PDA

View Full Version : Human prey - what's your price?

Rain Man
08-23-2006, 12:15 PM
Assume that you get invited to a party with a rich industrialist. It's in one of those mansions where there's lots of white marble and chandeliers and statues, and servants in French maid outfits serving pizza and Ritz crackers on 18th-century Dresden china.

You enjoy the party, wow the crowd by playing the beginning to Styx's "Come Sail Away" on the piano, and all is going well until you begin to feel an uncomfortable heaviness in your bladder area as a result of all the 1924 Chateau de Rothschild that you've been snarfing.

You head upstairs to the bathroom, but you can't find it. Wandering from room to room, you pick up a candlestick so that you don't have to turn on all the lights while you look. Suddenly you come upon the Billiards Room, and it's a gruesome, gory murder scene. There's a body in the room.

You call 911, and when the police show up, they conclude that the murderer was you, in the Billiards Room, with a Candlestick. Everyone else has an alibi, and you get sent to a Texas State Prison for a sentence of 30 years (25 with good behavior).

Once in prison, you get a job in the laundry and mind your own business other than occasionally scamming women on the outside to give you conjugal visits. On your exercise times, you begin running laps and sprints, and you are able to maintain your current conditioning level.

One night, late in the wee hours, you get a visitor. It's the warden, and he's offering you a deal. Some wealthy Texas hunters want to hunt and kill a human. The warden says that if you live, he'll get you a new identity and pay you an amount of money to be specified, and you'll go free. If you die, your head will be mounted on a wall at their secret Texas club headquarters. If you turn them down, you'll continue to serve your sentence as if nothing ever happened.

The rules are this:

1. You get to pick the accessories that the hunters get. The more armed they are, the more money you get if you live.

2. There are four hunters unless otherwise specified. They are very experienced hunters and outdoorsmen.

3. You get a 45-minute head start, and they can't watch you leave.

4. The course is 150 miles long and 10 miles wide. You can't leave the course.

5. If you cross the line anywhere at the 150 mile mark, you win.

6. The terrain is a mixture of light to moderate forest and open pastures, mixed randomly. It's moderately hilly.

7. All weapons and equipment are at the 95th percentile in quality.

What option do you take?

booyaf2
08-23-2006, 12:18 PM
Is Rich Scanlon one of the hunters? If so I do my time and don't take chances.

In all seriousness, I saw a movie like this once. I believe I could survive it.

Halfcan
08-23-2006, 12:18 PM
Stay in prison.

Chiefnj
08-23-2006, 12:21 PM
Easy. The hunters get pen knifes as weapons and no form of transportation other than their own 2 bare feet. I could care less about the money, as soon as I cross the 150 mile marker I'm a free man and can exact my revenge on the Rich industrialist who sang Come Sail Away off key and served me 1924 Chateau de Rothschild that turned to vinegar.
oops- I typed my answer before it was a poll.

burt
08-23-2006, 12:22 PM
Assume that you get invited to a party with a rich industrialist. It's in one of those mansions where there's lots of white marble and chandeliers and statues, and servants in French maid outfits serving pizza and Ritz crackers on 18th-century Dresden china.

You enjoy the party, wow the crowd by playing the beginning to Styx's "Come Sail Away" on the piano, and all is going well until you begin to feel an uncomfortable heaviness in your bladder area as a result of all the 1924 Chateau de Rothschild that you've been snarfing.

You head upstairs to the bathroom, but you can't find it. Wandering from room to room, you pick up a candlestick so that you don't have to turn on all the lights while you look. Suddenly you come upon the Billiards Room, and it's a gruesome, gory murder scene. There's a body in the room.

You call 911, and when the police show up, they conclude that the murderer was you, in the Billiards Room, with a Candlestick. Everyone else has an alibi, and you get sent to a Texas State Prison for a sentence of 30 years (25 with good behavior).

Once in prison, you get a job in the laundry and mind your own business other than occasionally scamming women on the outside to give you conjugal visits. On your exercise times, you begin running laps and sprints, and you are able to maintain your current conditioning level.

One night, late in the wee hours, you get a visitor. It's the warden, and he's offering you a deal. Some wealthy Texas hunters want to hunt and kill a human. The warden says that if you live, he'll get you a new identity and pay you an amount of money to be specified, and you'll go free. If you die, your head will be mounted on a wall at their secret Texas club headquarters. If you turn them down, you'll continue to serve your sentence as if nothing ever happened.

The rules are this:

1. You get to pick the accessories that the hunters get. The more armed they are, the more money you get if you live.

2. There are four hunters unless otherwise specified. They are very experienced hunters and outdoorsmen.

3. You get a 45-minute head start, and they can't watch you leave.

4. The course is 150 miles long and 10 miles wide. You can't leave the course.

5. If you cross the line anywhere at the 150 mile mark, you win.

6. The terrain is a mixture of light to moderate forest and open pastures, mixed randomly. It's moderately hilly.

7. All weapons and equipment are at the 95th percentile in quality.

What option do you take?

Rain man, you are partaking of sedateds stash again, haven't you???......

el borracho
08-23-2006, 12:23 PM
Why didn't I just piss in the coat closet like I usually do?

Rain Man
08-23-2006, 12:26 PM
I'm too pretty for prison, and I'm not good at hiding from skilled hunters. However, if they only get spears, I might be able to pull it off. To heck with the money.

Bob Dole
08-23-2006, 12:27 PM
This is utterly ridiculous.

Murder would have gotten you a death sentence in Texas.

Rain Man
Why didn't I just piss in the coat closet like I usually do?

Bill Clinton was already in there having sex with an overweight dowager.

Fire Me Boy!
How long into my prison sentence am I? And do the hunters get any form of transportation?

Rain Man
08-23-2006, 12:29 PM
This is utterly ridiculous.

Murder would have gotten you a death sentence in Texas.

That is indeed a plot flaw. However, Texas is the only place where you could get your sentence commuted by outrunning hunters of humans, so I had to go with it.

Rain Man
08-23-2006, 12:30 PM
How long into my prison sentence am I? And do the hunters get any form of transportation?

You're four months, three days, and six hours into your sentence. The hunters are on foot unless otherwise specified.

Smed1065
08-23-2006, 12:32 PM
I picked the spears because I get a 45 minute headstart, I should be able to make it. The other options gives up to much to the hunters. Hard to spend $$ if you are mounted on a wall.

Fire Me Boy!
08-23-2006, 12:32 PM
Do I have any equipment, like a compass/food/water/basic weapons for getting food?

patteeu
08-23-2006, 12:33 PM
My first inclination was to give the hunters everything up to, but NOT including, night vision gear for $50,000, but then I realized that in my current shape I'll probably have a hard time outrunning these guys, so I'm going to have to take my chances with spears and hope to find a sugar momma on the outside with my good looks and my new identity.

Iowanian
08-23-2006, 12:34 PM
I've had survival training, spent alot of times in the woods and know how to make some booby traps....pungy stick pits, deadfalls.....

I'm confident I can stay more than 40 yards out of their range(bow range).

$5k gets me a pretty good weekend in Vegas once I"m free.

Rain Man
08-23-2006, 12:34 PM
Do I have any equipment, like a compass/food/water/basic weapons for getting food?

You can have a canteen, and there are a few ponds with fresh water on the course. And the course is directly north/south. But that's it.

Bob Dole
08-23-2006, 12:35 PM

Stop being such a pussy and RUN!

boogblaster
08-23-2006, 12:35 PM
Give me the 100 dollars Ill take on the spear shuckers...Have played with spear-shuckers before... BOOG WON....

Rain Man
08-23-2006, 12:39 PM
While I went with spears only, I think I could conceivably have half a chance of making it up to the ATVs and the dogs. Adding either or both of those things would appear to me to be fatal.

Fire Me Boy!
08-23-2006, 12:39 PM
I went with $35,000 and freedom - Hunters get Rifle with scope. In a fairly open terrain, average person could get 5 miles away just by jogging in 45 minutes. And the adrenaline of running for your life would probably allow you to run faster for a longer period of time. That far away a scope won't make much of a difference and there's no point in wasting ammo if you are shooting into the blue. Especially the limited vision with a scope. Can't give up the binoculars or more... it gives the hunters too much of an advantage.

chagrin
08-23-2006, 12:48 PM
I would select "other"

They get sticks, just regular sticks and I don't receive any money at all.

Fire Me Boy!
08-23-2006, 12:52 PM
chiefs2000... I don't really care about rep, but could you put something in the comments so I at least know if you "approve" or "disapprove"? You're confusing me, man.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=60900&stc=1

rageeumr
08-23-2006, 12:55 PM
Does the hunt continue until you "win" or until you're dead? Is there any kind of a time limit?

Rain Man
08-23-2006, 12:57 PM
No time limit. No one leaves the field until you win or you die.

PastorMikH
08-23-2006, 01:13 PM
I'll take the $250,000 option. That way, when I go Rambo and kill off all the hunters, I have an ATV to ride the last 149 miles to the finish line.

rageeumr
08-23-2006, 01:15 PM
No time limit. No one leaves the field until you win or you die.

In that case, I have to go with the option that pays the most money without alterior transportation ($75,000).

If you have really been running and keeping in shape, you should be able to stay out in front of a group of 4 hunters, even if they are in moderately good shape.

Even a military sniper is pretty useless from more than about 1000 yards (1/2 mile or so), and 45 minutes is more than enough time to get 3 or 4 miles ahead.

Moooo
08-23-2006, 01:20 PM
I'll take the $250,000 option. That way, when I go Rambo and kill off all the hunters, I have an ATV to ride the last 149 miles to the finish line.

Showdown... how confrontational!

Moooo

PastorMikH
08-23-2006, 01:21 PM
Showdown... how confrontational!

Moooo

The trick would be the first hunter. Once I got him, I'd take his equipment and probably just sniper the rest of them.

Iowanian
08-23-2006, 01:24 PM
Who else goes 300 yards makes a hidey hole and takes a good nap, allowing the hunters to pass by, and search in vain as you follow them safely to the end?

additional fun....c2k also wishes to kill me again.

"Human prey - what's you... 08-23-2006 01:45 PM chief2000 You aint funny. FAT LOSER ****. Admit it. You got no life and your a pedophile. Someone will kill you. "

reply.
you're a sissy C U N T.
I'm wondering if someone tried to abort you with a cooter full of Drano, after the whole lead based paint lubricant incident. I anxiously await the day you're so high you try to snort the center line of the hwy into oncoming traffic.

Ne14a40
08-23-2006, 01:25 PM
I'll take the 25 million. with a 45 minute head start, I can run 5 miles in that time, and be half way to the finish. Theres no way they catch up to me after that.

Once its done, I can pick up my weapon, hunt them down, and put their 4 heads up on my mantel.

Moooo
08-23-2006, 01:26 PM
I'll take the 25 million. with a 45 minute head start, I can run 5 miles in that time, and be half way to the finish. Theres no way they catch up to me after that.

Once its done, I can pick up my weapon, hunt them down, and put their 4 heads up on my mantel.

Its 150 miles long... Just thought you'd want to know that.

And now they've got a chopper... :)

PastorMikH
08-23-2006, 01:27 PM

Since when if 5 half of 150?

Ne14a40
08-23-2006, 01:28 PM
ok never mind, forget that. I read it wrong, thought it was 10 miles long.

Now I'll take the first option.

Iowanian
08-23-2006, 01:29 PM
Scout pace.....50 steps at a fast walk....50 steps in a fast jog.

Rain Man
08-23-2006, 01:31 PM
Who else goes 300 yards makes a hidey hole and takes a good nap, allowing the hunters to pass by, and search in vain as you follow them safely to the end?

Would that seriously be your strategy? Or would you try to stay ahead of them? The logical strategy would be to stay ahead of them, but then they'd expect that and be looking for you ahead of them. Being behind them could therefore be effective except for the last few miles, when it would be fraught with peril.

TinyEvel
08-23-2006, 01:32 PM
chiefs2000... I don't really care about rep, but could you put something in the comments so I at least know if you "approve" or "disapprove"? You're confusing me, man.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=60900&stc=1

What's up with "grey" rep? I thought it was green (pos) or red (neg), comment or not.

TinyEvel
08-23-2006, 01:33 PM
Do we have to only run? Or can we pop up on the hunters (Rambo style) and kill them/take their weapon? I'd take the odds on me with an pilfered gun more than spear.

Also, can one of the hunters be Dick Cheney? Then he'd take out the other three for me, in which case I'd take the "plus four hunters coming from the opposite direction" option. He'd take them out.

Rain Man
08-23-2006, 01:34 PM
Any strategy is allowable.

Iowanian
08-23-2006, 01:34 PM
grey rep comes from those arsehats who fornicate with small rodents and frozen poultry.

bRainman....
considering the strategy I mentioned, I think there are many benefits. If they all go east, you go hug the West line and get with it. You keep them in sight, leisurely follow at their pace. You can also wait for one of them to fall asleep, sneak into their camp, mash their brainpan with a boulder, and then have any of their equipment to help complete your journey.

I'd show up at the finish line with 4 scalps and wallets as bonus'.

PastorMikH
08-23-2006, 08:30 PM
This thread deserves a bump 'cause I know that nobody on the evening shift ever make it past the first page.