PDA

View Full Version : The Florida Marlins are incredible

Pitt Gorilla
09-06-2006, 10:18 PM
Every year or so, they put together an outstanding team with a fairly low payroll. They outdraft, outscout, and outtrade just about every team in MLB. Their front office deserves kudos for how that team is run. Incredible.

Basileus777
09-06-2006, 10:20 PM
Now if only people would go to their games.

kcxiv
09-06-2006, 10:23 PM
no shit.alot of people missed that no hitter.

Frazod
09-06-2006, 10:32 PM
And IIRC, as a team they make less than Pay-Rod. :shake:

milkman
09-06-2006, 10:36 PM
And IIRC, as a team they make less than Pay-Rod. :shake:

According to a couple of the people at ESPN Radio, there are at least 5 players on the Yankees that make more individually than the Marlins entire payroll.

And apparently most observers feel that their manager has done a remarkable job, but it appears that he will be let go at the end of the season.

kcxiv
09-06-2006, 11:07 PM
According to a couple of the people at ESPN Radio, there are at least 5 players on the Yankees that make more individually than the Marlins entire payroll.

And apparently most observers feel that their manager has done a remarkable job, but it appears that he will be let go at the end of the season.
Marlins always do that. They have a cheap payroll, but they have good talent and know how to pick up other teams good talent. Sucks they will never have a dynasty, but at least they can win a world series. Been since 1988 since i seen my team win one. i was like 12 years old :(.

HolmeZz
09-06-2006, 11:09 PM
The Marlins payroll is like 14 million. There are a good number of major league players that make that in a season. I think the Yankees have 4 outfielders that all make that much each(Damon, Matsui, Sheffield, Abreu). That's not even including guys like Giambi, Jeter, and ARod, or their pitchers.

And I really really doubt they get rid of Girardi at the end of the year. Lauria would be retarded to.

kcxiv
09-06-2006, 11:12 PM
The Marlins payroll is like 14 million. There are a good number of major league players that make that in a season. I think the Yankees have 4 outfielders that all make that much each(Damon, Matsui, Sheffield, Abreu). That's not even including guys like Giambi, Jeter, and ARod, or their pitchers.

And I really really doubt they get rid of Girardi at the end of the year. Lauria would be retarded to.
And both teams have won the same ammount of World Series in the last 10 years or so. 2 each. lol.

Then again i wouldnt mind if my team could buy one,its withing the rules.

NJ Chief Fan
09-06-2006, 11:18 PM
gotta give the A's and twins some credit as well

Halfcan
09-06-2006, 11:54 PM
Got to give the Royals credit too-for taking all the shitty players and old vets off the market for the Marlins. They would be nowhere without the Royals.

Thig Lyfe
09-07-2006, 12:03 AM
Got to give the Royals credit too-for taking all the shitty players and old vets off the market for the Marlins. They would be nowhere without the Royals.
Well, to be fair, the Royals have a very low payroll.

Wait...

Demonpenz
09-07-2006, 12:04 AM
we should have dumped that pussy sweeney and kept beltran. stupid glass

kcxiv
09-07-2006, 12:13 AM
gotta give the A's and twins some credit as well
I would give the A's Credit but they havent won shit with that moneyball stuff. I guess its ok to get to the play offs every year but get smoked in the first round. I think us Chiefs fans know how 1 and done feels.