PDA

View Full Version : Madden 07, and a few reasons why its crap

kcxiv
09-06-2006, 10:28 PM
i didnt make this Video's, but just check it out.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=95698859&blogID=162762314

Hammock Parties
09-06-2006, 10:28 PM
PC version is your savior. F the 360.

|Zach|
09-06-2006, 10:30 PM
Ugly glitch...having said that. I don't think there is anyway you could make Madden fans happy.

kcxiv
09-06-2006, 10:33 PM
I am not a madden fan and i havent been since the 93 version on super nintendo.

CHENZ A!
09-06-2006, 10:33 PM
who cares? that's stupid, I guarantee that will only happen when someone is trying to do it.

kcxiv
09-06-2006, 10:34 PM
who cares? that's stupid, I guarantee that will only happen when someone is trying to do it. naw, that Warrick Dunn running can happen to anyone. regardless if your trying to or not. Thats a result of not having gang tackling.

kcxiv
09-06-2006, 10:35 PM
PC version is your savior. F the 360.yeah, I downloaded that one, it reminded me of 06 on the xbox though.

Ultra Peanut
09-06-2006, 10:35 PM
Have I mentioned...

CHENZ A!
09-06-2006, 10:38 PM
naw, that Warrick Dunn running can happen to anyone. regardless if your trying to or not. Thats a result of not having gang tackling.

all I saw was some guy just standing in the pocket a couple seconds, then throwing the ball behind him, pretty sure that has never happened to me or anyone else I know.

Basileus777
09-06-2006, 10:38 PM
The video with Vick and the bugged fatigue brought up memories of Tecmo Bowl and Bo Jackson.

CHENZ A!
09-06-2006, 10:40 PM
didn't scroll down, my bad. but the throwing backwards thing is still dumb.

RedDread
09-06-2006, 10:41 PM
Yeah the fatigue is bugged on the 360 version but I haven't noticed any of the other glitches yet. A lot of those are platform specific.

NJ Chief Fan
09-06-2006, 10:53 PM
i went for a 2 point conversion didnt get in, and it became second down, scored a another TD but went for the PAT instead this time, so i scored 2 TD's in 4 seconds

Pitt Gorilla
09-06-2006, 11:09 PM
2k5 was awesome.

kcxiv
09-06-2006, 11:10 PM
2k5 was awesome.
your telling me, i have to quit football gaming until the NFL wises up and trashes the exclusive. I dont care who makes the damn game, but give me a good sim game. I dont even play consoles at all anymore because there is no football game worth playing.

htismaqe
09-07-2006, 05:51 AM
your telling me, i have to quit football gaming until the NFL wises up and trashes the exclusive. I dont care who makes the damn game, but give me a good sim game. I dont even play consoles at all anymore because there is no football game worth playing.

No football game worth playing?

Bullshit.

NCAA 2007 is a GREAT game.

htismaqe
09-07-2006, 05:52 AM

The NFL won't trash the exclusive any time soon, it was their idea.

htismaqe
09-07-2006, 05:55 AM

Keep saying that.

The PC lost it's greatest advantage - that ability to patch post-release.

When and how EA patches to fix the fatigue bug (it's due next week) remains to be seen, but I purchased my 360 because of College Hoops 2k6. The XBox version had a couple of bugs. The 360 version fixed one of them (it was developed later). I bought the console and game, fired it up, and right off the bat it downloaded and patched the game, fixing the second bug. I've been playing the game now for over 2 months with no issues.

PC gaming has been slowly dying for several years. Enjoy it while you can, Dinosaur Jr.

htismaqe
09-07-2006, 05:56 AM
Have I mentioned...

Why yes, yes, you did...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=146372

chagrin
09-07-2006, 06:04 AM
I think it's funny when the QB's arm goes around in a complte circle and throws a perfect spiral, also when the dude that gets tackjled, or does the tackling is on the ground and then all of the suddn, he spins himself around 360 degrees, like he's break dancing.
Yeah, those glitches suck.

Rausch
09-07-2006, 07:39 AM
I'll have some time to finally play this thing with the g/f out of town this week but if it once again doesn't allow you to use custom playbooks in franchise mode I'll likely sell it.

Cheap.

Hammock Parties
09-07-2006, 07:40 AM
My custom playbook in franchise mode is great....on the PC. :D

kcxiv
09-07-2006, 08:21 AM
No football game worth playing?

Bullshit.

NCAA 2007 is a GREAT game.
I still stand by what i say. Thereis no football game worth me spending 50-60 bucks on. If thier was for me i would have it, and well i dont.

Maly
09-07-2006, 08:23 AM
Its crap because EA didnt go with the NEXT Gen graphics...They stayed with the same graphics engine they have used for the past 3 fricken years...People put video cards in your computers so they will put next gen graphics into 08....

dirk digler
09-07-2006, 08:26 AM
Keep saying that.

When and how EA patches to fix the fatigue bug (it's due next week) remains to be seen, but I purchased my 360 because of College Hoops 2k6. The XBox version had a couple of bugs. The 360 version fixed one of them (it was developed later). I bought the console and game, fired it up, and right off the bat it downloaded and patched the game, fixing the second bug. I've been playing the game now for over 2 months with no issues.

PC gaming has been slowly dying for several years. Enjoy it while you can, Dinosaur Jr.

Don't get me started about EA patches.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y222/deesies/noproblem.jpg

CoMoChief
09-07-2006, 09:11 AM
Every game has glitches. The main thing I dont like about the 360 Madden is that it's hard to cut and get good angles. The regular Xbox and PS2 versions are much easier run, cut, that kinda thing. I can't play any type of pass defense in the 360 version like I could with the other consoles.

Kyle401
09-07-2006, 09:19 AM
I'm still playing 2K2 on Dreamcast...

listopencil
09-07-2006, 10:00 AM
I'm still playing 2k5 on PS2.

CoMoChief
09-07-2006, 10:01 AM
I'm still playing 2K2 on Dreamcast...

That was a great game.

Pneuma
09-07-2006, 10:12 AM
I hate how the new drive summary between scores is yellow and plastered with Sprints logo...also the soundtrack sucks balls

Demonpenz
09-07-2006, 10:25 AM
i am holding off buying the struggling 360 until ps3 comes out

Valiant
09-07-2006, 10:41 AM
Keep saying that.

I love my 360, but the PC games are not slowly dying.. They just keep getting better and better...

The new Battlefield, UT and Quake games are still light years away from what you can achieve on a console.. Then add the fact of all the mmop's...

Valiant
09-07-2006, 10:43 AM
I hate how the new drive summary between scores is yellow and plastered with Sprints logo...also the soundtrack sucks balls

You can put in your own soundtrack...

Valiant
09-07-2006, 10:46 AM
ROFL

Man I will give you credit for you constant bias...

dirk digler
09-07-2006, 11:07 AM
I love my 360, but the PC games are not slowly dying.. They just keep getting better and better...

The new Battlefield, UT and Quake games are still light years away from what you can achieve on a console.. Then add the fact of all the mmop's...

I don't have any consoles but I do love PC games. I am BF2 addict and I can't wait for Quake Wars it is going to be awesome.

With that being said EA sucks big hairy balls as far as I am concerned. They have tried 4 different patches with BF2 and shit is still broken from when it was first released.

L.A. Chieffan
09-07-2006, 11:54 AM
i agree man, I HATE Madden, i mean cmon the guy was head coach of the fu_ckin Raiders, how could you go and buy that shit. Plus EA sports games suck period. Horrible graphics, tired engines, useless pointless unneccessary additions, blah, blah. Sega's 2 k series was far superior. It made me extremly sad when i heard EA and NFL signed an exclusive rights deal. How fascist is that?

KCChiefsMan
09-07-2006, 01:29 PM
Madden 07 is absolutely horrible, for the 360 anyways. I'm already back to playing Oblivion

htismaqe
09-07-2006, 01:43 PM
I still stand by what i say. Thereis no football game worth me spending 50-60 bucks on. If thier was for me i would have it, and well i dont.

You don't like College Football, good for you.

You said that there isn't a football game worth a shit. You're wrong.

htismaqe
09-07-2006, 01:44 PM

Struggling 360?

ROFL ROFL ROFL

htismaqe
09-07-2006, 01:45 PM

For every game you mentioned there, there are 10 more games that would have been released for the PC 10 years ago that are console-only today.

I'm an avid PC-gamer, but even I can recognize that the market is not what it used to be.

hypersensitiveZO6
09-07-2006, 03:01 PM
I have to go with the PC crowd on this one.

Valiant
09-07-2006, 03:36 PM
For every game you mentioned there, there are 10 more games that would have been released for the PC 10 years ago that are console-only today.

I'm an avid PC-gamer, but even I can recognize that the market is not what it used to be.

To an extent maybe, but FPS and online RPG's will still rule a quite while longer... There is no console out there right now that can handle 128player + servers that I like playing... Games like the BF series and Quakewars will keep getting better and bigger..

The other side to that is, the consoles themselves are computers with less harddrive.. 360, PS3 are all just limited computers..

As for the lack of titles out today compared to then I would think has more to do with margin of profit that these smaller companies can no longer take.

And unfortunatly the only leaps on new games you see is when devolopers leave one company and start their own. "black and White series" Most games are just rehashes that customers love "C&C, UT's"

But some of the most popular games are created by the fans themselves, Counterstrike-halflife....

htismaqe
09-07-2006, 03:39 PM
To an extent maybe, but FPS and online RPG's will still rule a quite while longer... There is no console out there right now that can handle 128player + servers that I like playing... Games like the BF series and Quakewars will keep getting better and bigger..

The other side to that is, the consoles themselves are computers with less harddrive.. 360, PS3 are all just limited computers..

As for the lack of titles out today compared to then I would think has more to do with margin of profit that these smaller companies can no longer take.

And unfortunatly the only leaps on new games you see is when devolopers leave one company and start their own. "black and White series" Most games are just rehashes that customers love "C&C, UT's"

But some of the most popular games are created by the fans themselves, Counterstrike-halflife....

There will always be a niche for the PC. However, the gaming industry has shifted dramatically in the last few years. The console used to be the specialty system with narrow appeal and the PC was the broad-spectrum gaming machine. It's now the other way around...

kcxiv
09-07-2006, 03:50 PM

The new Battlefield, UT and Quake games are still light years away from what you can achieve on a console.. Then add the fact of all the mmop's...nope, ask blizzard and ther 6.2 million copies sold of World of warcraft.

htismaqe
09-07-2006, 03:52 PM
nope, ask blizzard and ther 6.2 million copies sold of World of warcraft.

That's ONE game.

In fact, 3 or 4 games account for almost 70% of all PC game sales for 2005.

keg in kc
09-07-2006, 03:55 PM
There will always be a niche for the PC. However, the gaming industry has shifted dramatically in the last few years. The console used to be the specialty system with narrow appeal and the PC was the broad-spectrum gaming machine. It's now the other way around...I'm fine as long as I get my periodic Knights of the Old Republic/NWN/Dungeon Siege/Oblivion (yes, I know it's multiple-platform).

NWN2 in a month and a half, baby.

htismaqe
09-07-2006, 03:58 PM
I'm fine as long as I get my periodic Knights of the Old Republic/NWN/Dungeon Siege/Oblivion (yes, I know it's multiple-platform).

NWN2 in a month and a half, baby.

NWN2 is a game I'll check out.

I personally loved Dungeon Siege 2, but it was the first PC game I bought since WarcraftIII came out. I don't play MMORPG and admittedly, that's a genre that will likely exist only on the PC for the forseeable future.

keg in kc
09-07-2006, 04:08 PM
I've quit playing MMO's for good. Just too time-consuming.

I'm re-playing Dungeon Siege 2 right now, as a bit of a reprieve from Oblivion. It's a fun game. Expansion pack came out not long ago, which is what got me playing it again.

JBucc
09-07-2006, 04:11 PM
I've never played an MMO, never had a good enough computer to, but I bet I'd get hooked really easy.

keg in kc
09-07-2006, 04:17 PM
I've never played an MMO, never had a good enough computer to, but I bet I'd get hooked really easy.They're as addictive as hard drugs, IMHO. I still twitch sometimes when I read stores about World of Warcraft. It's literally an act of will not to play, sometimes. And they can destroy your life, costing you friends and relationships and jobs. No shit about that...

htismaqe
09-07-2006, 04:18 PM
That's pretty much my deal too. I have enough problems not spending every waking minute gaming...

MMORPG = heroin

Spott
09-07-2006, 05:20 PM
all I saw was some guy just standing in the pocket a couple seconds, then throwing the ball behind him, pretty sure that has never happened to me or anyone else I know.

I rented O7 when it first came out and it happened to me on the second game I played. I sent my RB on a short pattern about 5 yards out, and Big Ben threw the ball backwards about 40 yds. I ran the replay to see if the QB got hit while throwing and there wasn't. Just a glitch I guess.

dirk digler
09-07-2006, 08:34 PM

Yep. Also a large part of it is that there is really only 3-4 big name companies that make the majority of the games. EA has bought out alot of the smaller companies just like MS does.

Thig Lyfe
09-07-2006, 09:08 PM
I'm ok with 07 for PS2 so far. But I think I should have gotten NCAA instead.

GoodDaySir!
09-07-2006, 09:14 PM
Any word on the 360 roster update?

Iowanian
09-07-2006, 09:47 PM
If its the PSII version.....I'll take it...cheap.

I'll have some time to finally play this thing with the g/f out of town this week but if it once again doesn't allow you to use custom playbooks in franchise mode I'll likely sell it.

Cheap.

dj56dt58
09-07-2006, 09:56 PM
not to mention i'm still stuck with lenny walls being burned every time i play online..update the ****in rosters for christ sake

Ceej
09-07-2006, 10:07 PM
The only game i'll ever play on PC is Counterstrike, however Steam sucks. :(