PDA

View Full Version : Warrensburg football is investigated

Fire Me Boy!
08-24-2006, 07:36 AM
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/high_school/15336818.htm

Warrensburg football is investigated

Coach is put on leave, and five players are suspended after incidents at practice.

By COLE YOUNG
The Kansas City Star

Warrensburg High School head football coach Shane Taylor has been placed on administrative leave for a personnel matter, stemming from events that occurred during a practice.

In addition, five players were suspended from the team on Friday for violating school policies, according to a release issued Monday by the school district.

According to an article in the Warrensburg Daily Star-Journal newspaper, an investigation is under way regarding the participants’ violation of School Board Policy 2920. That policy deals directly with hazing and the school’s stance against it. The policy states that participants who do haze other students could be suspended from the team.

The names of the players suspended and the length of the suspension were not released by the school.

“We had an incident that occurred, and we had to hand out some consequences,” Warrensburg athletic director Jason Beavers said Tuesday. “As far as what happened or the duration of the consequences, I can’t discuss that.”

Taylor’s placement on administrative leave is indefinite, but with pay. He is a science and fitness teacher at Warrensburg High School and has been at the school for seven years. He led the Tigers’ football team to a 7-3 record last year.

Numerous phone calls to Taylor’s home on Tuesday were not returned.

Assistant coach Dane Ulrich will take over as the interim coach for the Tigers, who face Jefferson City Helias on Sept. 1 in their season opener.

“We are trying to handle a bad situation as best as we can,” Beavers said. “There won’t be any winners out of this.”

Fire Me Boy!
08-24-2006, 07:37 AM
Damn... I'll bet Beavers is NOT a happy man. Too bad... Shane runs a tight ship (or rather, RAN a tight ship) and Beavers is about as good a dude as there is.