PDA

View Full Version : Herm's Post-Game Comments

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-10-2006, 04:12 PM
This guy is completely clueless. He looked down at the table during his prepared speech like a 10th grader in a speech class. Then he says that everything that went wrong this week is fixable. Sprinkle in a few more generalities with no real analysis, including him saying that "they got to our quarterback a couple of times". A couple of times?? London got bombed a couple of times by the Nazi's, the assault that our QBs took today was a full-fledged Dresden firebombing.

Another typical dumbass Marty clone.

Hammock Parties
09-10-2006, 04:13 PM
Herm is blameless. The players didn't execute.

Did Dick run a single fake punt in five years? That play alone showed Herm is not the Martyball codger he's made out to be.

oldandslow
09-10-2006, 04:17 PM
Until the OL is fixed we aren't going anywhere. You know it, I know it, Herm knows it.

He also knows he can't fix it until the draft and next years FA crop.

He did not cause Willie Roaf to retire or Welbourne to do 'roids. He had nothing to do with not paying John Tait.

So I hope he remains positive, because I liked what I saw out of the D. We'll win 7 or 8 and be in position to do quite well in a year or two.

Sure-Oz
09-10-2006, 04:18 PM
Trent wasn't protected at all this game, and that is why he got nailed like he did, running for his life. I still don't like the 3rd and 5 run by us. This team is better than this, i hope. Atleast Denver lost!

09-10-2006, 04:25 PM

Did Dick run a single fake punt in five years? That play alone showed Herm is not the Martyball codger he's made out to be.

So Germ Warfare is but a distant memory for you?

Hammock Parties
09-10-2006, 04:27 PM
For now. ROFL

JoeWillie
09-10-2006, 04:27 PM
This guy is completely clueless. He looked down at the table during his prepared speech like a 10th grader in a speech class. Then he says that everything that went wrong this week is fixable. Sprinkle in a few more generalities with no real analysis, including him saying that "they got to our quarterback a couple of times". A couple of times?? London got bombed a couple of times by the Nazi's, the assault that our QBs took today was a full-fledged Dresden firebombing.

Herm Edwards is a fraud.

If you want analysis of what went wrong, hang out here. You ain't gonna get it from the Cheerleader Edwards.

Hammock Parties
09-10-2006, 04:28 PM
What exactly did Herm do wrong?

Mecca
09-10-2006, 04:28 PM
Until the OL is fixed we aren't going anywhere. You know it, I know it, Herm knows it.

He also knows he can't fix it until the draft and next years FA crop.

He did not cause Willie Roaf to retire or Welbourne to do 'roids. He had nothing to do with not paying John Tait.

So I hope he remains positive, because I liked what I saw out of the D. We'll win 7 or 8 and be in position to do quite well in a year or two.

It didn't help the the Tackles when Wiegman got bowled over a few times......I hope we don't end up in a situation where we need to replace 4 Olineman in 1 year.

dirk digler
09-10-2006, 04:29 PM
Herm is blameless.

ROFL

That is a ****ing stupid thing to say.

This is the worst this team has looked since 2001.

Hammock Parties
09-10-2006, 04:30 PM
What has Herm done wrong?

dirk digler
09-10-2006, 04:30 PM

Made Black the starting RT.

CupidStunt
09-10-2006, 04:35 PM
This is the worst this team has looked since 2001.

Bullshit.

The worst the line has looked, but I've seen much worse TEAM performances in one game.

Because that's all it is: ONE game.

Last year @ Denver is one example. Coincedentally, no Willie Roaf in that one, either.

Sometimes, who your coach is just doesn't matter all that much. The players matter a LOT more, and at this point, we don't have them.

htismaqe
09-10-2006, 04:41 PM

Started #65 at RT.

Other than that, he's blameless...

Hammock Parties
09-10-2006, 04:41 PM
Who should have started?

dirk digler
09-10-2006, 04:42 PM
Bullshit.

The worst the line has looked, but I've seen much worse TEAM performances in one game.

Because that's all it is: ONE game.

Last year @ Denver is one example. Coincedentally, no Willie Roaf in that one, either.

Sometimes, who your coach is just doesn't matter all that much. The players matter a LOT more, and at this point, we don't have them.

I will give you that have played some pretty bad games on the road, Denver, Buffalo, NY Giants last year. The Minnesota game in 2003 was a pretty pathetic performance.

But when was the last time we looked like shit at home? It has been a while.

DaFace
09-10-2006, 04:43 PM
Made Black the starting RT.

Geez...people, learn the facts. Black is the BACKUP RT. Sampson, the starter, is hurt. And before you start talking about Svitek, keep in mind that he is a LEFT TACKLE. They tried him at RT this week in practice and he got his ass handed to him. :banghead:

dirk digler
09-10-2006, 04:45 PM
Started #65 at RT.

Other than that, he's blameless...

Yep and I would also add that he could be partly blamed for running 3 straight times when we should maybe passed at least once to try to score.

DMAC
09-10-2006, 04:46 PM
Yep and I would also add that he could be partly blamed for running 3 straight times when we should maybe passed at least once to try to score.I blame Hermball for the 3rd and 5 red zone run up the gut.

Baby Lee
09-10-2006, 04:46 PM
I don't know when it was, or who was coach, but I'll bet whatever the situation we were probably scrambling to fill holes on a thin O-line then, too.

Roaf stuck it in and broke it off.

dirk digler
09-10-2006, 04:51 PM
Geez...people, learn the facts. Black is the BACKUP RT. Sampson, the starter, is hurt. And before you start talking about Svitek, keep in mind that he is a LEFT TACKLE. They tried him at RT this week in practice and he got his ass handed to him. :banghead:

Maybe you should learn the facts. Black is a guard not a tackle and they moved him back to guard during the preseason because he sucked major ass.

Skip Towne
09-10-2006, 04:53 PM
I will give you that have played some pretty bad games on the road, Denver, Buffalo, NY Giants last year. The Minnesota game in 2003 was a pretty pathetic performance.

Eagles game last year?

dirk digler
09-10-2006, 04:55 PM
Eagles game last year?

Nah we played pretty well unti Trent threw that INT for a touchdown right before half-time. We were up by 17pts IIRC at one time.

Raiderhater
09-10-2006, 05:38 PM
Nah we played pretty well unti Trent threw that INT for a touchdown right before half-time. We were up by 17pts IIRC at one time.

Which makes it all the worse.

If you still aren't buying that, the Houston game the year before, and the Carolina one as well.

HemiEd
09-10-2006, 05:40 PM

We did not need to fake punts, we knew how to score then.

Jenny Gump
09-10-2006, 05:42 PM

Do you want him to say that the situation is hopeless and cry like a little bitch? Part of coaching is optimism.

dirk digler
09-10-2006, 05:43 PM
Which makes it all the worse.

If you still aren't buying that, the Houston game the year before, and the Carolina one as well.

You think we played the Eagles game as bad as this game? Not even close IMHO.

We weren't up by 17 against the Bengals.

We had 350yds total O against the Eagles and 144 yds rushing.

Terribilis
09-10-2006, 05:46 PM
I would like to know the last time we looked good with an injured QB. The line sucked today but it will get better, this is just one game.

Raiderhater
09-10-2006, 05:53 PM

I think we played the Philly game worse. As you say, we were up 17 AT HOME, and pissed it away.

At least today we didn't give away a win that was already in hand.

DaKCMan AP
09-10-2006, 05:54 PM
I blame Herm Edwards for cancer.

dirk digler
09-10-2006, 05:58 PM
I think we played the Philly game worse. As you say, we were up 17 AT HOME, and pissed it away.

At least today we didn't give away a win that was already in hand.

I guess my take is at least we were in the game the whole time while this game was practically done at halftime.

NaptownChief
09-10-2006, 06:01 PM
I didn't get to see his presser....Does he still play to win the games?

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-10-2006, 06:04 PM
I didn't get to see his presser....Does he still play to win the games?

Talk about your all-time red herrings.

ILChief
09-10-2006, 06:08 PM

Defense definitely played better today. Offense was definitely better vs. Eagles last year.

Bob Dole
09-10-2006, 06:17 PM

This was a home game?

Oh ****.

Coach
09-10-2006, 06:18 PM
The only thing that he has been doing as he did in NY was shifting the blame to other coaches, in which should have been done behind closed doors.

Also, who's decision was to wear white today? I'm just wondering.

chief52
09-10-2006, 06:21 PM
The only thing that he has been doing as he did in NY was shifting the blame to other coaches, in which should have been done behind closed doors.

Also, who's decision was to wear white today? I'm just wondering.

Radio broadcast said Herm came up with it three weeks ago as he figured it was going to be hot and he wanted the Bengals in black...

Braincase
09-10-2006, 06:30 PM
Herm made Gunther look good today.

ChiefaRoo
09-10-2006, 06:50 PM

Easy there my man. If you keep this up your going to burst a vessel. Why don't you just relax, get your binky and have the wife/girlfriend and/or "male" partner give you a backrub and relax.

Life is too short to freak out about something you can't control.

Coach
09-10-2006, 07:00 PM
Radio broadcast said Herm came up with it three weeks ago as he figured it was going to be hot and he wanted the Bengals in black...

Brilliant plan. :rolleyes:

The Chiefs has played in 90+ degree weather in Red at Arrowhead, and I never see the problem with that before.

Herm's an idiot.

Hammock Parties
09-10-2006, 07:05 PM
I still can't figure out what Herm did that was so bad today.

09-10-2006, 07:06 PM

He showed up. :shrug:

Coach
09-10-2006, 07:11 PM

Hello? *Hands you a pair of glasses*

1. Black starting at RT, which was a proven failure in the past.
2. Starting off the home opener with white jerseys, which IMHO, took the crowd right out of the game.
3. Shifting the blame to others, in which he should do it behind closed doors. Same shit he's been doing at NY.

Hammock Parties
09-10-2006, 07:15 PM
1. Black starting at RT, which was a proven failure in the past.

Who should have started? The coaching staff saw Svitek in practice all week. Evidently he was WORSE than Black.

2. Starting off the home opener with white jerseys, which IMHO, took the crowd right out of the game.

While I didn't like them, the white jerseys had ZERO effect on the game. The crowd was LOUD AS HELL.

3. Shifting the blame to others, in which he should do it behind closed doors. Same shit he's been doing at NY.

Another thing that had ZERO effect during the game.

Herm did nothing wrong today. I was SCREAMING at him to go for it on 4th down late in the game, and he proceeded to run a fake punt.

09-10-2006, 07:17 PM
Who should have started? The coaching staff saw Svitek in practice all week. Evidently he was WORSE than Black.

While I didn't like them, the white jerseys had ZERO effect on the game. The crowd was LOUD AS HELL.

Herm did nothing wrong today. I was SCREAMING at him to go for it on 4th down late in the game, and he proceeded to run a fake punt.

The Fake punt was great. I never expected that at all.

Coach
09-10-2006, 07:24 PM

Svitek still will need the reps becuase that he is a true Tackle, unlike Black, who has shown no improvement at all. Hell, I'd rather take my chances on Svitek than Black anyways.

Well, if the Chiefs were saying all that "See Red", then why they show up at Arrowhead, looking like a shiny clean white tampons, ready to be used?

Finally, then why is Herm throwing his OC under the bus then? Why do it publicly? Ask any Jet fan, and they'll more than likely agree with me, and that's not becuase they despite the man.

mdstu
09-10-2006, 07:38 PM
I think it was the Charger game last year when Dick called a running play in the Red Zone on a 3rd and 6. Larry picked up the first down and quite a few here praised Dick for having the balls to call the play.

If you look for Martyball you are going to find it in one way or another. I personally am going to give Herm a little more credit. I didn't see anything in this game that I would blame on him. I'll watch it again this week, maybe I missed something.

When we hired him I was very excited, I felt that he had the intensity that we were missing. Somehow reading this board everyday for the last few months has sucked the wind out of my sails. I still believe in him though, for now.

KS Smitty
09-10-2006, 07:40 PM

According to Bob Dole's favorite broadcaster it was probably the NY Giants game in 2001 when the offense was held to less than 7 points at home.

Herm made Gunther look good today.

The most truthful post on this thread.

It's gonna be a roller coaster ride this year.

ChiefsFanatic
09-10-2006, 07:40 PM

Blameless? You are kidding, right? The first time we got into the red zone and ran it three times and kicked a field goal I knew the game was over.

Hammock Parties
09-10-2006, 07:41 PM
Svitek still will need the reps becuase that he is a true Tackle, unlike Black, who has shown no improvement at all. Hell, I'd rather take my chances on Svitek than Black anyways.

Svitek is a "true tackle?"

ROFL

The dude was a DEFENSIVE END in college. Black has more experience at OT than Svitek does at ANY OFFENSIVE LINE POSITION.

Solari was an O-line coach. Obviously he feels Black is the best option. It sucks, but it's the best we can do right now.

Well, if the Chiefs were saying all that "See Red", then why they show up at Arrowhead, looking like a shiny clean white tampons, ready to be used?

Who cares? It's meaningless.

Finally, then why is Herm throwing his OC under the bus then? Why do it publicly? Ask any Jet fan, and they'll more than likely agree with me, and that's not becuase they despite the man.

Again, who cares? Had no effect on the game. I didn't see anyone getting thrown under the bus, anyway. He said there was a communication problem.

Hammock Parties
09-10-2006, 07:41 PM
Blameless? You are kidding, right? The first time we got into the red zone and ran it three times and kicked a field goal I knew the game was over.

Herm doesn't call the plays.

mdstu
09-10-2006, 07:45 PM
Herm isn't the first coach to ever run the ball on 3rd and 5. Man you gotta come with something more than that.

JoeWillie
09-10-2006, 08:55 PM
Herm doesn't call the plays.

I see that you understand the Hermanator's rule #1:

He is not responsible for any play a coordinator on the team calls. Ever.

You've completed indoctrination well.

cyborgtable
09-11-2006, 12:40 PM
The main thing a coach has to do is make sure his team is prepared both physically and mentally for the upcomming game. On sunday the chiefs did not look prepared at all for that game.

Easy 6
09-11-2006, 12:50 PM
Im not ready to totally bag Herm yet , there is going to be an adjustment period. But there could be a disturbing trend developing. It reminds me of the photo shop special I think GOCHIEFS posted a few weeks ago in which Herm drove the bus over DV as Gun and Sims looked on.I giggled like a girl touched in a " special " way for the first time for three days.The look on Herms face was priceless......... ROFL

TEX
09-11-2006, 12:55 PM
According to Bob Dole's favorite broadcaster it was probably the NY Giants game in 2001 when the offense was held to less than 7 points at home.

The most truthful post on this thread.

It's gonna be a roller coaster ride this year.

This year? Unfortunately, this ride is gonna last throughout Herm's tenure as coach. He's too close to Peterson to get DUMPED early the way Gun did. So, we're in this for the long haul. This reminds me of the days of the 3 Stooges. It's just unbelievable that we've come back to this. :shake:

Chief Faithful
09-11-2006, 01:24 PM

This is the second post from you on this thread that reeks of Jets fan.

SouthernJet
09-11-2006, 02:09 PM

haha
as opposed to the spiked Kool-Aid Herm had fans in NY ingest. Herm has paid homage to KC's BBQ roots by serving up some spiked Sweet Tea to GoChiefs and some of the others.

He will 'flustrate' you..
an actual quote of his..

Skip Towne
09-11-2006, 02:43 PM
This is the second post from you on this thread that reeks of Jets fan.
You ever heard of Joe Willie Namath?