PDA

View Full Version : KC should go with Croyle, Printers

donkhater
09-01-2006, 06:26 AM
Let's face it. If Green goes down with an injury, do you really trust Huard to lead them to vicotry? If Damon was even marginally better than the rookies, maybe you go with him, but KC just ins't going to win this season should Green get sidelined.

Instead of exposing one of the guys you want to develop for the future to the waiver wire, drop Huard instead. I honestly can't see the game plan being that much different if Huard or Croyle is the starter. Do you?

If Green should get injured for a prolonged period, I imagine Huard would still be available to pick up for a few weeks should he get cut.

jspchief
09-01-2006, 06:34 AM
I dislike Huard as much as anyone, but Printers flat out sucks. We might as well carry only two QBs as keep Printers.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-01-2006, 06:35 AM
I would imagine their thinking is that Huard knows the playbook better than Croyle/Printers and they are going to eventually cut Huard when they are up to speed. I have no knowledge of this, just my gut feeling since everybody including Peterson knows Huard sucks and the other two have unrealized potential.

jidar
09-01-2006, 06:36 AM
Huard did a really good job last night. Why is everybody still down on him? I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that he can't win games, he made some great throws.
He's a career backup, sure, but he's a better QB than the other two guys behind him right now.

Dave Lane
09-01-2006, 08:20 AM
Huard did a really good job last night. Why is everybody still down on him? I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that he can't win games, he made some great throws.
He's a career backup, sure, but he's a better QB than the other two guys behind him right now.

At least one of the two. Printers at this point blows....

Dave

Lzen
09-01-2006, 08:23 AM
Huard is better than Printers at this point. Might as well keep him as the #3 QB, behind Green and Croyle.

DaFace
09-01-2006, 08:25 AM
I was pretty high on Printers going into the PS. Hell, even after the first game I still thought he'd show some skills once he calmed down. In the end, though, he's never settled down in the pocket. He tries to use his legs to get him out of trouble like he did in the CFL, but NFL defenses are just too quick for him. He MIGHT be a decent backup somewhere eventually, but I doubt he'll ever be a starter.

As much as I hate Huard, keeping him and Croyle is definitely the right choice right now.

Iowanian
09-01-2006, 08:26 AM
Printers is effing Horrible at this point. If he's technically a Chief, it should be PS.

I have seen nothing on the field in his significant playing time to lead me to believe another team would want him on their active roster.

donkhater
09-01-2006, 08:29 AM
Huard looked pretty bad with the second team. Now he gets some first string reps and he's adequate again. Go figure.

jspchief
09-01-2006, 08:38 AM
Huard looked pretty bad with the second team. Now he gets some first string reps and he's adequate again. Go figure.I'm not sure where you're going with this.

Maybe you don't realize this, but if Green gets hurt and Huard comes in, he'll be playing with the first string. It's not like they bring in the whole 2nd team to play with Huard.

sedated
09-01-2006, 08:40 AM
Huard looked solid in the final preseason game. He had a nice throw to Webb and showed good poise in the pocket (btw, i only saw first half)

Printers looked absolutely dreadful in every appearance.

so...why should we keep Printers again?

Fish
09-01-2006, 08:58 AM
At this point I'd have to say Huard #2, Croyle #3, and Printers on PS.....