PDA

View Full Version : Raiders trade WR Gabriel to the Pats

ct
09-02-2006, 02:24 PM
Doug Gabriel-WR- Patriots Sep. 2 - 4:12 pm et

The San Francisco Chronicle reports that Doug Gabriel has been traded to the Patriots.

No word at this point what the compensation was. Gabriel was one of our favorite fantasy football sleepers before the deal, and his value rises slightly in New England. He'll have a good chance to start once he learns the system and should be the best wideout on the roster until Deion Branch returns.
Source: San Francisco Chronicle

Archie Bunker
09-02-2006, 02:30 PM
That is a surprising move. Gabriel is a very nice young receiver. My Raider friend is going to be furious, he was a huge Gabriel fan.

Mecca
09-02-2006, 02:33 PM
The Pats have no choice....Branch is holding out and Chad Jackson, their draft pick, gets injured when someone touches him.

Pitt Gorilla
09-02-2006, 02:51 PM
Autodraft gave me Porter, so this is "good" for me, I guess...

Annihilus
09-02-2006, 03:49 PM
The Pats have no choice....Branch is holding out and Chad Jackson, their draft pick, gets injured when someone touches him.

Actually, we're all fairly confident that Jackson gets injured when just standing around. Nobody even needs to hit him. That's something Coach looks for in drafting a player.

It's looking more and more like Branch is going to either be minus a paycheck this year, or be overpaid by another team. Gabriel is a nice addition...and with a QB like Brady, all the Pats need is a core group of guys that can catch the ball, and not a bunch of home run hitters.
Add him to Brown, Graham, Watson, Childress and Caldwell (and Jackson, providing he doesn't get injured when someone claps him on the ass), and the Pats will have enough ammo at WR.

We've already had some folks from Raiderland come to bitch at us for taking their guy (claiming they got screwed, which isn't too big of a surprise).

Bowser
09-02-2006, 03:51 PM
Branch will play this year. He'll suit up in Week 10 just to make sure this year counts on his pension, if nothing else.

And that's assuming he doesn't win his grievance against the Pats.

Coach
09-02-2006, 03:53 PM
Heh, looks like the Roiders got fleeced as usual.

Heh heh.

Bowser
09-02-2006, 03:54 PM
Heh, looks like the Roiders got fleeced as usual.

Heh heh.

You're high. The Raiders have Jeff George. [/jwhit]

Ugly Duck
09-02-2006, 04:07 PM
This does suck, but there's a coupla young receivers fixin to move up the ranks anyway. Here's one of my fav Gabriel plays, throwing Chump Bailey to the turf on his way to a TD....

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/2/02144722tnd9.gif

Mecca
09-02-2006, 04:48 PM
You know what's really amusing.....William Buchanon is on the Raiders and will probably see more playing time for them than he ever did for USC. USC has better WR's than NFL teams.

Amnorix
09-02-2006, 10:33 PM
Latest rumor is that we sent them a 5th round pick for him.

BucEyedPea
09-02-2006, 10:38 PM
I was pleased to read about this move.

Ugly Duck
09-03-2006, 12:00 AM
Latest rumor is that we sent them a 5th round pick for him.Where did that rumor arise from? I'm seeing the same thing on the Raider boards....