PDA

View Full Version : How come somebody didn't kick the **** outa Geathers?

Pages : [1] 2

Mr. Laz
09-10-2006, 03:06 PM
cheap shot on your quarterback, Green and nobody pimp slaps this bitch??

i would of thought a real hard chop block to the knee would of been in order for that POS.

yet he finished the game smiling and happy as hell. :cuss:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/59bthZIv8to"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/59bthZIv8to" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

JBucc
09-10-2006, 03:08 PM
I thought Turley would have killed him

Mecca
Are you really surprised.......the Chiefs are a soft team full of nice guys.

Bowser
That kind of action is not in our team's "profile", apparently.

CinciFan
Learn to watch the game. He was shoved from behind and hit Trent with his shoulder, which would be a legal hit even had he not been blocked.

It sucks when your guy gets hurt, but it's not always dirty and wasn't this time.

Mr. Laz
09-10-2006, 03:09 PM
That kind of action is not in our team's "profile", apparently.
it's to the point where we don't even defend our QB anymore?

team is soft .... pussy soft

Bwana
I was surprised at that as well that someone didn't rip his head off on the spot. Cheap shot in our own house and the guy gets off the field all smiles.

Bowser
Learn to watch the game. He was shoved from behind and hit Trent with his shoulder, which would be a legal hit even had he not been blocked.

It sucks when your guy gets hurt, but it's not always dirty and wasn't this time.

Somebody go get Bob Dole.

Deberg_1990
09-10-2006, 03:10 PM
Geathers is a POS no doubt in my mind.....I thought our guys were quite classy. Later in the game Palmer scambled and two Chiefs could have taken some cheap shots at him but both held up. He even dove head first. Geathers could learn a thing or two, but probably wont. I hope the NFL fines his butt hard for that cheapshot.

mac58
i actually dont think it was too dirty or malicious, but do think there should have been a flag. .he did slide

Demonpenz
I saw a couple chiefs telling him "thats how you finish a play"

the Talking Can

thanks...I hope someone "gets pushed" into Palmers knee....you douchebag....the rules are crystal clear and that was illegal and ****ing dirty

I too wished someone would have taken him out...hopefully he gets what he deserves, and soon....

HC_Chief
09-10-2006, 03:11 PM

Yeah right, a 180lb WR moving perpendicular to a 280lb DE "shoved" him in the back, causing him to mysteriously dive towards a sliding QB.

F*ck you and f*ck your cheap-shotting Geathers. The NFL will fine his ass for that blatent cheap shot. Now go troll somewhere else, douchebag

Chief Nute
Yea, listen who is talking......a ****ing Cinci Fan....probably one of the thousands that were bitching about that Samoan breaking Carson's knee. Call me dirty but I was praying to God that someone would re-mangle that knee.

memyselfI
It looks to me that the blow to Trent Green would have been ten times worse if Geathers had not richoted off of another player and spun into Green. I doubt he will even get fined as it wasn't a direct hit and it wasn't intentional even though it was extremely ugly and dangerous. It could have been worse. I shudder to think what the injury might have been then...

Mr. Laz
09-10-2006, 03:12 PM

i did watch the game so go **** youself

geathers was BARELY and i MEAN barely touched ......... and he was already going in for the hit on a sliding quarterback anyway.

it was a bull**** non-call and someone should of :$2500: 91.

grandllama

learn what the hell a dirty hit is you queen city fagg*t

John_Locke

yea, and all that bitchin when your rosy palmer boy went down last year was all in good fun right asswipe

the Talking Can
09-10-2006, 03:13 PM
It looks to me that the blow to Trent Green would have been ten times worse if Geathers had not richoted off of another player and spun into Green. I doubt he will even get fined as it wasn't a direct hit and it wasn't intentional even though it was extremely ugly and dangerous. It could have been worse. I shudder to think what the injury might have been then...

go away

you show up only when catastrophe strikes, you sick ****....

Bwana
09-10-2006, 03:14 PM

Remove your homer glasses, watch it again on tape and you will see that it was a cheap shot without question.

Mecca
Nothing like wishing injury upon Palmer because Green got hurt.....that's class.

VonneMarie
Go f#ck yourself.

the Talking Can
09-10-2006, 03:15 PM
Nothing like wishing injury upon Palmer because Green got hurt.....that's class.

says the guy with a vagina for a face....

CinciFan
09-10-2006, 03:15 PM
I'm not looking to get into it over this. But CLEARLY none of you who are complaining have reviewed the play. I do have a DVR, and reviewed the play numerous times.

I'll admit when I saw it live, I thought it was helmet to helmet and a bad hit. But after seeing the replays and running over it with the DVR, it was OBVIOUS that had he not been blocked down into Trent, he would have simply flown over him rather than have his shoulder hit his helmet.

Deberg_1990
09-10-2006, 03:16 PM

Take your boy Geathers back to the slammer with all the rest of the Bengal criminals along with your warden Marvin Lewis.

dirk digler
09-10-2006, 03:16 PM
I mentioned this in another thread, this should be just like baseball you throw and hit my batter I am going to do the same to your batter.

BTW Herm was right in front of it and he said it was a helmet to helmet hit which is illegal.

John_Locke
09-10-2006, 03:17 PM

take your eating babies avatar and go help rosy palmer jack off

asswipe

Bwana
09-10-2006, 03:17 PM

Oh great.:shake: Back to DC Anti-chief.

InChiefsHeaven
09-10-2006, 03:19 PM

Good Lord, you are a friggin' moron no matter where you post, DC or here...

memyselfI
I'm not looking to get into it over this. But CLEARLY none of you who are complaining have reviewed the play. I do have a DVR, and reviewed the play numerous times.

I'll admit when I saw it live, I thought it was helmet to helmet and a bad hit. But after seeing the replays and running over it with the DVR, it was OBVIOUS that had he not been blocked down into Trent, he would have simply flown over him rather than have his shoulder hit his helmet.

Yep. I was screaming about helmet to helmet at the time. My husband disagreed even though he wanted the penalty. So we watched the replay a couple of times and he was right.

Gawd, I HATE that. :banghead:

Mecca
take your eating babies avatar and go help rosy palmer jack off

asswipe

WTF......double standards around here eh? If you wanna go afer the guy who did it that's fine. But um Carson Palmer didn't do jack to Trent Green.

I could imagine of Raiders fans were saying that everyone would be talking about how classless they are.

DJay23
09-10-2006, 03:24 PM

Really? A DVR? You mus' be one of them jillionaires er sumpin.

There are all these rules in place to baby the QB. Trent Green was starting his slide before this ****er "was blocked" into him. I've seen flags thrown for a D-lineman lightly shoving a QB down, how does thrusting your shoulder into the head of a sliding QB NOT warrant one? Atrocious.

If I were the Chiefs coach, Geathers would be wearing his knee cap on the other side of his leg right now.

Calcountry
09-10-2006, 03:25 PM

It sucks when your guy gets hurt, but it's not always dirty and wasn't this time.Hey Randy, why don't you STFU already.

Skip Towne
09-10-2006, 03:25 PM
These are the same people who thought Bob Huggins was an OK guy and kept him around for 17 years. F*ck the whole town of Cincy.

dirk digler
09-10-2006, 03:26 PM
Q: What did you think about that hit on Green?

EDWARDS: “Helmet to helmet and that’s always tough. Officials will have to look at it on tape and we’ve been advised not to comment on officials calls. I’m not going into he said or what they should have done.”

Calcountry
09-10-2006, 03:27 PM
I was surprised at that as well that someone didn't rip his head off on the spot. Cheap shot in our own house and the guy gets off the field all smiles.I wish Ozzy Guillen were the Chiefs coach.

Mecca
09-10-2006, 03:29 PM
I think on the replay Green takes a shoulder and not the guys Helmet....it was close.

Halfcan
09-10-2006, 03:30 PM
Weather you are pushed or not-you hit a QB that is already slideing-helmet to helmet-It should draw a penalty!!

Halfcan
09-10-2006, 03:30 PM
Even though you are pushed-you hit a QB that is already slideing-helmet to helmet-It should draw a penalty!!

Mr. Laz
09-10-2006, 03:31 PM
But CLEARLY none of you who are complaining have reviewed the play.
BS ........ i have it on slow motion tivo right now

he was going in for the hit ...... the contact by our wide receiver was minimal at best.

the only part of it that was dirty/illegal was that fact that he didn't hit him with his helmet.

and i'm not so sure that he wasn't trying to do that ..... he clearly wasn't "Seeing what he hit"

his head was tucked and he was diving into a sliding quarterback.

the hit by the receiver didn't change his trajectory

VonneMarie
I wish Ozzy Guillen were the Chiefs coach.
What would he do? Call him a f@gget?

Get real.

memyselfI
I think on the replay Green takes a shoulder and not the guys Helmet....it was close.

And the concussion likely didn't come from the initial hit but from his head snapping against the ground?

Calcountry
09-10-2006, 03:32 PM
go away

you show up only when catastrophe strikes, you sick ****....Thank you, I chose to hit the backspace key, as my response to her was much more brutal.

Calcountry
09-10-2006, 03:33 PM
Nothing like wishing injury upon Palmer because Green got hurt.....that's class.Hey Mecca, did you know Randy Cross grew up in Southern Cal? I bet you did. ;)

He went to UCLA too. I bet that gives you a hard on.

Calcountry
09-10-2006, 03:35 PM
I mentioned this in another thread, this should be just like baseball you throw and hit my batter I am going to do the same to your batter.

BTW Herm was right in front of it and he said it was a helmet to helmet hit which is illegal.Like I said earlier, Too bad Ozzy Guillen isn't the Chiefs head coach.

Mecca
09-10-2006, 03:35 PM
Hey Mecca, did you know Randy Cross grew up in Southern Cal? I bet you did. ;)

He went to UCLA too. I bet that gives you a hard on.

I hate UCLA.......that's a main rival of USC.

Calcountry
09-10-2006, 03:37 PM
WTF......double standards around here eh? If you wanna go afer the guy who did it that's fine. But um Carson Palmer didn't do jack to Trent Green.

I could imagine of Raiders fans were saying that everyone would be talking about how classless they are.That would be the day.

I know a lot of Raiders fans, and they would want blood.

Ugly Duck
09-10-2006, 03:38 PM
I think on the replay Green takes a shoulder and not the guys Helmet....it was close.So, you can hit the head of a sliding QB if you lead with your shoulder? I dunno.... I don't think they let us do that in Oakland without a flag....

Calcountry
09-10-2006, 03:39 PM
Classic Herm dodge.

"I don't buy into that"

Baby Lee
09-10-2006, 03:40 PM

I'm not wishing anything bad [from a physical standpoint] on anyone. But I think you just surrendered your 'woe is me, our QB got cheap shotted' card you guys played to the hilt last January.

Mecca
09-10-2006, 03:41 PM
So, you can hit the head of a sliding QB if you lead with your shoulder? I dunno.... I don't think they let us do that in Oakland without a flag....

My opinion of it is it's pretty questionable to not flag it in a league where they protect QB's like this one does. The only explanation you can give is that the guy was going into his tackle dive before Green was completely down into his slide and he can't change directions in midair. I haven't seen the play enough times to really determine if that was the case yet.

By that token I don't think the guy was purposely making a dirty play trying to injure Green.

Demonpenz
09-10-2006, 03:43 PM

BTW Herm was right in front of it and he said it was a helmet to helmet hit which is illegal.

no when you are running helmet to helmet is legal

dirk digler
09-10-2006, 03:43 PM
My opinion of it is it's pretty questionable to not flag it in a league where they protect QB's like this one does. The only explanation you can give is that the guy was going into his tackle dive before Green was completely down into his slide and he can't change directions in midair. I haven't seen the play enough times to really determine if that was the case yet.

By that token I don't think the guy was purposely making a dirty play trying to injure Green.

From what Herm said that is what the ref told him. Since the D player was already in the air he couldn't stop.

IMHO that is BS because you could use that standard for alot of plays.

Demonpenz
09-10-2006, 03:44 PM
i was calling for an ejection

Bob Dole
09-10-2006, 03:44 PM

So blows to the head are legal now?

Sweet. Someone call Pollard, DJ and Jared.

Bob Dole
09-10-2006, 03:45 PM
From what Herm said that is what the ref told him. Since the D player was already in the air he couldn't stop.

IMHO that is BS because you could use that standard for alot of plays.

A lot of plays our shitty D has been flagged for the past 3 seasons.

Demonpenz
09-10-2006, 03:46 PM
I thought the play was shit becuase he was sliding

VonneMarie
09-10-2006, 03:47 PM
I can't wait for Herms PC.

Calcountry
09-10-2006, 03:48 PM

By that token I don't think the guy was purposely making a dirty play trying to injure Green.I really don't give a dang whether or not he was, I want blood.

dirk digler
09-10-2006, 03:48 PM
no when you are running helmet to helmet is legal

Per the NFL Rules

1996:

Hits with the helmet or to the head by the defender will be flagged as personal fouls and subject to fines. This is being done to protect the offense, particularly the quarterback.

Calcountry
09-10-2006, 03:49 PM
I can't wait for Herms PC.I bet he is too. This should be a piece of cake for him compared to NY media.

Calcountry
09-10-2006, 03:50 PM
Heck, even our punter shanked one, today, was not a good Day for Chiefs fans. Then, the sky opened up and poured buckes of rain on it all. unbelievable.

KcMizzou
09-10-2006, 03:51 PM
I really don't give a dang whether or not he was, I want blood.That was my reaction right after the play. If one of our guys had blown out Geather's knee and put him out for the year, I would have cheered it.

I've calmed down a bit since then.

dirk digler
09-10-2006, 03:52 PM
Rule 12, Section 2, Article 8(g) of the Official NFL Playing Rules:

"…using any part of a player’s helmet (including the top/crown and forehead/hairline parts) or facemask to violently and unnecessarily butt, spear or ram an opponent; although such violent and unnecessary use of the helmet and facemask is impermissible against any opponent, game officials will give special attention in administering this rule to protecting those players who are in virtually defenseless postures (e.g., a player in the act of or just after throwing a pass, a receiver catching or attempting to catch a pass…)."

shockwave
09-10-2006, 03:56 PM
Note to all future 36 year old QB's running on a slick field ...

if you don't want to get Knocked the **** out ... stay in the pocket ... or slide early
:rolleyes:

Mr. Laz
09-10-2006, 03:59 PM

if you don't want to get Knocked the **** out ... stay in the pocket ... or slide early
he did slide early enough you troll humpin piece of crap ......... that's why it was clearly a cheap shot.

now be a good little boy and go back to humping your sister.

Mosbonian
09-10-2006, 04:02 PM

Lame f***ng answer.....that "shove" was a glancing blow at best. Geathers was going for Green all along even though Green was going into a slide.

The best revenge for a POS like Geathers would be for the same thing to be done to him....

And what is so f***ng hilarious is to see a Bengal fan come on here and chastise us for complaining about the hit that took out their QB.....last year when the hit by Kimo Van Olhoff took out Palmer's knee you guys were screaming for his head....pissing and moaning like pu$$ies.

Go back to your board.

mmaddog

Garcia Bronco
09-10-2006, 04:10 PM
Looked to me like he left his feet before or about the time he started to slide...and the defender led with his shoulder.....not the crown of his helmet...helmets can touch people....that's why they wear them. What got Trent Green was the ground...it sucks...I hope the guy is alright...but that's football. These guys don't get payed all that cash to be role models...it's hazard pay...pure and simple.

Baby Lee
09-10-2006, 04:19 PM

Note to all young superstar QBs in the playoffs. Try to land a spot with a team that doesn't shit it's pants if you go down in their first playoff game since you were in diapers.

KC Kings
09-10-2006, 04:21 PM

It was not helmet to helmet. Geathers engaged the same time that Trent did. After watching it 100 times, I don't think it was illegal. The injury sucks, but if our O-line wasn't so fricking worthless the oldest guy on the team with a replacement knee wouldn't have had to scramble for the third time on the drive to keep us from punting.

Garcia Bronco
09-10-2006, 04:37 PM
It was not helmet to helmet. Geathers engaged the same time that Trent did. After watching it 100 times, I don't think it was illegal. The injury sucks, but if our O-line wasn't so fricking worthless the oldest guy on the team with a replacement knee wouldn't have had to scramble for the third time on the drive to keep us from punting.

Trent is a gamer...he was running for his life and for first downs

cdcox
09-10-2006, 04:52 PM
I've just watched it about 10x on my Tivo. Geathers had strong momentum toward Green. Green went into his slide late. Kennison shoved Geathers. But even at this point Geathers could have gone into Green "hands up" breaking his fall and doing no harm. Instead Geathers dropped his shoulder to deliver a blow to the QB. Geathers head was up as Trent entered his slide, he dropped his head as he lowered his shoulder to deliver the blow. That shows intent to hit the QB going into his slide. If the NFL continues with their policy of protecting QBs, Geathers will be fined heavily.

TrickyNicky
09-10-2006, 04:56 PM
Intentional or not, it is still a foul. If you fall or roll into a punter, on accident or even if he falls onto you, it's a penalty. It's the same situation with sliding QB's for their protection.

I don't think it was dirty, that is with malicious intent, but it was illegal per the rules.

cdcox
Just to be absolutely clear:

It does not have to be helmet to helmet to be illegal. You cannot hit a QB on the ground.

Simplex3
Fines aren't enough with these guys making as much as they do, IMO. This asshat needs to sit a few games.

cdcox
09-10-2006, 04:58 PM
Intentional or not, it is still a foul. If you fall or roll into a punter, on accident or even if he falls onto you, it's a penalty. It's the same situation with sliding QB's for their protection.

I don't think it was dirty, that is with malicious intent, but it was illegal per the rules.

So you would drop your shoulder to the the QB a favor?

Pitt Gorilla
09-10-2006, 05:00 PM
Great post. There should have been retaliation.

Garcia Bronco
09-10-2006, 05:01 PM
Geathers won't be fined

Simplex3
09-10-2006, 05:02 PM
Geathers won't be fined
If he isn't then Rodney Harrison is going to be looking for a fat ass refund check from the league.

mikey23545
09-10-2006, 05:04 PM
I guess the days of Otis Taylor jumping on Ben Davidson's back after he speared Dawson and starting a brawl that went on for 15 minutes are over.

Mosbonian
09-10-2006, 05:09 PM
Geathers won't be fined

If he isn't then you guys whould ask for your money back for all the fines you got...

mmaddog

TrickyNicky
09-10-2006, 05:12 PM
So you would drop your shoulder to the the QB a favor?
Was it a favor to hit him with just the shoulder? No.

But all D players in the NFL are always looking for a shot at the QB. I don't necessarily think the hit was dirty, but it was illegal like I said. If a Chiefs player left his feet to lay a hit on Palmer at the exact same time he started a slide and contact was made, I would expect a penalty just the same. For some reason when it happened today, no flag came. The refs just sat there holding their dicks, afraid to make a decision.

Brock
09-10-2006, 05:12 PM
Somebody should have broken their QB.

KC Kings
09-10-2006, 05:13 PM
Just to be absolutely clear:

It does not have to be helmet to helmet to be illegal. You cannot hit a QB on the ground.

Who wears a size 7 helmet?

I never said it had to be helmet to helmet. Geathers engaged at the same time that Trent slid, and Kennison definately blocked him and changed his path of travel. I am not saying that he couldn't of pulled up, and I would imagine that he will be fined for the hit out of principle, but I do not not think it was an illegal hit.

If you Google nfl rules "hook slide" , the first result sends you to Chiefsplanet.com to a thread where Gaz says that we should do away with the rule. If Gaz has the final say, it was a non-penalty hit.

Bowser
09-10-2006, 05:13 PM

You'd think.... :shake:

HC_Chief
09-10-2006, 05:15 PM

No, somebody should have gone after Geathers' knees on the very next play. Herm should have jumped up the referee's ass for blowing that call. An OLman should have cracked some f*cking bungle's skull at the end of that play.

None of those things happened. I find that disparaging.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-10-2006, 05:16 PM

Yeah, he didn't start his dive before Trent started to slide. Right. Geathers took a cheap shot. Actually the one that Carson got hit on in the playoffs last year wasn't a cheap shot, but I heard plenty of otherwise from a lot of Cincy fans and Carson himself. I hope Geathers dies a painful horrible death and his family is left penniless and starves to death. F*ck him. And F*ck you too.

cdcox
09-10-2006, 05:16 PM
Who wears a size 7 helmet?

I never said it had to be helmet to helmet. Geathers engaged at the same time that Trent slid, and Kennison definately blocked him and changed his path of travel. I am not saying that he couldn't of pulled up, and I would imagine that he will be fined for the hit out of principle, but I do not not think it was an illegal hit.

Since when do they start giving fines for legal hits?

Mr. Flopnuts
09-10-2006, 05:17 PM
Geathers won't be fined

The Broncos won't win 9 games this year.

Bowser
09-10-2006, 05:23 PM
No, somebody should have gone after Geathers' knees on the very next play. Herm should have jumped up the referee's ass for blowing that call. An OLman should have cracked some f*cking bungle's skull at the end of that play.

None of those things happened. I find that disparaging.

I will say this - Jared Allen was raising holy hell with the ref who didn't make the call. He had to get pulled back a couple of times.

KC Kings
09-10-2006, 05:30 PM
Since when do they start giving fines for legal hits?

I can't say for sure, but at least the last 4 or 5 years. There have been plenty of fines given to players for hits that were "questionable", but in the oppinion of the referee's and the majority of everybody else were clean hits.

IMO, the Geathers hit was clean. However, he could have let up so he will be fined to make an example out of him.

DJJasonp
09-10-2006, 05:30 PM
I agree with Laz's post. I was livid in front of my TV that our team (especially our offensive line...Turley????) wasnt going after the guy.

But this goes back to a deeper problem these chiefs have had for several years now...they (outside of LJ and Trent and possibly Allen) HAVE NO HEART.

It started with Vermeil piecing together a team that would rather have a good cry after a loss, rather than getting pissed as hell about it because they're competitors.

And now....the tradition carries on with Herm Edwards...as he breaks in "new rules" for training camp and the way business is done on the field and off. No hard practices at camp, no cussing (which is ridiculous)...and no fighting.

We have been, and continue to be, a very soft football team.

The rest of this chiefs team (outside of Trent, LJ, and Allen) should cut off their balls and mail them to geathers and the rest of the Bengals for their timid reactions to what is defined as an illegal hit in the NFL rule book.

If I were a player on this team, I wouldnt give a damn about a fine from the NFL, or a fine from my puss head coach - I would have went after Geathers....it's part of being a man - and part of being a team that goes to war each weekend.

milkman
09-10-2006, 05:41 PM
I've just watched it about 10x on my Tivo. Geathers had strong momentum toward Green. Green went into his slide late. Kennison shoved Geathers. But even at this point Geathers could have gone into Green "hands up" breaking his fall and doing no harm. Instead Geathers dropped his shoulder to deliver a blow to the QB. Geathers head was up as Trent entered his slide, he dropped his head as he lowered his shoulder to deliver the blow. That shows intent to hit the QB going into his slide. If the NFL continues with their policy of protecting QBs, Geathers will be fined heavily.

I agree with this post, except for the part where Geathers gets fined.

I've come to expect the NFL to screw the Chiefs.

burt
09-10-2006, 05:41 PM
There does come a time when you have to decide...am I a Professional Footbal player, or is this a way of life and I am a man and a gridiron warrior. If I had been on the field, I would have been ejected the next play...for freaking ablitorating someone.

Sometimes, ya just have to man up....it is a sport, not just a business...someone should have made the refs rethink their calls...an punished the Bengals. Our team has a bunch of pussificated players on it. And with that said, I worry about the rest of the season.

Dick Butkis would have stood up for his team member.

Mr. Laz
09-10-2006, 05:43 PM
I agree with Laz's post. I was livid in front of my TV that our team (especially our offensive line...Turley????) wasnt going after the guy.

But this goes back to a deeper problem these chiefs have had for several years now...they (outside of LJ and Trent and possibly Allen) HAVE NO HEART.

It started with Vermeil piecing together a team that would rather have a good cry after a loss, rather than getting pissed as hell about it because they're competitors.

And now....the tradition carries on with Herm Edwards...as he breaks in "new rules" for training camp and the way business is done on the field and off. No hard practices at camp, no cussing (which is ridiculous)...and no fighting.

We have been, and continue to be, a very soft football team.

The rest of this chiefs team (outside of Trent, LJ, and Allen) should cut off their balls and mail them to geathers and the rest of the Bengals for their timid reactions to what is defined as an illegal hit in the NFL rule book.

If I were a player on this team, I wouldnt give a damn about a fine from the NFL, or a fine from my puss head coach - I would have went after Geathers....it's part of being a man - and part of being a team that goes to war each weekend.
outstanding post :clap: :clap:

i don't give a rip whether Geather gets fined or not ........ it's too late for that to do anything for us.

I wanted OUR PLAYERS TO BE ANGRY ..... i wanted our team to defend their own .... to get mad about a cheap shot .... to get mad about losing.

it's time to man-up for chrissakes and stop being a bunch of manginas.

Gravedigger
09-10-2006, 05:46 PM
This was ten times worse than the Carson Palmer hit not only in the act of him getting hit at the speed and trajectory that he did. The fact of the matter is we didn't come over to your forums cinci fans and laugh in your face when your QB went down don't do it to ours. In fact most of this forum base as well as football fans everywhere felt sorry for Palmer when that kind of talent is sidelined so don't trample on Trent Green like that.

HC_Chief
09-10-2006, 05:47 PM
I will say this - Jared Allen was raising holy hell with the ref who didn't make the call. He had to get pulled back a couple of times.

Good. At least someone on this team has some balls.

Gravedigger
09-10-2006, 05:49 PM
I do agree however that we are trying to shake off the team that vermeil built and construct ourselves into the mold of a hardnosed defense meets a ball controlling offense. Our defense for the most part, besides the rushing TD's, did really well especially the Dline I didn't know they could collapse a pocket!

HC_Chief
09-10-2006, 05:49 PM
This was ten times worse than the Carson Palmer hit not only in the act of him getting hit at the speed and trajectory that he did. The fact of the matter is we didn't come over to your forums cinci fans and laugh in your face when your QB went down don't do it to ours. In fact most of this forum base as well as football fans everywhere felt sorry for Palmer when that kind of talent is sidelined so don't trample on Trent Green like that.

you have to remember: they're cincy fans; i.e. douchenozzles. That's pretty much par for the course, considering the division they are in.

Soundwave
09-10-2006, 05:51 PM
It wasn't a dirty hit, and it wasn't helmet to helmet. If Green would have stayed behind the line and passed the ball, he wouldn't have got hit. ;)

Gravedigger
09-10-2006, 05:52 PM
I have no hatred against any fans, except Donks and Raiders fans of course, but some of the posts by pussies who get on for a few posts just to defend the hit/ laugh in our face makes me think otherwise.

Gravedigger
09-10-2006, 05:55 PM
Case in point Soundwave. The arguement isn't that it was helmet to helmet anyone can see in the video it wasn't the fact of the matter is it didn't have to happen, the defender could've stopped himself but now looks like a jackass cause he didn't, the refs SHOULDVE called unsportsmanlike conduct/uneccesary roughness, and people like you should take a hint and realize your opinions aren't welcome in a somber mood forum.

Pitt Gorilla
09-10-2006, 05:57 PM
There does come a time when you have to decide...am I a Professional Footbal player, or is this a way of life and I am a man and a gridiron warrior. If I had been on the field, I would have been ejected the next play...for freaking ablitorating someone.

Sometimes, ya just have to man up....it is a sport, not just a business...someone should have made the refs rethink their calls...an punished the Bengals. Our team has a bunch of pussificated players on it. And with that said, I worry about the rest of the season.

Dick Butkis would have stood up for his team member.I agree. Heck, we took care of similar things in HS. We didn't seriously hurt anyone, but we'd let them "know" for the rest of the game.

burt
09-10-2006, 05:58 PM
It wasn't a dirty hit, and it wasn't helmet to helmet. If Green would have stayed behind the line and passed the ball, he wouldn't have got hit. ;)

If your mom was better at oral, you would have been a swallow....and should have been.

Soundwave
09-10-2006, 05:59 PM
I have no hatred against any fans, except Donks and Raiders fans of course, but some of the posts by pussies who get on for a few posts just to defend the hit/ laugh in our face makes me think otherwise.
Go to the official Bengals board and you'll find me there under the same name. Nothing to hide from. I'm no pussy Bub.

Soundwave
09-10-2006, 06:00 PM
If your mom was better at oral, you would have been a swallow....and should have been.
A dirty hit would be if I were to bang your girl. ;)

Soundwave
09-10-2006, 06:02 PM

i would of thought a real hard chop block to the knee would of been in order for that POS.

Look at your little video closer and you'll notice they both left their feet at the same time.

burt
09-10-2006, 06:04 PM

My girl would take your dirty 2 inches and pinch it off...you and your entire butt brother clan wouldn't be enough man for any good woman. Then again, my girl wouldn't bother with an almost eunich like you f**king troll, so, once again, no penalty.

Soundwave
09-10-2006, 06:06 PM
My girl would take your dirty 2 inches and pinch it off...you and your entire butt brother clan wouldn't be enough man for any good woman. Then again, my girl wouldn't bother with an almost eunich like you f**king troll, so, once again, no penalty.
Notice I said if. I wouldn't touch your girl Kevin. ;)

Tribal Warfare
09-10-2006, 06:09 PM

mods ban this asshole's IP all together. these guys are spineless assholes they have the whole week to state their case, but the wait until their team wins then they talk shit.

Soundwave
09-10-2006, 06:12 PM
mods ban this asshole's IP all together. these guys are spineless assholes they have the whole week to state their case, but the wait until their team wins then they talk shit.
Somebody can insult my mother, but I come back and insult his girl, and I'm an asshole. What a coward! ROFL

Simplex3
09-10-2006, 06:12 PM
Go to the official Bengals board and you'll find me there under the same name. Nothing to hide from. I'm no pussy Bub.
He's no pussy, he's a REAL keyboard hero! On two different boards, no less!

milkman
09-10-2006, 06:14 PM
Look at your little video closer and you'll notice they both left their feet at the same time.

Take a closer look and you will see that Geathers drops his head and lowers his shoulder.

That is defined as intent.

He saw the slide, and still went went into that hit with intent.

Megbert
09-10-2006, 06:15 PM
looked to me like he lead with his forearm that happened to hit Greens head. Which on top of hitting a sliding QB is also a Personal Foul.

Soundwave
09-10-2006, 06:16 PM
He's no pussy, he's a REAL keyboard hero! On two different boards, no less!
Keyboard Hero? Is that the sequel to Guitar hero?

Simplex3
09-10-2006, 06:19 PM
Keyboard Hero? Is that the sequel to Guitar hero?
No, it's the one where some jackhole troll shows up on a board claiming to be a tough guy because he can type tough while he thinks he's completely anonymous.

Soundwave
09-10-2006, 06:19 PM
looked to me like he lead with his forearm that happened to hit Greens head. Which on top of hitting a sliding QB is also a Personal Foul.
Looks to me he was pushed into Green every time I see the replay. I'm wathcing dude's video over and over right now. Not seeing what you guys are saying.

Soundwave
09-10-2006, 06:21 PM
No, it's the one where some jackhole troll shows up on a board claiming to be a tough guy because he can type tough while he thinks he's completely anonymous.
Did I claim to be a tough guy? No. I was called a pussy, so I let you guys know where you can find me. I am Soundwave at the Bengals Board. Nothing to hide Bub.

headsnap
09-10-2006, 06:23 PM
if that were the case, had Trent not have gone for the slide Geathers would have been purposly diving for the Knees. STFU

Soundwave
09-10-2006, 06:25 PM
if that were the case, had Trent not have gone for the slide Geathers would have been purposly diving for the Knees. STFUIf that was Ben Roethlisberger, maybe. ;)

Gravedigger
09-10-2006, 06:25 PM
Bub eh?..... lawl

cdcox
09-10-2006, 06:26 PM
Looks to me he was pushed into Green every time I see the replay. I'm wathcing dude's video over and over right now. Not seeing what you guys are saying.

So Geathers is pushed. He could have gone into Green hands first. He didn't. He dropped his shoulder and delivered a blow.

kcfanXIII
09-10-2006, 06:34 PM
flag should have been thrown. the two other bengals managed to avoid contact. its on the defenders to avoid contact when the qb goes into a slide. rules are rules.

Soundwave
09-10-2006, 06:35 PM
So Geathers is pushed. He could have gone into Green hands first. He didn't. He dropped his shoulder and delivered a blow.
Bang bang play with only a split second to make a decision.

Soundwave
09-10-2006, 06:36 PM
flag should have been thrown. the two other bengals managed to avoid contact. its on the defenders to avoid contact when the qb goes into a slide. rules are rules.
He went into his slide at the same time Geathers went into his tackle.

cdcox
09-10-2006, 06:36 PM

He found time to drop his shoulder...

Mecca
09-10-2006, 06:37 PM
This thread is still going......either way flag or no flag, Green's injured and the Chiefs lose.

milkman
09-10-2006, 06:38 PM

So he decided to drop his head and lower his shoulder in order to avoid making the hit.

Gothcha.

TrickyNicky
09-10-2006, 06:39 PM
He went into his slide at the same time Geathers went into his tackle.
No one is debating that. Regardless, if you hit a sliding QB, intentionally or not, its a penalty any other time.

headsnap
09-10-2006, 06:41 PM
He went DOWN for the hit. That was the decision! When he went down Trent was giving himself up. Geathers went for the hit on a player who technically was already down.

That has been the rule in the NFL for a very long time now. I'll let you off on this one because the Bengals are new to this as they have only been an NFL team for a year or two. ;)

Soundwave
09-10-2006, 06:47 PM
So he decided to drop his head and lower his shoulder in order to avoid making the hit.

Gothcha.
How is he going to avoid the hit if they both left their feet at the same time with the split second decision? Where is he lowering his head? He's trying to make a tackle.

Soundwave
09-10-2006, 06:49 PM
Sorry guys, but they both made there moves at the same exact time (I have watched this video at least ten times on here now). Geathers getting pushed in the back doesn't help your cause, so don't be expecting the league office to do anything about it.

ChiefsfaninPA
09-10-2006, 06:49 PM
How is he going to avoid the hit if they both left their feet at the same time with the split second decision? Where is he lowering his head? He's trying to make a tackle.

The same way you douche's think Von ol hoffen(sp) should've avoided Jesus Palmer.

CinciFan
09-10-2006, 06:50 PM

I don't disagree with that, and I'm a bit surprised there was no flag. I believe it was because Trent was going for every yard and didn't slide until they were quite close. I presume Geathers didn't know if/when TG would slide until it was too late and Geathers had already leaped at TG. Given that state of events, the officials didn't believe Geathers should be penalized.

Irrespective of that and whether Geathers gets fined (I don't really care but I don't think he should), I just hope Trent Green fully recovers and is able to first of all lead a normal life and second return to your team ASAP and lead you into the postseason. This isn't just a "make up" post either - I said I wanted you guys to make the postseason a week ago on this board in a discussion about how the Bengals should/would execute their offense against your D.

I would MUCH rather lose today's game than have any injury, especially one like that, to any player but especially a warrior and respectable guy like Green. I wish him and the team the best.

Soundwave
09-10-2006, 06:52 PM
The same way you douche's think Von ol hoffen(sp) should've avoided Jesus Palmer.
No proof of Von Oelharding getting pushed, unlike Geathers. Besides, Big Ben laid out the rules when Odell Thurman hit him earlier in the season.

Anytime you go low on a QB, you know it's a little dirty~ Ben Roethlisberger

ChiefsfaninPA
09-10-2006, 06:54 PM
No proof of Von Oelharding getting pushed, unlike Geathers. Besides, Big Ben laid out the rules when Odell Thurman hit him earlier in the season.

In this case your player WILL be getting a fine. That pretty much will sum it all up for me. If he is fined, the NFL must have found something wrong with the hit.

headsnap
09-10-2006, 06:56 PM

Geathers was going low on purpose?

that block from Kennison didn't alter Geather's trajectory much at all...

Soundwave
09-10-2006, 06:56 PM
In this case your player WILL be getting a fine. That pretty much will sum it all up for me. If he is fined, the NFL must have found something wrong with the hit.
No he won't. I can put a Chad Johnson guarantee on that. ;)

ChiefsfaninPA
09-10-2006, 06:57 PM
No he won't. I can put a Chad Johnson guarantee on that. ;)

Don't do that Chad didn't make any good on his promises. How about this. Whatever he is fined you will pay me. If he is not fined I will pay you that amount. Man up and accept this bet.

milkman
09-10-2006, 06:57 PM

Are you ****ing kidding me.

No proof that Ol Hoffen was blocked into Palmer.

You are a ****ing moron.

Soundwave
09-10-2006, 06:59 PM
Geathers was going low on purpose?

that block from Kennison didn't alter Geather's trajectory much at all...
So you admit it did at least a little!

headsnap
09-10-2006, 07:00 PM

You are a ****ing moron.
give him a break, he is new to the NFL...

two years ago Bengalfan was a more rare breed than the Chargerfan!

Soundwave
09-10-2006, 07:01 PM

You are a ****ing moron.
http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/1253/carsontg8.jpg

I speak the truth. ;)

ChiefsfaninPA
09-10-2006, 07:01 PM

Funny how a one win season gets them out of the woodwork.

headsnap
09-10-2006, 07:02 PM
So you admit it did at least a little!
maybe it changed the point of contact by two inches at most. Same outcome.

ChiefsfaninPA
http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/1253/carsontg8.jpg

I speak the truth. ;)

Looks like that lineman is pushing him to me. You are and idiot to even post the picture that clearly shows this. What a moron.

Nati Ice
Yeah right, a 180lb WR moving perpendicular to a 280lb DE "shoved" him in the back, causing him to mysteriously dive towards a sliding QB.

F*ck you and f*ck your cheap-shotting Geathers. The NFL will fine his ass for that blatent cheap shot. Now go troll somewhere else, douchebagso what youre telling me is when geathers doesnt get fined, you will stfu?

didnt think so.

the hit was unfortunate, and it sucks to be a fan of your team right now, but how about you focus your anger on something relevant. that was clearly not a cheap shot when you take your homer glasses on. how about you realese some of your pent up rage on herm, or you know, that awesome oline or secondary of yours. you know, someone that actually cost you the game.

Soundwave
09-10-2006, 07:03 PM

Two years ago? That's funny, because three years ago I was at the game where P-Dub almost single handedly ruined your push for a perfect season.

Logical
09-10-2006, 07:04 PM

How can you call it a cheap shot when the Chiefs player blocked Geathers into Trent?

Soundwave
09-10-2006, 07:04 PM
Looks like that lineman is pushing him to me. You are and idiot to even post the picture that clearly shows this. What a moron.
What direction is that push, Larry? Looks forward to me, but with one hand under him, and the other not on him.

headsnap
09-10-2006, 07:06 PM
Two years ago? That's funny, because three years ago I was at the game where P-Dub almost single handedly ruined your push for a perfect season.
ok then, 3 years ago.

You came over with Marvin?

milkman
09-10-2006, 07:07 PM
How can you call it a cheap shot when the Chiefs player blocked Geathers into Trent?

Whether or not EK pushed him enough to run him into Green is irrelevent, so I won't even go there.

Geathers drops his head and shoulder.

That's what makes it cheap.

ChiefsfaninPA
What direction is that push, Larry? Looks forward to me, but with one hand under him, and the other not on him.

Looks like a push that caused him to fall down and seeing how is momentum was carrying him forward. Well I am no scientist or physist but I would assume a heavy man getting shoved downwards and moving forward would not abrubtly stop.

Logical
In this case your player WILL be getting a fine. That pretty much will sum it all up for me. If he is fined, the NFL must have found something wrong with the hit.I think you would lose that bet. I really doubt the league fines him as it is clear the Chiefs block altered his trajectory and knocked him forward towards Trent.

ChiefsfaninPA
09-10-2006, 07:08 PM
I think you would lose that bet. I really doubt the league fines him as it is clear the Chiefs block altered his trajectory and knocked him forward towards Trent.

Well then you take the bet also. I will guarantee a fine. Just take the bet.

Logical
09-10-2006, 07:09 PM
Whether or not EK pushed him enough to run him into Green is irrelevent, so I won't even go there.

Geathers drops his head and shoulder.

That's what makes it cheap.YOu need to watch the video closely EK knocked him off balance forward so he was falling it is clear as hell.

milkman
09-10-2006, 07:09 PM

Take off your homer glasses.

You're just showing off your dumbass.

Soundwave
09-10-2006, 07:12 PM
ok then, 3 years ago.

You came over with Marvin?
I never left them. ;)

milkman
09-10-2006, 07:12 PM
YOu need to watch the video closely EK knocked him off balance forward so he was falling it is clear as hell.

I've watched that video mant times.

Yes, he was falling forward and off balance, and still drops his head and shoulder in an aggressive attempt to lay some wood, rather than place his hands in front in an attempt to lessen the blow.

Soundwave
09-10-2006, 07:14 PM
Take off your homer glasses.

You're just showing off your dumbass.
Ummm...Take off your homer glasses and take your loss like a man.

ChiefsfaninPA
09-10-2006, 07:14 PM
I never left them. ;)

Stop winking at us. We know you like men but that is no reason to keep soliciting us. We don't swing that way.

bengalsfan15
09-10-2006, 07:16 PM
I'm not going to get into a debate whether or not the hit was illegal or legal. Too tough to tell, although it does look like Kennison shoved Geathers. Hopefully Trent is alright he is a class act all the way. Note to the rest of the Bengals fans, leave this subject alone. I know everyone got pissed off when Steeler fans tried to talk about Carson.

milkman
09-10-2006, 07:17 PM
Ummm...Take off your homer glasses and take your loss like a man.

You just don't get it.

We deserved to lose.

I am not blaming the loss on that hit.

I am declaring that that hit was a cheap shot, and you're a dumb**** who refuses to acknowledge it.

Soundwave
Stop winking at us. We know you like men but that is no reason to keep soliciting us. We don't swing that way.
It's better to give than to recieve, like you boy! Squeel! Louder!

DanT
I only saw the play during the telecast, which I viewed on a large screen in a sports bar. Here are my thoughts:

I do not believe the hit was helmet-to-helmet.

I do not believe that Trent Green had gone into his slide early enough that a defender could be reasonably expected to avoid delivering a hard blow, especially when the defender had himself been redirected by Kennison's block.

My deep respect for cdcox's opinion, which he offered after reviewing the play on his own replay system, causes me to withhold judgment as to whether Geathers will get fined. It seems possible that the NFL may fine Geathers, although at the time I saw the replays, the shot looked clean.

The injury itself was due to a tremendous amount of momentum from BOTH Geathers and Green. In other words, Green slid too late and ended up contributing a lot of momentum to the resultant vector that whiplashed his head into the turf.

Carson Palmer should have been getting buried--cleanly--a LONG, LONG, LONG time before the time of Green's injury. My Chiefs got their asses completely kicked, did not even come close to testing Palmer, and ended up losing one of the bravest Chiefs because the Chiefs didn't get to Palmer nearly as much as the Bengals were getting to Green.

Herm Edwards opinion about the play doesn't mean a helluva lot because (a) it's hard to see straight when your getting your ass kicked and (b) if the Chiefs had executed a better game plan than one that caused them, for example, to attempt 51-yard FGs in the rain, then it's possible that Trent Green wouldn't have gotten so desparate as to try to eke out extra yards on his scrambles.

Soundwave
09-10-2006, 07:18 PM
You just don't get it.

We deserved to lose.

I am not blaming the loss on that hit.

I am delaring that that hit was a cheap shot, and you're a dumb**** who refuses to acknowledge it.
If you have to prove your point to a skeptical cheap shot, then it isn't a cheapshot. ;) You've got nothing. No flag, no foul.

headsnap
I never left them. ;)
oh, so you were one of those 'special' kids that I would see at Kings Island during the 90's... :p

ChiefsfaninPA
It's better to give than to recieve, like you boy! Squeel! Louder!

Sounds like you have experience receiving and are afraid of receiving again. Thats cool, prison will do that to you.

09-10-2006, 07:19 PM
Sounds like you have experience receiving and are afraid of receiving again. Thats cool, prison will do that to you.
ROFL ROFL ROFL

I hate this smiley but it is fitting for that comment.

ChiefsfaninPA
09-10-2006, 07:20 PM
If you have to prove your point to a skeptical cheap shot, then it isn't a cheapshot. ;) You've got nothing. No flag, no foul.

Well if we go with that theory than the Pittsburgh hit wasn't illegal either. If I recall there was no flag or fine afterwards.

Soundwave
09-10-2006, 07:20 PM
oh, so you were one of those 'special' kids that I would see at Kings Island during the 90's... :p
Actually, I wasn't a kid in the 90's.

craneref
09-10-2006, 07:21 PM

And that would be your same answer if that ILLEGAL hit would have happened to Palmer. That means you were fine with Palmer's knee injury last year. Trent had started the slide and he was looking to punish him! There was no shove, the receiver missed Geathers. It was a cheap ass shot, meant to hurt the QB and you will see when he pays the NFL some money. It was a CHEAP shot this time, and would be a DIRTY play no matter who did the hitting and what QB got hit. Take off the Bengals NEVER would paly that way glasses and just admit it, don't try to make excuses tht it was legal, he got blocked int he back, there was an earthquake, my dog ate my homework excuse!! Just thank your lucky stars that the CHIEFS offense was generous today, because overall the much maligned CHIEFS "D" stuck it to your "O".

Soundwave
You don't want to step into my cell. Even veterans walk out with tight pants and Kool-Aid lipstick.

ChiefsfaninPA

That makes it even worse, you are a moronic senior citizen. Hasn't life taught you anything.

headsnap
09-10-2006, 07:22 PM
but you were 'special'? :hmmm:

Soundwave
09-10-2006, 07:23 PM
Well if we go with that theory than the Pittsburgh hit wasn't illegal either. If I recall there was no flag or fine afterwards.
But there was Ben's quote to go by, which I only use to push a button with Steelers fans. I really think it was unfortunate, but Oelhoffen was not pushed into him.

ChiefsfaninPA
09-10-2006, 07:23 PM
You don't want to step into my cell. Even veterans walk out with tight pants and Kool-Aid lipstick.

So you are admitting that men frequent you and you dress them up in your clothes and put some of your makeup on them. Nice.

Soundwave
09-10-2006, 07:26 PM
but you were 'special'? :hmmm:
Were. I still am! nlm

milkman
But there was Ben's quote to go by, which I only use to push a button with Steelers fans. I really think it was unfortunate, but Oelhoffen was not pushed into him.

You are a lying sack of shit.

cdcox
My deep respect for cdcox's opinion, which he offered after reviewing the play on his own replay system, causes me to withhold judgment as to whether Geathers will get fined. It seems possible that the NFL may fine Geathers, although at the time I saw the replays, the shot looked clean.

I don't know whether he will get fined or not. After watching the first 3 times, I thought it was clean. But it's pretty clear to me that he saw Green go into his slide and then dropped his shoulder to deliver a blow, after Kenison pushed him. From my perspective, Geatehers gets a bigger benefit of a doubt in slow mo, than he does in live action.

Soundwave
09-10-2006, 07:27 PM
So you are admitting that men frequent you and you dress them up in your clothes and put some of your makeup on them. Nice.
Not my clothes. Your clothes, woman. ;)

craneref
09-10-2006, 07:27 PM

Amazing, Geathers wasn't pushed either, WATCH the film, it can't b slowed down any further, the receiver MISSED Geathers on purpose as not to clip. Two words CHEAP SHOT!! Of course you could just join the sorry Referee crew and throw a flag on Trent for Offensive pass interference on the play!! :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

ChiefsfaninPA
09-10-2006, 07:28 PM

It is obvious we aren't looking at the same picture, because it clearly shows your linemans hands on him pushing. I would like to see the frames before that when the lineman was pushing him even more than the little shot you showed here.

Soundwave
09-10-2006, 07:28 PM
You are a lying sack of shit.
No I am not. I got insulted by some Bengals fans for saying that. ;)

Soundwave
09-10-2006, 07:29 PM
It is obvious we aren't looking at the same picture, because it clearly shows your linemans hands on him pushing. I would like to see the frames before that when the lineman was pushing him even more than the little shot you showed here.
One hand under him, and he was forearming him with the other arm.

Skip Towne
09-10-2006, 07:29 PM
I don't think Kennison even touched Geathers. Watch closely and you can see both of them on the same yard line. Then Geathers took another long stride past EK before EK reached for him. EK's arms would have to be 3-4 feet long.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-10-2006, 07:30 PM
If that were one of the Mannings, it would've drawn a flag, no matter what.

Soundwave
09-10-2006, 07:31 PM
Amazing, Geathers wasn't pushed either, WATCH the film, it can't b slowed down any further, the receiver MISSED Geathers on purpose as not to clip. Two words CHEAP SHOT!! Of course you could just join the sorry Referee crew and throw a flag on Trent for Offensive pass interference on the play!! :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:
I've got it on slow motion, and it shows what I saw earlier during the game numerous times. Kennison pushed, and they both left their feet at the same time.

KcMizzou
09-10-2006, 07:31 PM
If that were one of the Mannings, it would've drawn a flag, no matter what.A flag for sure, and a possible ejection.

headsnap
09-10-2006, 07:32 PM
Were. I still am! nlm
are you in an institution or do your parents still take care of you?

parents like that are truly selfless people...

Iowanian
09-10-2006, 07:33 PM
I'd pretty much like to see Cinci Burn tonight.

Soundwave
I don't think Kennison even touched Geathers. Watch closely and you can see both of them on the same yard line. Then Geathers took another long stride past EK before EK reached for him. EK's arms would have to be 3-4 feet long.Or you need glasses. I'm leaning toward you needing glasses.

ChiefsfaninPA
One hand under him, and he was forearming him with the other arm.

The picture you posted shows that. I am sure the pictures before that would show a more clear push. Last time I ever forearmed someone, they moved. So I am sure if a strong lineman forearmed someone it would move them with the same force as a shove. I understand your elemetary school education can not comprehend this.

Tribal Warfare
09-10-2006, 07:34 PM
Okay guys stop feeding the trolls going by the old KCStar BB credo

Skip Towne
09-10-2006, 07:35 PM
Or you need glasses. I'm leaning toward you needing glasses.
I'm leaning toward you're a f*cking dipshit.

craneref
I've got it on slow motion, and it shows what I saw earlier during the game numerous times. Kennison pushed, and they both left their feet at the same time.

I would hate to see what you would have done with film of John Wilkes Booth shooting Lincoln. Geathers has already put his shoulder down, either heading for his knee/s whichis crap, but as I see it Trent was OBVIOUSLY beginning to slide and Gethers made up his mind to crunch him. By the way, using YOUR logic, if Kennison pushed Geathers in theback, how come NO flag for illegal block int he back. I will give you the answer for this one, because Kennison NEVER touched Geathers!!

Soundwave
are you in an institution or do your parents still take care of you?

parents like that are truly selfless people...
Institution. I've been good, so they gave me computer access. :)

Soundwave
09-10-2006, 07:36 PM
You guys are a bunch of homers. Do you want a link to a bunch of Steelers fans even saying the hit was clean? If Steelers fans agree with us, then you know it's true.

headsnap
09-10-2006, 07:38 PM
Institution. I've been good, so they gave me computer access. :)
if nurse Ratchet reads this thread, she is going to up your medication...

Mecca
09-10-2006, 07:38 PM
You guys are a bunch of homers. Do you want a link to a bunch of Steelers fans even saying the hit was clean? If Steelers fans agree with us, then you know it's true.

The Chiefs fans on KFFL don't think it was a dirty hit either......and like I said I don't think it was a dirty hit. From what I've seen from looking around most people think it was clean.

ChiefsfaninPA
09-10-2006, 07:39 PM

Why do we care what Steelers fans think. What are they the final authority on cheap shots or illegal hits. No need. The NFL will validate this for us with the fine. And no we are not all homers, look at some of the other threads on this site, we just don't like dirty players or plays. We have to deal with this chit enough in our own division playing the donks and faiders.

Soundwave
09-10-2006, 07:41 PM
if nurse Ratchet reads this thread, she is going to up your medication...
Good. I need some dope to celebrate todays victory. :)

Soundwave
09-10-2006, 07:42 PM
Why do we care what Steelers fans think. What are they the final authority on cheap shots or illegal hits. No need. The NFL will validate this for us with the fine. And no we are not all homers, look at some of the other threads on this site, we just don't like dirty players or plays. We have to deal with this chit enough in our own division playing the donks and faiders.You will see Chiefs fans agreeing too.

TrickyNicky
09-10-2006, 07:43 PM
The Chiefs fans on KFFL don't think it was a dirty hit either......and like I said I don't think it was a dirty hit. From what I've seen from looking around most people think it was clean.
Well, I don't consider it a dirty hit because he lead the shot with his shoulder, which is legal. He didn't spearhead or take a shot at his head or knees.

It's just that it's illegal to hit a sliding QB, even if its just a small hit. Even if you slide late, the QB is still sliding and any other time, that would have been flagged IMO.

Bearcats
09-10-2006, 07:43 PM
For those of you who say it doesnt matter if you push a 280 de with a wr...well 280 pounds is a lot of weight. If hes already running full speed at a qb, on wet turf, all it takes is a little shove for him to slip and fly foward. It looked like he tried to get out of the way by turning his shoulder pad. I hope Trent's ok, but if you look at the replay, I really cant see how its a dirty hit. Open up your minds a little further and see how theres another possibility than a dirty hit on your beloved chiefs. I thought it was a terrible hit when I saw it, but after the replays, I believe he was pushed. Either way, it doesnt matter what we really think at all.

ChiefsfaninPA
09-10-2006, 07:44 PM
You will see Chiefs fans agreeing too.

Yeah but if you look at a lot of these "fans" body of work, you might feel otherwise.

ChiefsfaninPA
09-10-2006, 07:45 PM
For those of you who say it doesnt matter if you push a 280 de with a wr...well 280 pounds is a lot of weight. If hes already running full speed at a qb, on wet turf, all it takes is a little shove for him to slip and fly foward. It looked like he tried to get out of the way by turning his shoulder pad. I hope Trent's ok, but if you look at the replay, I really cant see how its a dirty hit. Open up your minds a little further and see how theres another possibility than a dirty hit on your beloved chiefs. I thought it was a terrible hit when I saw it, but after the replays, I believe he was pushed. Either way, it doesnt matter what we really think at all.

Coming from another Cinci fan.

Bearcats
09-10-2006, 07:48 PM
If its comming from a Cincy fan, theres no possible way he can have an intelligent opinion. Theres the closed mindedness I was talking about earlier. I was pissed when he hit Trent because I thought it was going to be 15 yrds, and you were on a great drive. After looking at the replays I just cant think it was a dirty hit.

Soundwave
09-10-2006, 07:49 PM
It was unfortunate, and I hope Green returns soon. I'm done arguing about it.

VonneMarie
09-10-2006, 07:50 PM
That punk ass did lead with his shoulder. Yes, he was pushed by EK, but he led with his shoulder. Costa had this tone in his voice when he said there was no penalty.

ChiefsfaninPA
09-10-2006, 07:51 PM
If its comming from a Cincy fan, theres no possible way he can have an intelligent opinion. Theres the closed mindedness I was talking about earlier. I was pissed when he hit Trent because I thought it was going to be 15 yrds, and you were on a great drive. After looking at the replays I just cant think it was a dirty hit.

It would be the first intelligent bunghole fan on here all night. I am sure you will commit an act of dumbassery in no time.

ChiefsfaninPA
09-10-2006, 07:52 PM
It was unfortunate, and I hope Green returns soon. I'm done arguing about it.

No please come back it is nice having a punching bag around.

Soundwave
09-10-2006, 07:52 PM
That punk ass did lead with his shoulder. Yes, he was pushed by EK, but he led with his shoulder. Costa had this tone in his voice when he said there was no penalty.
Costas' tone in his voice was enough to make you decide it was dirty instead of your own eyes?

Nati Ice
09-10-2006, 07:53 PM
yea... so... and what?

you want him to lead with his dick or something.

nevermind, you seem like youd like that. wouldnt you, whiney ass.

VonneMarie
09-10-2006, 07:54 PM
Costas' tone in his voice was enough to make you decide it was dirty instead of your own eyes?
No idiot. Costa seemed to say that was BS there was no flag. And he's right, that was a cheap shot.

Bearcats
09-10-2006, 07:54 PM
He probably had that tone in his voice because he was concerned with Trent Green. At that time did anyone really care if it was a cheap shot or not? Most of us were just praying for his health.

ChiefsfaninPA
09-10-2006, 07:55 PM
yea... so... and what?

Oh great another dumbass bunghole fan. Tell us again why or how the hit wasn't dirty and then justify why the hit on Palmer last year was dirty. Please.

Eleazar
Unfortunately this isn't like baseball, where if the other team does something cheap like throw at one of your hitters, you throw at them.

It's hilarious to see the Natty people claiming it was a clean hit, when they have been polly pissy pants for 9 months about a clean hit on their QB in the playoffs.

Nati Ice
It would be the first intelligent bunghole fan on here all night. I am sure you will commit an act of dumbassery in no time.
what about douchebaggery, or even ******ry? you cant forget those!

Mecca
09-10-2006, 07:56 PM
yea... so... and what?

I think some people have forgotten that football is a contact sport....we scream about killing the other teams QB. There were countless posts and killing Palmer hitting his bad knee and all that before this game..

Cincy player hammers Trent Green and a criminal act has occured, obviously there is some double standard cause it happened to our team. And the result made it look worse than it really was.

I don't personally think it was dirty because Trent slid so late that you're going to get hit when you do that. And the guy had already started going to his dive/tackle motion when Trent slid. Like the official told Herm you can't change direction in mid air. I mean honestly what do you people want the guy to do? Completely contort his 285lb body in mid air to miss Green?

Iowanian
09-10-2006, 07:56 PM
It'd be better if he'd have followed the rules of the NFL and not dived on a sliding QB...but thats just me.

Get ass cancer, shitpig.

cdcox
09-10-2006, 07:57 PM
It looked like he tried to get out of the way by turning his shoulder pad.

That's just rich. If he had just put his hands out, that would have been the mercy play.

Bearcats
09-10-2006, 07:57 PM
He didnt dive on a sliding qb, if he tried to tackle before he went down like the other poster said.

ChiefsfaninPA
09-10-2006, 07:58 PM
I think some people have forgotten that football is a contact sport....we scream about killing the other teams QB. There were countless posts and killing Palmer hitting his bad knee and all that before this game..

Cincy player hammers Trent Green and a criminal act has occured, obviously there is some double standard cause it happened to our team. And the result made it look worse than it really was.

I don't personally think it was dirty because Trent slid so late that you're going to get hit when you do that. And the guy had already started going to his dive/tackle motion when Trent slid. Like the official told Herm you can't change direction in mid air. I mean honestly what do you people want the guy to do? Completely contort his 285lb body in mid air to miss Green?

Says the fan who all week and shit probably all year has said nothing postive about this team. I am sure if this was a USC player you would be lobbying congress for an investigation. Your a joke and a tool.

Soundwave
09-10-2006, 07:59 PM
No please come back it is nice having a punching bag around.
Punching bag? You do need some training, cause your smack is weak. ;)

Bearcats
09-10-2006, 08:00 PM
That's just rich. If he had just put his hands out, that would have been the mercy play.
For those saying he should have got out of the way have you played football before? Its extremely hard to try to miss a player after you have already committed on tackling him. Im sure there isnt much he could have done when he was flying through the air. And yea, he could have not tried to tackle him, but at that point Trent wasnt sliding.

ChiefsfaninPA
Punching bag? You do need some training, cause your smack is weak. ;)

I am sure I would feel the same way if I was getting pummeled.

headsnap
He didnt dive on a sliding qb, if he tried to tackle before he went down like the other poster said.
if that were the case, he would have been diving at Trent's KNEES!!!

Mecca
Says the fan who all week and shit probably all year has said nothing postive about this team. I am sure if this was a USC player you would be lobbying congress for an investigation. Your a joke and a tool.

The USC smack is lame, I'm sorry you gonna get all upset on me cause USC would rape your college team? You find something positive about that game today you let me know, I'm a realistic fan not a homeristic fan.

Soundwave
09-10-2006, 08:01 PM
No idiot. Costa seemed to say that was BS there was no flag. And he's right, that was a cheap shot.
No. He said there wasn't a flag because Geathers was pushed in the back, Egon.

ChiefsfaninPA
09-10-2006, 08:01 PM
For those saying he should have got out of the way have you played football before? Its extremely hard to try to miss a player after you have already committed on tackling him. Im sure there isnt much he could have done when he was flying through the air. And yea, he could have not tried to tackle him, but at that point Trent wasnt sliding.

One, Trent was sliding. Two as a defensive player that clown knows when a QB slides he can not hit him. This is drilled in their heads.

Soundwave
09-10-2006, 08:02 PM
I am sure I would feel the same way if I was getting pummeled.
Yeah, me too. ;)

dragons5
09-10-2006, 08:03 PM
watching that replay you can see that Geathers never flinches in his motion, he sets his feet and lunges for green... Kennison never touches him falling behind straight to the ground.

Watch. at the same exact moment that the corner sets his feet you can see the Geathers doing the same, the WR has yet to supposedly hit him and he is already moving forward. IF he was trying to stop he was unable to stop as quick as he wanted and his body was still moving forward, it would take another angle to prove this (it's the NFL they have like 4 angles of every play)

Had the WR hit him the WR would have fallen backwards and down and the DE would have moved to the left in the screen slightly, maybe enough to miss Green.

it was a dirty shot, an intentional shot, and could disrupt the Chiefs level of play for the entire season

ChiefsfaninPA
The USC smack is lame, I'm sorry you gonna get all upset on me cause USC would rape your college team? You find something positive about that game today you let me know, I'm a realistic fan not a homeristic fan.

Besides this injury and a couple of problems we had, the team looked decent. The offense left something to be desired, but I saw an improvement in the D. And for the record I don't cheer for Minor League Football (college) so I could care less if they could beat my college team.

Bearcats
It may be drilled in their heads but its not like it hasnt happened before. Offensive lineman are told not to go offsides, but yeah they do every now and then. I'm sorry that it happened and hope Trent ends up ok, but it seems unlikely that a football player would just let Trent keep running before he slid.

Soundwave
09-10-2006, 08:05 PM
watching that replay you can see that Geathers never flinches in his motion, he sets his feet and lunges for green... Kennison never touches him falling behind straight to the ground.

Had the WR hit him the WR would have fallen backwards and down and the DE would have moved to the left in the screen slightly, maybe enough to miss Green.

it was a dirty shot, and intentional shot, and could disrupt the Chiefs level of play for the entire season
Yeah, ok! Kennison would not have fallen backwards after pushing Geathers! :bong:

C-Mac
09-10-2006, 08:07 PM
Bottom line to me is that Trent Green has a very good understanding of the slide rule and of his own safety. He saw Gathers coming and went into his slide expecting that "saftey net" rule to protect him. It was breached and a flag should have been thrown. I have seen time and time again a flag thrown for the same breach infraction when contact of a much lessor magnitude is made. The refs totally dropped the ball on this call.

Mr. Laz
09-10-2006, 08:08 PM
if kennison had hit him ..... really hit him, his body would of changed direction.

it didn't ...... at most it twist a couple inches

Green was going into a slide, declaring himself down ... Geathers took a shot anyway.

how are your Cincinnati Bearcats doing anyway?

Mecca
They probably should have thrown a flag considering how the league protects QB's.

ChiefsfaninPA
Bottom line to me is that Trent Green has a very good understanding of the slide rule and of his own safety. He saw Gathers coming and went into his slide expecting that "saftey net" rule to protect him. It was breached and a flag should have been thrown. I have seen time and time again a flag thrown for the same breach infraction when contact of a much lessor magnitude is made. The refs totally dropped the ball on this call.

That pretty much sums it up for me as well.

VonneMarie
09-10-2006, 08:09 PM
I think Geathers should be expecting something from the NFL in the mail this week. Dirty cheap shot bastard.

Imon Yourside
09-10-2006, 08:10 PM
I just saw the replay of the hit and it was definitely flagrant and intentional. Green was in his slide before geathers even lowered his shoulder trying to spear a prone target.

Bearcats
I agree that it should have been called. Dirty hit or not, he should still get fined because nothing like this should have the chance of occuring. Sometimes our insticts get in the way of the rules, and this is an unfortunate inncodent. Trent could have done this, Robert should have done this, either way they both should have done something to prevent it alltogether.

milkman
No. He said there wasn't a flag because Geathers was pushed in the back, Egon.

The tone she speaks of is the one he used that implied that he thought it was a bad non call, and he said "evidently" in a tone that implied he didn't see EK touch Geathers.

dragons5
Yeah, ok! Kennison would not have fallen backwards after pushing Geathers! :bong:
yes he would have. You try pushing something while moving laterally to it.. you will move backwards

Soundwave
09-10-2006, 08:11 PM
Green knows the rules, but he tried to stretch his run out a little too long.

Soundwave
09-10-2006, 08:12 PM
The tone she speaks of is the one he used that implied that he thought it was a bad non call, and he said "evidently" in a tone that implied he didn't see EK touch Geathers.
He didn't imply that he didn't see the push in the back though.

ChiefsfaninPA
09-10-2006, 08:13 PM
Green knows the rules, but he tried to stretch his run out a little too long.

Every post gets better and better from you. Regardless when the QB slides there is nothing you can do, you have to give up hitting him. It doesn't matter if he tries to get 80 extra yards, when he slides the play ends. Do you even know how the NFL rules work?

Soundwave
yes he would have. You try pushing something while moving laterally to it.. you will move backwards
Watch the video.

cdcox

How many times have Chiefs been flagged on ticky-tack contact over the last several years? That is fine, rules of the game. You go after the QB and you know you are going to get flagged. You have to play smart. We've paid our dues into the baby-the-QB account. All we are asking is that our QB be given the same protection as every othe QB in the league.