PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic, Interactive 2006 NFL Schedule (Updated)...

MadForPlaid
09-04-2006, 04:14 PM
All:

At the request of many to tailor my 2006 NFL Schedule to a user's location, I have now updated it for the Eastern, Central, and Mountain time zones as well!

http://www.dslextreme.com/users/madforplaid/nfl_schedule.html

As a reminder, to view a particular team's schedule, click on their helmet image to open up a new browser window displaying their 2006 NFL Schedule. Additionally, I have provided quick reference images/radio buttons below the current team's crest image to view and alternate between each division opponent's schedule.

The week radio buttons are used to display (in a new browser window) the schedule for a given week including all byes and games for each team.

Within all schedules, team as well as week, click on an image to open up a new browser window of that team's official website, NFL.com, or SuperBowl.com respectively.

Regarding any formatting/display issues, I have tailored the website for Microsoft Internet Explorer only since the coding takes such an extensive amount of time. Simply use IE (screen resolution: 1024 by 768 pixels and a standard size monitor) instead of other browsers!!

Enjoy,

MadForPlaid

DaFace
09-04-2006, 04:24 PM
I don't mean this as an insult, but what makes this so special? I mean, it looks neat with the helmets on there I suppose, but what advantage does this have over NFL.com's schedule page?

Sorry if I'm missing something. I'm sure this took a lot of work - I just don't get it. :shrug:

MadForPlaid
09-07-2006, 03:15 PM
I don't mean this as an insult, but what makes this so special? I mean, it looks neat with the helmets on there I suppose, but what advantage does this have over NFL.com's schedule page?

Sorry if I'm missing something. I'm sure this took a lot of work - I just don't get it. :shrug:
DaFace,

No, is doesn't come across as an insult at all. Yours are legitimate questions; I appreciate all constructive criticism!

To answer your question, first of all, I created this to share with others so that it is a quick, accurate NFL schedule reference for all to enjoy especially those with DirecTV!!

Second, I've found no website that displays NFL schedules and every bit of information put together in a tidy format like mine. I've built mine to include links to official teams' websites, quick links between teams' schedules in the same division, and most importantly shows all the DirecTV channels as well as byes and the television network that carries each game.

Regarding the flexible schedules this year, once the game/network/channel/time changes are announced in the days leading up to NBC's Sunday night games for the final weeks of the season, I will immediately rerun my VBA macros to generate the new JavaScript and update the necessary HTML/JS files!

More later,

MadForPlaid

Psyko Tek
09-07-2006, 03:40 PM
excellent work
rep

MadForPlaid
09-07-2006, 04:15 PM
excellent work
rep
Psyko Tek,

Thanks for the kudos as well!!

Glad you enjoyed,

MadForPlaid

StcChief
09-07-2006, 06:11 PM
This is unusable.
You better rethink/reengineer this to get all the stuff from a database. waiting minutes for a simple

1 week/1 team display??? WTF

This isn't that hard. There isn't that much data to display. Lose the helmets or imbed with data a gif in clob column.

MadForPlaid
09-07-2006, 07:10 PM
This is unusable.
You better rethink/reengineer this to get all the stuff from a database. waiting minutes for a simple

1 week/1 team display??? WTF

This isn't that hard. There isn't that much data to display. Lose the helmets or imbed with data a gif in clob column.
nm_dbf,

Regarding the slow speed, I have posted this around the NFL, and it should be working fine now; the slowness was likely due to a number of simultaneous hits to the website.

On the other hand, tossing everything into a database is an idea I will definitely look into further. Additionally, good suggestion on the CLOB column.

Thanks for the constructive criticism!

MadForPlaid

ChiefsfaninPA
09-07-2006, 07:39 PM
That is pretty neat. Now I have basic computer skills but I had no problem accessing or understanding it. I do especially like the channel numbers for DTV. Good stuff man.

MadForPlaid
09-07-2006, 08:00 PM
That is pretty neat. Now I have basic computer skills but I had no problem accessing or understanding it. I do especially like the channel numbers for DTV. Good stuff man.
ChiefsfaninPA,

This is what I wanted and expected to hear from most everyone; it was also my intent to make it user-friendly and self explanatory.

I'm glad you found it useful!

Enjoy,

MadForPlaid