PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Defense Currently Ranked #4

RINGLEADER
09-10-2006, 06:06 PM
Before tonight's games the Chiefs have the #4 defense behind Baltimore, New Orleans and Carolina. We also have the worst record in football, lost our starting QB, have a suspect O-Line and need to find a way to score points...but hey, we're number four on defense!

TrickyNicky
09-10-2006, 06:09 PM
Silver Lining! Finally our D has improved!

/toungueincheek

JBucc
09-10-2006, 06:10 PM
Fox sports was right!

Thig Lyfe
09-10-2006, 06:12 PM
This D is very good now I think.

RINGLEADER
09-10-2006, 06:14 PM
And if you really want to put it into perspective, we didn't play the Bucs, Browns, or Falcons...we actually played what most would consider to be a top caliber offense.

I guess we'll see how they do on the road against Denver next week...

TrickyNicky
09-10-2006, 06:15 PM
I thought we played fairly sloppy on D too. Imagine if things are tightened up a bit.

kcjayhawks5
09-10-2006, 06:18 PM
ok now i only saw bits and pieces of the game and i started watching it right when the bengals started their no huddle offense and went right down and scored and it looked same ol same ol.

but i saw the stat that said the chiefs D held the bengals to 11 yards on 12 plays!

what i wanna know is how the secondary played. did law and surtain shut down or limit johnson and did the dline get any pressure at all? what about pollard and page did they see the field?

dj56dt58
09-10-2006, 06:22 PM
ok now i only saw bits and pieces of the game and i started watching it right when the bengals started their no huddle offense and went right down and scored and it looked same ol same ol.

but i saw the stat that said the chiefs D held the bengals to 11 yards on 12 plays!

what i wanna know is how the secondary played. did law and surtain shut down or limit johnson and did the dline get any pressure at all? what about pollard and page did they see the field?
Law and Surtain both played well tho Surtain dropped an int that would have helped things a bit..

The defensive line got pressure on a consistant basis and Page played pretty well when he was in the game. Wesley ****ed up quite a bit as usual...

Aside from that one drive the D played pretty well

Gravedigger
09-10-2006, 06:22 PM
How the hell is Carolina up as one of the best defenses? They weren't looking at the ass wiping they got at home from the Falcons today to make up this list. The only legitamate defensive successes I saw this week were KC, Chicago, and Baltimore thus far unless I'm forgetting someone which is fully possible.

kcjayhawks5
09-10-2006, 06:25 PM
wow thats pretty encouraging. makes me feel a little bit better although i still feel like shit about how green got injured and our oline now sucks. it was inevitable though that our offense would get worse sooner or later, but i thought it would be the later as in next season or the year after. too many big shoes to fill....

TrickyNicky
09-10-2006, 06:27 PM
Well, Cinci held us to 289 total yards so they should be at least top 10 too.

Ugly Duck
09-10-2006, 06:27 PM
I guess we'll see how they do on the road against Denver next week...Hey.... Denver could only manage 259 yards against the Saints defense (ranked like #30 last season). Donks don't look like the powerhouse you would expect from the pundit's pontifications. The Donks won't be a true test of how much your defense has improved.

ChiTown
09-10-2006, 06:28 PM
That's about FKG meaningless...............

Ugly Duck
09-10-2006, 06:33 PM
Well, Cinci held us to 289 total yards so they should be at least top 10 too.

#1 Saints 186 yds
#2 Chiefs 236 yds
#3 Pats 240 yds
#4 Eagles 241 yds
#5 Rams 259 yds
#6 Bears 267 yds
#7 Pittsburg 278 yds
#8 Bengals 289 yds

Braincase
09-10-2006, 06:47 PM
Before tonight's games the Chiefs have the #4 defense behind Baltimore, New Orleans and Carolina. We also have the worst record in football, lost our starting QB, have a suspect O-Line and need to find a way to score points...but hey, we're number four on defense!

Cute pig.