PDA

View Full Version : editing and deleting postings?????

kcsport
08-24-2006, 02:49 PM
Does anyone have a tip on why I can't edit the heading or delete a previous posting? It appears to be edited, buy when I go to save changes, it doesn't take. I emailed "contact us," but it bounced back. Thanks for the help.

DaFace
08-24-2006, 04:35 PM
Does anyone have a tip on why I can't edit the heading or delete a previous posting? It appears to be edited, buy when I go to save changes, it doesn't take. I emailed "contact us," but it bounced back. Thanks for the help.

I don't know the actual time limit, but you are only allowed to edit the title for a few minutes after you post a new thread. It's probably around 30 minutes or so. After that, the title will stay the same in forum regardless of whether you edit it.

Only mods are allowed to delete threads. The best you can do is to delete the content in the first post.

DaFace
08-24-2006, 04:37 PM
For what it's worth, you'd probably get more responses to this type of question in the "Media Center" forum. The "contact us" link seems to be messed up, but there's no clear-cut administrator of the site anymore, so asking in a forum will probably be just as good.

kcsport
08-24-2006, 09:11 PM
Thanks for the tip. I guess it looks like the heading would still be there if the content in the posting gets deleted??? Funny thing is, the content is correct, just not the heading.