PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else concerned about the Right tackle spot?

B_Ambuehl
08-30-2006, 12:44 PM
Turley looks like he's getting the job done at LT but I've yet to see Sampson hold a pass block for longer than .5 seconds all pre-season. This could be a problem. Right now I think it's the biggest problem.

Chief Faithful
08-30-2006, 12:46 PM
Turley looks like he's getting the job done at LT but I've yet to see Sampson hold a pass block for longer than .5 seconds all pre-season. This could be a problem. Right now I think it's the biggest problem.

If Sampson starts I am concerned. Svitek should start at RT based on what I've seen in preseason.

recxjake
08-30-2006, 12:47 PM
im concerned

Warrior5
08-30-2006, 12:49 PM
Yep. Sure missing Welbourn right now...

keg in kc
08-30-2006, 12:54 PM
I think I read somewhere that Svitek may be starting tomorrow night, so Sampson may have lost the job already.

DaFace
08-30-2006, 12:59 PM
My concerns, in rank of importance, would be
1. DT
2. WR
3. Right OT

So I guess I'm mildly concerned, but not near as much as I am for other areas of the team.

Fish
08-30-2006, 01:02 PM
Not concerned enough to start a thread about it........

shaneo69
08-30-2006, 01:05 PM
We shouldn't of let that Tait guy go.

B_Ambuehl
08-30-2006, 01:06 PM
It's too bad cuz Sampson is a mauler in the running game. I'd still like to see Svitek against first team defensive ends.

jspchief
08-30-2006, 01:09 PM
It's too bad cuz Sampson is a mauler in the running game. I'd still like to see Svitek against first team defensive ends.I agree. Sampson has the attitude to be a great run blocker, but it appears he doesn't have the feet to be a good pass blocker. He's constantly getting thrown off balance when dropping back to block the pass rush.

My guess is the coaches have seen it too, since Svitek is going to get a loot at RT in the next pre-season game.

ChiefsCountry
08-30-2006, 01:14 PM
I'm not too worried, for one Sampson beat out Welbourn last year for the spot before he got hurt.

Hoover
08-30-2006, 01:16 PM
But why do we need a RT who can pass block, I just read we are going to run the ball 9000 times this season?

jspchief
08-30-2006, 01:17 PM
I'm not too worried, for one Sampson beat out Welbourn last year for the spot before he got hurt.No he didn't. Sampson got the spot because Welbourn was going to be suspended for 4 games.

That has to be the biggest misconception I see on this site. It's like Battle beating out Warfield. It ignores that the guy that got "beat out" wasn't going to start the first 4 games of the year anyway.

Hammock Parties
08-30-2006, 01:22 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty worried about it, although he was much better during the last game.

HemiEd
08-30-2006, 01:39 PM

Yep Carl should have forked over the $35,000,000 to match the Bears offer.

StcChief
08-30-2006, 02:05 PM
RT is an issue. Svitek preview may have him starting over sampson. As long as they can keep Green safe. I don't care who it is.

Hound333
08-30-2006, 02:15 PM

Don't get me wrong Tait is way better than anything we have atm. I just don't want to overpay for what he's worth. Its bad enough we are overpaying for many of our D-Linemen. I don't think he was worth what they paid for him.

JBucc
08-30-2006, 02:31 PM
a little

Kylo Ren
08-30-2006, 02:32 PM
1. DT
2. WR
3. Right OT

So I guess I'm mildly concerned, but not near as much as I am for other areas of the team.

1. LT
2. DT
3. WR
4. RT
5. FB

Mr. Laz
08-30-2006, 04:13 PM
Don't get me wrong Tait is way better than anything we have atm.
"anything we have ass to mouth?????"

ewwwww :Lin:

take your pr0n elsewhere, this is a football board.

Hound333
08-30-2006, 04:41 PM
Laz Laz Laz must you always play in the gutter. lol

Chiefs Pantalones
08-30-2006, 04:46 PM
Does anyone think our run blocking won't be as good as it was last year?

Mr. Laz
08-30-2006, 04:51 PM
Laz Laz Laz must you always play in the gutter. lol
ROFL ROFL

ChiefsCountry
08-30-2006, 07:26 PM
No he didn't. Sampson got the spot because Welbourn was going to be suspended for 4 games.

That has to be the biggest misconception I see on this site. It's like Battle beating out Warfield. It ignores that the guy that got "beat out" wasn't going to start the first 4 games of the year anyway.

Welbourn was working at guard last training camp bc of the failure that he had the season before.

bushmaster
08-30-2006, 08:09 PM

forget pass blocking, i think herm is gonna run it over the right side 580 times.

Mecca
08-31-2006, 01:24 AM
Yep Carl should have forked over the $35,000,000 to match the Bears offer.

It would have been better than the contracts they have Hicks, Browning, Wesley and Woods that offseason........

Hammock Parties
08-31-2006, 01:40 AM

Tait really wanted to leave KC because of peterson. I remember hearing a story about tait and his agent being infuriated with peterson when we first signed him out of college.

Moooo
08-31-2006, 01:44 AM
Tait really wanted to leave KC because of peterson. I remember hearing a story about tait and his agent being infuriated with peterson when we first signed him out of college.

Yep. I heard some explatives were said to Tait by Carl, and the religious Tait didn't like it whatsoever. You'd think a GM would know there's a good chance that a guy from BYU isn't going to take too nicely to someone dropping F-bombs.

Moooo

Mecca
08-31-2006, 01:51 AM
Yep. I heard some explatives were said to Tait by Carl, and the religious Tait didn't like it whatsoever. You'd think a GM would know there's a good chance that a guy from BYU isn't going to take too nicely to someone dropping F-bombs.

Moooo

Dropping F-Bombs is what makes the NFL go round.....Personally I think Tait isn't here because he was never really a Vermiel guy. Hell Vermiel didn't even seem to care when Eddie Freeman bashed him in the face with a helmet.

08-31-2006, 01:56 AM
Dropping F-Bombs is what makes the NFL go round.....Personally I think Tait isn't here because he was never really a Vermiel guy. Hell Vermiel didn't even seem to care when Eddie Freeman bashed him in the face with a helmet.

I had forgotten about that. I found that odd at the time.

Halfcan
08-31-2006, 02:00 AM
I am very concerned, and I plan to call the Chiefs to discuss it with them.

Moooo
08-31-2006, 02:01 AM
I am very concerned, and I plan to call the Chiefs to discuss it with them.

While you're on the phone with them, could you get me a hat?

Moooo

Halfcan
08-31-2006, 02:03 AM
While you're on the phone with them, could you get me a hat?

Moooo

I will do my best, but the King is such a tightwad when it comes to money. :)

HemiEd
08-31-2006, 02:47 AM
It would have been better than the contracts they have Hicks, Browning, Wesley and Woods that offseason........

Well, in hind sight, you are correct. I was pretty pissed when we lost Tait, but the Bears made him a rediculous offer. I don't think big John is too much of a Carl Peterson fan either. I never did understand why we did not Franchise him instead of the tag we put on him. Transition I think.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-31-2006, 08:55 AM
The way it goes for us, I wouldn't doubt if we lose the game next Sunday because of Hermy's conservative marty style. Our defense will play well, but Herm will pistol-whip Solari on the spot if he even thinks about passing the ball.

Herm- We're doin' good, Mike. Keep runnin' it!

Solari- Yeah, Herm, I think we should pass the ball. I mean, they're putting 11 men in the box...

Herm- Not a word. It's safer to run the ball.

Solari- Why don't we pass the ball? Our defense is getting stops, so why not push it a little bit down the field to help out the defense? They're doing their job for once!

Herm- We play team ball here now.

Solari- WTF?

htismaqe
08-31-2006, 09:06 AM
Yep, we'll run about 65 plays and 65 of them will be runs.

Brock
08-31-2006, 09:10 AM
Well, in hind sight, you are correct. I was pretty pissed when we lost Tait, but the Bears made him a rediculous offer. I don't think big John is too much of a Carl Peterson fan either. I never did understand why we did not Franchise him instead of the tag we put on him. Transition I think.

It was a debacle.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=84544&page=2&pp=15

Iowanian
08-31-2006, 09:11 AM
Herm told me he was going to alleviate the problem by running the 65 Power Trap on 13 consecutive plays until the other team proves they can stop it 3 in a row.

The Chiefs are soooooo Screwed. the offensive line is going to suck. Carl might as well be starting the Warvey gals on sunday.

He's a soooooter.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-31-2006, 09:48 AM
Yep, we'll run about 65 plays and 65 of them will be runs.

I just joke. I'm one of the few people that thinks we'll beat them worse than the Jets last year.