PDA

View Full Version : Dreams

luv
08-29-2006, 09:51 AM
I've always wondered about dreams. I know they are your subconscious sending messages to your conscious mind.

I kept having these weird dreams last night. I went to bed at 2:45, woke up at 4, again at 5:30, again at 7:15, again at 9, then finally just got up at 10:30. I don't remember what the dreams were about, but I remember thinking, "That was weird," each time I woke up.

Anyone have any dreams that still stick out in their mind? I had one when I was little that really scared me at the time. I dreamed that I was in a puppet show, only I was real. It was a haunted house, and all of these monster puppets kept coming to life and chasing me.

Hammock Parties
08-29-2006, 09:54 AM
I had a really freaky one the other day.

It involved baseball, Samuel L. Jackson, and me working with several Chiefs at a magazine. Turned out I was Will Svitek, and I was interviewing Eddie Kennison, who was really nervous. I had to tell him to calm down. Later on, for no apparent reason, I became Dustin Colquitt.

Vicente Padilla also appeared.

greg63
08-29-2006, 10:01 AM
I've had really weird dreams where I was in public in nothing but my underwear. LMAO

booyaf2
08-29-2006, 10:02 AM
When I was young, I had the same nightmare over and over. Go ahead and laugh cause I realize its funny. Some guy in an aqua suit was always chasing me around a grocery store. I'd like to get my hands on that SOB sometime.

greg63
08-29-2006, 10:06 AM
When I was young, I had the same nightmare over and over. Go ahead and laugh cause I realize its funny. Some guy in an aqua suit was always chasing me around a grocery store. I'd like to get my hands on that SOB sometime.

Let us know when ya get to the funny part. :p

j/k

luv
08-29-2006, 10:06 AM
The dreams I really hate are the ones that are so good and seem so real. I wake up, but I try to get right back to sleep in hopes that the same dream will continue. Seems like the only ones that do are the weird ones or the bad ones.

morphius
08-29-2006, 10:07 AM
I used to do some lucid dreaming, but if I tried to do anything more then fly I would normally wake up. But hey, flying is one of the coolest things you can do in your dream.

Jilly
08-29-2006, 10:15 AM
I used to dream that I was eating a meal in the house I grew up in (I dreamed this from 5 yrs through high school), and while I was eating (I was always wearing a princess hat, one of the cone ones), a black panther would shoot in the screen garage door...and then I would wake up.

sedated
08-29-2006, 10:42 AM
I used to dream that I was eating a meal in the house I grew up in (I dreamed this from 5 yrs through high school), and while I was eating (I was always wearing a princess hat, one of the cone ones), a black panther would shoot in the screen garage door...and then I would wake up.

like...a black militant?

BucEyedPea
08-29-2006, 10:54 AM
Growing up I regularly had this dream that I was falling through what seemed like a sky but it had mixed swirling colors...then a phone booth would appear as well as Superman and he'd save me. LOL! Wonder what that meant?

Anyhow, do you know that you can turn off dreams or nightmares by taking some vitamin B1? I use it and it works.

jiveturkey
08-29-2006, 10:57 AM
Try taking melatonin.

It will take you dreams to a scary place. :fire:

Scaga
08-29-2006, 11:00 AM
Was it a dream where you see yourself standing in sort of sun-god robes on a pyramid, with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at you?

Chris Knight - "Real Genius"

Halfcan
08-29-2006, 11:00 AM
I dream of the Chiefs winning the SB-every single night.

Eleazar
08-29-2006, 11:02 AM
Ages ago I tried to quit smoking using the patch, and if I went to bed with that thing on, I would have horrifying nightmares without fail, every night. Sure enough I looked on the box and something to that effect was listed as a rare side effect.

These weren't, have a bad day nightmares, these were sweating and trying to wake up but you can't, you sit on the couch watching TV after that because you don't want to go back to sleep.

Tatertot13
08-29-2006, 11:04 AM
I have a reoccurring dream of myself and Blanch from the Golden Girls engaged in the 69.

greg63
08-29-2006, 11:11 AM
I used to do some lucid dreaming, but if I tried to do anything more then fly I would normally wake up. But hey, flying is one of the coolest things you can do in your dream.

I've only done that a couple of times, but it was pretty cool.

penchief
08-29-2006, 11:13 AM
I had just pulled the rip cord on my parachute after bailing from some unknown plane. The sense of relief I felt must have resulted from an anxiety that preceded my dream-consciousness. Suddenly, out of nowhere, I was startled by a dwarf clown that had plummeted from above and floated directly in front of me. I was amazed that he was able to fall at my speed considering that he was not wearing a parachute. He stared directly at me with his clown-painted face and said not a word. Then he let out a very sinister laugh which scared the hell out of me. But at the very moment that fear shot through my body the dwarf clown plummeted to the ground screaming something that I couldn't make out.

luv
08-29-2006, 11:16 AM
Growing up I regularly had this dream that I was falling through what seemed like a sky but it had mixed swirling colors...then a phone booth would appear as well as Superman and he'd save me. LOL! Wonder what that meant?

Anyhow, do you know that you can turn off dreams or nightmares by taking some vitamin B1? I use it and it works.
I've been taking a multi-vitamin and a Vitamin B supplement (the liquid kind that you put under your tongue). I've been feeling better. Still having weird dreams though.

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-29-2006, 11:17 AM
I used to have nightmares that I would get stuck working on a pig farm. I would wake up in the middle of the night all sweaty and my finger would stink!:shrug:

Iowanian
08-29-2006, 11:20 AM
you wake up clicking your mouse, not knowing why?

Enough with the snickered flirting....just call mooo and have him come over and service your undercarraige already.

Moooo
08-29-2006, 11:21 AM
I've been taking a multi-vitamin and a Vitamin B supplement (the liquid kind that you put under your tongue). I've been feeling better. Still having weird dreams though.

That's B12. Still very good for energy, but don't let the B part fool you into thinking its the same stuff. B1 is also known as Thiamine. I didn't find any info concerning the B1 helping someone sleep, but that's not to say it won't.

I did read that it helps convert calories into energy, so maybe taking some before bed would help provide a greater overnight fast.

Moooo

luv
08-29-2006, 11:22 AM

Enough with the snickered flirting....just call mooo and have him come over and service your undercarraige already.
:eek:

:hmmm:

With a name like Moooo, maybe I stand a chance.

Scaga
08-29-2006, 11:26 AM
I used to have nightmares that I would get stuck working on a pig farm. I would wake up in the middle of the night all sweaty and my finger would stink!:shrug:

Dude...just how big IS your wife?

:p

j/k

sedated
08-29-2006, 11:26 AM
whenever I get drunk and pass out at my buddy's house, I always dream I'm running backwards through a corn field

Eleazar
08-29-2006, 11:33 AM

ROFL

DanT
08-29-2006, 11:47 AM
Before graduate school, where I was pretty good about going to class and doing all my homework and so on, I used to have that classic dream where tomorrow there's a final in a class you hadn't attended all term and the book is hundreds of pages long, full of difficult material. In other words, I used to dream I was in college.

luv
08-29-2006, 11:48 AM
Before graduate school, where I was pretty good about going to class and doing all my homework and so on, I used to have that classic dream where tomorrow there's a final in a class you hadn't attended all term and the book is hundreds of pages long, full of difficult material. In other words, I used to dream I was in college.
Anxiety can cause some weird dreams.

08-29-2006, 11:53 AM
Anxiety can cause some weird dreams.
I had some sleep walking/memory loss problems when I would get drunk sometimes..but never weird dreams/nightmares.

morphius
08-29-2006, 11:55 AM
There was a point in HS that I would dream about school or work. Flying around the hallways got to be boring so I actually learned to ignore the dreams. It was pretty odd, it was like listening to the TV right before you are about to fall asleep. I couldn't see the picture, I couldn't understand the words, though I knew the dream was there.

luv
08-29-2006, 11:58 AM
I was having a dream where someone was sitting on top of me. I had my eyes closed. It felt like they started writing something on my face with a paintbrush. I tried to open my eyes, but I couldn't. Then, I woke up. Or at least I thought I did. I looked around the room, but when I tried to move my arms or legs, or when I tried to sit up or roll over, I couldn't. It felt like someone was sitting on top of me and holding me down. It really freaked me out. I talked to a friend about it, and they gave me this link.

http://www.stanford.edu/~dement/paralysis.html

It described exactly what I felt. It was the weirdest thing that's ever happened to me.

Jilly
08-29-2006, 12:24 PM
whenever I get drunk and pass out at my buddy's house, I always dream I'm running backwards through a corn field

Was Isaac chasing after you???