PDA

View Full Version : I'm both sad and excited... kinda strange really

pr_capone
09-08-2006, 12:30 AM
I'm sad because I took my puppy Keely to be spayed today.

http://www.sighost.org/sigs/keelypose.jpg

As I was leaving the vets office the nurse picked her up to take her for surgery prep and she gave me a look that said "Dont you love me anymore??? Why are you leaving me with these strange people???"

:crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

Its amazing how attached I have become to her in just the short time she has been with me.

Anyhow... on to the excited part. :D

My wife and I have already started talking about having a family. I told her long ago that I would like to have a child of my own but that I REALLY want to adopt a kid as well. There are too many kids out there in the world that need a loving mom and dad.

Well... Cathy calls me today while I am at work and apprised me that she has a student in her class (13yr old girl) that is sweet, shy, and quiet that LOVES school and LOVES to learn. This girl is in foster care with the schools D.A.R.E officer. Cathy is thinking that she might want to adopt this girl.

I might be a dad sooner than expected. :hmmm:

Funny thing is though that I was 12 years old when this girl was born and she is the same age as my little brother. lol

Any of you here have experience with the adoption of an older child and such???

Also, what help is available govt wise? I'm needing to start the research now as apparently this might happen alot sooner than expected. lol

Phobia
09-08-2006, 12:40 AM
I don't have any experience adopting older children but I think you should get them spayed as soon as possible.

pr_capone
09-08-2006, 12:44 AM
I don't have any experience adopting older children but I think you should get them spayed as soon as possible.
ROFL

jspchief
09-08-2006, 06:32 AM
Good luck. I would think taking on a teenager at your young age will be challenging. At the same time I think it's a noble thing to do.