PDA

View Full Version : Hey, Where's all those roster moves...

runnercyclist
09-09-2006, 05:40 AM
I heard about? :shrug:

I drank the cool-aid when Herm and Carl said we were going to be vigilently scouring the waiver wire to get help at OL, DL, and WR. Yet I've seen nor heard of so much as a look-see at anyone.

I am sure I am just uninformed, but...???

tyton75
09-09-2006, 05:46 AM
I have been wondering the same thing.. there were a lot of good (for us) recievers released and I have to think there are one or 2 that are better than whoever we kept as #4 and #5.. besides.. I don't want Dante running alot as #3.. he needs to stick to returns.. IMO

jspchief
09-09-2006, 08:35 AM
We brought in Darius Watts for a look.

Who else were you hoping to bring in?

keg in kc
09-09-2006, 08:55 AM
I drank the cool-aid when Herm and Carl said we were going to be vigilently scouring the waiver wire to get help at OL, DL, and WR. Q: What are the chances that these 53 are the guys you are going to practice with on Wednesday?

EDWARDS: “Oh, there’s a pretty good chance. Anything can happen, of course, with 620 some guys will be released today. There will be some jockeying for position. Some teams will call when they see certain teams have four running backs, some offensive linemen or defensive linemen where you’re heavy at. Other teams will call if they need a guy or two. You never show your hand and we’ll sit pat with them. They’re the guys who are supposed to be here, but anything can happen.”Q: Charles Rogers was cut by the Lions today. Would you have any interest in him?

EDWARDS: “At this point, we feel good with our five (receivers). That’s not to say we won’t look at some players. He’s a guy who’s obviously a high pick and for some reason it didn’t work out for him in Detroit. We haven’t talked about that yet but we have this week and next week to discuss players like that. It’s not yes or no; we haven’t talked about it.”Q: Those two spare receivers are rookies. Are you comfortable with that?

EDWARDS: “Obviously because they’re it.”

carlos3652
09-09-2006, 08:59 AM
Suckage... oh well... its been a good offseason anyway... HICKS is on the BENCH!!!!

tyton75
09-09-2006, 09:02 AM
I was kinda hoping for Peter Warrick or Charles Rogers... not to be the #1 guy.. but maybe the slot.. I wouldn't mind Watts either though

Mecca
09-09-2006, 09:29 AM
I was kinda hoping for Peter Warrick or Charles Rogers... not to be the #1 guy.. but maybe the slot.. I wouldn't mind Watts either though

You missed the memo around here.........everyone hates Charles Rogers but me.

Archie Bunker
09-09-2006, 09:38 AM
They brought in 5 guys for a look yesterday. If they wait till after the 1st week they don't have to guarantee the contract.

From the star:

Five players visit

The Chiefs entertained five free agents Friday:

• Wide receiver Rod Gardner. A former first-round draft pick with Washington, Gardner played five NFL seasons and caught 13 passes last season while splitting time with Carolina and Green Bay.

• Wide receiver Frisman Jackson, who played four seasons for Cleveland and caught 24 passes in 2005.

• Wide receiver Darius Watts, a former second-round pick of the Broncos. Watts caught 33 passes in his two NFL seasons, but only two for Denver last year.

• Offensive tackle Mike Pearson. A former second-round pick by Jacksonville, Pearson started for two seasons with the Jaguars.

• Fullback Chris Manderino. An undrafted rookie who played in college at California, Manderino went to camp with Cincinnati.

Bowser
09-09-2006, 09:39 AM
Rod Gardner? Interesting.

Mecca
09-09-2006, 09:40 AM
Mike Pearson wasn't bad then he blew out his knee really hasn't been the same since.

Mecca
Rod Gardner? Interesting.

I bet you can run faster than he does right now...

The Bad Guy
I think it has something to do with guaranteed contracts.

If the player is on your roster prior to Week 1, their deal is guaranteed.

If they are signed after, it's not.

Or something like that.

There will be a rash of signings after Week 1.

Bowser
09-09-2006, 09:41 AM
I bet you can run faster than he does right now...

Wow. I'm sorry to hear that.

Ultra Peanut
09-09-2006, 09:48 AM
If they wait till after the 1st week they don't have to guarantee the contract. DAMNIT, CARL!!!!!!! :cuss:

jspchief
09-09-2006, 09:52 AM
You missed the memo around here.........everyone hates Charles Rogers but me.Judging by the number of teams looking at Rogers, I'd say the NFL got the memo.

runnercyclist
09-09-2006, 10:42 AM
They brought in 5 guys for a look yesterday. If they wait till after the 1st week they don't have to guarantee the contract.

From the star:

Five players visit

The Chiefs entertained five free agents Friday:

• Wide receiver Rod Gardner. A former first-round draft pick with Washington, Gardner played five NFL seasons and caught 13 passes last season while splitting time with Carolina and Green Bay.

• Wide receiver Frisman Jackson, who played four seasons for Cleveland and caught 24 passes in 2005.

• Wide receiver Darius Watts, a former second-round pick of the Broncos. Watts caught 33 passes in his two NFL seasons, but only two for Denver last year.

• Offensive tackle Mike Pearson. A former second-round pick by Jacksonville, Pearson started for two seasons with the Jaguars.

• Fullback Chris Manderino. An undrafted rookie who played in college at California, Manderino went to camp with Cincinnati.

Thanks for the 411, Arch!

Archie Bunker
09-09-2006, 12:06 PM
Thanks for the 411, Arch!

No problem.

Anybody got any info on Jackson? I dont know much about him.

Eleazar
09-09-2006, 12:49 PM
Judging by the number of teams looking at Rogers, I'd say the NFL got the memo.

There are too many teams out there just worried about making money, and not about getting the next Jerry Rice on their team.