PDA

View Full Version : Just watched first quarter of Rams game and. . .

mac58
08-27-2006, 10:34 PM
damn I was impressed on both sides of the ball. . .

Our oline looked real good. .
LJ was a nutbag
ronnie cruz was looking good

Our Defense looked great. . .

derrick Johnson was everywhere. . .
Tamba Hali putting on the pressure. . .
Ron Edwards Looks good. . .

special teams Dante had a nice return. . .

Megbert
08-27-2006, 10:36 PM
Jaycie Pearson looks like the love child of Marcus Allen and Tiger Woods.

I agree with your take on the game so far.

Chieftain58
08-27-2006, 10:37 PM
Eddie Kennison looks good

mac58
08-27-2006, 10:38 PM
Eddie Kennison looks good

i was just gonna add that to my thread.. . .

this game has really given me a positive outlook for the season

Hammock Parties
08-27-2006, 10:39 PM
Pass protection was much better this week.

Mecca
08-27-2006, 10:40 PM
I hope someone cuts a decent FB we can sign.......Ronnie Cruz is horrid at blocking stretches and sweeps.

mac58
08-27-2006, 10:42 PM
im still not sold on Sammie Parker. . .hopefully he proves me wrong this year. . .

Hammock Parties
08-27-2006, 10:43 PM
He will.

Mecca
08-27-2006, 10:43 PM
im still not sold on Sammie Parker. . .hopefully he proves me wrong this year. . .

He doesn't look to bad but then again, the rest of the WR's look really really horrible.

Hammock Parties
08-27-2006, 10:48 PM
Kennison looks good but yes, everyone else sucks. Very disappointing.

OnTheWarpath15
08-27-2006, 10:49 PM
How many potential blocks did Weigmann just miss on that 2nd and goal sweep left?

Yuck.

milkman
08-27-2006, 10:49 PM
In case it hasn't been said enough, Dee Brown sucks.

Mecca
08-27-2006, 10:53 PM
When the cuts start rolling out.....the Chiefs better be looking at QB,FB,WR..Oline considering how bad those backups are, and basically anything on defense in general.

Hammock Parties
08-27-2006, 10:56 PM
Keyaron Fox didn't play with the starters at all that I can tell. HERM IS A LIAR!

mac58
08-27-2006, 10:56 PM
and Jared Allen is a maniac. . .

RealSNR
08-27-2006, 10:59 PM
Keyaron Fox didn't play with the starters at all that I can tell. HERM IS A LIAR!Herm lied, players' careers died

Spicy McHaggis
08-27-2006, 11:01 PM
the rest of the WR's look really really horrible.

Just finished watching the game again and I can't agree more. I can't imagine Ricky Proehl or Kevin Johnson being much worse. Hopefully somebody decent gets cut from another team or one of the young guys steps up in the last game.

Mecca
08-27-2006, 11:02 PM
Charles Rogers and Donte Stallworth baby.......hell I'll take them both.

Tribal Warfare
08-27-2006, 11:06 PM
Keyaron Fox didn't play with the starters at all that I can tell. HERM IS A LIAR!

FWIW, it didn't look like Bell was on the field much either

Hammock Parties
08-27-2006, 11:11 PM
He was out there for at least the first two possessions.

KcMizzou
08-27-2006, 11:14 PM
I'm in the "excited about Samie Parker" camp. I think he's going to have a really nice season.

RealSNR
08-27-2006, 11:22 PM
Charles Rogers and Donte Stallworth baby.......hell I'll take them both.You would.

Rogers sucks.

CoMoChief
08-27-2006, 11:24 PM
The Chiefs played significantly better this game than the previous 2. Having that said...

1. Our pass rush from the front 4 still needs alot of work, though it was nice to finally see Hali out there. He looked okay for it being his first game.

2. Lets not forget that the Rams are an terrible football team. Bulger makes Plummer-like decisions and holds onto the ball too long. They will finish 3rd in the shit division of the NFCW.

3. This is preseason, but it was nice to see the Chiefs improve from the previous 2 games. We still need to be able to win on the road. We have never been able to do that consistantly in the past 5 seasons. It even got to the point where Dick Vermeil always thought we had no chance of winning in Denver before we even played the game. Thats not what someone would call motivational verbiage. We need to win on the road.

4. Pollard and Page need to play more. They need to start as does Fox.

CoMoChief
08-27-2006, 11:24 PM
You would.

Rogers sucks.

Rogers is good, he's just injured all of the time.

Mecca
08-27-2006, 11:25 PM
You would.

Rogers sucks.

Have you seen the Chiefs WR's.......he may suck but he's a better option than what we have. Like I said before, you aren't going to pull some stud player off of the cut lists who has no issues but he's still a better option than what we have now. Worth the risk in my opinion if he could ever realize his potential then it's a steal.

jynni
08-28-2006, 01:25 AM
Have you seen the Chiefs WR's.......he may suck but he's a better option than what we have.
What's Fourth Down Freddie up to these days?

'Cause yeah...after Kennison/Parker/Hall, the rest look like crap. And Hall shouldn't even be playing WR too much...

ROYC75
08-28-2006, 06:41 AM
The Chiefs played significantly better this game than the previous 2. Having that said...

1. Our pass rush from the front 4 still needs alot of work, though it was nice to finally see Hali out there. He looked okay for it being his first game.

2. Lets not forget that the Rams are an terrible football team. Bulger makes Plummer-like decisions and holds onto the ball too long. They will finish 3rd in the shit division of the NFCW.

3. This is preseason, but it was nice to see the Chiefs improve from the previous 2 games. We still need to be able to win on the road. We have never been able to do that consistantly in the past 5 seasons. It even got to the point where Dick Vermeil always thought we had no chance of winning in Denver before we even played the game. Thats not what someone would call motivational verbiage. We need to win on the road.

4. Pollard and Page need to play more. They need to start as does Fox.

Ditto ....... Esp. # 2 !!!!!!!

Add in a # 5, it was 1st home game ( Arrowhead, not on the road ) for the team, a good showing was neccesary for the local fans.

NashvilleRock.net
08-28-2006, 07:31 AM
Ditto ....... Esp. # 2 !!!!!!!

Add in a # 5, it was 1st home game ( Arrowhead, not on the road ) for the team, a good showing was neccesary for the local fans.

I hate to continue to pour water on the enthusiasm but I have yet to see anyone note that Torry(sp?) Holt and Isaac Bruce weren't even playing, making the Rams completely one-dimensional.

sedated
08-28-2006, 07:57 AM
FWIW, it didn't look like Bell was on the field much either

he was out there, just as invisible as last year.

seriously, when is this guy gonna be benched?

Cruz looked good in pass protection and runs up the middle, but got nothing to the outside.

Wesley still sucks ass. please start Pollard. if your safety is going to make rookie mistakes, he could at least be a rookie (with the potential to kill somebody)

Kennison will have a great year. I'm calling Pro-Bowl right now. Parker looked good too.

but the Lambs suck elephant nutz. they should go 5-11, but they play in the NFC, so they will probably go 8-8.

Mecca
08-28-2006, 07:59 AM
If Eddie Kennison makes the probowl I'll eat my shoe. They only take 4, to many good WR's in this conference for him to make it.

MyChiefConcern
08-28-2006, 08:38 AM
Ronnie Cruz is not good at the sport of football.

Re: Samie Parker

I don't know how anyone can watch the first half of action and not come away impressed with his play. He absolutely abused St. Louis' corners all night long.

I think it was GoChiefs that said this earlier, and I agree wholeheartedly: Everything about Parker screams "breakout year."

We may not have a Johnson/Houshmenzadeh or Harrison/Wayne combo, but if Parker can get open like he did during the Rams game with some sort of consistency, the passing game shouldn't miss a beat...even if the offense is more conservative.

htismaqe
08-28-2006, 08:51 AM
Cruz looked good in pass protection and runs up the middle, but got nothing to the outside.

That's really all that we need him to do, because according to most here, we're reverting back to Cro-Mag football anyway...