PDA

View Full Version : Lisrening to John Clayton today on the radio... no more love for the CHIEFS!

chiefsfan1963
08-26-2006, 11:27 PM
He's picking the BRONCO'S AND THE Chargers to make the playoffs this year out of the AFC West. LJ and the Chiefs will need that chip on their shoulder to prove the Media wrong once again! We shall see.

keg in kc
08-26-2006, 11:28 PM
Good, we generally don't do that well when we're a popular pick.

KC Jones
08-26-2006, 11:44 PM
Good, we generally don't do that well when we're a popular pick.

That's because, generally we don't do well. Unless you go back to '93 that is, but 13 years of no playoff wins is quite a stretch.

TrickyNicky
08-26-2006, 11:50 PM
Does anyone else think John Clayton looks like a kid with Progeria?

Mecca
08-26-2006, 11:51 PM

He looks like the teacher from saved by the bell, Mr Dewey I think his name was.

Sam Hall
08-26-2006, 11:56 PM
The man looks like a dork. At least he isn't Mark Schlereth :donks: :homer:

Mr. Flopnuts
08-27-2006, 12:04 AM

I do. I keep waiting for the announcement that he's really 12 years old and being on ESPN was his Make a Wish.

Terribilis
08-27-2006, 12:05 AM
I really wanted to post claytons pic side by side with a kid that has progeria, but i figured i would get banned and go to hell.... but they do look almost identical...

Bugeater
08-27-2006, 12:05 AM
I think he looks like Egghead Jr.
http://www.petcaretips.net/egghead.gif

Bob Dole
08-27-2006, 12:11 AM
Listening to the NFL channel on Sirius this afternoon, one wouldn't even realize that KC had a game tonight. They went into their 2 Minute Drill segment and mentioned everything BUT the Chiefs/Rams game.

Grrrr...

Frazod
08-27-2006, 12:40 AM
I think he looks like Egghead Jr.
http://www.petcaretips.net/egghead.gif

I was going to say Tweety Bird, but this works too. :D

chrisdel
08-27-2006, 01:36 AM
Can't blame him. We looked like crap in the first two pre-season games and we lost a big part of our offense in Willie Roaf. Rams game tonight gives me a tad bit of hope, though.

Bob Dole
08-27-2006, 01:43 AM
Can't blame him. We looked like crap in the first two pre-season games and we lost a big part of our offense in Willie Roaf. Rams game tonight gives me a tad bit of hope, though.

There was a game tonight? WTF???

chrisdel
08-27-2006, 02:11 AM
There was a game tonight? WTF???

Is that supposed to be funny?

Bob Dole
08-27-2006, 02:15 AM
Is that supposed to be funny?

Bob Dole posted on another thread. The Sirius NFL channel mentioned every other game (and the broadcast channels) earlier today, but failed to mention the KC game.

chrisdel
08-27-2006, 02:19 AM
Bob Dole posted on another thread. The Sirius NFL channel mentioned every other game (and the broadcast channels) earlier today, but failed to mention the KC game.

Gotcha. My bad.

chiefsfan1963
08-27-2006, 04:45 PM
you wouldn't know that the Chiefs won 10 games last year if you checked out the sports media. No respect. Hopefully it will motivate the players and coaches this year.

|Zach|
08-27-2006, 04:47 PM
He's picking the BRONCO'S AND THE Chargers to make the playoffs this year out of the AFC West. LJ and the Chiefs will need that chip on their shoulder to prove the Media wrong once again! We shall see.
Once again?

When have we proved them wrong...they usually say we are pretty mediocre at we give them just that.

I am not sure why the national media would be behind this team.

|Zach|
08-27-2006, 04:48 PM
you wouldn't know that the Chiefs won 10 games last year if you checked out the sports media. No respect. Hopefully it will motivate the players and coaches this year.
Why would the media slobber over a team who didn't make the playoffs?

Mecca
08-27-2006, 04:49 PM

That's because of you look at the Chiefs from an outside point of view the Chiefs look worse than they did last year. If you say anything about the defense being better they're gonna go "I'll believe it when I see it we've heard all this before". Then they'll point out the lack of WR's the loss of Roaf being replaced by a guy who hasn't played in 2 years.

Honestly if you weren't a fan of this team and looked at it from an outsider view you'd think they were a worse team.

Demonpenz
08-27-2006, 04:51 PM
same stuff when priest broke the td record no love for him but when sean alexander does it they all eat the guacamole out of his ass.

stevieray
08-27-2006, 04:51 PM
That stuff used to bother me, but now I really don't care what the media thinks, mainly because they care more about making the player bigger than the game.

|Zach|
08-27-2006, 04:53 PM
same stuff when priest broke the td record no love for him but when sean alexander does it they all eat the guacamole out of his ass.
There was Holmes love literally everywhere...I don't think Alexander has gotten that much praise for what he did...

GoodDaySir!
08-27-2006, 04:53 PM
What exactly have the Chiefs done to be deserving of respect?

donkhater
08-27-2006, 04:57 PM
It has nothing to do with the Chiefs. It's their business to provide fans with information and their opinion. Oddly, fans seem to think their opinion matters.

These guys know that if they say,"We know nothing yet because preseason doesn't matter" they will be relegated to obituary duty for 4 weeks. So they try to prognosticate and naturally none of them ever stick their necks out (why should they? No one remembers their picks anyway) and go by what they see in preseason. KC hasn't looked impressive, so no one is picking them. Color me uninterested. Why isn't anyone else?

Chieftain58
08-27-2006, 05:00 PM
He looks like the martian guy off the Flinstones - Kazoo or something like that

Demonpenz
08-27-2006, 05:02 PM
There was Holmes love literally everywhere...I don't think Alexander has gotten that much praise for what he did...

I don't see priest with an espy.

Mecca
He looks like the martian guy off the Flinstones - Kazoo or something like that

The great Gazoo?

milkman
Why would the media slobber over a team who didn't make the playoffs?

I couldn't answer that, but we could ask the Chargers.

I agree with you overall, that the Chiefs haven't earned any respect, but I do question why the media slobbers all over the Chargers.

Remember, last year they were the best team EVAH to not make the playoffs.

Never mind the fact that they finished 3rd in the division behind the Chiefs.

Deberg_1990
08-27-2006, 05:09 PM

I agree with you overall, that the Chiefs haven't earned any respect, but I do question why the media slobbers all over the Chargers.

From an outsider perspective, there is absolutely no reason other than Larry Johnson to slobber the Chiefs knobs. We are what we are: "Perfectly mediorce" and have been for several years.

munkey
08-27-2006, 05:09 PM
The man looks like a dork. At least he isn't Mark Schlereth :donks: :homer:

Mark Schlreth....God my wife dated him in school (Idaho St.)....:Lin:

She claims they were just friends....right. I wish I could post the pic if him...

Mecca
08-27-2006, 05:10 PM

The Chargers will get slobbed on because they have Tomlinson, Gates and Shawne Merriman who thinks he's better than the guys at ESPN do, that guy's a tool.

milkman
08-27-2006, 05:15 PM
From an outsider perspective, there is absolutely no reason other than Larry Johnson to slobber the Chiefs knobs. We are what we are: "Perfectly mediorce" and have been for several years.

Again, I don't disagree.

My point is that the Chargers have been equally as mediocre, and I can't understnd the knob slobberin' the media gives them.

Deberg_1990
08-27-2006, 05:16 PM
This thread is hilarious.....I can almost gurantee you that if you went to any teams message board there would be a similiar thread on all of them. At one point or another, every teams fans feel they get slighted.

milkman
08-27-2006, 05:16 PM
The Chargers will get slobbed on because they have Tomlinson, Gates and Shawne Merriman who thinks he's better than the guys at ESPN do, that guy's a tool.

And with all that talent, they still haven't done any more than the Chiefs in the last 4 years.

Baby Lee
08-27-2006, 05:22 PM
So, bottom line, how many regular season wins does this pronouncement cost us?

|Zach|
08-27-2006, 05:31 PM
I don't see priest with an espy.
Congratulations on being the only one to ever watch the Espy's.

chiefsfan1963
08-27-2006, 06:49 PM
That's because of you look at the Chiefs from an outside point of view the Chiefs look worse than they did last year. If you say anything about the defense being better they're gonna go "I'll believe it when I see it we've heard all this before". Then they'll point out the lack of WR's the loss of Roaf being replaced by a guy who hasn't played in 2 years.

Honestly if you weren't a fan of this team and looked at it from an outsider view you'd think they were a worse team.

i agree,but what about teams like the chargers? they didn't make the playoffs either and got their asses handed to them when they last played us. my point is wer're getting passed up by other teams that have not proved anything as of yet. at least we won ten games last year, and we were a very decent offense the last 5 years.

08-27-2006, 06:55 PM

This is not a new viewpoint from the national media this year. I would rather be overlooked anyway. Easier to sneak up on teams.

Psyko Tek
08-27-2006, 07:04 PM
I was going to say Tweety Bird, but this works too. :D

do you think tweety is egghead SR?

Bowser
08-27-2006, 07:08 PM
I thought he looked like Mr. Mackey.

"The Chargers and Broncos are good, mmmmmmkay? The Chiefs won't be in the playoffs, mmmmmmkay?"

Demonpenz
08-27-2006, 07:21 PM
Congratulations on being the only one to ever watch the Espy's.

Spin spin spin j/k :)

Mecca
08-27-2006, 10:36 PM
i agree,but what about teams like the chargers? they didn't make the playoffs either and got their asses handed to them when they last played us. my point is wer're getting passed up by other teams that have not proved anything as of yet. at least we won ten games last year, and we were a very decent offense the last 5 years.

See what happens is, due to the fact that most of the key contributors on offense are pretty old. The Chiefs look like the aging team that could falter at anytime due to the age of the offense. The Chargers on the other hand aren't an old team so they'll be viewed as the "young ascending team" putting them ahead of the Chiefs.

Add in that San Diego has a better defense than we do as far as what is "known". San Diego also has more "sexy players" on it's roster which will help in their coverage and opinion.

But in the end I think it boils down to this.....We're not an elite team in most outsiders views we downgraded in our coaching staff and downgraded personell wise.

chiefsfan1963
08-27-2006, 11:40 PM
See what happens is, due to the fact that most of the key contributors on offense are pretty old. The Chiefs look like the aging team that could falter at anytime due to the age of the offense. The Chargers on the other hand aren't an old team so they'll be viewed as the "young ascending team" putting them ahead of the Chiefs.

Add in that San Diego has a better defense than we do as far as what is "known". San Diego also has more "sexy players" on it's roster which will help in their coverage and opinion.

But in the end I think it boils down to this.....We're not an elite team in most outsiders views we downgraded in our coaching staff and downgraded personell wise.

just got to see the ram game, and what I saw was a better Chief team than last year that is only going to get better.

sport's media is completely missing the boat here. enjoy the ride.

htismaqe
08-28-2006, 08:12 AM

San Diego has more sexy players and that's about it.

As for them having a better defense, I think they have more sexy players. They're great against the run, but HORRIBLE against the pass. In THE important statistic, they were 13th to our 16th and managed to give up 34 TD's to our 36.

Mecca
08-28-2006, 08:14 AM
San Diego has more sexy players and that's about it.

As for them having a better defense, I think they have more sexy players. They're great against the run, but HORRIBLE against the pass. In THE important statistic, they were 13th to our 16th and managed to give up 34 TD's to our 36.

They're pass defense is brutal......but everyone forgets that because it's all about Shawne Merriman. I think Cromartie will be an outstanding player, not this year though.