PDA

View Full Version : The bozos at Patriots Planet request your assistance

Annihilus
09-01-2006, 10:56 AM
Hey guys, it's Annihilus from your ugly little sister site PatriotsPlanet (http://www.patriotsplanet.net) here to ask you all for a favor (or, if you prefer, to SPAM you). The intention is not to be a pain in the ass, so if this thread in completely unwarranted and unwanted, feel free to delete and kick my ass. Or leave the thread and just kick my ass, either way.

Our site is on SI's list for top 4 Patriots Sites and we're currently in second place due to a couple of naked fat guys in their parent's basements at Patsfans.com voting constantly for hours in order to bury us. Most of us have jobs, so unforunately that avenue doesn't work too well for us.

The winner gets their site posted on SI's Patriots page for the year, and while none of us at PatsPlanet are big SI fans, we could always use the extra traffic if we're ever going to catch you guys (snowball's chance in hell).

Anyhow, if'n any of you get a chance, pop over to the poll (http://si.com/Patriotsvote) and give us a hand. If you're offended, stop on by our place and spam the hell out of us.

If nothing else, it could be in thanks for Ty Law :D

Peace, Love and Football,
Annihilus

Fire Me Boy!
09-01-2006, 11:00 AM
Uh... I voted for you, but you've got a lot of ground to make up.

|Zach|
09-01-2006, 11:10 AM
Good luck folks.

Annihilus
09-01-2006, 11:14 AM
Uh... I voted for you, but you've got a lot of ground to make up.

Yeah, this is kind of last ditch. Win or lose though, thanks for the support!

ct
09-01-2006, 11:15 AM
return the favor, and I think we can go along with this

Eleazar
09-01-2006, 11:32 AM
I sent you one. You guys should vote for CP in exchange.

Annihilus
09-01-2006, 11:35 AM
return the favor, and I think we can go along with this

Would love to, but can't find a Chiefs poll over there. Their website reminds me of walking into Fred Sanford's place.

If you've got a link, I'll post it over at the little Planet.

rageeumr
09-01-2006, 11:36 AM
well based on my powers of deduction, I was able to find it at http://si.com/chiefsvote. I had to do a write-in vote for the Planet though :shake:

StcChief
09-01-2006, 11:36 AM
down 6K to two naked fat guys in their basement. lol

JBucc
09-01-2006, 11:37 AM
We're still not on their gay little poll. I'm cancelling my subscribtion.

vailpass
09-01-2006, 11:38 AM
Hey guys, it's Annihilus from your ugly little sister site PatriotsPlanet (http://www.patriotsplanet.net) here to ask you all for a favor (or, if you prefer, to SPAM you). The intention is not to be a pain in the ass, so if this thread in completely unwarranted and unwanted, feel free to delete and kick my ass. Or leave the thread and just kick my ass, either way.

Our site is on SI's list for top 4 Patriots Sites and we're currently in second place due to a couple of naked fat guys in their parent's basements at Patsfans.com voting constantly for hours in order to bury us. Most of us have jobs, so unforunately that avenue doesn't work too well for us.

The winner gets their site posted on SI's Patriots page for the year, and while none of us at PatsPlanet are big SI fans, we could always use the extra traffic if we're ever going to catch you guys (snowball's chance in hell).

Anyhow, if'n any of you get a chance, pop over to the poll (http://si.com/Patriotsvote) and give us a hand. If you're offended, stop on by our place and spam the hell out of us.

If nothing else, it could be in thanks for Ty Law :D

Peace, Love and Football,
Annihilus

Gochiefs is voting against you? Why?

BucEyedPea
09-01-2006, 11:41 AM

I'm both a Buc and a Pat fan as I am a transplanted Noo Englandah...but I post on the Pats.com board.

What should I do?

Guess, I'll have to check out this Pats Planet place eh?

Annihilus
09-01-2006, 11:41 AM
well based on my powers of deduction, I was able to find it at http://si.com/chiefsvote. I had to do a write-in vote for the Planet though :shake:

Yeah, my dumb ass figured that out finally too. Hell, you guys have a powerful enough membership that you could probably kick the other Cheifs Boards collective asses just by doing a write in vote.

I'll throw up a thread over at Pats Planet nevertheless and we can write you in. Thx again!

rageeumr
09-01-2006, 11:42 AM

Nice edit. Funnier than your first version of this post. :)

dirk digler
09-01-2006, 11:45 AM
I voted for you

Eleazar
09-01-2006, 11:47 AM
I'll give you 5 more votes for Deion Branch.

vailpass
09-01-2006, 11:49 AM
Nice edit. Funnier than your first version of this post. :)

Thank you.
:cuss: Slow $%^&*#@ server wouldn't post my edit soon enough, leaving my crummy first draft out there for the world to see.

|Zach|
09-01-2006, 11:51 AM
Obsessed...

ROFL

RealSNR
09-01-2006, 11:54 AM
I get rerouted to the Patriots main page when I use that link. WTF?

Annihilus
09-01-2006, 11:55 AM
I'll give you 5 more votes for Deion Branch.
:D

I'm sure that someone will overpay for his services eventually, but we could really use those 5 votes.

Got any extra linebackers over there? (You can have Monty Biesel back. :spock: )

RealSNR
09-01-2006, 12:13 PM

I'm sure that someone will overpay for his services eventually, but we could really use those 5 votes.

Got any extra linebackers over there? (You can have Monty Biesel back. :spock: )We'll trade you Rich Scanlon for your GM

sedated
09-01-2006, 12:13 PM

what a load of horse-sh!t.

I did my part with a write-in vote

vailpass
09-01-2006, 12:14 PM
Obsessed...

ROFL

C'mon Zach you're trying a bit too hard here.

The guy mentions an unemployed internet nerd sitting on the computer in his parents basement. What is the first thing you think of when you hear that?

Perhaps a little less time on the intraweb and a little more time going back to school and finishing your degree? :shrug:

|Zach|
09-01-2006, 12:49 PM
C'mon Zach you're trying a bit too hard here.

The guy mentions an unemployed internet nerd sitting on the computer in his parents basement. What is the first thing you think of when you hear that?

Perhaps a little less time on the intraweb and a little more time going back to school and finishing your degree? :shrug:
All I know is I am glad I am not nipping at the heels of someone like that. You are an incredible little puppy. Yip yip...

Rain Man
09-01-2006, 12:59 PM
We're still not on their gay little poll. I'm cancelling my subscribtion.

If you do that, how will you keep up with current events in women's sports, tennis, and Tiger Woods?

ct
09-01-2006, 01:02 PM
I've tried throwing some repeated votes your way, but doesn't seem to like the ChiefsPlanet voting style. :)

vailpass
09-01-2006, 01:10 PM
All I know is I am glad I am not nipping at the heels of someone like that. You are an incredible little puppy. Yip yip...

:) You're a good kid Zach but interweb smack isn't your thing. You're too nice. It's like having Mickey Mouse cuss you out.

Iowanian
09-01-2006, 01:18 PM
I voted for you....but if winning means extra traffic for you, and effs with the server WE'RE on.....I'll be forced to unleash creative unpleasantries in your general direction.

Chiefsplanet isn't listed on SI because it actually requires Testicles to post here....yeah, the "broads" have them too.

BEP...please do go to patsplanet...don't forget your toothbrush.

Rain Man
09-01-2006, 01:22 PM
:) You're a good kid Zach but interweb smack isn't your thing. You're too nice. It's like having Mickey Mouse cuss you out.

I would think that Mickey Mouse cussing someone out would have an extraordinary impact on them. If Mickey's calling you a cheese-vomiting-rat-whore or something, that would have to affect your self-esteem since he's usually so nice.

Iowanian
09-01-2006, 01:25 PM
Zach should have one of those ratbastards from the Unethical Eschelon Communications give him lessons on how to be an asshole.

Zach's smack is worse than their unethical business practices of bilking paying customers out of money they don't owe, after they overpay and won't return said funds.

vailpass
09-01-2006, 01:25 PM
I would think that Mickey Mouse cussing someone out would have an extraordinary impact on them. If Mickey's calling you a cheese-vomiting-rat-whore or something, that would have to affect your self-esteem since he's usually so nice.

Nah, it just makes you smile when he stamps his little foot because he is ever so vexed!

Logical
09-01-2006, 01:34 PM
I went and voted but I think you have a snowballs chance in hell, the other site has over 10000 votes and PatsPlanet has only 5000, we are a big site but I doubt we can muster that much support.

Good luck
Logical

Annihilus
09-01-2006, 01:35 PM
I voted for you....but if winning means extra traffic for you, and effs with the server WE'RE on.....I'll be forced to unleash creative unpleasantries in your general direction.

Chiefsplanet isn't listed on SI because it actually requires Testicles to post here....yeah, the "broads" have them too.

BEP...please do go to patsplanet...don't forget your toothbrush.

Squirrel, please.

We've got like 8 regular posters (and four of those are mods). Another 4 won't hurt your server traffic too much. (Though I definately can see where you're coming from). We're just trying to get as many non-moderators as we have moderators.

:thumb:

Bugeater
09-01-2006, 03:21 PM
I get rerouted to the Patriots main page when I use that link. WTF?
Same here, I also get redirected on the Chiefsvote link as well.

Hydrae
09-01-2006, 03:36 PM
Same here, I also get redirected on the Chiefsvote link as well.

Popup blocker? The poll is in a popup.

I have done my part and then some. I have put in about 8 votes or so. Simply close the poll popup and reclick the link here. They are not tracking with cookies or anything, vote as often as you like. **EDIT** It appears I am mistaken, they are doing some tracking, probably by IP since changing browsers didn't make the number of votes go up either.**/EDIT**

It's been a while since the Planet has flexed its' muscle to influence a poll, we should be hammering that site right now and correcting this injustice to our sister site.

Bugeater
09-01-2006, 03:49 PM
Popup blocker? The poll is in a popup.

I have done my part and then some. I have put in about 8 votes or so. Simply close the poll popup and reclick the link here. They are not tracking with cookies or anything, vote as often as you like. **EDIT** It appears I am mistaken, they are doing some tracking, probably by IP since changing browsers didn't make the number of votes go up either.**/EDIT**

It's been a while since the Planet has flexed its' muscle to influence a poll, we should be hammering that site right now and correcting this injustice to our sister site.
That was it alright.:thumb:

JBucc
09-01-2006, 03:52 PM
If you do that, how will you keep up with current events in women's sports, tennis, and Tiger Woods?You're right, I'm cancelling Rain Man's subscription instead.

Rausch
09-01-2006, 03:57 PM
Patplanet is getting beat like a frenchman on the front lines...

the Talking Can
09-01-2006, 04:28 PM
We'll trade you Rich Scanlon for your GM

we always get screwed in these trades...

alanm
09-01-2006, 04:42 PM
Done, Damn did you realize you guys were about 6000 votes behind?
BTW enjoy Warfield. ROFL

Rain Man
09-01-2006, 04:54 PM
You're right, I'm cancelling Rain Man's subscription instead.

I can't live without "Faces in the Crowd".

chiefs4me
09-01-2006, 06:19 PM
Guess, I'll have to check out this Pats Planet place eh?

No

chiefs4me
09-01-2006, 06:23 PM

Ultra Peanut
09-01-2006, 06:31 PM
I did this for Gotti!

Tribal Warfare
09-01-2006, 06:41 PM
http://si.com/chiefsvote (http://si.com/chiefsvote)

for those who hasn't wrote in ChiefsPlanet as an option