PDA

View Full Version : where to stay in Denver for week 2 game?

whoaskew
09-08-2006, 04:27 PM
My girlfriend bought plane tickets for us to go to Denver for the week 2 game. We arrive in Denver Friday morning at 7:40am and arrive here (KC) at 9:30am Monday morning.

She told me to pick the hotel and to find the game tickets.

Any suggestions for a hotel?

Also, is there any sights that we should see while we are there during the 4 days/3 nights?

siberian khatru
09-08-2006, 04:29 PM
Chez Rain Man.

Dark Horse
09-08-2006, 09:29 PM
Coors brewery, the tour is boring but there is free beer at the end

Rain Man
09-08-2006, 09:39 PM
I'm doing a big remodeling project on the house and my wife and I stayed at the Magnolia Hotel downtown one night to get away from the dust. It was one of the nicest hotel rooms I've ever been in. For about $280, we got an enormous three-room suite with a full kitchen PLUS a surf 'n' turf dinner for two at Morton's Steakhouse, which is one of the best steakhouses you'll ever dine at. If you want to splurge, this is a GREAT place. Plus, it's right downtown so if you're here more than a day or two, you can walk to the Capitol, the Art Museum, the Colorado History Museum, and other stuff.

http://www.magnoliahoteldenver.com/

Buy the Morton's package.

Archie F. Swin
09-08-2006, 09:48 PM
www.hotwire.com

Halfcan
09-08-2006, 09:53 PM
Whats with the gay Bunghole helmet??

Skip Towne
09-08-2006, 09:54 PM
I don't think I could sleep in a room that cost $280. I know Saul couldn't. Although the Capital and the Art Museum are very fine attractions I think I'll pass.

Skip Towne
09-08-2006, 09:59 PM
I'm doing a big remodeling project on the house and my wife and I stayed at the Magnolia Hotel downtown one night to get away from the dust. It was one of the nicest hotel rooms I've ever been in. For about $280, we got an enormous three-room suite with a full kitchen PLUS a surf 'n' turf dinner for two at Morton's Steakhouse, which is one of the best steakhouses you'll ever dine at. If you want to splurge, this is a GREAT place. Plus, it's right downtown so if you're here more than a day or two, you can walk to the Capitol, the Art Museum, the Colorado History Museum, and other stuff.

Capitol? Did I actually find a mistake in a Rainman post? Capital.

Bowser
09-08-2006, 10:07 PM

Quick! Change lives with me! We'll do it on three! 1...2......3..

HerculesRockefell
09-08-2006, 10:09 PM
Capitol? Did I actually find a mistake in a Rainman post? Capital.

No, he was right.

Archie F. Swin
09-08-2006, 10:34 PM
Whats with the gay Bunghole helmet??

My avatar will feature our week by week opponent with the game time and TV network. I've actually considered a weather forecast...but this takes less work.

Its my service to the planet

Bowser
09-08-2006, 10:35 PM
My avatar will feature our week by week opponent with the game time and TV network. I've actually considered a weather forecast...but this takes less work.

You're going to feel dirty for having a Bronco helmet in your avi.

09-08-2006, 10:37 PM

thank you for your service!!!

Archie F. Swin
09-08-2006, 10:56 PM
You're going to feel dirty for having a Bronco helmet in your avi.

oh well...this is in my heart

Rain Man
09-08-2006, 11:00 PM
I don't think I could sleep in a room that cost $280. I know Saul couldn't. Although the Capital and the Art Museum are very fine attractions I think I'll pass.

Yeah, before that my average lifetime hotel rate was about $44. I typically pick hotels by looking for concrete block buildings and smelling for meth labs. But having done this, I've decided that luxury hotels can be more fun.

Tig O Bittys
09-09-2006, 01:35 AM
you could just sleep infrot of invesco then poop on it

09-09-2006, 01:48 AM
The Motel 7 near accross the interstate was the classiest they had to offer. Very few roaches.

whoaskew
09-09-2006, 01:35 PM

A $280 hotel room is NOT in the budget (especially since I am paying for it). I have never been to a Chiefs away game but my Chiefs travel budget for the year already has to cover the Rams game and a 10 day vacation to San Diego and Oakland from December 15-25 to see the Chargers and Raiders games. If funds permit, I will also go to the Dolphins game.

My girlfriend was pissed that I was planning these trips with the fellas and that I had no plans of taking her to any games, so she surprised me with this trip early this week.

I wouldn't mind inviting her to more games if she was actually a football fan, but she really just uses it as "quality time" with me. Last year I took her to a game and she spent the whole three hours talking to me about "relationship" stuff and got mad that I was focused on the game.

I am hoping that by us arriving in Denver Friday morning and leaving Monday morning, that will give us plenty of time to do "relationship" stuff which will allow me to be able to enjoy the football game on Sunday without distractions. /Rant

Dartgod
09-09-2006, 01:42 PM
Coors brewery, the tour is boring but there is free beer at the end
Yeah, but IT'S COORS! :Lin:
Last year I took her to a game and she spent the whole three hours talking to me about "relationship" stuff and got mad that I was focused on the game.
And you're still with her?

Psyko Tek
09-09-2006, 01:47 PM
duuuuude, at the game
she's talking relationship stuff

a sense trouble for you

DenverChief
09-09-2006, 01:47 PM
my place? :D :p

Rain Man
09-09-2006, 02:17 PM
A $280 hotel room is NOT in the budget (especially since I am paying for it). I have never been to a Chiefs away game but my Chiefs travel budget for the year already has to cover the Rams game and a 10 day vacation to San Diego and Oakland from December 15-25 to see the Chargers and Raiders games. If funds permit, I will also go to the Dolphins game.

My girlfriend was pissed that I was planning these trips with the fellas and that I had no plans of taking her to any games, so she surprised me with this trip early this week.

I wouldn't mind inviting her to more games if she was actually a football fan, but she really just uses it as "quality time" with me. Last year I took her to a game and she spent the whole three hours talking to me about "relationship" stuff and got mad that I was focused on the game.

I am hoping that by us arriving in Denver Friday morning and leaving Monday morning, that will give us plenty of time to do "relationship" stuff which will allow me to be able to enjoy the football game on Sunday without distractions. /Rant

No, no, no, no, no, my friend. More than ever, a $280 hotel room and Morton's meal should be in your budget. Despite the fact that your girlfriend is clueless about the sanctity of football, you seem to want to keep her, so this is the way to do it. Envision the advantages:

1. You get a nice room and great meal, which as we all know doesn't matter that much.

2. SHE gets a nice room and meal, which as we all know will be huge for her. Especially the romantic meal at the best restaurant in town.

3. By planting her in downtown Denver in a nice place, you can possibly convince her that she'll enjoy staying there better than going to the game. Voila! You've just saved $100 on a ticket, and you don't have some ignorant relationshippy woman talking to you about her feelings on third and three.

4. You'll plant the concept that these types of outings can be fun for both, and she can do what she wants without going to the game. That will set you up for years to drag her along, but without paying for her ticket.

5. She will immediately become accustomed to this level of luxury, so she won't want to go with you to Motel 4 for the other games. She will "treasure the memory of Denver" too much to compromise it in the future. If you and she stay at Motel 4 in Denver, she'll expect to go with you to the other games, too. Bad, bad thing.

So your choices are:

Choice A

Stay at cheap hotel: $70
Eat cheap meal on Saturday night: $30
Buy two tickets: $200 or whatever
Hear about her feelings while Trent is audibling.
Take the risk that she'll go with you to other places to do the same thing

Total cost: $300 plus servitude

or

Choice B

Stay at luxury hotel: $280
Free gourmet meal on Saturday night: $40 (tip)
Buy one ticket: $100 or whatever
Enjoy the game
Get the freedom to go by yourself to Motel 4's in other cities

Total cost: $420 minus your own freedom.

whoaskew
09-09-2006, 05:29 PM
And you're still with her?

She is not all bad. But like Rain Man said, she just doesn't understand the sanctity of football.

That is why I have not taken her to any games after that first one. Hell, I don't even WATCH the game on TV around her any more.

She oustmarted me though. She appealed to the inner cheapskate in me by offering to buy plane tickets if I paid the rest and I couldn't resist.

Looks like she still got the best of me since the plane tickets appear to be the cheapest part of the trip... LOL

StcChief
09-09-2006, 05:36 PM
She is not all bad. But like Rain Man said, she just doesn't understand the sanctity of football.

That is why I have not taken her to any games after that first one. Hell, I don't even WATCH the game on TV around her any more.

She oustmarted me though. She appealed to the inner cheapskate in me by offering to buy plane tickets if I paid the rest and I couldn't resist.

Looks like she still got the best of me since the plane tickets appear to be the cheapest part of the trip... LOL

I was thinking that too......you got the short end of the stick...

Even If you get nookie...Must convience her.. We can't talk about other things during football game. and it could be all good.