View Full Version : R. Edwards & J. Reed to start Sunday

The Poz
09-08-2006, 07:36 PM
Chiefs | R. Edwards will start Week 1
Fri, 8 Sep 2006 18:14:28 -0700

Adam Teicher, of the Kansas City Star, reports Kansas City Chiefs DL Ron Edwards will start the Week 1 game at defensive tackle.

Chiefs | J. Reed will start Week 1
Fri, 8 Sep 2006 18:04:23 -0700

Adam Teicher, of the Kansas City Star, reports Kansas City Chiefs DL James Reed will start the Week 1 game at defensive tackle.

Wasn't sure if the depth chart was gonna stick, apparently so. Looking forward to seeing what these two can do. Also wouldn't mind seeing what Sims does off the bench, will this demotion be that little fire under his ass?

the Talking Can
09-08-2006, 07:43 PM
awesome...sims finally gets his diapers taken off...

hypersensitiveZO6
09-08-2006, 07:50 PM
awesome...sims finally gets his diapers taken off...

:insert fatass man diaper joke

B_Ambuehl
09-08-2006, 08:45 PM
Sims should be starting over Edwards IMO. Edwards hasn't done anything all preseason and played on the worst rushing defense in the NFL last season. Sims has at least made an effort. This is probably still just a motivational ploy.

jspchief
09-08-2006, 09:08 PM
Sims should be starting over Edwards IMO. Edwards hasn't done anything all preseason and played on the worst rushing defense in the NFL last season. Sims has at least made an effort. This is probably still just a motivational ploy.

I'll agree that Edwards hasn't shown a whole lot. However, he only started 4 games last year for Buffalo, and only played in 6.

We've seen 4 years of Sims sucking, I'm ready to give someone else a look.

Mama Hip Rockets
09-08-2006, 09:17 PM
man, i really hope these guys will be an improvement over the guys we had last year.

get it?

rad
09-08-2006, 09:45 PM
Reed is gonna drop Palmer on Sunday. Twice.

RealSNR
09-08-2006, 10:06 PM
No surprise, considering the way Dalton and Sims played in preseason. And least Edwards did nothing against STARTERS, while Sims got owned by BACKUPS

Dark Horse
09-08-2006, 10:26 PM
Did I miss something I don't remember Reed being very impressive either

RealSNR
09-08-2006, 10:29 PM
Did I miss something I don't remember Reed being very impressive eitherReed was the only starter who could get any push all preseason. He's our best DT

Dark Horse
09-08-2006, 10:33 PM
Reed was the only starter who could get any push all preseason. He's our best DT

I guess that was just hard to see from where I was sitting, I'm so high up I'll have to look down to see the fly over.

Iowanian
09-08-2006, 10:38 PM
Sims with either get motivated by this and play like a beast, or he'll sulk and lay into a case of little debbies.

RealSNR
09-08-2006, 11:14 PM
I guess that was just hard to see from where I was sitting, I'm so high up I'll have to look down to see the fly over.So is it true that the top of the Goodyear Blimp says "Nice seats, asshole" :p

trndobrd
09-08-2006, 11:44 PM
Sims with either get motivated by this and play like a beast, or he'll sulk and lay into a case of little debbies.

It's a bad day to be a Lil' Debbie

Ultra Peanut
09-09-2006, 12:10 AM
Ryan "I WASH MYSELF WITH A RAG ON A STIIIIICK" Sims

Wallcrawler
09-09-2006, 01:09 AM
Its time for a change on that front line. For too long we have had guys like Sims and Hicks as starters, who do absolutely nothing on the field on gameday.

Edwards and Reed, with Allen and Hali on the ends will be a nice change. I mean, its not like they can do any worse than what Sims has done in his tenure here.

Its good to see that the good ole boy mentality is taking a hike now that Vermiel is gone. They might be great guys and everything, but if they cant play, get someone in there who can.

Now all we have to wait for is the word that Keyaron Fox will be replacing Kendrell Bell in the starting lineup, and then we might be looking at some really good things happening in that front seven.

I dont think ive heard a single player's name called so much as I heard Keyaron Fox in the preseason. Yeah, it was 2nds and 3rds quite a bit, but he was all over the place making tackles.

Bell was all but invisible out there. I wanted Bell to be good for us, with the success that he had in Pittsburgh before the ankle and sports hernia. Then you throw in the bum shoulder, and he's just not that same fearsome player he once was. Its like he's playing to not get hurt now, and he makes no impact at all.

chubychecker
09-09-2006, 01:17 AM
It's nice to have trust in the coaches that they will play their best players on gameday. I was getting sick of Dick's homeboys who would play regardless of how they performed. That being said, I think (hope) that Sims will be a starter before too long. It's easy to forget that he was injured most of last season greatly hindering his production. He obviously wasnt worth a #6 pick, but he still has more upside than any of our other guys. Let's hope he can play to potential this year.