PDA

View Full Version : FBI MOSTED WANTED!!!!

Halfcan
08-29-2006, 11:14 AM
Warren Steed Jeffs-Morman leader with 80 wives and 250 kids has been caught!!!!

Busted in Las Vegas on a traffic stop. He was #1 since 2005 when he became a fugitive.

Do you think it is okay to have 80 wives???

jiveturkey
08-29-2006, 11:16 AM
80 wives would suck. Can you imagine behing told how to do something 80 different ways?

If I was him I would have turned myself in.

KcMizzou
08-29-2006, 11:16 AM
Warren Steed Jeffs-Morman leader with 80 wives
Sounds like the poor bastard's been punished enough.

Halfcan
08-29-2006, 11:18 AM
Sounds like the poor bastard's been punished enough.

ROFL Yep that is for sure.

eChief
08-29-2006, 11:18 AM
Warren Steed Jeffs-Morman leader with 80 wives and 250 kids has been caught!!!!

Busted in Las Vegas on a traffic stop. He was #1 since 2005 when he became a fugitive.

Do you think it is okay to have 80 wives???

I have found it sufficient to have only one. I don't think I could afford more than one anyway.

Halfcan
08-29-2006, 11:21 AM
It is a breaking story-I am sure someone will post the video when it becomes available-the guy looks like Bill Gates. His bitches I mean wives, could not do anything without asking him first.

He molested his own kids too.

jiveturkey
08-29-2006, 11:22 AM
It is a breaking story-I am sure someone will post the video when it becomes available-the guy looks like Bill Gates. His bitches I mean wives, could not do anything without asking him first.

Do you let your wife do anything without asking?

He'll be taught a real life molestation lesson in the not so distant future.

StcChief
08-29-2006, 11:23 AM
Vegas....little far from Utah. yeah.. Wanted man. Live in the states????

80 wives. even by then that variety would get old.

greg63
08-29-2006, 11:24 AM
Can you imagine having eighty back seat drivers?

greg63
08-29-2006, 11:25 AM

That is truly sick.

JBucc
08-29-2006, 12:07 PM
He molested his own kids too.I was about to say that having 80 Wives doesn't seem like something that would warrant being #1 on the most wanted list. Has he ever killed anyone too?

Wile_E_Coyote
08-29-2006, 12:10 PM
how many years did it take him to concieve 250 kids with 80 wifes

morphius
08-29-2006, 12:10 PM
I was about to say that having 80 Wives doesn't seem like something that would warrant being #1 on the most wanted list. Has he ever killed anyone too?
I believe he also set up children to be molested by others as well.

When I first heard the reports I thought the same thing you did, how does that get you to be in the top 10?

luv
08-29-2006, 12:11 PM
80 wives would be expensive. That's a lot of action though. Still, 80 wives. I think one wife with PMS would be bad enough. :)

tk13
08-29-2006, 12:13 PM
I was about to say that having 80 Wives doesn't seem like something that would warrant being #1 on the most wanted list. Has he ever killed anyone too?
He "married" off underage girls, and also has some underage sex charges against himself as well.

StcChief
08-29-2006, 12:17 PM
This guy needs some 'bighouse time' ...Bend over.

Your now a receiver

Jilly
08-29-2006, 12:33 PM
80 husbands? That got me thinking....I'm not sure it would be half bad.

luv
08-29-2006, 12:34 PM
:hmmm:

I like the way you think.

:)

Tribal Warfare
08-29-2006, 12:35 PM
Where's a link for this story?

ChiefsOne
08-29-2006, 12:37 PM
:hmmm:

I like the way you think.

Instead of the Houston 500, you could have the luv80.

ChiefsKing
08-29-2006, 01:16 PM
How could he have time to do that? Can you imagine 80 wives going through PMS at the same time?

luv
08-29-2006, 01:25 PM
How could he have time to do that? Can you imagine 80 wives going through PMS at the same time?
I'm sure they weren't all on the sme menstrual cycle.

Halfcan
08-29-2006, 01:32 PM

Unless it was football season.

Halfcan
08-29-2006, 01:34 PM
Where's a link for this story?

I can barely type, spell, and chew gum at the same time or I would hook it up. It is a pretty sick story how this guy manipulated these women.

I have trouble finding ONE good women, let alone 80. :banghead:

Jilly
08-29-2006, 01:37 PM
Unless it was football season.

Are you kidding? That'd be the best....I'd never have to get my own beer, I'm sure there would be plenty of brats to go around... and I'm betting at least ONE of their teams wins, which means good news for me later!

Halfcan
08-29-2006, 01:40 PM
Are you kidding? That'd be the best....I'd never have to get my own beer, I'm sure there would be plenty of brats to go around... and I'm betting at least ONE of their teams wins, which means good news for me later!

Wow, you sound like the perfect women-sign me up. I think you can get 80 no prob talking like that-lol

Saulbadguy
08-29-2006, 01:42 PM
I'm sure they weren't all on the sme menstrual cycle.
Actually, it's been shown that women, when together for long periods of time, will naturally adjust their menstrual cycles so they are at the same time.

In old jewish settlements, the men used to send the women who were PMSing to a seperate hostel outside of the town where they would have to remain until they were done being bitchy.

luv
08-29-2006, 01:44 PM
Actually, it's been shown that women, when together for long periods of time, will naturally adjust their menstrual cycles so they are at the same time.

In old jewish settlements, the men used to send the women who were PMSing to a seperate hostel outside of the town where they would have to remain until they were done being bitchy.
I'm surprised they ever saw them again. :)

Saulbadguy
08-29-2006, 01:46 PM
I'm surprised they ever saw them again. :)
Where else would they go?

Halfcan
08-29-2006, 01:48 PM
How did this FBI thread get turned into a Tampon thread???

Jilly
08-29-2006, 01:51 PM
How did this FBI thread get turned into a Tampon thread???

no shit....all of a sudden it was all intellectual, interrupting my 80 husban ds fantasy....

- I'd learn to be an expert at Madden
- I'd definitely have enough knowledge for the FF draft
- I'm sure one would be a metrosexual and could go shopping for me to pick out my clothes since I hate it.

Oh the list goes on forever...

UTChief
08-29-2006, 01:52 PM
He is not a Morman he is from Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of laterday saints There is a difference, he use to be a morman untill he was excamunicated. morman religion dont practice poligamy.

Halfcan
08-29-2006, 01:54 PM
He is not a Morman he is from Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of laterday saints There is a difference, he use to be a morman untill he was excamunicated. morman religion dont practice poligamy.

On the show Big Love-arn't they Mormans? I thought all Morman had a couple of wives..

Pitt Gorilla
08-29-2006, 01:56 PM

He molested his own kids too.They had something like this on Dateline a couple of years ago. Some small town out that direction had dudes that had many wives and mollested their kids. Their excuse was that the kids belonged to them, much like animals do. It was difficult to watch. Of course, everything was ok because God said it was cool.

Halfcan
no shit....all of a sudden it was all intellectual, interrupting my 80 husban ds fantasy....

- I'd learn to be an expert at Madden
- I'd definitely have enough knowledge for the FF draft
- I'm sure one would be a metrosexual and could go shopping for me to pick out my clothes since I hate it.

Oh the list goes on forever...

You better pass that idea past your current fiance or husband first-he might not like the idea of 79 other guys in the same bed-lol

bkkcoh
no more than 80 mother-in-laws, nope way too many..... :banghead:

Halfcan
08-29-2006, 01:58 PM
[QUOTE=Pitt Gorilla]They had something like this on Dateline a couple of years ago. Some small town out that direction had dudes that had many wives and mollested their kids. Their excuse was that the kids belonged to them, much like animals do. It was difficult to watch. Of course, everything was ok because God said it was cool.[/

I think I saw that-did they have the kids grown up and telling their stories?? Pretty sad deal-the kids were passed around like hookers. The abuse went on for their entire childhood.

Pitt Gorilla
08-29-2006, 02:00 PM
[QUOTE=Pitt Gorilla]They had something like this on Dateline a couple of years ago. Some small town out that direction had dudes that had many wives and mollested their kids. Their excuse was that the kids belonged to them, much like animals do. It was difficult to watch. Of course, everything was ok because God said it was cool.[/

I think I saw that-did they have the kids grown up and telling their stories?? Pretty sad deal-the kids were passed around like hookers. The abuse went on for their entire childhood.
Yeah, one of his daughters was with the Dateline people. I guess she was able to escape. Anyway, she went back and confronted her dad. The whole thing made me ill.

vailpass
08-29-2006, 02:02 PM

There is an investigative reporter here in Phoenix who has been writing on the misdeeds of Wareen Jeffs & the evil deeds of his organization for years. What is your response to this article he wrote earlier this year? I'll quote part of it here then paste a link in case you wish to read the entire piece.

From phoenixnewtimes.com
Originally published by Phoenix New Times 2006-05-25
©2005 New Times, Inc. All rights reserved.

It Practices What They Preach

Cast into the spotlight by fugitive polygamist Prophet Warren Jeffs, the mainstream Mormon Church's trying to distance itself from its infamous cousin
By John Dougherty

And if he have ten virgins given unto him by this law, he cannot commit adultery, for they belong to him, and they are given unto him; therefore is he justified.
-- Joseph Smith's 1831 revelation on marriage and polygamy as currently published in the mainstream Mormon Church's Doctrine and Covenants, Section 132, Verse 62

The 12 million-strong Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is desperately seeking to disassociate itself from its uncomfortable polygamist underpinnings.

The mainstream Mormon church has been thrust into the spotlight worldwide because of the unlawful flight from justice of polygamist leader Warren Steed Jeffs, and church leaders in Salt Lake City are emphasizing loud and long that they have no connection to the fugitive.

Earlier this month, Jeffs, 50, was placed on the FBI's Ten Most Wanted list for fleeing from Arizona and Utah prosecutors who have filed criminal charges related to his performing so-called spiritual marriages of underage girls to already-married men in his fanatical sect -- the 10,000-member Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints based in Colorado City, Arizona, and adjoining Hildale, Utah.

The FBI's action has generated international interest in the practice of polygamy by the fundamentalist Mormons scattered across the Rocky Mountain West, from Canada to Mexico. In one cable news report, CNN superimposed Jeffs' face in front of the LDS temple in Salt Lake City, giving viewers the impression that Jeffs is a member of the mainstream Church.

"This is not just careless editing, but highly offensive to members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints," states a May 10 LDS press release posted on the church's Web site. "Warren Jeffs is not and never has been a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints."

The LDS release claimed that the church has no connection to polygamy.

The statement quoted LDS President Gordon B. Hinckley as saying in 1998: "I wish to state categorically that this Church has nothing whatever to do with those practicing polygamy. They are not members of this Church. Most of them have never been members. They are in violation of the civil law. If any of our members are found to be practicing plural marriage, they are excommunicated, the most serious penalty the Church can impose."

These statements give the clear impression that the LDS does not support any form of polygamy, and that polygamy is not part of current church doctrine.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

The reality is, many mainstream Mormons believe, the LDS would reinstitute polygamy -- which was practiced by members of the official church from the 1830s into the early 20th century -- if it had the legal power.

Jeffs and his band of hard-core polygamists are providing the public with chilling insight into the abuses of the practice, the most alarming of which is the sexual predation of underage girls. That both branches of the Mormon religion share the same polygamist roots is something the LDS leaders would rather not see exposed.

Both the LDS and the FLDS are based on the spiritual "revelations" of Mormon Church founder and prolific polygamist Joseph Smith. Smith's bedrock religious principle is polygamy, which is described in detail in Section 132 of the Doctrine and Covenants.

One verse of Section 132 is printed above. Others are directed at Smith's first wife, Emma. She is warned that if she doesn't accept Smith's plural wives, "she shall be destroyed." The admonition to Emma is considered by anti-polygamy activists as a warning to all Mormon women that, if necessary, they must accept polygamy or face hellfire.

The fact that Section 132 remains official Mormon doctrine has been a rallying point for anti-polygamy groups whose leaders bitterly complain that the LDS has provided no support, financial or otherwise, in their efforts to assist women and children who have been victimized by fundamentalist Mormons.

"[LDS] Mormons are trying to present a picture of the traditional family and yet they still have Section 132 in their scripture," notes Vicki Prunty, executive director of the Salt Lake City-based Tapestry Against Polygamy. "They have not denied the belief system that propagates polygamy. Until they do so and treat women as equals, we are going to continue to have the same fallout and abuses."

The LDS has provided little, if any, financial assistance to youth discarded by the polygamists, known as the "Lost Boys," or to desperate mothers who frequently face difficult and expensive legal battles to secure custody of their children.

Instead of providing help to people who, like its members, were brought up on the teachings of Mormon founder Joseph Smith, the LDS do not officially admit that fundamentalist Mormon polygamists even exist....
(cont'd.)

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/Issues/2006-05-25/news/dougherty_print.html

UTChief
08-29-2006, 02:04 PM
On the show Big Love-arn't they Mormans? I thought all Morman had a couple of wives..

I know what you are refering to they call them selfs fundamentalist mormans I think. but the morman religion use to have poligamy back in the Brigham young and Joseph Smith days because of all the prosicution alot of the men were killed so the familys were brough into other familys and merryed them. When it started to get out of hand the churck Quit this practice and made it wrong, this guys ansesters didn't like this and split off moving to arizina and started their own church.

UTChief
08-29-2006, 02:12 PM
There is an investigative reporter here in Phoenix who has been writing on the misdeeds of Wareen Jeffs & the evil deeds of his organization for years. What is your response to this article he wrote earlier this year? I'll quote part of it here then paste a link in case you wish to read the entire piece.

From phoenixnewtimes.com
Originally published by Phoenix New Times 2006-05-25
©2005 New Times, Inc. All rights reserved.

It Practices What They Preach

Cast into the spotlight by fugitive polygamist Prophet Warren Jeffs, the mainstream Mormon Church's trying to distance itself from its infamous cousin
By John Dougherty

And if he have ten virgins given unto him by this law, he cannot commit adultery, for they belong to him, and they are given unto him; therefore is he justified.
-- Joseph Smith's 1831 revelation on marriage and polygamy as currently published in the mainstream Mormon Church's Doctrine and Covenants, Section 132, Verse 62

The 12 million-strong Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is desperately seeking to disassociate itself from its uncomfortable polygamist underpinnings.

The mainstream Mormon church has been thrust into the spotlight worldwide because of the unlawful flight from justice of polygamist leader Warren Steed Jeffs, and church leaders in Salt Lake City are emphasizing loud and long that they have no connection to the fugitive.

Earlier this month, Jeffs, 50, was placed on the FBI's Ten Most Wanted list for fleeing from Arizona and Utah prosecutors who have filed criminal charges related to his performing so-called spiritual marriages of underage girls to already-married men in his fanatical sect -- the 10,000-member Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints based in Colorado City, Arizona, and adjoining Hildale, Utah.

The FBI's action has generated international interest in the practice of polygamy by the fundamentalist Mormons scattered across the Rocky Mountain West, from Canada to Mexico. In one cable news report, CNN superimposed Jeffs' face in front of the LDS temple in Salt Lake City, giving viewers the impression that Jeffs is a member of the mainstream Church.

"This is not just careless editing, but highly offensive to members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints," states a May 10 LDS press release posted on the church's Web site. "Warren Jeffs is not and never has been a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints."

The LDS release claimed that the church has no connection to polygamy.

The statement quoted LDS President Gordon B. Hinckley as saying in 1998: "I wish to state categorically that this Church has nothing whatever to do with those practicing polygamy. They are not members of this Church. Most of them have never been members. They are in violation of the civil law. If any of our members are found to be practicing plural marriage, they are excommunicated, the most serious penalty the Church can impose."

These statements give the clear impression that the LDS does not support any form of polygamy, and that polygamy is not part of current church doctrine.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

The reality is, many mainstream Mormons believe, the LDS would reinstitute polygamy -- which was practiced by members of the official church from the 1830s into the early 20th century -- if it had the legal power.

Jeffs and his band of hard-core polygamists are providing the public with chilling insight into the abuses of the practice, the most alarming of which is the sexual predation of underage girls. That both branches of the Mormon religion share the same polygamist roots is something the LDS leaders would rather not see exposed.

Both the LDS and the FLDS are based on the spiritual "revelations" of Mormon Church founder and prolific polygamist Joseph Smith. Smith's bedrock religious principle is polygamy, which is described in detail in Section 132 of the Doctrine and Covenants.

One verse of Section 132 is printed above. Others are directed at Smith's first wife, Emma. She is warned that if she doesn't accept Smith's plural wives, "she shall be destroyed." The admonition to Emma is considered by anti-polygamy activists as a warning to all Mormon women that, if necessary, they must accept polygamy or face hellfire.

The fact that Section 132 remains official Mormon doctrine has been a rallying point for anti-polygamy groups whose leaders bitterly complain that the LDS has provided no support, financial or otherwise, in their efforts to assist women and children who have been victimized by fundamentalist Mormons.

"[LDS] Mormons are trying to present a picture of the traditional family and yet they still have Section 132 in their scripture," notes Vicki Prunty, executive director of the Salt Lake City-based Tapestry Against Polygamy. "They have not denied the belief system that propagates polygamy. Until they do so and treat women as equals, we are going to continue to have the same fallout and abuses."

The LDS has provided little, if any, financial assistance to youth discarded by the polygamists, known as the "Lost Boys," or to desperate mothers who frequently face difficult and expensive legal battles to secure custody of their children.

Instead of providing help to people who, like its members, were brought up on the teachings of Mormon founder Joseph Smith, the LDS do not officially admit that fundamentalist Mormon polygamists even exist....
(cont'd.)

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/Issues/2006-05-25/news/dougherty_print.html

Mainstreem Mormans are not trying to reinstate this practice this is false the ony thing in this article that is true is the Quote from Presedent Hinckley that they are not asociated with this group.

patteeu
08-29-2006, 02:14 PM
I'm not sure I think these people should be considered criminals.* I definitely don't think they should be considered equivalent to run-of-the-mill child molesters.

*I do agree that they broke the law, so in that sense they are, in fact, criminals (if convicted).

Pitt Gorilla
08-29-2006, 02:16 PM
I'm not sure I think these people should be considered criminals. I definitely don't think they should be considered equivalent to run-of-the-mill child molesters.You've got to be kidding; molestting your own child should be punished by AT LEAST castration.

patteeu
08-29-2006, 02:19 PM
You've got to be kidding; molestting your own child should be punished by AT LEAST castration.

Link?

UTChief
08-29-2006, 02:20 PM
I'm not sure I think these people should be considered criminals. I definitely don't think they should be considered equivalent to run-of-the-mill child molesters.

It depends if he is making his girls marry other men against their will at a young age basikly treating them like slaves this is wrong and the child molesting if true is right there at the top, the ony thing worse would be murder.

redbrian
08-29-2006, 02:20 PM
Leave the molestation charges out of this and it’s nobody’s business but the adults as to how many wives (or husbands) they have.

If it’s ok for gay’s to be legally married it should be hunky dory for polygamist to be married (at least they can procreate).

Note: Tongue firmly planted in cheek (sort of).

Jilly
08-29-2006, 02:39 PM
You better pass that idea past your current fiance or husband first-he might not like the idea of 79 other guys in the same bed-lol

I don't know..he might need a pinch hitter every now and then

Pitt Gorilla
08-29-2006, 02:41 PM
If it’s ok for gay’s...

Note: Tongue firmly planted in cheek (sort of). Dude. NTTAWWT.

vailpass
08-29-2006, 02:50 PM
Mainstreem Mormans are not trying to reinstate this practice this is false the ony thing in this article that is true is the Quote from Presedent Hinckley that they are not asociated with this group.

You failed to respond to the facts in the article that indicate the close tie between the Mormon religion and polygamy. Why hasn't section 132 been removed from the Mormon doctrine?

And, in the interest of full disclosure I am not a Mormon.
Are you?

Halfcan
08-29-2006, 02:51 PM
You've got to be kidding; molestting your own child should be punished by AT LEAST castration.

I agree-it would cut down on repeat offenders-and I mean CUT down-lol

Halfcan
08-29-2006, 02:53 PM
I don't know..he might need a pinch hitter every now and then

LOL I am available nights and weekends. There you go, 78 left until you have your own religion. :)

Halfcan
08-29-2006, 02:55 PM
You failed to respond to the facts in the article that indicate the close tie between the Mormon religion and polygamy. Why hasn't section 132 been removed from the Mormon doctrine?

Are you?

I'm not, but I have a lot of RLDS coming and knocking on my door-I do live in Indep. though.

UTChief
08-29-2006, 03:12 PM

Are you?
This canot be removed because it was revation to the profet and we must understand why there was a time this was needed and there may be a time in the future that it is needed in this life or the afterlife we do not practice poligamy but we believe their was a time it was nessasary. polygamy wasnt practiced by everyone in the church. there was actually very few called to status. Those who practiced it were asked to by the leaders for reasons I brought up before. I am not as knoligable as I should be so I don't wan't to say somthing that is wrong I didn't intend to debate religion so I will leave it at that.

Adept Havelock
08-29-2006, 03:15 PM
I couldn't care less about the polygamy angle except as it relates to child abuse. This waste of flesh liked to arrange and perform marriages between 13 year olds and old men. Stake him out over an ant hill, cover his nuts in honey, and let nature take it's course.

Jon Krakauers "Under the Banner of Heaven" is a pretty good write up on these child abusers.

This canot be removed because it was revation to the profet and we must understand why there was a time this was needed and there may be a time in the future that it is needed in this life or the afterlife we do not practice poligamy but we believe their was a time it was nessasary. polygamy wasnt practiced by everyone in the church. there was actually very few called to status. Those who practiced it were asked to by the leaders for reasons I brought up befor. I am not as knoligable as I should be so I don't wan't to say somthing that is wrong I didn't intend to debate religion so I will leave it at that.

Funny how it was only "religiously necessary" right up until Utah applied for statehood, and renouncing polygamy became a condition for granting statehood.

What an astonishing and fortuitously timed religious revelation. :hmmm:

I'm not, but I have a lot of RLDS coming and knocking on my door-I do live in Indep. though.

I'm truly sorry for you. If it helps I've found messing with the minds of evangelicals doing the door to door bit can be good for a quick laugh. Though I usually reserve that treatment for the ones who can't take a polite hint or direct statement that I'm not interested.

vailpass
08-29-2006, 03:20 PM
This canot be removed because it was revation to the profet and we must understand why there was a time this was needed and there may be a time in the future that it is needed in this life or the afterlife we do not practice poligamy but we believe their was a time it was nessasary. polygamy wasnt practiced by everyone in the church. there was actually very few called to status. Those who practiced it were asked to by the leaders for reasons I brought up before. I am not as knoligable as I should be so I don't wan't to say somthing that is wrong I didn't intend to debate religion so I will leave it at that.

Fair enough. Thanks for the discussion, I'll respect your wish to not enter into a religious conversation.
Cheers.

Jilly
08-29-2006, 03:23 PM

I do to, but not once have they come to my door. I keep answering the door naked, just in case. Boy, that Fed Ex guy was pretty surprised...

StcChief
08-29-2006, 03:30 PM
I do to, but not once have they come to my door. I keep answering the door naked, just in case. Boy, that Fed Ex guy was pretty surprised...

This thread is worthless without....

Never mind.
:p

Jilly
08-29-2006, 03:36 PM
This thread is worthless without....

Never mind.
:p

damn it, I knew I should have taken some. Sorry. Maybe next time.

boogblaster
08-29-2006, 03:38 PM
Most extremists in any thing are sick bastards..sounds like he needs to do a little time and be a wife to 80 inmates....BOOG....

Baby Lee
08-29-2006, 03:46 PM
Not in the past 5 or so years. :p

Baby Lee
08-29-2006, 03:54 PM
Though it would take a tome to lay it all out. Let me state;

There were polygamy proponents in the early church, most of them heading west with the 'Mormons' after the death of Joseph Smith.
The practice of polygamy began in earnest on the trek west.
Joseph's Smith's spouse [Emma] and heirs have consistently and vociferously denied any polygamist leanings in Joseph, specifically denying his authorship of writings attributed to him in support of the practice after his death.

Adept Havelock
08-29-2006, 03:57 PM
Not in the past 5 or so years. :p

Yeah, didn't they change brands? Something about the "First Church of whatever it is you are currently comfortable believing" or something like that? :Poke: :p

Baby Lee
08-29-2006, 04:10 PM
Yeah, didn't they change brands? Something about the "First Church of whatever it is you are currently comfortable believing" or something like that? :Poke: :p
The LCoFwTLGiC&S

Loose confederation of folks who think, like God is cool and stuff.

patteeu
08-29-2006, 04:21 PM
Funny how it was only "religiously necessary" right up until Utah applied for statehood, and renouncing polygamy became a condition for granting statehood.

What an astonishing and fortuitously timed religious revelation. :hmmm:

To be fair, there are lots of traditions that outlive their usefulness. For example, summer vacation for school kids.

Adept Havelock
08-29-2006, 04:42 PM
To be fair, there are lots of traditions that outlive their usefulness. For example, summer vacation for school kids.

I'll certainly agree traditions can outlive their usefulness. I just found this change in "divine prophecy" to be very politically convenient. I wonder if God hired a good firm from K Street? :p

UTChief
08-29-2006, 05:01 PM
I'll certainly agree traditions can outlive their usefulness. I just found this change in "divine prophecy" to be very politically convenient. I wonder if God hired a good firm from K Street? :p
This isn't why they quit, the goverment made it against the law to be a poligamist and being comanded to obide by the law of the land is why this practice was quit not to become a state.

vailpass
08-29-2006, 05:04 PM
This isn't why they quit, the goverment made it against the law to be a poligamist and being comanded to obide by the law of the land is why this practice was quit not to become a state.

Friendly advice:

If you truly don't want to discuss religion you should stop posting talking points from Mormon Central. They will get shot down faster than an Iragi fighter pilot.

Cheers.

Baby Lee
08-29-2006, 05:11 PM
Friendly advice:

If you truly don't want to discuss religion you should stop posting talking points from Mormon Central. They will get shot down faster than an Iragi fighter pilot.

Cheers.
Gud speling might hep to.

Calcountry
08-29-2006, 05:14 PM
I can barely type, spell, and chew gum at the same time or I would hook it up. It is a pretty sick story how this guy manipulated these women.

I have trouble finding ONE good women, let alone 80. :banghead:80 women, OH MY, the tampon bill!

Baby Lee
08-29-2006, 05:16 PM
80 women, OH MY, the tampon bill!
Here you go. Here's

1 day
1 dollar

Go ahead and catch on up. :p

UTChief
08-29-2006, 05:17 PM
Friendly advice:

Cheers.

Your right. It is just hard to reed things that arn't true. I'll be done. Thank's for being decent about things.

Baby Lee
08-29-2006, 05:32 PM
Your right it is just hard to reed things that arn't true I'll be done Thank's for being decent about things.
You mean like

This canot be removed because it was revation to the profet

Though I guess it's not technically an untruth if the object of the preposition and the verb aren't real words.

BucEyedPea
08-29-2006, 05:40 PM
I heard some still practice polygamy under the radar. My former tax guy was a Mormon who felt it was freedom of religion to practice it. There was just a demonstration by children from polygamist families to try to make it legal.

I heard Smith seduced other men's wives.

Baby Lee
08-29-2006, 05:43 PM
I heard some still practice polygamy under the radar. My former tax guy was a Mormon who felt it was freedom of religion to practice it. There was just a demonstration by children from polygamist families to try to make it legal.

You heard? Compelling.

Know what I heard? I heard Jews use the blood of infants in their rites.

BucEyedPea
08-29-2006, 05:47 PM
You heard? Compelling.

Wasn't tryin' to be compelling, wise ass...that's why I said I heard, actually I more than heard, and only meant it that far as I wasn't sure it was true.

Get it now?

burt
08-29-2006, 05:53 PM

only the hot ones......

Baby Lee
08-29-2006, 05:53 PM
Wasn't tryin' to be compelling, wise ass...that's why I said I heard, actually I more than heard, and only meant it that far as I wasn't sure it was true.

Get it now?
So as it stands now, the information you imparted is approximately as verified as the info I provided about the Jews and blood of the infants, etc?

Thanks, just making sure.

BucEyedPea
08-29-2006, 05:57 PM
No,it's called opening a conversation and hoping someone could fill me in perhaps. Your's was sarcasm.

Have a nice evening Mr.Lee! :)

BucEyedPea
08-29-2006, 05:59 PM
only the hot ones......
ROFL

Really, this polygamy is going to be the next debate...it's already being talked about with all kinds of charges about Smith, and abuse on one side and the other's saying they grew up just fine. etc.

Baby Lee
08-29-2006, 06:01 PM
No,it's called opening a conversation and hoping someone could fill me in perhaps. Your's was sarcasm.

Have a nice evening Mr.Lee! :)
http://www.israel-mfa.gov.il/MFA/MFAArchive/2000_2009/2001/8/Antisemitism%20Today

Modern antisemitism draws upon these historic and religious mainsprings, adding its own contemporary and racist dimensions and ideologies. Its notorious literary expression in recent times has been the "Protocols of the Elders of Zion", generally attributed to the Russian secret police at the end of the nineteenth century and subsequently the gospel for antisemitic movements world-wide. Its widest circulation today appears to be in the Middle East, particularly in Egypt and Syria. The racist image of the Jew in these traditions, a particularly lurid and warped example of which is the "blood libel", according to which Judaism requires non-Jewish infants' blood for religious practices and for the ceremonial unleavened bread (as in the 1840 Damascus blood libel),

BucEyedPea
08-29-2006, 06:05 PM
I don't get it.

I'm interested in knowing more about what I heard about polygamy and Smith etc.

Adept Havelock
08-29-2006, 06:16 PM
You heard? Compelling.

Know what I heard? I heard Jews use the blood of infants in their rites.

Only if it's Kosher....

Baby Lee
08-29-2006, 06:17 PM
I don't get it.
You said I was being sarcastic. I was pointing out that 'what I heard' wasn't just pulled out of my ass, but has actually been espoused over centuries.

I'm interested in knowing more about what I heard about polygamy and Smith etc.
Smith was the prophet of church with followers of diverse beliefs, with leaders of strong will and personality. And he died relatively young, leaving behind a population who believed that he was an intermediary through which God provided modern day revelation, and subordinates possessing their own individual deigns on leadership. And there was much persuasion in attributing one's own policies to the slain prophet.
I was raised RLDS/CoC, and I can say the issue of polygamy was never countenanced, not in service, not in whisper, not in a careless word. And Smith's spouse and offspring went to great lengths generations before I got here debunking all off the writings and pronouncements on the subject attributed to him.

BucEyedPea
08-29-2006, 06:18 PM
Only if it's Kosher....
Actually, it was the worshippers of Baal that killed their babies, even built them into the foundation of their homes.

BucEyedPea
08-29-2006, 06:23 PM
YI was raised RLDS/CoC, and I can say the issue of polygamy was never countenanced, not in service, not in whisper, not in a careless word.

I know mainstream church doesn't practice it. I wanted to know about those off the radar.

And Smith's spouse and offspring went to great lengths generations before I got here debunking all off the writings and pronouncements on the subject attributed to him.

I saw that above. Why is this idea out there then?
Where does this stuff come from that Smith tried to steal other's wives then?
Now that I recall saw this on History Channel. Or who promotes this idea that he did. Seems to be contrary facts.

I am not necessarily opposed to legal polygamy, by state only, if it's for religious reasons as opposed to a stud farm, and not without some rules. But I am not sure with all the stuff ya' hear.

Baby Lee
08-29-2006, 06:33 PM
I know mainstream church doesn't practice it. I wanted to know about those off the radar.
Those 'off the radar' in RLDS/CoC, left in the 80s and 90s over a 'new age' agenda; the ordination of women, changing hymnals to 'gender neutral' lyrics, the opening of communion to anyone who wanted a Sunday snack, building the Temple in Independence in a place other than consecrated because the church was tired of trying to buy the consecrated land, and the proclamation that "Recognizing that the perception of truth is always qualified by human nature and experience, there is no official church creed that must be accepted by all members."

There are no disaffected RLDS/CoC practicing polygamy that I've ever heard of. And there are none within the church espousing it. Quite the opposite, the present church is nearly non-denominational.

Now that I recall saw this on History Channel. Or who promotes this idea that he did. Seems to be contrary facts.

I am not necessarily opposed to legal polygamy, by state only, if it's for religious reasons as opposed to a stud farm, and not without some rules. But I am not sure with all the stuff ya' hear.
To justify the actions of the Mormons as they trekked westward into lawless lands.

Adept Havelock
08-29-2006, 06:38 PM

Have you read Krakauers book on this splinter group? It's pretty interesting.

BucEyedPea
08-29-2006, 06:39 PM
the opening of communion to anyone who wanted a Sunday snack,
ROFL Ha..ha! Good one.

Seriously, I didn't know you guys even had communion.

Those 'off the radar' in RLDS/CoC, left in the 80s and 90s over a 'new age' agenda; the ordination of women, changing hymnals to 'gender neutral' lyrics, the opening of communion to anyone who wanted a Sunday snack, building the Temple in Independence in a place other than consecrated because the church was tired of trying to buy the consecrated land, and the proclamation that "Recognizing that the perception of truth is always qualified by human nature and experience, there is no official church creed that must be accepted by all members."

There are no disaffected RLDS/CoC practicing polygamy that I've ever heard of. And there are none within the church espousing it. Quite the opposite, the present church is nearly non-denominational.

Interesting info...never heard that before. I thought they were fundamentalists.
Love the quote.

To justify the actions of the Mormons as they trekked westward into lawless lands.
Huh? :hmmm:

Baby Lee
08-29-2006, 06:48 PM
Huh? :hmmm:
You want people to follow your lead, but are unsure you have the gravitas to get them to follow? Tell them that their slain prophet said it was OK.

burt
08-29-2006, 06:49 PM
You said I was being sarcastic. I was pointing out that 'what I heard' wasn't just pulled out of my ass, but has actually been espoused over centuries.

Smith was the prophet of church with followers of diverse beliefs, with leaders of strong will and personality. And he died relatively young, leaving behind a population who believed that he was an intermediary through which God provided modern day revelation, and subordinates possessing their own individual deigns on leadership. And there was much persuasion in attributing one's own policies to the slain prophet.
I was raised RLDS/CoC, and I can say the issue of polygamy was never countenanced, not in service, not in whisper, not in a careless word. And Smith's spouse and offspring went to great lengths generations before I got here debunking all off the writings and pronouncements on the subject attributed to him.

Well I heard that Smith was his alias...and his real name was Abramowitz...

BucEyedPea
08-29-2006, 06:50 PM
You want people to follow your lead, but are unsure you have the gravitas to get them to follow? Tell them that their slain prophet said it was OK.
Huh? Is that what you think I'm doing? I think it's just a discussion.
I didn't follow your last part was all I was tryin' to say. If you just take it at face value it literally means what I wrote. I don't follow..huh. K?

Baby Lee
08-29-2006, 06:52 PM
Huh? Is that what you think I'm doing? I think it's just a discussion.
I didn't follow your last part was all I was tryin' to say. If you just take it at face value it literally means what I wrote. I don't follow..huh. K?
I'm not talking about you. I'm talking about Brigham et al. You asked why these rumors were out there. I'm replying 'because the leaders of the Mormon expedition started them for their own ends.'

Don't know how I can be more clear.

BucEyedPea
08-29-2006, 06:53 PM
I'm not talking about you. I'm talking about Brigham et al. You asked why these rumors were out there. I'm replying 'because the leaders of the Mormon expedition started them for their own ends.'
Ohhh...I see. I didn't get that at all.

Pitt Gorilla
08-29-2006, 06:57 PM
This canot be removed because it was revation to the profet and we must understand why there was a time this was needed and there may be a time in the future that it is needed in this life or the afterlife we do not practice poligamy but we believe their was a time it was nessasary. polygamy wasnt practiced by everyone in the church. there was actually very few called to status. Those who practiced it were asked to by the leaders for reasons I brought up before. I am not as knoligable as I should be so I don't wan't to say somthing that is wrong I didn't intend to debate religion so I will leave it at that.Were women called to take multiple husbands?

Pitt Gorilla
08-29-2006, 06:59 PM
Your right it is just hard to reed things that arn't true I'll be done Thank's for being decent about things.Dude, it's pretty hard to read that...

BucEyedPea
08-29-2006, 07:00 PM
Were women called to take multiple husbands?

Ahhh...polyandry. That's more like it. With DNA we can get away with that now and still know the paternity of our children. :p

burt
08-29-2006, 07:26 PM

type bolder????

Braincase
08-29-2006, 07:30 PM
Anybody convicted of hoarding pussy ought to be executed without appeal.

Skip Towne
08-29-2006, 07:34 PM

TALK LOUDER!!!

alanm
08-29-2006, 07:42 PM
Getting off topic a little and not to pick nits or anything, and realizing that I've been retired almost 3 yrs now, but I'm reasonably certain that Osama Bin Laden is still #1 on the FBI list. :hmmm:

Skip Towne
08-29-2006, 07:53 PM
Getting off topic a little and not to pick nits or anything, and realizing that I've been retired almost 3 yrs now, but I'm reasonably certain that Osama Bin Laden is still #1 on the FBI list. :hmmm:
He's got to be high up on that list. I remember Oliver North referring to Bin Laden back during his trial. He jusified his home security system because Bin Laden wanted to kill him. That had to be in the mid 80's.

Cntrygal
08-29-2006, 08:20 PM
America's Most Wanted did a program on this asshole a month or so ago. It was sickening....

AMW link (http://www.amw.com/fugitives/capture.cfm?id=33750)

BucEyedPea
08-29-2006, 08:26 PM
America's Most Wanted did a program on this asshole a month or so ago. It was sickening....

:thumb: Cool link!

Halfcan
08-29-2006, 09:49 PM

Thanks for the Link-man there are some sick pukes on that list.

I hope they get osama and fry his azz!!

alanm
08-29-2006, 11:31 PM
He's got to be high up on that list. I remember Oliver North referring to Bin Laden back during his trial. He jusified his home security system because Bin Laden wanted to kill him. That had to be in the mid 80's.
I mean it's not like a AP/ESPN-Coaches/BCS college football poll. Unless a guy is caught or proven dead he doesn't move down the list. As far as the FBI is concerned he's still out there. And Osama was still #1 last time I saw on the list.
Come to think of it. I stopped in to visit at the State Patrol a couple of weeks ago and I recall he did still top the list.

alanm
08-29-2006, 11:35 PM
Thanks for the Link-man there are some sick pukes on that list.

I hope they get osama and fry his azz!!
FWIW I don't think AMW and the FBI's list exactly coincide. The FBI list has a lot of foreign nationals on it.

Abba-Dabba
08-30-2006, 02:04 AM
FWIW I don't think AMW and the FBI's list exactly coincide. The FBI list has a lot of foreign nationals on it.

FBI=3

AMW=3