PDA

View Full Version : A lot of shockingly bad performances today

donkhater
09-10-2006, 08:15 PM
KC losing to Cincy wasn't THAT unexpected. Just the way the offense played.

But how about:

Tampa Bay at home
Carolina at home
Denver at St. Luois

OR even in a win:

New England vs. Buffalo
Seattle vs Detroit

The chances of these five teams to have a playoff season was better than KC and they arguably looked as bad or worse.

I guess that suspension bridge is getting pretty crowded.

JBucc
09-10-2006, 08:16 PM
Don't forget that team from Colorado. Bledsoe looked like shit too.

milkman
09-10-2006, 08:20 PM
Don't forget that team from Colorado. Bledsoe looked like shit too.

Bledsoe looking like shit isn't surprising.

Bowser
09-10-2006, 08:22 PM
"Strange things are afoot at the Circle K!"

09-10-2006, 08:23 PM
Carolina was shocking.

the Talking Can
09-10-2006, 08:26 PM
I'm so happy the Dallas hype machine depends on Bledsoe...

tk13
09-10-2006, 08:27 PM
There's always some weird stuff that happens the first week. Denver looked horrible in week 1 last year, turned around and had a good season.

Hammock Parties
09-10-2006, 08:29 PM
So? All of those teams can easily correct their problems.

WE'RE UNEQUIVOCALLY ****ED!!!

cdcox
09-10-2006, 08:30 PM
There's always some weird stuff that happens the first week. Denver looked horrible in week 1 last year, turned around and had a good season.

And the year where NE dumped Lawyer Miloy and got just blown out by the Bills on opening weekend, then went on to win a SB.

Imon Yourside
09-10-2006, 08:34 PM
And the year where NE dumped Lawyer Miloy and got just blown out by the Bills on opening weekend, then went on to win a SB.

I enjoy the optimism like most, but c'mon i don't think Carl or Herm have a magic wand. Lets face the facts and start the rebuilding process now. I want to see Croyle in there taking his lumps, poor Trent deserves better than the trauma he will endure the remainder of this season.

KcMizzou
09-10-2006, 08:36 PM
Carolina was shocking.That one surprised me that most. Seems like everyone has been high on Carolina during the off-season. Surprising to see the Atlanta Vicks handle them like they did.

cdcox
09-10-2006, 08:50 PM
I enjoy the optimism like most, but c'mon i don't think Carl or Herm have a magic wand. Lets face the facts and start the rebuilding process now. I want to see Croyle in there taking his lumps, poor Trent deserves better than the trauma he will endure the remainder of this season.

Are the Chiefs the Patriots? Oh, hell no. I was agreeing with TK13 that you should not to read too much into week one results, in general, for the whole NFL. I'm 80% certain that what we saw today is going to be the story for 2006, perhaps getting a little better by the end of the year.

donkhater
09-10-2006, 09:08 PM
You can never tell. I remember when Grbac went down the first year he was here. Gannon came in and was worse than Huard in a game against Jacksonville. A career backup and hadn't played forever. Thought for sure the season was over. KC ended up 13-3

Basileus777
09-10-2006, 09:18 PM
That one surprised me that most. Seems like everyone has been high on Carolina during the off-season. Surprising to see the Atlanta Vicks handle them like they did.

The Panthers defensive line played very poorly today. They overpursued and played with no discipline, something us Chiefs fans know you cannot do against zone blocking schemes. They allowed the Falcons 250+ yards on the ground.

Thomas Davis played pretty poorly too, I can't believe they passed on DJ for this guy.

The Panthers oline was manhandled, especially by Abraham.

I think the Panthers bought into their own hype, and now their LT Wharton is injured as well as Morgan. I don't know about their superbowl chances.

JBucc
09-10-2006, 09:19 PM
Carolina is always injured