PDA

View Full Version : Charles Rogers update

NJ Chief Fan
09-04-2006, 05:33 PM
Monday Night Countdown just said no team is currently interested in him, the only WR currently receiving interest is Koren Robinson by the Packers

jspchief
09-04-2006, 05:41 PM
I guess no NFL team wants to win games.

/mecca

Brock
09-04-2006, 05:44 PM
LMAO

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-04-2006, 05:46 PM
The only thing Chaz Rogers ever did in the NFL was that stupid madden commercial he made with Ray 'Ginsu' Lewis before his rookie year.

RealSNR
09-04-2006, 05:46 PM
I guess no NFL team wants to win games.

/mecca ROFL

blueballs
09-04-2006, 05:48 PM
if Martz don't want that wr
in his camp
few will

booger
09-05-2006, 12:02 AM
I hope we take a look at Watts or Tyrone Calico. Either could be the 5th WR and take Hannon's spot. Stay on the inactive list unless needed for an injury and learn the system. A long term tryout to see if we could find a WR for the future. At the 5th WR spot that's a place we could afford to do something like this IMO.

Or Even Rookie WR Greg Lee from Pitt who we had interest in in the draft being added to the PS.

Halfcan
09-05-2006, 12:28 AM
Herm talks like we are set at WR.

booger
09-05-2006, 12:40 AM
I'd say our whole roster is pretty much set.

On a typical week tuesday is the players off day, when Herm has his weekly press conference. Also usually the day when they work out players who they want to evaluate, maybe not signing them, but looking to see who might help us down the line.

Not unlike others that were cut, Rodgers is not signed yet for a reason. Health, character, etc.

With the names that are out there, there isn't really any hurry, plus available players want to find the right situation as well.

Robaire Smith is probably the guy who will get the most attention. He went through all of camp so it isn't like he is out of shape. He will get a few teams interested and go to the highest bidder.

I wouldn't be suprised to see us work out some you OT's for a spot on the practice squad.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-05-2006, 07:26 AM
Rogers is one strike away from a one year suspension. He is obviously a :loser:

ck_IN
09-05-2006, 08:18 AM
Between the 3 #1 picks they used at WR two have been huge busts.

It kind of make you wonder if Harrington was all that bad.

CoMoChief
09-05-2006, 10:54 AM
Between the 3 #1 picks they used at WR two have been huge busts.

It kind of make you wonder if Harrington was all that bad.

Doesn't make me wonder at all, Harrington is a piece of shit.

NJ Chief Fan
09-05-2006, 11:19 AM
Sep 5 Armando Salguero, of the Miami Herald, reports Miami Dolphins head coach Nick Saban would not dismiss speculation that the team would work out free agent WR Charles Rogers (Lions). ''I know he worked very, very hard to get back from his first collarbone or shoulder injury, then [injured the collarbone] again,'' Saban said. "Things just haven't worked out for him there. . . . He has a lot of ability.''

buddha
09-05-2006, 12:31 PM
Yes, Chris Hannon will be hard to push out the door!??

While the Chiefs have good front line talent and some depth at certain positions, WR isn't one of them. Kennison is a "good" receiver at this point...not great. Parker hasn't proven anything and he's our #2 guy. After that, it's a crap shoot. I know we don't rely on our receivers as much as many teams, but I'd continue working out receivers if there was a chance that ANY of them is better than Chris Hannon. Likely...they are.

Brock
09-05-2006, 12:33 PM
There probably are better receivers out there. Charles Rogers isn't one of them.

Tribal Warfare
09-05-2006, 12:38 PM
I'd definitely would take a flyer on Rogers low risk high reward.

Brock
09-05-2006, 12:39 PM
I'd definitely would take a flyer on Rogers low risk high reward.

"High" reward is correct.