PDA

View Full Version : WTF Solomon Wilcots

Wallcrawler
09-09-2006, 01:37 AM
So eh, Im watching NFL Network and Solomon Wilcots ripped into the Chiefs saying that they are the most overhyped team in the AFC.

He says that with the losses of Willie Roaf and John Welbourn, Johnson wont be nearly as effective in the running game, and that Dick Vermiel was too good of a coach for Herman Edwards to come in and improve upon that 10-6 record.

I dont know what Solly has been smoking, but apparently he hasnt taken into consideration that Herm isnt going to be relying on the Offense to carry the entire team all season. He actually wants the defense to contribute this year as well, and has the knowledge to get that done. Wilcots usually has pretty good things to say about KC, but this one came out of left field.

I like Vermiel too, very exciting team with that offense. But when you lose a PLAYOFF game 38-31 and your D didnt force a punt, and you blame the OFFENSE for the loss, thats a little out there.

Instead of saying "we have to force a punt", or "We have to play better defense" Dick's version was always about dropped balls or how they should have scored more and thats the reason that they lost.

chubychecker
09-09-2006, 01:42 AM
I don't uderstand how we are "overrated" all I've seen are predictions for failure from the experts. I do agree though that it will be tough to improve upon last season. I am hopeful that our D will be better but there is no question to me that our O will take a step back this year. That combined with Denver and San Diego looking very strong again this year gives us a tough road to hoe.

luv
09-09-2006, 01:47 AM
I would say that, with as good as our offense has been, we can afford the losses we've had this season. Especially if our D improves. I would love to see a well rounded team.

Wallcrawler
09-09-2006, 01:55 AM
No kidding. Im pretty sick of the one sided stuff. When Marty was here we would win games 10-3 or something. If you saw 2 touchdowns in a game it was like an act of God or something.

Then Vermiel, its a shootout every week with the Chiefs scoring nearly 40 points on average, and then losing the game because the defense couldnt stop a pop warner team.

A balanced team would be great. We've seen that one extreme or the other isnt going to get it done.

Ultra Peanut
09-09-2006, 02:21 AM
Over... hyyyyyped?

ZootedGranny
09-09-2006, 02:40 AM
Wilcots couldn't spell CAT if you spotted him the C and the T and then shot him in the face.

tk13
09-09-2006, 02:44 AM
What's going to be funny, is when everybody starts talking us up after Larry Johnson goes nuts on Sunday. I'm pretty confident he's going to look like an unstoppable battering ram out there.

Wallcrawler
09-09-2006, 09:07 AM
Yeah, last game of the year last year he ripped their ass for close to 200 yards if I remember right.

Now this season, I believe that Odell Thurman, one of Cincy's better linebackers is suspended the first four games for violating the substance abuse policy. Losing a good linebacker like that is going to hurt when you have to think about stopping a back like LJ.

Bowser
09-09-2006, 09:14 AM
Predicting the Chiefs are going to suck this year has become the new black for sportwriters locally and nationally.

Mecca
09-09-2006, 09:14 AM
His view is basically the view everyone has of our team......I've yet to see one person who's outside of the Chiefs circle think this team is better.

JBucc
09-09-2006, 09:22 AM
If damn ESPN would just quit picking us to win the Super Bowl.......

KC Jones
09-09-2006, 09:27 AM
I still hold out hope that the Chiefs will somehow gel into a great team this year, but I just don't see it. I'm expecting yet another .500 or so season and a slide in the next few years.

KCFansinSTL
09-09-2006, 09:39 AM
Not sure what that's all about either! All I can say from watching the last two preseason games, the D looks better, and I'm very impressed with all of the backups!! This is the first year in a while that I can honestly say if Trent were to go down I'm comfortable that the offense can still make things happen! Huard has proved to me he can get the job done, where Collins NEVER did!!

Mecca
09-09-2006, 09:42 AM
You apparently saw things no one else did........Green gets hurt we're done.

HC_Chief
09-09-2006, 09:43 AM
Last night eddie George picked the Bungles as a "can't lose" versus KC. He stated "After KC, your schedule gets really tough, Cincy"

So Eddie George appears to believe the game at Arrowhead to be "easy"? :spock:

Ultra Peanut
09-09-2006, 09:44 AM
Last night eddie George picked the Bungles as a "can't lose" versus KC. He stated "After KC, your schedule gets really tough, Cincy"

So Eddie George appears to believe the game at Arrowhead to be "easy"? :spock:The Chiefs are so ****ing overrated.

KCFansinSTL
09-09-2006, 09:54 AM
You apparently saw things no one else did........Green gets hurt we're done.

What makes you say that? Now, I don't believe that Huard is near the calibur that Green is, but I do believe for a short period of time (2-3 games) Huard could lead the offense well enough to keep us on the right track. He's got a good arm, and seems to have a better command of the offense than Collins ever did! JMO

jspchief
09-09-2006, 10:01 AM
The pundits are too busy handing the Lombardi Trohpy to the Dolphins led by Daunte Turnover.

Every year, these guys' opinions seem to get less and less informed. You'd think a few would look deeper and maybe come up with some fresh ideas.

09-09-2006, 10:04 AM
Wilcotts is an ex Bengal..
he is just being a homer

noa
09-09-2006, 10:07 AM
I, too, cannot understand how the Chiefs could possibly be overhyped. For a team to be overhyped, they have to be hyped in the first place. The obvious place to look is the NFC East. Between Dallas, the Giants, and the Redskins, one of those teams is bound to disappoint, so they have to be the overhyped team. The problem is that no one wants to go out on a limb and predict which team won't live up to their hype this year. If everyone is so down on the Chiefs after our crappy preseason, why aren't people hating on the Redskins? IMO, as things have looked so far, the Redskins are clearly the most overhyped team in the NFL.

chop
09-09-2006, 10:10 AM

So Eddie George appears to believe the game at Arrowhead to be "easy"? :spock:

But the Rock picked the Chiefs to win. Eddie George was asking the Rock for advice on becoming an actor. He could have waited until after the interview to ask him for career advice.

jspchief
09-09-2006, 10:16 AM
But the Rock picked the Chiefs to win. Eddie George was asking the Rock for advice on becoming an actor. He could have waited until after the interview to ask him for career advice.Yea, he probably should talked to a real actor too.

Mecca
09-09-2006, 10:18 AM
Yea, he probably should talked to a real actor too.

He wanted to talk to one who has movie deals lined up for about the next 7 years.....

jspchief
09-09-2006, 10:19 AM
He wanted to talk to one who has movie deals lined up for about the next 7 years.....I bet his shelf will be full of Oscars.

Mecca
09-09-2006, 10:21 AM
I bet his shelf will be full of Oscars.

Either way it's full of alot of money........

Coy Bacon
09-09-2006, 10:31 AM
Solly's still a Bengal. Good for him. But, he's right, you know?

HC_Chief
09-09-2006, 10:50 AM

:spock:
your and idiot

milkman
09-09-2006, 11:26 AM
Wilcots couldn't spell CAT if you spotted him the C and the T and then shot him in the face.

I'm sorry, but if you spotted me the "A' as well, I couldn't spell cat if you shot me in the face, either.

RealSNR
09-09-2006, 01:06 PM

So Eddie George appears to believe the game at Arrowhead to be "easy"? :spock:He gets confused this time of the year when baseball season is still going on during the NFL season. He probably thought it was the Royals

Mr. Flopnuts
09-09-2006, 01:27 PM

I look forward to seeing you not have the balls to show your face around here when tommorrows game is over and the results aren't too different from the ones you tasted at the end of last season. What board do you frequent so I can come remind you? You're better off not saying, I'll set a record in being banned. Jr.

BigRock
09-09-2006, 01:42 PM
What's going to be funny, is when everybody starts talking us up after Larry Johnson goes nuts on Sunday. I'm pretty confident he's going to look like an unstoppable battering ram out there.
But haven't you heard? The Bengals signed SAM ADAMS!!!!!!! The most fearsome runstopper of all time! He'll singlehandedly take Shields, Waters, and Wiegman out of every play! And the fact that we signed Ron Edwards, who played with Adams in Buffalo, and Tim Krumie, who coached him, won't give us any advantage or insight on how to slow down this unstoppable beast!

Sorry, I've been reading too many Bengals' boards. LJ will have 100 by the half.

kcfanXIII
09-09-2006, 02:08 PM
my prediction is about 150 yds from LJ. chiefs win. and still get no hype from the "experts"

Sure-Oz
09-09-2006, 02:11 PM
eddie george is a douche thats only an mtv made coach

Chiefnj
09-09-2006, 02:25 PM
Even Jaworski, who has pimped the Eagles for years, is picking Cincy this week.

Tribal Warfare
09-09-2006, 02:37 PM
Yeah, last game of the year last year he ripped their ass for close to 200 yards if I remember right.

233 yards

Rausch
09-09-2006, 02:59 PM
Reasons KC is a better team this year:

Depth in the secondary. Not only did we only have one solid starter last year but we had NO depth. We not only now have one of the top 5 CB pairs in the league starting, but Walls and Sapp are very solid 3rd/4th guys. And most important, Bartee will NEVER see the field.

Reason no 2: 2nd year starters. DJ and Parker were both 1st year starters last year at key positions. Both should be better, and Mitchell has gotten better every year under Gun.

Reason no 3: Herm. I'm concentrating on our team's biggest weakness here, the secondary. Between his knowledge and the signing of Law the leadership and coaching in the secondary is now a strength, not a weakness.

Reason no 4: LJ will skull**** the NFL. 'Nuff said.

whoman69
09-09-2006, 08:54 PM
What makes you say that? Now, I don't believe that Huard is near the calibur that Green is, but I do believe for a short period of time (2-3 games) Huard could lead the offense well enough to keep us on the right track. He's got a good arm, and seems to have a better command of the offense than Collins ever did! JMO
Huard couldn't throw a spiral if his life depended on it. If he comes in as QB we'll probably have to switch to the wing T.

Stinger
09-09-2006, 09:00 PM
Predicting the Chiefs are going to suck this year has become the new black for sportwriters locally and nationally.

Yep all pundits know how exactly the game are going to turn out.

http://www.bangcartoon.com/cartoons/index.cfm/fa/viewcartoon/cartoon/2006Archive|predictions.swf

:)ROFL