PDA

View Full Version : Rate my two FF teams...

The Bad Guy
08-21-2006, 12:00 AM
We had to keep one player from last year. Because my team was completely injured last year, I had to keep Kevin Jones.

It's a typical, 10-team league. Start 3 wrs, 1 te, 2 rbs, 1 QB. Standard scoring.

I had the 8th pick.

Here is my team with round in ()

QBs- Daunte Culpepper (5), Brett Favre (11), Phillip Rivers (16)
RBs- Willis McGahee (1), Kevin Jones (fran), Reggie Bush, (3), Frank Gore (6), T.J. Duckett (15)
WRs- Anquan Boldin (2), Darrell Jackson (4), Lav. Coles (8) Reggie Brown (10), Eric Moulds (13), Koren Robinson (17), Doug Gabriel (18)
TEs- Chris Cooley (7), Vernon Davis (9)
K- Shayne Graham (14), Sebastian Janikowski (20)
Def- Ravens (12), Eagles (19)

2nd draft is a little different.

12 team league. Similar scoring. Start 2 Wrs instead of 3.

I had LJ and LT last year, won the league. I could only keep one so I kept LJ and let LT go.

I had the first pick.

QBs- Marc Bulger, Kurt Warner, Brian Griese
RBs- LJ, Tiki Barber, Ahman Green, Laurence Maroni, Travis Henry
WRs- Chris Chambers, Santana Moss, Reggie Brown, Michael Clayton, Koren Robinson
TEs- Vernon Davis, Courtney Anderson
K- David Akers, Rob Bironias
Def- Giants, Chiefs

Thoughts on both?

I know my 2nd team is stronger, but the dynamic of the first league is different. I think Bush is going to be a huge stud for a long time for my first team.

DaKCMan AP
08-21-2006, 03:16 AM
Both teams are fairly solid. Frank Gore could be a nice surprise and Duckett is a nice pickup in the 15th. Good WRs and D and I think Culpepper will have a productive season.

Second team is good as well. I'm not crazy about Bulger, but if Warner stays healthy and starts, he could put up numbers.

The Bad Guy
08-21-2006, 12:47 PM
Both teams are fairly solid. Frank Gore could be a nice surprise and Duckett is a nice pickup in the 15th. Good WRs and D and I think Culpepper will have a productive season.

Second team is good as well. I'm not crazy about Bulger, but if Warner stays healthy and starts, he could put up numbers.

I'm not crazy about Bulger either, but I put QB down the priority list and I do think Warner will put up great numbers.

Thanks for the reply.

Dave Lane
08-21-2006, 02:58 PM
I'd have keep LT with the OL line problems and conservative play I think LJs numbers are going to be way down.

Dave

Hydrae
08-21-2006, 03:04 PM
You have Koren Robinson on both teams. Why?

Yeah, I like your second team better but both are workable.

jspchief
08-21-2006, 03:06 PM
I tihnk your first team is pretty bad, but I'm not a fan of McGahee

Iowanian
08-21-2006, 03:07 PM
Since Koren Robinson was arrested for drunk driving and whatnot, and will likely be suspended or cut....you may want to rethink that spot on both teams. I don't really like your running backs in particular on the first team.

given the 10-12 player issues, I think your 2nd team is stronger.

Cormac
08-21-2006, 03:08 PM
Who did you use the 1st pick on, in your 2nd team? Tiki?

You've got it made with the second team. I'm not a big fan of the Culpepper/MacGahee combo on the 1st team. But, hey?

ct
08-21-2006, 03:21 PM
We had to keep one player from last year. Because my team was completely injured last year, I had to keep Kevin Jones.

It's a typical, 10-team league. Start 3 wrs, 1 te, 2 rbs, 1 QB. Standard scoring.

I had the 8th pick.

Here is my team with round in ()

QBs- Daunte Culpepper (5), Brett Favre (11), Phillip Rivers (16)
RBs- Willis McGahee (1), Kevin Jones (fran), Reggie Bush, (3), Frank Gore (6), T.J. Duckett (15)
WRs- Anquan Boldin (2), Darrell Jackson (4), Lav. Coles (8) Reggie Brown (10), Eric Moulds (13), Koren Robinson (17), Doug Gabriel (18)
TEs- Chris Cooley (7), Vernon Davis (9)
K- Shayne Graham (14), Sebastian Janikowski (20)
Def- Ravens (12), Eagles (19)

Tough keeping KJ as your franchise player, pretty early for him, although he just might produce near that level if Martz' offense catches on quick. Very nice recovery with McGahee, Bush, and Gore! Excellent RB corp! Not sure what you were thinking with your WRs, but K-Rob is a wasted pick, even that late. Dude ain't gonna play.

QBs - not stellar, but serviceable
RBs - no true top line RB, but excellent group overall.
WRs - Good #1,2, and then 3 possibilities for your 3rd guy. Overall I like it.
TEs - Excellent!
Ks and Def are solid as well.

Good team, will be very competitive!

2nd draft is a little different.

12 team league. Similar scoring. Start 2 Wrs instead of 3.

I had LJ and LT last year, won the league. I could only keep one so I kept LJ and let LT go.

I had the first pick.

QBs- Marc Bulger, Kurt Warner, Brian Griese
RBs- LJ, Tiki Barber, Ahman Green, Laurence Maroni, Travis Henry
WRs- Chris Chambers, Santana Moss, Reggie Brown, Michael Clayton, Koren Robinson
TEs- Vernon Davis, Courtney Anderson
K- David Akers, Rob Bironias
Def- Giants, Chiefs

Thoughts on both?

I know my 2nd team is stronger, but the dynamic of the first league is different. I think Bush is going to be a huge stud for a long time for my first team.

QBs - Outstanding, provided they stay healthy. Big concern with injury history on all 3. But surely, 1 of them will be healthy at any given time?
RBs - How did you get LJ and Tiki? Not sure on Ahman Green, but I like Maroney a lot!
WRs - You just had to take K-Rob didn't ya? Kinda weak here, as I'm not excited about Santana this year, better hope Brown or Clayton come up big.
TEs - eh...don't like Vernon as your 1st option, gonna take him awhile to really push Johnson aside (unless he sprains his pinkie toe again).
K/D - eh...

I know you like your 2nd team better, and your QBs and RBs just might carry you, but I honesly like your 1st team better. As it should be though, with only 10 vs. 12 teams. I reallly think you need another WR in team 2, trade Santana and Green for another top WR would be my 1st move. Too many other options in Washington, and Green's injury is far from a certainly he'll be productive every again.

Duck Dog
08-21-2006, 03:44 PM
Your second team is monstrous without saying. But I don't get the McGahee pick at number 8. I know he's high on some mock drafts but you're going to hate him. His 1200 yards last season were way over shadowed by his meager 5 TDs. I used him last season behind LJ and Edge during bye weeks (and only after Holms went down). I'd say he belongs as a #2 HB at best.

The Bad Guy
08-21-2006, 06:34 PM
Thanks for all the replies guys.

I will also say I hate McGahee, but he was all that was left at 8. I could have taken Fitzgerald, Owens, Holt, but all, and I mean all stud runners, were gone.

I also drafted K-Rob BEFORE this problem. Once we can add or cut, I will do that.

I think Culpepper will do very, very well as long as he's recovered. They are running his old OC's offense from Minnesota (the Rams HC right now).

I'm leery of making preseason trades until I see some action on the field. I won the team 2 league with two waiver receivers last year so I don't put a whole lot of stock in them.

The only RBs left after McGahee were Westbrook and Dom Davis. I have zero faith in the latter of the two.

Thanks again for the feedback.