PDA

View Full Version : Excitement in the hood....

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
08-25-2006, 06:24 PM
Arrived home from the gym this evening to the sight of my house surrounded by police, news vans, bomb squad...... thought WTF is going on. Had to park 2 blocks away and walk home; turns out that some vacant house down the street had 3 "grenades" in them that turned out to be practice grenades. So they shut down the entire street for 2 hours. I did get to see the cool little bomb robot thing.

Had a news crew ask to interview me; I politely declined because I was in my sweaty gym clothes; tank top and shorts. I told them I did not want people thinking I was your typical white trash guy on the news, just waiting for me to say it sounds like freight train!

mikey23545
08-25-2006, 08:07 PM
I think I would have asked if I could borrow that robot for awhile to make up for your inconvenience...That could be fun to tool around the neighborhood for a little while....

Saulbadguy
08-25-2006, 08:26 PM
What part of Topeka do you live in?

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
08-25-2006, 09:19 PM
I live between 33rd and 35th on Oakley.

I did ask the police if I could play with the robot......... they said no. :cuss:

tommykat
08-25-2006, 09:23 PM
:hmmm:Are you sure you are not living next door to the senator?ROFL Thiefs and bombs!ROFL

Saulbadguy
08-25-2006, 09:27 PM
I live between 33rd and 35th on Oakley.

I did ask the police if I could play with the robot......... they said no. :cuss:
Whoa, man. I used to live there. There was alot of riff raff there, not sure if they are still there. Right next to our house, was a guy who used to use his air tools at 1:00 AM. On the other side was a guy who had a huge pile of sand next to his house at all times.

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
08-25-2006, 09:38 PM
Whoa, man. I used to live there. There was alot of riff raff there, not sure if they are still there. Right next to our house, was a guy who used to use his air tools at 1:00 AM. On the other side was a guy who had a huge pile of sand next to his house at all times.

Hey whats wrong with my pile of sand?! :p

Over the last few months there has been a mass exodus of the bad people in the neighborhood much to my pleasure!

Simply Red
08-25-2006, 09:38 PM
Arrived home from the gym this evening to the sight of my house surrounded by police, news vans, bomb squad...... thought WTF is going on. Had to park 2 blocks away and walk home; turns out that some vacant house down the street had 3 "grenades" in them that turned out to be practice grenades. So they shut down the entire street for 2 hours. I did get to see the cool little bomb robot thing.

Had a news crew ask to interview me; I politely declined because I was in my sweaty gym clothes; tank top and shorts. I told them I did not want people thinking I was your typical white trash guy on the news, just waiting for me to say it sounds like freight train!

wha?

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
08-25-2006, 09:39 PM
:hmmm:Are you sure you are not living next door to the senator?ROFL Thiefs and bombs!ROFL

Ahh probably going to get haranged for this..............

But what the hell are you talking about??

Saulbadguy
08-25-2006, 09:40 PM
Hey whats wrong with my pile of sand?! :p

Over the last few months there has been a mass exodus of the bad people in the neighborhood much to my pleasure!
I lived at 3430. Yellow house with green trim. Hehe.

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
08-25-2006, 09:41 PM
I lived at 3430. Yellow house with green trim. Hehe.

Wow I think the house that had the problem was right next door to the south.

Saulbadguy
08-25-2006, 09:42 PM
Wow I think the house that had the problem was right next door to the south.
Yep. Thats where the pile of sand was. That place was always a drug house IMO. Tons of people in and out all the time. The house to the north was the one where the guy with the air tools lived.

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
08-25-2006, 09:44 PM
Yep. Thats where the pile of sand was. That place was always a drug house IMO. Tons of people in and out all the time. The house to the north was the one where the guy with the air tools lived.

Where do you live now?

I actually live in the 3300 block........ we only had a few problems with 2 houses....... both those families are now gone.

Saulbadguy
08-25-2006, 09:46 PM
Where do you live now?

I actually live in the 3300 block........ we only had a few problems with 2 houses....... both those families are now gone.
I moved west..near 21st and Westport.

Bugeater
08-25-2006, 11:38 PM
In a related story, the last couple weeks I've been renovating a house that was the scene of a standoff a few months ago. The SWAT team bombed the place with tear gas, and apparently they don't really worry about how much damage they do to a place. That had to be some mad drama when that was going on.

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
08-26-2006, 08:03 AM
In a related story, the last couple weeks I've been renovating a house that was the scene of a standoff a few months ago. The SWAT team bombed the place with tear gas, and apparently they don't really worry about how much damage they do to a place. That had to be some mad drama when that was going on.

Did the gas cause the damage or was it the entry into the place?

Bugeater
08-26-2006, 10:14 AM
Did the gas cause the damage or was it the entry into the place?
It was the method of delivery for the gas that caused most of the damage. They have some kind of gun that fires a gas-filled canister into the house. They shot them through nearly every window in the place, we had to replace 48 pieces of glass in the house. They obviously come in with some force too, because the canisters went through the walls opposite the windows in many places.