PDA

View Full Version : KU Football charges babies for tickets

Saulbadguy
09-07-2006, 07:48 AM
http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2006/sep/07/guess_what_parents_babies_charged_adult_prices_gam/?ku_news

Does Arrowhead do this?

I am actually in favor of this. I don't think an infant really has a place at a football game. There is alot of things that happen at games (loud music, fireworks, etc) that could easily frighten a child that small. The article makes a good point too, they aren't just carrying a baby, they usually have a huge diaper bag full of shit with them, and at least one of the parents spends the entire game trying to get the baby to stop crying.

Leave the kid at home - spend the $35 on a babysitter.

jspchief
09-07-2006, 07:50 AM
I think that's lame.

If it's free on an airplane, it should be free in a stadium.

Brock
09-07-2006, 07:51 AM
Who takes a baby to a football game?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/customavatars/avatar826_2.gif

Hound333
09-07-2006, 08:01 AM
I was at the KU game and a friend had this happen to her. She has season tickets and a 6 month old baby. At the gate they made her go buy a 35 dollar ticket for the baby or she wouldn't be allowed in. Kinda lame to charge a 6 month old. Tell me again, how is this suppose to get more people to attend?

Hound333
09-07-2006, 08:03 AM
Who takes a baby to a football game?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/customavatars/avatar826_2.gif

Ok I will agree with this. If you have a baby young enough to warrent no charge they most likely shouldn't be there. I still say its bad form on KU's part though.

DMAC
09-07-2006, 08:03 AM
If it needs a seat, it needs a ticket, soooo...

Eleazar
09-07-2006, 08:04 AM
Then they can count the babies in the attendance! :p

I like kids a lot, and if you can keep yours under control then it's not a big deal if they are there.

If they are crying or throwing a fit though, take them up to the concourse immediately. Nobody paid $80 to spend 3 hours sitting a foot away from a screaming baby.

jspchief
09-07-2006, 08:09 AM
If it needs a seat, it needs a ticket, soooo...That's why the kid sits on your lap.

By the way, my daughter went to her first Chiefs game when she was 10 months old.

jidar
09-07-2006, 08:14 AM
In my opinion there is nothing "family oriented" about taking a small child to a football game where the child will be bored and cranky the whole time. This is just the parents wanting to live out their vision of family fun, and they're doing it at the expense of the child (ironically) and everyone around them.

I know because I've been there. We made those same mistakes a few times with our first, but we wised up.

Leave the babies at home, you'll have opportunities for family football games when the kids are grown enough to enjoy it.

This actually goes for a lot of other things as well.

Lzen
09-07-2006, 08:31 AM
In my opinion there is nothing "family oriented" about taking a small child to a football game where the child will be bored and cranky the whole time. This is just the parents wanting to live out their vision of family fun, and they're doing it at the expense of the child (ironically) and everyone around them.

I know because I've been there. We made those same mistakes a few times with our first, but we wised up.

Leave the babies at home, you'll have opportunities for family football games when the kids are grown enough to enjoy it.

This actually goes for a lot of other things as well.

Yep.
:clap:

Maly
09-07-2006, 08:33 AM
Then they can count the babies in the attendance! :p

I like kids a lot, and if you can keep yours under control then it's not a big deal if they are there.

If they are crying or throwing a fit though, take them up to the concourse immediately. Nobody paid $80 to spend 3 hours sitting a foot away from a screaming baby.

I agree..Leave the babies at home..
Cant be good for a babies hearing anyway...

jspchief
09-07-2006, 08:44 AM
Hmm, my baby didn't cry at all.

Sounds to me like a lot of people that don't have kids and have pre-conceived notions of them.

Besides, like listening to some baby crying is any more annoying than listening to the douchebag next to you that doesn't know shit about football saying that we need to get rid of Trent Green.

jidar
09-07-2006, 08:49 AM
Sounds to me like a lot of people that don't have kids and have pre-conceived notions of them.

:hmmm:

Eleazar
09-07-2006, 08:49 AM
Hmm, my baby didn't cry at all.

Besides, like listening to some baby crying is any more annoying than listening to the douchebag next to you that doesn't know shit about football saying that we need to get rid of Trent Green.

Hey, I used to sit next to that guy.

jspchief
09-07-2006, 08:51 AM
All I know is my daughter loved it. When she got bored, we got up and left. She never cried once either. People in here act like all children do is cry non-stop.

Eleazar
09-07-2006, 08:53 AM
All I know is my daughter loved it. When she got bored, we got up and left. She never cried once either. People in here act like all children do is cry non-stop.

I know that they don't, but come on, have you really never been annoyed by crying baby at a sporting event?

Nobody said all they do is cry. I even said that if they are being quiet, who cares.

jspchief
09-07-2006, 08:55 AM
, have you really never been annoyed by crying baby at a sporting event?

Never.

How many babies are at the typical sporting event? It's not like we're at Disneyland. I can count the number of times I've sat next to a baby at a sporting event on one hand.

Lzen
09-07-2006, 08:56 AM

ROFL Yeah, I've been next to that douchebag.

FTR, I have 3 kids. The first time I ever took them to a game was when the 2 boys were 8 & 11. I would never take a baby or very young child to a football game. Too long, too loud, too boring, etc. for them, IMO. I guess you and I will have to agree to disagree on this issue.