PDA

View Full Version : Should the Chiefs consider any of these players?

jaxchiefsclub
09-02-2006, 06:07 PM
Charles Rogers was cut by the Detroit Lions on Saturday, a mere three years after they drafted the receiver second overall.

Wide receiver Rod Gardner, picked up by the Packers on waivers near the end of last season, also was released on Saturday.

Defensive tackle Chad Lavalais, who started 20 games over the last two seasons, was the most notable player waived by the Atlanta Falcons on Saturday.

Tyrone Calico, a second-round pick in 2003 who never lived up to the promise of his 6-foot-4 size and 4.34-second speed in the 40.

Gardner wouldn't be a bad gamble would he? I thought Lavalais was a pretty good DT.

Mecca
09-02-2006, 06:07 PM
Rogers and Calico......although I'm not sure Calico runs like that anymore he hasn't been the same since Roy Williams horse collared him and broke his leg 2 years ago.

Skip Towne
09-02-2006, 06:09 PM
I hope they don't condier anybody.

Mr. Laz
09-02-2006, 06:09 PM
DE Micheal Hayne 6'4", 280lbs 4 year exp Bears

Mecca
09-02-2006, 06:11 PM
If the Chiefs could grab Haynes and Rogers and dump Hicks I'd be extremely happy.

chop
09-02-2006, 06:13 PM
Is "condier" legal? They won't be considered sex offenders will they if they "condier" any of those players, right?

chop
09-02-2006, 06:15 PM
What has Gardner ever done? He's been all hype no substance.

milkman
09-02-2006, 06:17 PM
If the Chiefs could grab Haynes and Rogers and dump Hicks I'd be extremely happy.

I'm with you.

Mecca
09-02-2006, 06:19 PM
I'm with you.

I await all the people from the Rogers thread to come in here and bitch us out and tell us what a bum he is.

Mr. Laz
09-02-2006, 06:19 PM
come to think about it ..... i don't expect the chiefs to grab anyone until after thursday of next week.

after thurs. the contract isn't guaranteed for the entire year.

milkman
09-02-2006, 06:20 PM
I await all the people from the Rogers thread to come in here and bitch us out and tell us what a bum he is.

Are they smoking weed?

:)

Mecca
09-02-2006, 06:20 PM
come to think about it ..... i don't expect the chiefs to grab until after thursday of next week.

after thurs. the contract isn't guaranteed for the entire year.

We'll miss out on both those guys then....some team will grab them right away.

noa
09-02-2006, 06:22 PM
It would be nice to have Tyrone Calico for the red zone cause he's so tall.

Skip Towne
09-02-2006, 06:23 PM
Is "condier" legal? They won't be considered sex offenders will they if they "condier" any of those players, right?
I sure don't want to be condiered. It sounds painful.

Mr. Laz
09-02-2006, 06:23 PM
We'll miss out on both those guys then....some team will grab them right away.
i guess it depends on the contracts for Roger and Haynes then.

both are high draft picks ... both are starting to get into the meat of their drafted deal.

depend on how backloaded the current contracts are.

JohnnyV13
09-02-2006, 06:24 PM
Rod Gardner did have 1000 yds receiving in his 2nd season.

Skip Towne
Are they smoking weed?

:)
Weed? Where?

Mecca
i guess it depends on the contracts for Roger and Haynes then.

both are high draft picks ... both are starting to get into the meat of their drafted deal.

depend on how backloaded the current contracts are.

Because they're still on rookie contracts their bases that would be picked up are low.......Rogers base this year is 750K. I'm sure Haynes is also something like that possibly even lower as he was a lower pick.

Mr. Laz
09-02-2006, 06:26 PM
Because they're still on rookie contracts their bases that would be picked up are low.......Rogers base this year is 750K. I'm sure Haynes is also something like that possibly even lower as he was a lower pick.
if they are that low i don't expect either to make it through waivers then.

Mecca
09-02-2006, 06:30 PM
All I know is if the Chiefs don't make any moves on some of these players who got cut who could obviously help us I'm going to be pissed.

RealSNR
09-02-2006, 06:35 PM
I await all the people from the Rogers thread to come in here and bitch us out and tell us what a bum he is.Still not interested in Rogers, but Gardner at least has done something in the NFL. I'd like to bring him in.

Calico used to be all that an a bag of chips, and now he's a casualty. Looks like that injury really killed the guy.

milkman
09-02-2006, 06:40 PM
Is there a difference between being released, and being placed on waivers?

Mecca
09-02-2006, 06:42 PM
Your waiver claim depends on your record from last year...but if you claim a player off waivers you also pick up his contract, just the base though the team that placed him on waivers eats the bonus.

Mr. Laz
09-02-2006, 06:45 PM
Is there a difference between being released, and being placed on waivers?
released is what the team does .......... they cut them, terminate the players contract.

waivers is a league thing ..... after the player is cut they are put on the league waiver wire for 48 hours. If no team makes a claim on the player in that 48 hours then the player becomes a free agent.

if a team makes a waiver claim ..... that player AND his current contract is transferred to the new team. Any signing bonus is accelerated as if the player was traded.

if multiple teams make a waiver claim ....... the player goes to the team with the lowest record from the previous year(kind like the draft order without any trades etc)

milkman
09-02-2006, 06:46 PM
Your waiver claim depends on your record from last year...but if you claim a player off waivers you also pick up his contract, just the base though the team that placed him on waivers eats the bonus.

I know that.

But my question is this.

Was Haynes placed on waivers, or did he get his outright release?
Or is there a difference?

milkman
09-02-2006, 06:47 PM
released is what the team does .......... they cut them, terminate the players contract.

waivers is a league thing ..... after the player is cut they are put on the league waiver wire for 48 hours. If no team makes a claim on the player in that 48 hours then the player becomes a free agent.

if a team makes a waiver claim ..... that player AND his current contract is transferred to the new team. Any signing bonus is accelerated as if the player was traded.

if multiple teams make a waiver claim ....... the player goes to the team with the lowest record from the previous year(kind like the draft order without any trades etc)

So that answers my question.

I don't think, in that case, the Chiefs would have a very good chance at Haynes.

TinyEvel
09-02-2006, 07:35 PM

CONDIER: (noun) French for "man who wears a condom"