PDA

View Full Version : HOW LONG UNTIL GOLDEN BOY JAY CUTLER UNSEATS JAKE PLUMMER THIS SEASON??

09-05-2006, 05:21 PM
Just wondering what everybody thinks about shanahans leash with Plummer this year..will he be yanked in favor of the golden boy??
yes or no??
and at what time in the season..

please explain how you voted also..

Hammock Parties
09-05-2006, 05:25 PM
Plummer will get yanked if he repeats his '04 season or starts choking big time in an important game.

09-05-2006, 05:36 PM
Plummer will get yanked if he repeats his '04 season or starts choking big time in an important game.
he came close to choking in a couple of games in 05 too..if memory serves me correct..
there will be alot of pressure on plummer now..without a doubt..

vailpass
09-05-2006, 05:57 PM
Cutler never sees the field during significant PT barring an injury to Plummer.
As much as opposing fans might want to think otherwise, there is no QB controversy in Denver. Plummer is capable of improving on his appearance in last year's AFC West title game.
Montana, Young, Elway. Shanny has coached some better-than-average QBs and has a plan for Cutler.

HerculesRockefell
09-05-2006, 05:59 PM
Cutler plays in games that are over, one way or the other, and once Denver's playoff situation is set.

JBucc
09-05-2006, 06:00 PM
Plummer gets abducted by crazed chiefs fan who demands one night with Carrie Underwood for his release

09-05-2006, 06:03 PM
Cutler never sees the field during significant PT barring an injury to Plummer.
As much as opposing fans might want to think otherwise, there is no QB controversy in Denver. Plummer is capable of improving on his appearance in last year's AFC West title game.
Montana, Young, Elway. Shanny has coached some better-than-average QBs and has a plan for Cutler.
this is the first time plummer has had a promising QB ride the pines behind him anywhere..arizona or denver..dont you think that will put alot of pressure on him???
and how do you think he will react to that pressure???

RealSNR
09-05-2006, 06:08 PM
Plummer is capable of improving on his appearance.To me he still looks like a backwoods retard with that beard of his

vailpass
09-05-2006, 06:13 PM
this is the first time plummer has had a promising QB ride the pines behind him anywhere..arizona or denver..dont you think that will put alot of pressure on him???
and how do you think he will react to that pressure???

Good questions; one of the Bronco beat writers commented on the same thing last week. He said Plummer's personality is that of the "I don't give a sh*t" variety; that Plummer is glad to have the media focus somewhere other than on him.
No matter how good Cutler looks you have to remember that he is a rookie. Plummer is a savvy veteran (i.e. ball-fakes, bootlegs, etc.) in a system that runs on knowledge and command of the offense more than arm strength.

In the meantime he has been playing loose and having an outstanding pre-season.

vailpass
09-05-2006, 06:14 PM
To me he still looks like a backwoods retard with that beard of his

LMAO
Plummer shaved the beard. But you might want to be careful, your QBOTF appears to take style lessons from Jake.

kcxiv
09-05-2006, 06:25 PM
Cutler is going to be a great one. in all honesty they should just start him now. If i was a donk fan, iw ould be screaming to let him start learning asap.NO reason to hold back his development.

Bowser
09-05-2006, 06:59 PM
I voted ride the pine, but do so thinking Plummer is on a SHORT leash.

Teams don't trade up for QB's in the first round just to let them sit idly by.

09-05-2006, 07:08 PM
Cutler is going to be a great one. in all honesty they should just start him now. If i was a donk fan, iw ould be screaming to let him start learning asap.NO reason to hold back his development.
I agree.cutler should start.the broncos have a good offensive line..and constantly do misdirections like the ole bootleg..
and always have a great running game..a perfect scenario to learn the offense.

I never liked plummer when he was in arizona too...he reminds me of a mobile craig morton..another chronic choker in his days with the cowboys and the broncos..

ceebz
09-05-2006, 07:34 PM
I hope Cutler never sees the field.

listopencil
09-05-2006, 07:37 PM
Cutler plays in games that are over, one way or the other, and once Denver's playoff situation is set.

Yep. That's what I meant by other.

craneref
09-05-2006, 07:41 PM
Let me see, who was the last QB the Donkeys drafted in the first round that looked good in preseason and was supposed to be the QBOTF after Elway, ummmmm...oh yeah...Maddox, I think Cutler will be the same, which is par with Plummer. GO CHIEFS!!

Halfcan
09-05-2006, 08:06 PM
Jeez how many thread are you gonna start?

Who cares??

09-05-2006, 08:10 PM
Jeez how many thread are you gonna start?

Who cares??

well..you did post in a thread you just said you dont care about..right???

but..I give you kudos..I have been starting way too many threads!!!
and I want to thank you for pointing that out to me!!!

Florida_Bronco
09-05-2006, 08:17 PM
Let me see, who was the last QB the Donkeys drafted in the first round that looked good in preseason and was supposed to be the QBOTF after Elway, ummmmm...oh yeah...Maddox, I think Cutler will be the same, which is par with Plummer. GO CHIEFS!!

That is a way different situation.

Halfcan
09-05-2006, 08:18 PM
well..you did post in a thread you just said you dont care about..right???

but..I give you kudos..I have been starting way too many threads!!!
and I want to thank you for pointing that out to me!!!

LOL, just giving you shit-post as many threads with bouncing boobs as you want-I don't mind-I really don't

09-05-2006, 08:21 PM
LOL, just giving you shit-post as many threads with bouncing boobs as you want-I don't mind-I really don't
haha!!!LOL!!!

the tribal elders here told me it's getting old..and that I'm a kid??

I'm 41!!!

and I still love boobs!!! :)

Halfcan
09-05-2006, 08:26 PM
Who doesn't love boobs-you can never have TOO many boob threads-Fight the Power!!!

milkman
09-05-2006, 09:07 PM
Plummer is a savvy veteran

LMAO

That's funny right there, I don't care who ya are!

NJ Chief Fan
09-05-2006, 09:13 PM
CUTLER NEVER SEES THE FIELD PERIOD THIS IS JAKE THE SNAKE PLUMMER WE ARE TALKING ABOUT...HES A SUPER STAR ONE OF THE ALL TIME GREATS

boogblaster
09-05-2006, 10:29 PM
Jake only looks good against us at Donkland..but this year just might be our year at Denver..the kid will be playing by the end of the season..too good of a arm to not play him...BOOG....

HerculesRockefell
09-05-2006, 10:43 PM
Jake only looks good against us at Donkland..but this year just might be our year at Denver..

Yeah, you guys were smoked at Invesco and won at Arrowhead by 4, obviously this is your year to win in Denver.

jspchief
09-06-2006, 06:15 AM
The only way Cutler becomes the starter is if the Broncos' season goes to shit (highly unlikely) or if Plummer has several really bad games in a row (much more likely).

StcChief
09-06-2006, 07:50 AM
mid season