PDA

View Full Version : WOW!!!

Over-Head
08-21-2006, 11:10 AM
I'm sitting here looking at the pic's of the wife's ultra sound this morning.
Even though I saw the screen while it was going on, I still can't believe this little set of black and white pic's will be my son or daughter in just 4 1/2 months.
I know lot's of you Dad's/Fathers here on the planet have gone through this before, but man what a feeling I have today.:)ROFL:)

Glad I took the day off to savor it with the Mrs.

As good as I feel now, I can only imagine how I'll feel the day when my child is born :thumb:

Mr. Laz
08-21-2006, 11:12 AM
how's my boy doin?

pr_capone
08-21-2006, 11:13 AM
how's my boy doin?
ROFL

J Diddy
08-21-2006, 11:13 AM
Good deal.
Trust me, you can't even imagine.
The joy is unimaginable.

Was this a regular ultrasound or one of them newfangled 3d colorized things.

CoMoChief
08-21-2006, 11:15 AM
It'd be kinda cool if he has a 3rd arm like that baby in China.

Stinger
08-21-2006, 11:17 AM
As good as I feel now, I can only imagine how I'll feel the day when my child is born :thumb:

No words can describe that miracle.

Enjoy the time you and your wife have together because these last few months go by quick and your time together as husband and wife drastically change once the new moniker of Parents is entered into.

chagrin
08-21-2006, 11:18 AM
Time to go smoke a bowl and celebrate.

seriously though, Continued congratulations and good thoughts for you and your soon-to-be baby. :)

Simplex3
08-21-2006, 11:20 AM
Yeah, after all the hustle and bustle around the birth settled down and I was alone with our first I remember very, very clearly the first thing that I thought when looking down at her:

Holy crap. They're going to send me home with this. WTF? Nobody checked to see if I know what the hell I'm doing. They didn't make me take any classes or anything. Man, they really DO just let anybody have one of these...

bogie
08-21-2006, 11:20 AM
Savor the moment, because soon you'll be in HELL ON EARTH!!!

j/k Do savor the moment though.

bogie
08-21-2006, 11:24 AM
I just noticed you already have a child. You already know what I'm talkin' about. Congrats on #2 (is it two?) you're a better man than I.

Stinger
08-21-2006, 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by SimplexDad
Holy crap. They're going to send me home with this. WTF? Nobody checked to see if I know what the hell I'm doing. They didn't make me take any classes or anything. Man, they really DO just let anybody have one of these...

I believe we all thought that same thing. After delevery and your in the hospital while the wife recovers you have nurses and help at your disposal, but it really hit my wife and I with our first when they checked us out of the hospital and we straped our new child into the carseat to leave the hospital, and that look of reality hit and we looked at each other like "Oh MY God what did we just do" ROFL . We laugh about it now but the 2000lb weight of responsiblity hits hard.

Reminds me of an Married with Children episode. Something like - Have to have a license to drive a car, get married, operate machinery but no license to have kids.

Over-Head
08-21-2006, 11:36 AM
Time to go smoke a bowl and celebrate.

seriously though, Continued congratulations and good thoughts for you and your soon-to-be baby. :)

Thank you, and already did :thumb: been saving some BC Hydro for about 3 weeks now for today ROFL

booyaf2
08-21-2006, 11:37 AM
Here's my story on it. We went in to check the heartbeat on our first child around 2-3 months. the nurse and doctor couldn't find a heartbeat. doc says not to worry, but i'm sending you down to get a sonogram. of course my wife freaks out and is a crying mess. we go down to the sonogram room and the nurse sets it all up. she's looking around as we watch the screen and then says, hold on for a minute while i get our new intern. two more nurses show up and they go through all the motions again. now i'm freaking out. finally i ask if theres a heartbeat and she says yes. whew, what a relief. says the heart beat is around 140 i think iirc. then says the second heartbeat is around 135. wtf, theres 2 of them in there? now my wife goes from crying to crying in joy. quite a day that i'll never forget.

Over-Head
08-21-2006, 11:37 AM
I just noticed you already have a child. You already know what I'm talkin' about. Congrats on #2 (is it two?) you're a better man than I.
Nope, this is the first.

Over-Head
08-21-2006, 11:39 AM
Here's my story on it. We went in to check the heartbeat on our first child around 2-3 months. the nurse and doctor couldn't find a heartbeat. doc says not to worry, but i'm sending you down to get a sonogram. of course my wife freaks out and is a crying mess. we go down to the sonogram room and the nurse sets it all up. she's looking around as we watch the screen and then says, hold on for a minute while i get our new intern. two more nurses show up and they go through all the motions again. now i'm freaking out. finally i ask if theres a heartbeat and she says yes. whew, what a relief. says the heart beat is around 140 i think iirc. then says the second heartbeat is around 135. wtf, theres 2 of them in there? now my wife goes from crying to crying in joy. quite a day that i'll never forget.

So far everything is "text book" they tell us.
4months and 3 days along. length perfect, weight 9 oz's
Doc says everything A-OK

HemiEd
08-21-2006, 11:48 AM
Nope, this is the first.

Kids are over-rated. Grand kids rock!

ZepSinger
08-21-2006, 11:49 AM
I sat in the dr's office with my wife on all 3 daughter's initial ultrasounds. I wouldn't have missed it for the world! The first time ever to see my babies. It's what life's all about, man.

Z

chiefqueen
08-21-2006, 11:52 AM
4 & 1/2 months--------Is your wife going to induce on 12/30 so your child can become a mega-millionnaire like Tiger & Lebron (both have 12/30 birthdays)?

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Simplex3
08-21-2006, 11:59 AM
So far everything is "text book" they tell us.
4months and 3 days along. length perfect, weight 9 oz's
Doc says everything A-OK
How have they determined it isn't a Raiders fan alread?

Oh, they could probably see that it wasn't in handcuffs when they did the sonogram.

Rain Man
08-21-2006, 12:07 PM
I sat in the dr's office with my wife on all 3 daughter's initial ultrasounds. I wouldn't have missed it for the world! The first time ever to see my babies. It's what life's all about, man.

Z

I thought life was about football.

big nasty kcnut
08-21-2006, 02:02 PM
Awesome overhead now just wait till it come out and then you'll be teaching him or her about how french canadien suck and chief planet is a great site to learning to read.