PDA

View Full Version : Are these ok for my first two picked?

Simply Red
08-25-2006, 09:44 PM
my bad in advance. But; For you FFBL fans as a one(pick)-two(pick): Is Cadillac and Stephen Jackson pretty decent?

icepick64
08-25-2006, 09:58 PM
Both those players are young emerging stud running backs, but to say is this a good pick, it would depend on how early you draft them and who is still on the board.

58-4ever
08-25-2006, 10:00 PM
those are two great picks. How many teams are in your league? 8?

Simply Red
08-25-2006, 10:06 PM
those are two great picks. How many teams are in your league? 8?

yeah. We are small at 10.

Sam Hall
08-25-2006, 10:17 PM
I'd need to know which receivers were still on the board when you picked Jackson. I prefer to go RB-WR in the first two rounds.

Simply Red
08-25-2006, 10:21 PM
I'd need to know which receivers were still on the board when you picked Jackson. I prefer to go RB-WR in the first two rounds.

Please explain the scoring benefits of choosing rb and then a wr as opposed to a rb,rb...

Miles
08-25-2006, 10:24 PM

Jackson is easily a higher pick that any WR.

Sam Hall
08-25-2006, 10:26 PM
Please explain the scoring benefits of choosing rb and then a wr as opposed to a rb,rb...

The best receivers start going off the board in the second round. Maybe your league is different from the ones I've seen.

Sam Hall
08-25-2006, 10:27 PM

Are you kidding? I'd take Steve Smith over Jackson in a heartbeat.

Simply Red
08-25-2006, 10:28 PM

thank you Miles. BTW; Inland will be viewable at the theatres Dec. 2006.

Simply Red
08-25-2006, 10:29 PM
The best receivers start going off the board in the second round. Maybe your league is different from the ones I've seen.

Scoring benefits? Not trends! What are the benefits?

Sam Hall
08-25-2006, 10:30 PM
I'd consider Jackson in the mid to late second round, but I'd prefer an elite receiver if i took a back in the first round. That's my opinion.

Logical
08-25-2006, 10:31 PM
my bad in advance. But; For you FFBL fans as a one(pick)-two(pick): Is Cadillac and Stephen Jackson pretty decent?

Unless you were drafting in the bottom 3 I would not consider those great picks.

Miles
08-25-2006, 10:32 PM
Are you kidding? I'd take Steve Smith over Jackson in a heartbeat.

Unless your scoring system favors RBs Smith is worth around the 10th-12th pick in a 12 team league. Hell Im drafting tomorrow and am thinking of taking Westbrook over him.

Sam Hall
08-25-2006, 10:32 PM
Scoring benefits? Not trends! What are the benefits?

I'd rather take an elite receiver over a second tier back.

Simply Red
08-25-2006, 10:33 PM
I'd consider Jackson in the mid to late second round, but I'd prefer an elite receiver if i took a back in the first round. That's my opinion.

Non-seasoned. But yes, you're entitled to your opinion.

Miles
08-25-2006, 10:34 PM
Unless you were drafting in the bottom 3 I would not consider those great picks.

If you dont' factor in PPR they are very solid. Both first round quality and S Jax could be as high as the #4RB in many drafts this year.

Sam Hall
08-25-2006, 10:37 PM
Non-seasoned. But yes, you're entitled to your opinion.

whatever :rolleyes:

Simply Red
08-25-2006, 10:37 PM

I was 9 out of a league consisting of 10. You'd be a fool not to go RB, RB. Clearly you get to score in more than one way or your chances to score in more than one way are increased. I'm sorry but what is your argument with that being said?

Sam Hall
08-25-2006, 10:39 PM
I agree with taking Cadillac. What pick did you have in the second round?

Simply Red
08-25-2006, 10:42 PM
I agree with taking Cadillac. What pick did you have in the second round?

9 in the first and 12 in the second.

Sam Hall
08-25-2006, 10:45 PM

Yikes. I assume the best receivers were gone. I was thinking that your draft snakes around, giving you a high pick in the second round.

Simply Red
08-25-2006, 10:49 PM
Yikes. I assume the best receivers were gone. I was thinking that your draft snakes around, giving you a high pick in the second round.

It does Sam. It does "Snake Around" I am telling you; Most will select a WR in the third round. But damn I'm tired and I am crashing. It's cool though. We can disagree and still be okay with each other. Miles I'm out.

wutamess
08-25-2006, 11:24 PM
Sam has to be pulling your chain.

Don't mind him... Youdid great picking Jackson and WIlliams.

IMO Jackson is the #4 back.

I don't think Edge is going to be a factor with Arz.'s line and Tiki is getting older and splitting carries.
Portis is hurt already.

Jackson is #4... They're going to run the ball more in StL.

Good picks... Sam...

Leave him alone.
Never take a WR over top RB's.

Top WR should go early to mid 2nd round at best.

Sam Hall
08-25-2006, 11:39 PM
Good picks... Sam...

Leave him alone.
Never take a WR over top RB's.

Top WR should go early to mid 2nd round at best.

Thanks for making my point.

Sam Hall
08-25-2006, 11:48 PM
I think Jackson is overrated. He disappointed me last year. I need to see him have a breakout season before I take a chance on him, regardless of who is coaching.

jspchief
08-26-2006, 05:17 AM
I think it's a great 1st two picks.

IMO, that's why picking later is better. You may not have one clear cut stud, but you probably have the best combined RB duo in your league. It avoids the "all eggs in one basket" situation.

rad
08-26-2006, 07:40 AM
Always go RB, RB.

RB = 20-30 touches a game

WR= MAYBE 10-15 times thrown to a game(not all caught either)

You want the guy who touches the ball more.

WR are too inconsistent to consider in rds. 1 or 2.

Good picks, Red.

ncognito
08-26-2006, 08:17 AM

Solid RB tandem!! In order to really answer you question, need to know where you selected, which pick out of 10?

And BTW, I would pick Jackson over Caddy, even with the Stephen Davis potential thing looming.

EDIT:

Well done Red!

Swanman
08-26-2006, 08:37 AM
Cadillac and Steven Jackson are steller for your top two picks. You got the consensus #4-5 player in the entire league with the 9th or the 12th pick. With those two RBs still on the board, that was the only thing you should have done, unless Peyton Manning was still on the board.

I drafted my girlfriend's team yesterday and Jackson somehow fell to her at #11, so I took Jackson and then Carson Palmer in the second round (14 team league). I waited until the 4th or 5th round to pick up receivers and still ended up with a solid trio of Darrell Jackson, Donald Driver and Terry Glenn and Alge Crumpler at TE. I also somehow picked up Vernon Davis in the 14th round and Michael Vick in the 9th round.

patteeu
08-26-2006, 09:48 AM

Simply Red most likely plays in a fantasy football league with normal scoring as opposed to that game of Polish-rules FF you are into (where you say LJ will go as late as 7th or 8th overall). Unless he's in the top 3, he's got a good set of starting RBs. Conventional wisdom is on the side that says those two guys are both in the top 10-12 RBs. Even if he drafted 10th and 11th, he did pretty well. Moreso if his pick was in the middle of the draft. JFYI, most leagues' scoring systems put a premium on having top notch RBs ahead of all else and Simply Red got 2 of them.

Of course, FF rankings are a matter of opinion and you're entitled to your own no matter how far out on the fringe it is.

Nice job, Simply Red. I hope my first two picks turn out to be as good as yours.

Simply Red
08-26-2006, 01:36 PM
Simply Red most likely plays in a fantasy football league with normal scoring as opposed to that game of Polish-rules FF you are into (where you say LJ will go as late as 7th or 8th overall). Unless he's in the top 3, he's got a good set of starting RBs. Conventional wisdom is on the side that says those two guys are both in the top 10-12 RBs. Even if he drafted 10th and 11th, he did pretty well. Moreso if his pick was in the middle of the draft. JFYI, most leagues' scoring systems put a premium on having top notch RBs ahead of all else and Simply Red got 2 of them.

Of course, FF rankings are a matter of opinion and you're entitled to your own no matter how far out on the fringe it is.

Nice job, Simply Red. I hope my first two picks turn out to be as good as yours.

Yeah, A couple out of the ten owners were pretty much rookies. So. it helped the selection of my tandem. I even picked up Greg Jones late in the third as well as Cedric Benson. Cinci "D" as well as Jack "D" also Vander jerk! as my PK and Carson, Carr, as QB receivers=Bouldin,Porter,D.Bennet, and TJ Housh. So not sure but I think I faired okay. Thanks for all the feedback considering these type of threads are flooding the planet.

Simply Red
08-26-2006, 01:51 PM

It did snake Sam. I meant; I was pick twelve overall.