PDA

View Full Version : On right now..... 38 the Sports Spot: Chiefs season preview

Kylo Ren
09-05-2006, 06:11 PM
It's on right now if anyone is interested. Hosted by Jack Harry with Adam Teicher, Nick Athan and Kevin Keitzman. :banghead:

I must add this comment about Jack Harry. I can't stand that bastard. He's a bitter old man. That is all.

So far it's doom and gloom from all 4 of them.

Kylo Ren
09-05-2006, 06:12 PM
Keitzman says the Chiefs were fools for not picking up Norv Turner.

Hammock Parties
09-05-2006, 06:12 PM
Nick was doom and gloom?

Kylo Ren
09-05-2006, 06:14 PM
Keitzman thinks Gonzales isn't any good any more. Chiefs fans are crazy to think he's going to do anything this year. He doesn't deserve a new contract. Carl is cray for giving him a penny.

Bowser
09-05-2006, 06:15 PM
Keitzman is a dumbass. He wants to unload Tony Gonzalez. He didn't say as much, but he sees no reason to extend Gonzalez's contract. In his words - "He's 30 years old, and on the downside of his career." Idiot. I still say Ketitzman's dislike of Gonzalez comes from when 810 was on radio row at the Super Bowl a few years back. They saw Gonzo, asked if he would come on the air with them, and he refused. Kevin bitched about that a few times, and started up his "let's trade Tony for someone else" shit.

He's Jack Harry's understudy in bitterness towards the Chiefs.

Kylo Ren
09-05-2006, 06:16 PM
Teicher: Herm and Solari aren't on the same page. Herm is going to hold Solari back and that is going to ruin the offense. We're a high power, quick strike offense but Herm wants us to be a ball control, grind it out offense. It's a square peg in a round hole. The sky is falling.

Kylo Ren
09-05-2006, 06:17 PM
Keitzman: Herm is already lowering expectations and setting up the season to be blamed on the players and not himself. We're doomed.

Bowser
09-05-2006, 06:17 PM
Nick was doom and gloom?

Not as much as the others.

I didn't hear Jack talk, but Teicher was going on about how the offense won't go for the throat, and how Trent isn't going to like it. Then Kevin with his dipshittery.

Bowser
09-05-2006, 06:18 PM
Keitzman: Herm is already lowering expectations and setting up the season to be blamed on the players and not himself. We're doomed.

Keitzman hates the Chiefs, plain and simple.

Hammock Parties
I hope we lose 53-52 just to prove these guys wrong.

Kylo Ren
Keitzman: Gunther was a terrible head coach and isn't a good DC. He's overrated. If the defense improves, it has nothing to do with Gunther. Gunther is a joke.

Kylo Ren
09-05-2006, 06:20 PM
Not as much as the others.

I didn't hear Jack talk, but Teicher was going on about how the offense won't go for the throat, and how Trent isn't going to like it. Then Kevin with his dipshittery. Athan has been more positive than anyone else. He defended Trent Green when Keitzman and Teicher threw the offense under the bus.

Keitzman is counting our game at Denver as an automatic loss.

Bowser
09-05-2006, 06:21 PM
I hope we lose 53-52 just to prove these guys wrong.

I love how these shitheads just KNOW that Herm wants to win games 16-13. Never mind that when he first got here, he said he never had an offense that could score 30 a game, and wasn't going to touch it. Now, that might have changed a bit (i.e.- run the play clock down before snapping the ball), but I just don't believe that there is a coach out there who DOESN'T want to score 30+ a game.

Kylo Ren
09-05-2006, 06:22 PM
Teicher just trashed James Reed and Ron Edwards. They aren't any better than Sims and Daulton.

Keitzman: Sims is on the team only because of his contract. (implying that Herm lied)

Kylo Ren
09-05-2006, 06:23 PM
Keitzman: Herm is counting on the punter being his main offensive weapon. But that doesn't work when your defense sucks.

Bowser
09-05-2006, 06:24 PM
Keitzman: Sims is on the team only because of his contract. (implying that Herm lied)

Yeah, because the last year of Sims' rookie contract is a real cap buster.

Man that guy pisses me off. Hard to believe I used to listen to his show religiously.

Kylo Ren
09-05-2006, 06:24 PM
Athan is defending Sims. They don't seem to want to talk about Hali. He must be a bright spot. They don't want to waste time on bright spots.

keg in kc
09-05-2006, 06:25 PM
I'm so sorry I missed it.

Kylo Ren
09-05-2006, 06:25 PM
Now they are going to discuss the Bengals. I can't wait to hear how good the Bengals are.

Hammock Parties
09-05-2006, 06:39 PM
http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/3523/chickenkcfq6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Coach
09-05-2006, 06:41 PM
Anyone from the board who sees KK, please kick his ****ing goddamn ass.

Mecca
09-05-2006, 06:42 PM
So what does the red X have to do with the thread.....

Hammock Parties
09-05-2006, 06:42 PM
The Bengals don't even have their regular middle linebacker for this game. They've got a converted outside linebacker there.

If Kawika was on the bench this Sunday, we'd all have already resigned ourself to the Bengals racking up 150 yards.

Kylo Ren
09-05-2006, 06:45 PM
Keitzman and Teicher: It's a gimmee that the Bengals O will score 24 or more because the Chiefs D sucks. There's no way the Chiefs O can outscore that. Game over.

Tribal Warfare
09-05-2006, 06:47 PM
If Kawika was on the bench this Sunday, we'd all have already resigned ourself to the Bengals racking up 150 yards.

not really slide DJ to MLB and put Fox at SSLB

Mecca
09-05-2006, 06:48 PM
Keitzman and Teicher: It's a gimmee that the Bengals O will score 24 or more because the Chiefs D sucks. There's no way the Chiefs O can outscore that. Game over.

Uhm.......I do think it's pretty much a given the Bengals are scoring atleast 24 points I don't have much to argue about there.

Bowser

What's Teicher's deal? He has always been one of those glass half empty guys when it comes to the Chiefs.

Kylo Ren
Predictions:

Jack Harry 8-8

Adam Teicher 8-8

Kevin Kietman 9-7
But then he said he really wanted to pick 7-9 but he bumped it up to 9-7. He gave no logical reasoning for this. He said he didn't want to be a fence sitter and predict 8-8. But, in my book, 8-8 isn't 7-9, so I don't know what he meant by that. He made it clear that 7-9 was really his prediction.

Nick Athan: 11-5
They all laughed at Athan.
Athan said the Chiefs would win 7 of 8 at home and split 4-4 on the road. That sounds logical to me.

JBucc
09-05-2006, 06:50 PM
It's a sad day for the KC media when Athan is the logical one

Bowser
I'm pretty sure Teicher has picked us to go 8-8 every year he has been here. I'm pretty shocked Jack and Kevin didn't go 6-10 or lower.

Kylo Ren
I didn't hear KK say ONE good thing. He seemed giddy thru the whole show every time he preached doom and gloom. Teicher didn't say hardly anything good except for back handed compliments. Athan was more realistic and reasonable. He wasn't a homer but he wasn't chicken little either. Jack Harry was trying to find his false teeth and his can of Ensure. He's such a bitter old man!

Bowser
It's a sad day for the KC media when Athan is the logical one

Heh. No shit.

Sure-Oz
09-05-2006, 07:18 PM
It's funny how everyone was saying how good we were before Roaf retired and now one player has a domino effect on the team to suck, i remember harry balls was saying how good carl was on getting players in and everything, now we suck?? ok, ya whatever. I still think this offense can be great, i just hope herm dont **** with it too much, i dont mind draining the clock but not when we are up 7 in the 3rd qtr.

Halfcan
09-05-2006, 08:04 PM
KK sucks

Phobia
09-05-2006, 08:17 PM
I can't believe you watched that. I like Adam despite his negativity. He's a lot better to read than listen to. It's tough to patronize anything Keitzman is a part of.

chop
09-05-2006, 08:26 PM
I can't believe you watched that. I like Adam despite his negativity. He's a lot better to read than listen to. It's tough to patronize anything Keitzman is a part of.

IMO, after reading alot ot Teichers stuff, I think he is lazy. There isn't anything he has to say that we all don't already know. I don't know if he doesn't want to do research or if there is something else that prevents him from doing more digging to get information that is not widely known already.

beer bacon
09-05-2006, 08:27 PM
For some reason I think I heard somewhere that Teicher is a fan of the Raiders. Can anyone confirm/deny this?

Hammock Parties
He's comfortable. I don't fault him. I'd be doing the same if I was in his position.

keg in kc
I can't believe you watched that. I like Adam despite his negativity. He's a lot better to read than listen to. It's tough to patronize anything Keitzman is a part of.Not to mention Jack Harry. Those two on Wednesdays on WHB (if they still do that) is some of the worst self-congratulating media whining I've ever heard in my life.

Oh woe is me, oh woe is me! Carl Peterson's the devil and Bob Moore's his press agent.

Radio would be so much better if these guys would realize people tune in for the sports, not for them. It's Whitlock-itis, where the personalities think they're bigger (figuratively speaking) than the people they cover.

dirk digler
09-05-2006, 08:35 PM
I am glad those 3 ****nuts don't like the Chiefs chances this year because that means we might be actually good.

I would rather the Chiefs fly under the radar and get no respect.

patteeu
09-05-2006, 09:06 PM
For some reason I think I heard somewhere that Teicher is a fan of the Raiders. Can anyone confirm/deny this?

I've never heard that. It's possible, I guess. I know he's a fan of the Anaheim Angels so he might be a California guy. He's also a fan of Michigan State, his alma mater.

Phobia
09-05-2006, 09:09 PM
I hadn't heard Raiders. I have heard he's a fan of some team other than the Chiefs but I don't recall who it was exactly. I'll try to remember to ask him next time I see him around.

Bowser
09-05-2006, 09:10 PM
I hadn't heard Raiders. I have heard he's a fan of some team other than the Chiefs but I don't recall who it was exactly. I'll try to remember to ask him next time I see him around.

Are you going all Dane McCloud on us, Hollywood?

:D

keg in kc
09-05-2006, 09:16 PM
I believe he's a San Diego Chargers fan.

Bowser
09-05-2006, 09:19 PM
I believe he's a San Diego Chargers fan.

Marty should get him a job with the San Diego papers.

Messier
09-05-2006, 09:30 PM
I remember several years ago Teicher was on a national radio show where they had the beat reporter for every team on to talk about their teams. Every one knew what they were talking about except Adam. He totally embarrassed himself, he said "well, I don't live in Kansas City so right now I'm not up on the Chiefs" It was soooo bad. The host made fun of him after he was off.

ChiefsCountry
09-05-2006, 09:38 PM
First of all 38 spot sports show is a joke so is the 4 clowns that were on it.

bobbything
09-05-2006, 09:39 PM
I just don't understand why Teicher seems to think Edwards and Solari aren't "on the same page." I didn't see anything in the preseason to lead me to believe this offense is going to "slow down." They still looked aggressive. They may not have been that effective, but they never are in the preseason.

I agree with whoever said Teicher is lazy. I don't think he really pays that much attention to anything. I was at training camp. I saw the preseason. I've listened to Trent Green. Nothing is leading me to believe that Herm Edwards is going to put the breaks on this offense. Doing so would be stupid.

Who the hell says, "Nah. I don't want to score that much?"

KChiefs1
09-05-2006, 09:42 PM
I was watching Big Brother so thankfully I missed it.

Mecca
09-05-2006, 10:11 PM
I just don't understand why Teicher seems to think Edwards and Solari aren't "on the same page." I didn't see anything in the preseason to lead me to believe this offense is going to "slow down." They still looked aggressive. They may not have been that effective, but they never are in the preseason.

I agree with whoever said Teicher is lazy. I don't think he really pays that much attention to anything. I was at training camp. I saw the preseason. I've listened to Trent Green. Nothing is leading me to believe that Herm Edwards is going to put the breaks on this offense. Doing so would be stupid.

Herm was pretty pissed off about Solaris play calling in the Rams game.....

jidar
09-05-2006, 10:20 PM

Then you weren't paying attention. Twice Herm complained about the playcalling in after game press conferences. Both times he though we should have just run the ball to grind the clock instead of pass plays being called in certain situations.

A lot of people didn't like what he was saying, it could easily be construed as him saying he's going to neuter the offense. Either way it sucks when the head coach is going to reporters and complaining about the play calling.

CoMoChief
09-05-2006, 10:32 PM
Herm was pretty pissed off about Solaris play calling in the Rams game.....

They should have ran the ball in that situation though, especially with Croyle under center.

MGRS13
09-06-2006, 12:17 AM
They should have ran the ball in that situation though, especially with Croyle under center.
zing!

Rep!

Dr. Van Halen
09-06-2006, 10:40 AM
I remember several years ago Teicher was on a national radio show where they had the beat reporter for every team on to talk about their teams. Every one knew what they were talking about except Adam. He totally embarrassed himself, he said "well, I don't live in Kansas City so right now I'm not up on the Chiefs" It was soooo bad. The host made fun of him after he was off.

I remember that! I wrote to the Star and complained, actually. Teicher is a VERY lazy reporter. He truly doesn't seem to enjoy his job, and it shows in his writing.

CupidStunt
09-06-2006, 11:27 AM
Uhm.......I do think it's pretty much a given the Bengals are scoring atleast 24 points I don't have much to argue about there.

Of course you don't. You get stiff just thinking of the Bengals.