PDA

View Full Version : Grade this fantasy team and a question

Hound333
08-23-2006, 06:54 AM
Ok here is the team I ended up with. First save here is that its an auto-pick league (there are usually two kids at home and I don't have a few hours to do a live draft like I would rather do)

QB McNabb
QB Bledsoe
RB LJ
RB Steven Jackson
RB C. Taylor
WR A. Boldin
WR Darrell Jackson
WR Lee Evans
WR I. Bruce
WR Mark Clayton
TE T. Heap
TE D. Clark
K J. Elam
Def Seattle
Def Washington

I like my starting RB's but I am a bit worried that Taylor is unproven and my ony back-up. Since I picked second I have a low wavier and since I only keep one def until the week I need a back up I will be dropping washington for an extra RB. My choices are Dominic Rhodes, Ahman Green, or Cedric Benson. Who should I take a chance on?

Edit: because of the question regarding WR I went to see who was available. Not much really. Sin. Moss or Sant. Holmes both rookies are the best looking prospects for extra depth.

Mile High Mania
08-23-2006, 06:58 AM
Pretty good for an 'auto pick' draft. I think Taylor is good for you at #3, he could be huge this season. WR depth is questionable, but overall not a bad group.

Brock
08-23-2006, 06:58 AM
Definitely not Ahman Green.

Hound333
08-23-2006, 07:00 AM
ya, I have my thoughts on depth but I was pretty happy with this team for autopick. Only thing I am worried about with taylor is that he's unproven. He could blow up. I just hate question marks at the RB position when it comes to fantasy.

patteeu
08-23-2006, 07:15 AM
Looks damn good to me, especially for an autopick. You have nothing to complain about here. :)

I think I'd go with Dominic Rhodes as the backup RB with the idea that if he has a few good games early he might be trade bait (I'm assuming he will be the starter on opening day here).

chagrin
08-23-2006, 07:15 AM
It sucks, you're doomed

chop
08-23-2006, 07:33 AM
Your team looks ok. Your receivers would make me a little nervous though. I think you mean Darrell not Darnell.

I would probably go with Benson but it's a tough call between him and Rhodes because I still don't know who is actually going to start on those teams. If I had decide today I would lean towards Benson because of the upside.

Cormac
08-23-2006, 07:52 AM
Looks like a good team to me. Your RBs couldn't be better. Chester Taylor could have a huge year behind that line.

I think Washington could be the better D of the two.

And, any news on Darrell Jackson. Somebody kept saying at my draft that he has a degenerative knee condition. Anybody know if there is any truth to this?

Tough call on the RB to pick up. Maaaybe I'd take Benson, but he'll need a hot start to become a viable starter.

Duck Dog
08-23-2006, 07:58 AM
Taylor is good #3 HB. he's a real sleeper, feast or famine type pick. MN has a beast of an OL, so his upside is nice.

Mile High Mania
08-23-2006, 08:18 AM
I'd drop WAS for Benson at this point.

Hound333
08-23-2006, 09:12 AM
ya i was torn between bensen and rhodes but after looking him up I am a bit worried about darrell and his knee. O well, I have a few days to think it over. Thanks guys.

ct
08-23-2006, 09:27 AM
I like your team overall, wouldn't be too concerned with Chester as your backup. But I like to have at least 2 solid backup RBs. Rhodes and Benson both would make a pretty nice backup. Little worried about your WRs too. DJ's knee is a problem, then you've got Evans and Bruce to fill in, who may look fine with overall season stats, but are likely to be very inconsistent.