PDA

View Full Version : Youth coach attacks opposing player...

memyselfI
09-05-2006, 06:53 PM
yeah, it's on the news since it was on caught on video. I think it happens more then we hear and it's ruining youth sports. A coach of an opposing team once grabbed the arm of one of my son's team players and almost started a brawl. The kids were 8 freakin years old.

:shake:

http://www.foxreno.com/news/9790495/detail.html

Bowser
09-05-2006, 07:06 PM
That guy is lucky he can still walk.

Donger
09-05-2006, 07:07 PM
A coach of an opposing team once grabbed the arm of one of my son's team players and almost started a brawl. The kids were 8 freakin years old.

Maybe they should not have been shouting "Allahu Akhbar!"

09-05-2006, 07:19 PM
wow

JBucc
09-05-2006, 07:22 PM
that video made me laugh

listopencil
09-05-2006, 07:30 PM
If one of the opposing coaches did that to one of my kids during a game I would charge the field and beat the living **** out of him. I'd have to be pulled away from the dickhead by a crowd.

WilliamTheIrish
09-05-2006, 07:35 PM
I might have done the same thing. That was a cheap shot by the kid.

ChiefaRoo
09-05-2006, 07:44 PM
I might have done the same thing. That was a cheap shot by the kid.

Earth to silly KSU meathead. They're KIDS! Your comment is stupid on so many levels it boggles the mind.

Skip Towne
09-05-2006, 07:55 PM
If one of the opposing coaches did that to one of my kids during a game I would charge the field and beat the living **** out of him. I'd have to be pulled away from the dickhead by a crowd.
What all would you do if the opposing coach was Evander Holyfield?

Bob Dole
09-05-2006, 07:57 PM
Bob Dole had an opposing player's mother charge Bob Dole on the mound when Bob Dole was 14.

This ain't a new thing.

WilliamTheIrish
09-05-2006, 08:02 PM
Earth to silly KSU meathead. They're KIDS! Your comment is stupid on so many levels it boggles the mind.

Chiefofspoo,

I realize you come from the Gene Stephenson school of Hit The Batter In The Eye In The On Deck Circle, which is apparently okay..... Cause they're big kids.

The dude was wrong. But I can't say I wouldn't kick the kid's ass and his parent(s) too.

Skip Towne
09-05-2006, 08:04 PM
Listen, dickwad, William is my personal punching bag. Know your place, n00b!!

Frazod
09-05-2006, 08:05 PM

Bullshit. Mean little kids grow up to be nasty adults. Were you never a child? That rotten little cheapshot bastard deserved to get flatened. But he should have been flatened by ANOTHER KID, not the friggin coach.

WilliamTheIrish
09-05-2006, 08:07 PM

No, no, no.

I have no problem beating down this Wichita State fan. Not only would I beat him like a rented Tijuana mule, I'd give him the 'shocker' he asks for when finished.

But thanks anyway skip.

ChiTown
09-05-2006, 08:13 PM
No, no, no.

I have no problem beating down this Wichita State fan. Not only would I beat him like a rented Tijuana mule, I'd give him the 'shocker' he asks for when finished.

ROFL

Skip Towne
09-05-2006, 08:19 PM
No, no, no.

But thanks anyway skip.
:LOL:

Halfcan
09-05-2006, 08:22 PM
I would kick that guys ass if he had touched my kid. And everytime I ever saw him, I would kick his ass again.

jidar
09-05-2006, 08:46 PM
Dumb thing to do, but I can't help but think the kid ought to have his ass beat. That other kid he put the cheap shot on was much smaller too. I can understand the parent wanting to throttle the little ****er even if I don't agree with what he did.

RedDread
09-05-2006, 09:00 PM
That was a great hit IMO.

KCFalcon59
09-05-2006, 09:04 PM
Bullshit. Mean little kids grow up to be nasty adults. Were you never a child? That rotten little cheapshot bastard deserved to get flatened. But he should have been flatened by ANOTHER KID, not the friggin coach.

Exactly!!

Thig Lyfe
09-05-2006, 09:05 PM
Can he play tackle?

Coach
09-05-2006, 09:05 PM
Too bad Wesley can't hit like that.

Skip Towne
09-05-2006, 09:06 PM
I would kick that guys ass if he had touched my kid. And everytime I ever saw him, I would kick his ass again.
What all would you do to him if he happened to be Mike Tyson?

Skip Towne
09-05-2006, 09:08 PM
Flattened.

WilliamTheIrish
09-05-2006, 09:08 PM
What all would you do to him if he happened to be Mike Tyson?

Halfcan would let Mike nibble gently on his ear.

Bowser
09-05-2006, 09:12 PM

???

Skip Towne
09-05-2006, 09:12 PM
Yep. I find it hilarious that these tough guys are going to whip some ass. With NO consideration as to who is the whippee. Obvious phoneys who couldn't whip anybody.

ChiefaRoo
09-05-2006, 09:16 PM
This thread is a douche magnet. Big purple, KSU douches with bad haircuts and poorly fitting purple sweatshirts from Manhattan's finest sportswear (seconds) factory outlet.

"Yee Haw, lets kick the shite out of some kid he's gotta learn sumtime. Hey Billy when we're done lets go and get us sum Taco Bell"

Simplex3
09-05-2006, 09:17 PM
He should have been flattened by his OWN FATHER (who is probably absent in his life), but judging by his behavior neither of his own f**king DNA donors have bothered to actually parent him. Sadly someone else's parent did a little parenting.

Second, I like how they've glossed over the fact that this other team "had a pattern of making late hits". Should be easy enough to pull the stats on late hit penalties. Another fine half-a** job by another POS reporter. Maybe journalism classes actually ARE full of meathead idiots.

WilliamTheIrish
09-05-2006, 09:18 PM
This thread is a douche magnet. Big purple, KSU douches with bad haircuts and poorly fitting purple sweatshirts from Manhattan's finest sportswear (seconds) factory outlet.

Yee Haw, lets kick the shite out of some kid and go get us sum Taco Bell.

Wichita's finest checking in.

Doo da indeed.

You got your ass kicked in the cafeteria at Mt. Carmel again today, didn't you?

Bwana
09-05-2006, 09:18 PM
Heh! Can you say.......

OWNED!

Simplex3
09-05-2006, 09:19 PM
I'd kick your ass if you had a kid.

dirk digler
09-05-2006, 09:19 PM
If that coach hit my kid like that I would shot him in his face and ass **** his wife

Bwana
09-05-2006, 09:22 PM
I don't know who would catch the wrath first if that were my kid that pulled a low test cheap shot like that on another kid. My kid, or the coach that hit the kid? It would not be a happy day for either one of them. I can say that with 100% conviction.

ChiefaRoo
09-05-2006, 09:23 PM
Chiefofspoo,

I realize you come from the Gene Stephenson school of Hit The Batter In The Eye In The On Deck Circle, which is apparently okay..... Cause they're big kids.

The dude was wrong. But I can't say I wouldn't kick the kid's ass and his parent(s) too.

You sir are a true vulgarian.

PS - I don't follow baseball.

ChiefaRoo
09-05-2006, 09:26 PM

Skip, don't you have an off topic and useless thread to start somewhere?

Simplex3
09-05-2006, 09:27 PM
I don't know who would catch the wrath first if that were my kid that pulled a low test cheap shot like that on another kid. My kid, or the coach that hit the kid? It would not be a happy day for either one of them. I can say that with 100% conviction.
Your scenario assumes that the other coach gets to your kid before you do. My son would be begging for the other coach to come and take over.

Bwana
09-05-2006, 09:32 PM
Your scenario assumes that the other coach gets to your kid before you do. My son would be begging for the other coach to come and take over.

Likewise.

The kid that got drilled by the coach plays a great victim in the video though. You can't tell me daddy hasn't been doing a little “coaching of his own” with Jr. looking for a big payday down the road.

WilliamTheIrish
09-05-2006, 09:33 PM
You sir are a true vulgarian.

PS - I don't follow baseball.

I'm sorry. Did I just cause your male camel-toe some distress? Perhaps you'd feel better over at Shockernet, where things are well.... more for the little kids.

Run along, Chiefofspoo.

Ugly Duck
09-05-2006, 09:40 PM
I'd have to be pulled away by the dickhead

Fixed it for you....

Simplex3
09-05-2006, 09:52 PM
Fixed it for you....
You're jealous that he has one, right?

BigRedChief
09-05-2006, 09:53 PM
As a youth coach this chit pisses me off. Parents are the cause of this not the kids. There is a growing problem in youth sports with the parents driving the behaviour. Coaches feel like they have to put up with agressive parents because the parents kid is usually the best one on the field and the coach wants to win.

I may never win a state championship but we will do it the right way or not at all.

listopencil
09-05-2006, 10:04 PM
No one could pull me away from a dick's head

Fixed it for you...

listopencil
09-05-2006, 10:11 PM
What all would you do if the opposing coach was Evander Holyfield?

Wait until he wasn't looking and shoot him in the back, I guess.

boogblaster
09-05-2006, 10:19 PM
Where is Woody Hayes when you need him..BOOG....

ChiTown
09-05-2006, 11:10 PM

"Yee Haw, lets kick the shite out of some kid he's gotta learn sumtime. Hey Billy when we're done lets go and get us sum Taco Bell"

lol

Psst, you are a WSU fan. Need we say more?

ROFL

ChiefaRoo
09-05-2006, 11:39 PM
[QUOTE=ChiTown]lol

ROFL[/QUOTE

I'm proud to be a WSU basketball fan. It's a great program and went to the sweet 16 last year. KU got beat in the first round by a team that WSU took two out of three from. KSU didn't even get an NIT bid and Mizzou and Oklahoma and Nebraska all either sucked and didn't do anything during the season or got their shite packed early in the tournament. The results speak for themselves and WSU will be a more talented team this upcoming season. So what's your point? or are you just gonna sit in the flatlands of KS and whack your pee pee?

Smed1065
09-05-2006, 11:44 PM
Even when it is jake plummer flipping youR kid off.

I believe you cause million dollar performers suck over one fan . IIRC.

Pencil--LOL dick

ROFL

listopencil
09-05-2006, 11:50 PM
Even when it is jake plummer flipping youR kid off.

I believe you cause million dollar performers suck over one fan . IIRC.

Pencil--LOL dick

ROFL

Stand up and step away from that crab infested penis you were just smoking before you post next time. Your "clientelle" will still be there later to trade lip service for cocaine and it colors your judgement. You should know better than to access the internet at work.

penchief
09-06-2006, 05:06 AM
Chiefofspoo,

Yeah, my first impression when I saw it on the news was, "wow, that was a cheap shot by that punk."

I would have ran right by the kid and went for his coach. That was a dirty play from behind after the whistle. He targeted someone half his size. And he intended to do exactly what he did. You could tell by the way he strutted off. That kid's coach should have been out on the field yanking him from the game by his earhole and embarassing him in front of the crowd. But he was probably too busy enjoying the cheap shot himself.

Hound333
09-06-2006, 05:16 AM
See they totally went against why I love football. You do not have to do something stupid like this. (and the adult was stupid, did he think he wasn't going to get arrested?) The team can take care of this kind of business on the field.

Simplex3
09-06-2006, 05:38 AM
See they totally went against why I love football. You do not have to do something stupid like this. (and the adult was stupid, did he think he wasn't going to get arrested?) The team can take care of this kind of business on the field.
...unless the kid in question is twice the size of any of the kids on your team. Then if the other kid's parents and coaches don't seem to give a crap what are you supposed to do?

Oh, the ref was going to throw a flag. Whoop-de-freaking-do. This little turd should be thrown out of the league and never allowed back in, but you KNOW that won't happen.

Someone needed to put a stop to this mini-Romo before he got any more aggressive. What's sad for society is that his own coaches and parents weren't willing to teach him that lesson.

Hound333
09-06-2006, 07:07 AM
What's sad for society is that his own coaches and parents weren't willing to teach him that lesson.

This is actually my thoughts exactly. There is very little you can do if the parents or coaches of the other team don't care. ( I teach so I see this all the time.) You cannot take matters into your own hands though if you are an adult. For the kid it is a slap on the wrist. For an adult its jail time. This thug will get his once he's in high school and tries the same thing on someone out of the football arena. Say hello to Bubba your new cell mate. He's real friendly like.

jspchief
09-06-2006, 07:17 AM
...unless the kid in question is twice the size of any of the kids on your team. Then if the other kid's parents and coaches don't seem to give a crap what are you supposed to do?

Oh, the ref was going to throw a flag. Whoop-de-freaking-do. This little turd should be thrown out of the league and never allowed back in, but you KNOW that won't happen.

Someone needed to put a stop to this mini-Romo before he got any more aggressive. What's sad for society is that his own coaches and parents weren't willing to teach him that lesson.Give me a f*cking break. It was a late hit. Throw the flag, take your yards, play on.

Jesus, it's tackle football, not ballet. Late hits happen a lot, especially on STs plays. It's not like he dove at the kid's knee or something.

Making a big production out of it just pussifies the kid that got hit.

Saulbadguy
09-06-2006, 07:19 AM
JACKED UP.

KcMizzou
09-06-2006, 07:20 AM
You've got to be kidding.

:shake:

Robo-Chachi
09-06-2006, 07:33 AM
Give me a f*cking break. It was a late hit. Throw the flag, take your yards, play on.

Jesus, it's tackle football, not ballet. Late hits happen a lot, especially on STs plays. It's not like he dove at the kid's knee or something.

Making a big production out of it just pussifies the kid that got hit.

Yes. Yes. Yes. Instead of talking about who should be kicking whos ass let the referees handle the situation. Flag him or throw him out. There's no need to escalate the situation.

Maybe we could have the dad of the kid who gets hit by the other dad come out and shoot the attacking dad in the face for a really nice conclusion.

Rain Man
09-06-2006, 07:51 AM
Bob Dole had an opposing player's mother charge Bob Dole on the mound when Bob Dole was 14.

This ain't a new thing.

That must've been a pretty bad wild pitch.

Rain Man
09-06-2006, 07:55 AM
Three comments.

1. The guy that hit the kid was wrong. Let the ref handle it, or if the ref isn't handling it, pull the team off the field and file a complaint with the league.

2. It's absolutely ridiculous to be charging the guy with felony child abuse.

3. If he really thought that the thug kid was being a thug, there's a time-honored tradition for handling this. Run a play right at the guy, get someone to stand him up, and have a couple of other players dive on his knees. Every team should have a "Broncos, on three" play in their playbook for these situations. It solves the problem for the rest of the season.

ChiTown
09-06-2006, 07:56 AM
[QUOTE=ChiTown]lol

ROFL[/QUOTE

I'm proud to be a WSU basketball fan. It's a great program and went to the sweet 16 last year. KU got beat in the first round by a team that WSU took two out of three from. KSU didn't even get an NIT bid and Mizzou and Oklahoma and Nebraska all either sucked and didn't do anything during the season or got their shite packed early in the tournament. The results speak for themselves and WSU will be a more talented team this upcoming season. So what's your point? or are you just gonna sit in the flatlands of KS and whack your pee pee?

You are suffering from little man's syndrome. That's ok, and it's fully understandable knowing that you follow Commuter State University.

;)

I'm just giving you $hit. I know the true WSU fans have a puffy chest over that Sweet 16 bid and all - deservedly so. That's a nice little accomplishment for your Program.........

Rain Man
09-06-2006, 08:00 AM
I bet Tim Krumrie does the exact same thing at least once this year.

ChiTown
09-06-2006, 08:02 AM
I bet Tim Krumrie does the exact same thing at least once this year.

That would be well worth the price of admission to witness that.....especially if he lays out a Bronco or Raidah

Chiefnj
09-06-2006, 08:05 AM
At least the poor traumatized boy who was hit is healthy enough to go on a gazzillion tv shows. What's the over/under on the # of days until a lawsuit is filed?

jspchief
09-06-2006, 08:20 AM
At least the poor traumatized boy who was hit is healthy enough to go on a gazzillion tv shows. What's the over/under on the # of days until a lawsuit is filed?If an adult tackled my 13 year old, I'd be tempted to sue too.

I don't understand how people can defend that adult's actions. Sure the kid made a late hit that was probably a cheap shot. But he's a 13 year old kid, and kids are stupid like that.

The coach that tackled him on the other hand... not only should he know better, he's in a position to set the right example, not escalate things by acting like as much of a thug as the kid.

alpha_omega
09-06-2006, 08:39 AM
But...who won the game?

Simplex3
09-06-2006, 09:19 AM
If an adult tackled my 13 year old, I'd be tempted to sue too.

I don't understand how people can defend that adult's actions. Sure the kid made a late hit that was probably a cheap shot. But he's a 13 year old kid, and kids are stupid like that.

The coach that tackled him on the other hand... not only should he know better, he's in a position to set the right example, not escalate things by acting like as much of a thug as the kid.
First, I don't think the guy should have nailed a 13yo kid. What none of us know, and some have asked about, is how many cheap shots this 13yo turd has taken on players this year, the year before, etc. It may well be that the coach has tried to handle it the right way for years but the league, the other coach, and the kid's parents didn't bother to take care of it.

Demonpenz
09-06-2006, 09:22 AM
my link says they were 13

jspchief
09-06-2006, 09:23 AM
First, I don't think the guy should have nailed a 13yo kid. What none of us know, and some has asked about, is how many cheap shots this 13yo turd has taken on players this year, the year before, etc. It may well be that the coach has tried to handle it the right way for years but the league, the other coach, and the kid's parents didn't bother to take care of it.That scenario requires an aweful lot of speculation.

I could just as easily speculate that this kid up until this point has been every parents dream, and that it was just so noisy at the game that he didn't hear the whistle.

I guess if this kid has been a habitual terror on the Pop Warner fields, that info will surface soon enough.

Demonpenz
09-06-2006, 09:26 AM
I can't help to think that one one here lets their kid play hockey. Also thats whats called standing around a pile.

Chiefnj
09-06-2006, 09:26 AM
If an adult tackled my 13 year old, I'd be tempted to sue too.

I'd be tempted to sue as well. I wouldn't be tempted to push my 13 year old kid in front of every television news camera I could find looking for my 15 minutes of fame.

jspchief
09-06-2006, 09:28 AM
I'd be tempted to sue as well. I wouldn't be tempted to push my 13 year old kid in front of every television news camera I could find looking for my 15 minutes of fame.At first glimpse, I'd say I wouldn't either.

But being from flyover country, I might be tempted just for the free trips to NY or LA. :)

Demonpenz
09-06-2006, 09:46 AM
that hit wasn't even that late.

greg63
09-06-2006, 09:49 AM
The guy obviously allowed his emotions to overrule his common sense, assuming he had any in the first place; he obviously didn't think it through.

htismaqe
09-06-2006, 10:00 AM
We almost had a brawl in our soccer league, and our league is for THREE TO FIVE YEAR OLDS.

One kid, who was bigger than all of the other kids, was running down and tackling our kids. In some cases, the ball was at the other end of the field.

Our coach did the right thing and pulled our team off the field. Of course, part of that is because 3-year old soccer is 3-on-3 and two of our kids were bawling their eyes out.

At that point, the opposing team's coach (who also happened to be the thug kid's dad) started screaming at our coach about "penalizing the kids" and "wasting everyone's time". It got pretty heated and several of the parents on our side were ready to let him have it. We finally just all packed up and left.

Pitt Gorilla
09-06-2006, 10:02 AM
Chiefofspoo,

The dude was wrong. But I can't say I wouldn't kick the kid's ass and his parent(s) too.How about high school? Would you run on the field then as well?

KC Kings
09-06-2006, 10:02 AM
I'd be tempted to sue as well. I wouldn't be tempted to push my 13 year old kid in front of every television news camera I could find looking for my 15 minutes of fame.

Anybody that is sticking up for the coach/parent is thinking with their internet brain, and is out of touch with reality. If one of my kids got hit late and the other team had been making that a habit, I would have stopped the game and addressed the ref's and opposing coaches. Not only was he wrong for hitting the kid, he was also wrong as a coach if he watched other kids get hit late as part of this "habit", but didn't act upon it until his own child was hit late. As a coach you have to take complete reponsibilty for every kid on the field, not just your own.

After coaching 3 years of T-ball, 1 basketball, and just starting my first football season, I have only had one instance that I had to step in and take action with a coach/parent. In our first game this summer our third baseman was standing right on the baseline and was in the way of the runner. The runner came running into third, and they did a little shuffle dance trying to get out of each others way. Their third base coach told his runner that "you don't run around the fielder, you run through them". I had used the same rule with my kids teaching them that you stay out of the way so that you don't get run into, but obviously never instructed a 6 year old in a rec league to run down another kindergartener.

I stopped the game, approached the coach, and calmly belittled him in front of everybody, loud enough for the crowd to hear as many of the parent heard his instructions. I waited about 30 seconds before I said anything though, and made sure that I was completely cool and prepared to do the right thing. If I would have jumped down the guys throat and he ran his mouth, it could of very easily escalated and gotten out of hand.

Pitt Gorilla
09-06-2006, 10:05 AM
Exactly. Good post. :clap:

Robo-Chachi
09-06-2006, 10:06 AM
We almost had a brawl in our soccer league, and our league is for THREE TO FIVE YEAR OLDS.

One kid, who was bigger than all of the other kids, was running down and tackling our kids. In some cases, the ball was at the other end of the field.

Our coach did the right thing and pulled our team off the field. Of course, part of that is because 3-year old soccer is 3-on-3 and two of our kids were bawling their eyes out.

At that point, the opposing team's coach (who also happened to be the thug kid's dad) started screaming at our coach about "penalizing the kids" and "wasting everyone's time". It got pretty heated and several of the parents on our side were ready to let him have it. We finally just all packed up and left.

I had similar situations in my daughters kindergarten soccer league. It seems sometimes the parents of the bigger, more aggresive kids seem oblivious to their kids behavior because they're too busy day dreaming about their kid playing soccer on scholarship at Syracuse.

Pitt Gorilla
09-06-2006, 10:08 AM

Someone needed to put a stop to this mini-Romo before he got any more aggressive. What's sad for society is that his own coaches and parents weren't willing to teach him that lesson.It seems pretty clear that you never played football. You can always put a big guy on the ground. A high-low combo block is one option.

Robo-Chachi
09-06-2006, 10:09 AM
Anybody that is sticking up for the coach/parent is thinking with their internet brain, and is out of touch with reality.

Agreed. I can't imagine any of us, no matter how stupid a thing our kid just did, would not go ballistic if an adult physically got into it with them.

Pitt Gorilla
09-06-2006, 10:12 AM
First, I don't think the guy should have nailed a 13yo kid. What none of us know, and some have asked about, is how many cheap shots this 13yo turd has taken on players this year, the year before, etc. It may well be that the coach has tried to handle it the right way for years but the league, the other coach, and the kid's parents didn't bother to take care of it.Could the late hit have been retaliation? Surely you considered that possibility. I put a corner on the ground in HS for a cheap shot he put on our QB. The play was going the other direction, I "missed" my assignment, and got yelled at in film. I'd guess it happens more than one might expect.

htismaqe
09-06-2006, 10:12 AM
I had similar situations in my daughters kindergarten soccer league. It seems sometimes the parents of the bigger, more aggresive kids seem oblivious to their kids behavior because they're too busy day dreaming about their kid playing soccer on scholarship at Syracuse.

Well, this kids dad was obviously an ex-jock or hyper-competitive or something. He threw a fit when they stopped the clock and when the parents on our side got on him about it, he got physically confrontational.

My daughter is like me - slow, marginally athletic, and easily bored. She'd rather play video game soccer than real soccer most of the time. She plays soccer because she has fun with her teammates, not because she's good at it. Having ADHD Fred running around hurting people ruins it...

jspchief
09-06-2006, 10:15 AM
Could the late hit have been retaliation? Surely you considered that possibility. I put a corner on the ground in HS for a cheap shot he put on our QB. The play was going the other direction, I "missed" my assignment, and got yelled at in film. I'd guess it happens more than one might expect.It's tackle football. 3 seconds earlier and it would have simply been a good hit.

I can't believe how some of the people have reacted to the actions of the kid, as if that's the story.

Predarat
09-06-2006, 10:15 AM
Some of these people are just plain crazy!!

09-06-2006, 10:16 AM
It's tackle football. 3 seconds earlier and it would have simply been a good hit.

I can't believe how some of the people have reacted to the actions of the kid, as if that's the story.
that coach is a man/adult..he should have used self control..

there is no excuse for what he did to that kid!!!

ChiefaRoo
09-06-2006, 10:23 AM
You are suffering from little man's syndrome. That's ok, and it's fully understandable knowing that you follow Commuter State University.

;)

I'm just giving you $hit. I know the true WSU fans have a puffy chest over that Sweet 16 bid and all - deservedly so. That's a nice little accomplishment for your Program.........

Aww shucks, thanks for throwing me a bone. Now I'll be able to sleep well. :)

PS - The days of WSU being the "little man" of KS basketball are gone.

ChiefaRoo
09-06-2006, 10:27 AM
That would be well worth the price of admission to witness that.....especially if he lays out a Bronco or Raidah

At least in that scenario they'd all be adults. I'm not quite getting some of you guys. An eye for an eye cheap shot retaliation is really only acceptable among players. Coaches should never go on the field. Would you really want Herm running out onto the field ala Woody Hayes trying to strangle Jake Plummer? (ok, I know it's tempting to say yes, so change Plummer to say Big Ben) It's a low rent move fellas and when you add the fact that the coach is a 30 something man and the kid is what 8 or 10 years old its BS. The kid should of been yanked off the field by his coach for the cheap shot and forced to apologize after the game to the other kid.

Rain Man
09-06-2006, 10:33 AM
that hit wasn't even that late.

To be honest, that was my first thought too.

Rain Man
09-06-2006, 10:35 AM

This is off-topic, but can a three year-old even understand rules yet? I don't have kids, so I don't know.

greg63
09-06-2006, 12:55 PM

…Sounds as if cooler heads prevailed. Man that is just asinine

fan4ever
09-06-2006, 01:04 PM
What I thought spoke volumes about the video, and pardon me if it's already been addressed, is the wussy little retreat he does when he sees the ref coming at him. Then to escape over the fence? If I were angry enough to attack a kid on a field, I'd have to be so berserk that I would lose all concern for safety and take on all comers whether it was a sure fired ass-beating or not.

ChiefsOne
09-06-2006, 02:11 PM
That parent should be banned from school sports for his entire life. Not even believable that he was a coach.

The hit wasn't even late or a bad one, boohoo some kid got knocked to the ground. It's football not chess! Get up grab a buddy and take the guy out on the next play. Smaller or not, one go high one go low. Make him think about it next time.

WilliamTheIrish
09-06-2006, 02:51 PM
How about high school? Would you run on the field then as well?

What's this question got to do with the incident?

memyselfI
09-06-2006, 04:43 PM
That parent should be banned from school sports for his entire life. Not even believable that he was a coach.

The hit wasn't even late or a bad one, boohoo some kid got knocked to the ground. It's football not chess! Get up grab a buddy and take the guy out on the next play. Smaller or not, one go high one go low. Make him think about it next time.

In the incident with my son's soccer team, the opposing coach (who grabbed our player's arm) had the kid's older brother held back from him and after alot of yelling between parents on both sides, the confrontation ended. But, we reported the team and the incident to the Arena management (was an indoor soccer game) and they promptly did ZILCH.

That is the problem with situations like this. Unless they are caught on tape, as was the one described in the article, it's just easier for them to go away. Out of sight, out of mind...

Thig Lyfe
09-06-2006, 05:05 PM
I can't wait to see the gifs that come out of that clip.

Calcountry
09-06-2006, 05:18 PM
Bullshit. Mean little kids grow up to be nasty adults. Were you never a child? That rotten little cheapshot bastard deserved to get flatened. But he should have been flatened by ANOTHER KID, not the friggin coach.You should have seen this chit. It was on good day today with some stringy broad info babe, interviewing this kid this morning.

Pussyfication of America is what this is.

Do I justify the Coaches actions, by no means, he crossed the line.

But let's disect this a bit.

One, the kid put a cheap shot on one of this coaches players, and then walked away like it was nothing.

Two, the kid had helmet and pads on, and the coach pushed him to the ground, nothing more than that kid could expect in a full contact football game.

Three, the instigator kids' parents have him on national TV today complaigning about it, him sitting inbetween them, 2 females. When asked by the News anchor, I could see a snicker forming in the wry little circles of his mouth.

This is all about getting paid IMO.

Where is this kids father. If he were mine, he would get a late hit when he got home, and there would be no more to talk about. You wouldn't see me on TV raising hell over it. A simple apology from the Coach to my face, and my son would suffice.

We all have lost in in the heat of battle, I wouldn't want to ruin a guys life over something I am sure he feels stupid over.

Where is the emotional scarring that this kid will suffer from this?

I just don't see it.

Pussification, and getting paid, that is what this is all about.

The Coach should be fired, and forced to do some community service, but I can't see him doing jail time over this, as these two broads want.

Calcountry
09-06-2006, 05:21 PM
He should have been flattened by his OWN FATHER (who is probably absent in his life), but judging by his behavior neither of his own f**king DNA donors have bothered to actually parent him. Sadly someone else's parent did a little parenting.

Second, I like how they've glossed over the fact that this other team "had a pattern of making late hits". Should be easy enough to pull the stats on late hit penalties. Another fine half-a** job by another POS reporter. Maybe journalism classes actually ARE full of meathead idiots.I said exactly this before I read down to here.

Calcountry
09-06-2006, 05:22 PM
If that coach hit my kid like that I would shot him in his face and ass **** his wifeNo you woudln't, you should see these 2 chicks that claimed this kid.

Calcountry
09-06-2006, 05:24 PM
Where is Woody Hayes when you need him..BOOG....Yeah, he started all this crap.