cuz punting at last Thursday's scrimmage.

Munson
08-21-2006, 12:41 PM
Its cool that your cousin in USC's starting punter, but tell him he needs to change his number. Anytime I see no. 44, I get horrible flashbacks of Eric Warfield missing tackles and getting burnt on the deep ball. ROFL

KChiefsQT
08-21-2006, 04:53 PM
That's sweeeeet! Congrats to your cousin!!!

Skip Towne
08-21-2006, 04:58 PM
USC, huh? Just add a K and rearrange the letters a little.

Logical
08-21-2006, 05:32 PM
Congrat Mojo, great news.

AndChiefs
08-21-2006, 05:58 PM
Its cool that your cousin in USC's starting punter, but tell him he needs to change his number. Anytime I see no. 44, I get horrible flashbacks of Eric Warfield missing tackles and getting burnt on the deep ball. ROFL

Lol, exactly what I was thinking when I saw it

Coach
08-21-2006, 06:09 PM
Congrats Mojo.

Mojo Rising
08-21-2006, 07:01 PM
We are all pretty excited for him. He is a 3rd generation Trojan so his family has always been huge Trojan fans. He was a walk-on at ASU his Freshman year and was behind a Sophmore who was on scholarship,

His Soph year he transferred to a JC just so he could get playing time and hopefully catch on with a Pac 10 team. The fact that it was SC was a dream come true.

SCTrojan has been cool enough to send me updates from the SC boards. Thanks for the pic.

He was originally 49 but had to switch when a Sr. DE had the number and didn't like it being shared. Life as a walk-on and kicker I guess.

Sept 2 vs Arkansas is their opener. Go Trojans!

Moooo
08-21-2006, 08:34 PM
Because of LA's lack of NFL team we made an agreement a couple years ago that I would support USC and he would back the Chiefs. He is a pseudo-Chiefs fan. Let's send the Chiefsplanet Mojo USC's way this year!

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/sports/college/abox/article_1249193.php

Congratulations on the 3 punts he'll get to make all year :)

That's an exaggeration, but seriously, that's a necessary, yet cushy job... With a team like USC he'll see limited snaps. He won't get worn down. :)

Make sure and give us another post when he wins the Ray Guy award.

Moooo

TinyEvel
08-22-2006, 01:59 AM
I'm indifferent about all college teams, so you can have my vote, indifferently.
Congrats, i guess?

Mecca
08-22-2006, 05:57 AM
I love the overwhelming jealousy toward USC that beams through in this thread......

chagrin
08-22-2006, 06:01 AM
I love the overwhelming jealousy toward USC that beams through in this thread......

I'm not reading any real jealousy or hatred at all, they're just having some mild fun at his expense. If he were announcing this guy as a punter for any other college outside of Kansas or Missouri he'd get the same treatment. Sounds like someone has a bit of an elitist attitude there... :Poke:

Mecca
08-22-2006, 06:21 AM
I'm not reading any real jealousy or hatred at all, they're just having some mild fun at his expense. If he were announcing this guy as a punter for any other college outside of Kansas or Missouri he'd get the same treatment. Sounds like someone has a bit of an elitist attitude there... :Poke:

Well if you were a fan of the team you'd understand. This board and virtually anyone who isn't a fan of USC has done nothing but bash everything USC related for the last year. It's quite apparent alot of people are jealous of the success they are having.

Take this board for example.....people have jumped all over Leinart and Bush for nothing. The random comments about how USC "cheats". Alot of people just can't accept that USC would slap their little teams around all while playing fairly. Hey it isn't their fault kids would rather go play in LA than in Iowa and Missouri and Kansas.

chagrin
08-22-2006, 06:30 AM
Well if you were a fan of the team you'd understand. This board and virtually anyone who isn't a fan of USC has done nothing but bash everything USC related for the last year. It's quite apparent alot of people are jealous of the success they are having.

Take this board for example.....people have jumped all over Leinart and Bush for nothing. The random comments about how USC "cheats". Alot of people just can't accept that USC would slap their little teams around all while playing fairly. Hey it isn't their fault kids would rather go play in LA than in Iowa and Missouri and Kansas.

I know, I was poking fun at ya; that's why I made sure to use the icon. I didn't know people accused them of cheating though. I have a slight dislike of USC but not because of their overall success, it's because they spanked my Wolverines a few years back, pretty bad too. I was so pissed, the BCS screwed us over in that one. We all knew USC would spread out and kill our defense.

But that's just me. As a Louisiana native, I am excited to see Reggie in New Orleans, it will be very very good for them.

Bob Dole
08-22-2006, 06:37 AM

Yeah...what with them being National Champs and all.

:rolleyes:

Mecca
08-22-2006, 06:40 AM
I know, I was poking fun at ya; that's why I made sure to use the icon. I didn't know people accused them of cheating though. I have a slight dislike of USC but not because of their overall success, it's because they spanked my Wolverines a few years back, pretty bad too. I was so pissed, the BCS screwed us over in that one. We all knew USC would spread out and kill our defense.

But that's just me. As a Louisiana native, I am excited to see Reggie in New Orleans, it will be very very good for them.

I'm sure there are numerous people that post here that think USC is paying thier players or giving them things. USC has back to back #1 recruiting classes, with several 5 star guys already commited for next year.

When you have the type of success USC is having then turn it into getting almost any player you want in the country in recruiting people tend to get a little jealous of what you're doing. Winning breeds jealousy, which in turns breeds hate.

Brock
08-22-2006, 07:15 AM
I'm sure there are numerous people that post here that think USC is paying thier players or giving them things.

why on earth would anyone think such a thing?

Jim Jones
08-22-2006, 10:58 PM
K-State probably does too - hell you'd have to pay me to go to that dump.