PDA

View Full Version : Jay Fiedler cut

Mr. Laz
08-31-2006, 01:01 PM
by buccaneers.

imo he would be a major upgrade over Huard ... a veteran presents who has accepted a backup position before.

Green
Fiedler
Croyle

Printers can go back to the CFL and try again next year.

Moooo
08-31-2006, 01:03 PM
by buccaneers.

imo he would be a major upgrade of Huard ... a veteran presents to has accepted a backup position before.

Green
Fiedler
Croyle

You guys are way to hard on Printers. He's doing what everyone expected him to do. He has a huge learning curve, but his upside at this point more than eclipses that as a 3rd or 4th stringer.

As far as Fiedler, as long as he doesn't want a lot of bank...

Moooo

RealSNR
08-31-2006, 01:06 PM
Who do the fuccaneers have? Simms? They still have SOB don't they?

BWillie
08-31-2006, 01:10 PM
We should of picked up Jeff George just so Whitlock could splooge in his pants.

RealSNR
08-31-2006, 01:19 PM
According to Taco...

Jay Fiedler = Greaseme = Trent Green

So hell yes, we should definitely pick him up!

bushmaster
08-31-2006, 01:26 PM
he's hurt. he'll resign with the bucs when he's recovered.

keg in kc
08-31-2006, 01:26 PM
I'm all for replacing Huard, but the time to do it would've been back in March. It's hard to believe that anyone they bring in now would have time to learn the playbook/system in time to do anything for us if Green should go down.

Scaga
08-31-2006, 01:37 PM
I'm all for replacing Huard, but the time to do it would've been back in March. It's hard to believe that anyone they bring in now would have time to learn the playbook/system in time to do anything for us if Green should go down.

Ding, ding, ding!!!
We have a winner.

jidar
08-31-2006, 01:38 PM
cut the only other QB we have that knows the offense? Not a chance. Huad is going to stay with the program.

Skip Towne
08-31-2006, 01:41 PM
bill parcells told me we are in a lot of trouble if green goes down.

Mr. Laz
08-31-2006, 01:47 PM
what good does knowing the offense do if you suck so bad you can't run it anyway.

Fiedler is a veteran ... he can run a trimmed down version of the offense better than Huard can run the entire offense.

depends on his injury though(per bushmaster)

vailpass
08-31-2006, 01:49 PM
San Diego should pick Fiedler up yesterday quick.

Hammock Parties
08-31-2006, 01:52 PM
I'm onboard with him.

FloridaMan88
08-31-2006, 02:08 PM
Jay Fiedler= Damon Huard

They are the same QB. Washed up, no arm strength

bushmaster
08-31-2006, 02:13 PM
what good does knowing the offense do if you suck so bad you can't run it anyway.

Fiedler is a veteran ... he can run a trimmed down version of the offense better than Huard can run the entire offense.

depends on his injury though(per bushmaster)

-- Fiedler Might Return to Bucs If... --
Thu Aug 31, 2006 --from FFMastermind.com

The St. Petersburg Times reports QB Jay Fiedler was waived Wednesday, but his tenure in Tampa Bay might be far from over. The backup quarterback whose slow-healing right shoulder injury has prevented him from practicing since his signing in June is expected to re-sign with the Bucs when, and if, his injury heals, his agent said Wednesday. The Bucs were forced to come to a decision on Fiedler's immediate future with final rosters due Saturday. If Tampa Bay decided to place him on the physically unable to perform list, Fiedler would not have been able to play for at least the first six weeks. Under this potential scenario, he can sign with the Bucs whenever he returns to health, thereby making a quicker return, his agent, Brian Levy, said. The possibility also was raised by GM Bruce Allen, who said, "We built a relationship with (Fiedler) that I think could continue down the road." The primary question now is if Fiedler will need more surgery. "He will continue to rehab for another week or so to see if the shoulder responds," Levy said. "If not, he will meet with his surgeon and discuss his options to expedite the healing." If another surgery is required, Levy expects recovery to take 6-8 weeks, which likely would alter the Bucs' current plans for Fiedler.

Archie Bunker
08-31-2006, 02:15 PM

Looks to be the case.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl/article.jsp?content=20060831_085845_4684

In other possible Canadian quarterback news, the TEAM 1040 radio station in Vancouver is reporting Casey Printers will be cut from the the Kansas City Chiefs on Friday, although it is unsure at this time whether he will be released outright or placed on the practice roster. Printers' CFL rights are owned by the B.C. Lions.

JBucc
08-31-2006, 02:16 PM
If Printers goes back to the CFL do we have the rights to him if he comes back or can anyone get him?

Spicy McHaggis
08-31-2006, 02:26 PM
If Printers goes back to the CFL do we have the rights to him if he comes back or can anyone get him?

If he goes back to the CFL it's because we cut him. Anyone can pick him up at that point.

shaneo69
08-31-2006, 03:28 PM
I don't know about Printers. What should he do......stay on the Chiefs practice squad making next to nothing, or go back and play in Canada for a little more money and start over again next year?

If he stays with the Chiefs, they will probably send him to NFL Europe next spring where he can play under NFL rules. But if he goes back to Canada and then signs with another NFL team after the season ends, the new NFL team would probably ask him to stay in town during the spring to learn their offense.

Or I guess he could just decide to try to make a career of playing in Canada and not bother with the NFL anymore.

Tough decision for him.

bushmaster
08-31-2006, 03:51 PM
practice squad players make (don't know if the recent cba increased the salary) $4700 per week minimum. that equals $75,200 over the course of 16 weeks. teams have the option of paying them their full salary. i think that would just about equal what he would make in canada and he gets a chance to stay here and continue to progress.

if another team signs him, he would have to be active for at least 3 weeks. with the minimum salary he would make somewhere around $13,000 per week.