PDA

View Full Version : Need feedback on alien-themed series on DVD.

Frankie
08-23-2006, 05:41 PM
Last year's two alien-themed series showed up on the fall TV line up only to not make it to their second seasons. I'm talking about "Invasion" and "Threshold." I never got a chance to sample either show. I did sample a third one called "Surface" and I didn't care for it. Now they are all on DVD as complete series. Has anyone on this bb watched either "Threshold" or "Invasion?" If so,

1- Which one is better and why? Are they worth purchasing "The complete Series" box sets?

2- If I purchased them, will I need to have a final episode to make sense of it, or are their episodes independent of an arc type of story?

08-23-2006, 05:47 PM
Threshold and Invasion were great. Threshold only aired 13 episodes and I think they had 5-6 unaired. I will have to check that one out probably.

Invasion kicked a$$ though. I am really disappointed they did not give it another season.

Frankie
08-23-2006, 05:54 PM
Threshold and Invasion were great. Threshold only aired 13 episodes and I think they had 5-6 unaired. I will have to check that one out probably.

Invasion kicked a$$ though. I am really disappointed they did not give it another season.
So which one was better? Would the complete series be worth buying? I would think unless the producers made a "final" episode and included it in the box set, one would be unwise to buy an incomplete story. Don't you think?

Brock
08-23-2006, 07:09 PM
Why doncha just rent them?

Mr. Laz
08-23-2006, 07:12 PM
i liked threshold ... but it might have something to do with my Carla Gugino fetish. :p

ChiefsFanatic
08-23-2006, 08:20 PM
I really like Invasion and Surface. Invasion did not end with a cliffhanger per say, but they did not answer any questions either.

Thank goodness the 4400 got renewed. I hate getting into a series that involves unanswered questions that gets canceled after one season.

Deberg_1990
08-23-2006, 09:29 PM
I actually kind of liked Surface. I only saw about 2 or 3 episodes, but i dug them.

ChiefsFanatic
08-23-2006, 09:50 PM
I actually kind of liked Surface. I only saw about 2 or 3 episodes, but i dug them.

Lake bell was hot.

08-23-2006, 10:20 PM
i liked threshold ... but it might have something to do with my Carla Gugino fetish. :p

She definitley helped. :drool:

08-23-2006, 10:22 PM
So which one was better? Would the complete series be worth buying? I would think unless the producers made a "final" episode and included it in the box set, one would be unwise to buy an incomplete story. Don't you think?

It is hard to say one is better than the other because one of them did not finish the season. If you want the one that is worth the price, buy Invasion. If you want to see unreleased episodes to get closer to an unanswered question, buy Threshold.

Mr. Laz
08-23-2006, 11:02 PM
Threshold season1 (XviD asd) Englishv+NapisyPL

www.torrentportal.com

beer bacon
08-24-2006, 01:12 AM

Invasion started off slow, but really picked up steam. The Sheriff started off as a somewhat very generic/predictable bad guy, but by the end of the season he was a very grayish and likeable guy. It was great.

Too bad the show got canceled.

Frankie
09-28-2006, 12:02 PM
OK, I have to ask the same questions about the show "Supernatural." So I brought up this thread again. Any feedback on "Supernatural?"

Robo-Chachi
09-28-2006, 12:17 PM
OK, I have to ask the same questions about the show "Supernatural." So I brought up this thread again. Any feedback on "Supernatural?"

My wife loves it. She watches most of the sci-fi shows, especially ones with a guy she finds drool over worthy. I've seen a few shows with her and it seems OK. I'm not a sci-fi watcher, but I'd rather watch it than the other things she watches if given the choice.

foxman
09-28-2006, 01:12 PM
Not renewing Invasion was very dissapointing. The way the season ended left me thinking it would be back.